8.8

Mar 10, 2003
    perfect
  2. WaltM
    Aug 4, 2006
    Will Oldham performs some of his most pastorally seductive songs sung with the utmost of poignant fragility. "Hard Life" has remained my current favorite song for some 2 years now. Short and bittersweet...
  3. AndeeG
    Mar 13, 2003
    how ever, it is a really great album. great songs with a great voice!
  4. MathieuC
    May 12, 2006
    Once Again, Pitchfork is incredibly wrong. This is a wonderful record, juste good songs, a warm sound, a touching voice and it's wonderfully recorded. You feel like your sitting next to Oldham singning you his song. One of the best disc in my collection.
  5. davidw
    Feb 19, 2003
    I can't stop playing this CD.I have never been that big of a fan of Oldham and any of his incarnations, so I hesitated buying this CD. I purchased it based on the strength of the review in Uncut and I am glad I did. This is the best of 2003 so far will definately end up on my to 10.
  6. beng
    Apr 12, 2003
    incredible. the most beautiful album i've ever heard, no questions asked.
  7. bretta
    Apr 21, 2005
    Esential listening

1. A good album that finds Oldham retreating from the layered solemnity of his most recent releases in favor of a mood that is as intimate and delicate as it is bittersweet and biting.
    It doesn't matter whether we're spying through his windows when he's so clearly spying through ours, his peculiarly stilted narratives and ageless music fusing into universal images of loneliness. [Feb 2003, p.94]
  3. His most poignant and accessible work to date. [Feb 2003, p.96]