5.2

Review this album

1. Nov 5, 2010
    I try to find the positive in everything I listen to, but this is one occasion where I can't do so. This is a huge disappointment. I looked at some of the artists who were featured on this compilation and while I didn't like a few, I did like some. Doesn't matter because no one, not even Santana, can save this album. I'm not quite sure how the record execs didn't hear this and try to stopI try to find the positive in everything I listen to, but this is one occasion where I can't do so. This is a huge disappointment. I looked at some of the artists who were featured on this compilation and while I didn't like a few, I did like some. Doesn't matter because no one, not even Santana, can save this album. I'm not quite sure how the record execs didn't hear this and try to stop it from being put out to the masses. One of the worst albums I've ever heard. Expand

1. Feb 28, 2011
    The result comes off as a celebrity version of American Idol, in which the prize is not a record contract, but to have your track released as a single.
  2. Dec 20, 2010
    As he mostly prefers to copy the sound of the original guitarists rather than stamp his own unique style on these over-familiar songs, you have to ask what's the point? [Dec 2010, p.105]
  3. There are no reinterpretations--not even the Nas-fronted "Back in Black" changes the song much--just restatements of riffs and replicated effects, each familiar element offering a reminder that Santana, Davis, and company chose to take the easy road by settling for gauche pop instead of guitar rock, winding up with a truly terrible album.