8.9

Review this album

1. RichardK
    Jan 8, 2007
    If you never really liked Dylan (like myself), you'll not like this album either. I had high hopes after seeing the critical acclaim and incrediably high ratings given this album. But as I'm learning, a high rating on Metacritic usually only means that fans of the artist find this one of his best. Sample it first before you buy. If you don't like it after sampling, save If you never really liked Dylan (like myself), you'll not like this album either. I had high hopes after seeing the critical acclaim and incrediably high ratings given this album. But as I'm learning, a high rating on Metacritic usually only means that fans of the artist find this one of his best. Sample it first before you buy. If you don't like it after sampling, save your hard earned money for something you'll like. Expand
  2. JackS
    Jul 26, 2007
    One song was enough for me. I have tried many, many times to like Bob Dylan, but I never understood the appeal of vocals that sound his testes are in vice grips. Maybe it is an acquired taste. Maybe I do not have good taste. It does not matter. Dylan to me sounds like crap.

1. "Love and Theft" sees Dylan roaring back from Highway 61 at full bore, reminding us -- as he did on Blonde on Blonde, The Basement Tapes, and Blood on the Tracks -- that, like him or not, there isn't anybody else who can do his job.
    An album virtually bereft of fluff and filler. [Album Of The Month] [Oct 2001, p.104]
    Where [Time Out Of Mind] stared down heartbreak and mortality with somber melancholy, Love and Theft finds Dylan taking on those same themes loaded up with piss and vinegar. [Nov 2001, p.127]