Let Go

Dec 9, 2003
    I love your cd avril
  2. thesillymofo
    Aug 14, 2002
    she's just you kids: she sings about how she's angry, she's sensative and she's a sk8er too.... anti-britney/nsync figure hoping for pop success. worthless.
  3. IhateAvril
    Aug 5, 2003
    Why, do I care, cause this cd is a piece of crap. Come on, canadians are only good for beer and hockey.
  4. KymG.
    Oct 7, 2002
    She has a nice voice i must admit and some good lyrics, alot better that those pop freaks. But shes pretend i bet she cant even skate and the fact she is rippin of us die hard skaters who go hard every day is pathetic. and besides she looks like a 14 year old..
  5. LynetteB
    Apr 23, 2003
    Avril is the most pretentious image in the pop culture since Vanilla Ice. I even have more respect in Britney and Christina, yes, they're as untalented as her but at least, they're not trying to be "avant-garde" as Avril tries to be. She tries to be original but she's actually as shamelessly manufactured as the rest of any pop stars and boy and girl bands you can name of. Avril is the most pretentious image in the pop culture since Vanilla Ice. I even have more respect in Britney and Christina, yes, they're as untalented as her but at least, they're not trying to be "avant-garde" as Avril tries to be. She tries to be original but she's actually as shamelessly manufactured as the rest of any pop stars and boy and girl bands you can name of. For Christ's sake, she doesn't even know who the Ramones and Velvet Underground are! And she calls herself PUNK? Of course, her fans who consider her punk are as CLUELESS as her because, let's admit it, Avril's music is pure commercial POP CRAP! Expand
  6. DerekG
    May 9, 2004
    Horrible, calculated tripe. Alanis Morrissette could have written this in her sleep. Avril's image is a carefully constructed fallacy, designed to be "anti-Britney", but just as contrived as anything about Ms. Spears.
  7. JosephH.
    Oct 2, 2002
    Awful poser-punk-wannabe-rip-off. Avoid at all costs, and pick up some S.O.D.
  8. AmberJ
    Jan 15, 2003
    Avril is a total spoiled princess brat, can't skate, can't sing, can't play her own instrument, and gives a bad reputation to punks everywhere. She disses other artists for no damn reason, when she should live and let live. She's probably only jealous of their talent. She dresses punk, but so do 10 million other people out there...PINK is more punk than avril lavigne Avril is a total spoiled princess brat, can't skate, can't sing, can't play her own instrument, and gives a bad reputation to punks everywhere. She disses other artists for no damn reason, when she should live and let live. She's probably only jealous of their talent. She dresses punk, but so do 10 million other people out there...PINK is more punk than avril lavigne and at least SHE is true to herself...pretty shabby Avril- you're a poseur!!! Expand
  9. L.W.
    Nov 1, 2002
    I'll give her 1 point for having a good voice, but let's face it. She's a poser. She's not "punk" (like she claims to be.) Her lyrics.. whoa they're just horrible. Let's see.. "I'm not the milk and Cheerios in your spoon, It's not a simple here we go not so soon, I might of fallen for that when I was 14 And a little more green." The ridiculous first I'll give her 1 point for having a good voice, but let's face it. She's a poser. She's not "punk" (like she claims to be.) Her lyrics.. whoa they're just horrible. Let's see.. "I'm not the milk and Cheerios in your spoon, It's not a simple here we go not so soon, I might of fallen for that when I was 14 And a little more green." The ridiculous first line speaks for itself, the second makes no sense at all, I've no quals with the third, and the fourth...Avril, the writing is lacking. Expand
  10. crazyjimbo
    Aug 19, 2002
    WTF? A skater anti pop "rebel" who sings with the tone of pop? Everything she says is a cliche and fake. "I'm so cool, I can thrash the mall with all of my friends who are just payed back up artists and then we can sing like a country-rock fusion band!" If you buy this album thinking that this artist is anti pop, and so close to rebellion and an "agitated teen" then you my friend, WTF? A skater anti pop "rebel" who sings with the tone of pop? Everything she says is a cliche and fake. "I'm so cool, I can thrash the mall with all of my friends who are just payed back up artists and then we can sing like a country-rock fusion band!" If you buy this album thinking that this artist is anti pop, and so close to rebellion and an "agitated teen" then you my friend, are a retard. Seriously - bust out the rope and the high chair and end it - because your tastes in music can only reflect upon yourself. Which is the exact advice I would give to the artist herself. Expand
  11. FrancoisM.
    Jul 31, 2002
    Absolutely terrible. Avril should take a few months of singing lessons.
  12. yourmom
    Aug 23, 2002
    she doesn't write her own music, or maybe co-writes by throwing in a few rhymes, she admits she "sucks" at guitar, and she doesn't really skate OR sing punk music, yet she calls herself a "skater punk". pathetic. on top of that, she sounds just like britney spears, whom she tries so hard to rebel against.
  13. NateM.
    Sep 26, 2002
    Sigh. The music business' co-opt of punk is now complete - she may look "punky", but her music is the same sort of crap pushed by every other pre-packaged popster on the radio today.
  14. Jessica
    Dec 21, 2002
    Avril, you really need to find a new style and stop being a damn poser, you are not punk hun nor a "rocker". You just piss me off, you give people as in pop fans a reason to take the punk and "rocker" styles and invite more posers like yourself to the scene, now stop it!

1. The Canadian rocker looks like a (prettier) member of Sum 41, sounds like a slightly less-pissed Alanis Morissette and has the streetwise 'tude of Pink.
  2. Q Magazine
    Lavigne displays a musical guile way beyond her years. [Sep 2002, p.109]
  3. Blender
    Lavigne splices the angst of Alanis Morissette and the snarl of Courtney Love into a debut full of sunny guitar pop. [#8, p.115]