New - Paul McCartney
8.3

Review this album

1. Oct 19, 2013
    I agree with lenny68 100%. It is a very forgettable album that does not have a single track that stands out among the rest. Which is actually very disappointing considering how great of a song writer Paul can be. For example, There is a song called On my way to work on the album that was not only very literal but also very stupid. I expected far better.

Overall, Did not care for it.
    Just a generic album that simply fails to stick out and yet it gets praise because it's made by McCartney. I bet if he recorded an album full of fart noises that he would win a grammy for it. Expand
  2. Oct 16, 2013
    As a Beatles {and to a lesser extent McCartney} fan, it pains me to say it, but this is a very bland and forgettable album in my opinion. I haven't heard anything that stands out or will stand up to repeated listening.
  3. Feb 26, 2014
    Not a single song on here is worth listening to. Sure, Paul McCartney experiments on some songs, but it just sounds bad overall. Nice effort, but the songs just weren't well written. Then there's some obligatory Beatles' rip-off songs. And all the rest are mainly forgettable. Some of the songs have potential, but then they either go nowhere or go in a negative direction.

This guy
    just puts out these albums to make money. And critics are too afraid to bash his new music for what it really is: garbage. In fact, McCartney as a solo artist was never very good. His albums were always pretty lame, but with a few absolute standouts.

Lennon was the one with the better solo career. And I think he'd be rolling in his grave at the music McCartney is making currently. They certainly weren't getting along towards the end anyways in terms of liking each other's songs. So, I doubt he would like what he's doing now.

1. Dec 18, 2013
    The pop hits sound as good as anything McCartney did with the Beatles, but it's the ballads that make this a winner. [No. 105, p.57]
  2. Dec 16, 2013
    Ultimately, it may not include anything that will endure as long as some of his Wings classics, let alone the Fabs’, but it’s a powerful and persuasive album from a man whose innate knack for melody is still firing.
  3. Nov 25, 2013
    What could have been a confused, trying-to-be-hip mish-mash is instead a re-playable collection of extremely strong songs, Paul's most interesting, varied and soul-baring in years. [Dec 2013, p.84]