Night Shades

5.2

Review this album

1. Dec 2, 2016
    Night Shades has its moments of fun, however the album is fairly lacking in what made previous albums relatively enjoyable to listen to, instead aiming to be a commercial outing.
  2. Dec 2, 2016
    Night Shades is a disappointing entry into Cobra Starship's discography, as it not only lacks the fun and memorable hooks that made me enjoy the previous albums when I was younger, but is also bland, soulless, dull, and at worst, forgettable. Though the album does have a few moments that reflect what I had initially liked about their previous works, Night Shades is a banal and manufacturedNight Shades is a disappointing entry into Cobra Starship's discography, as it not only lacks the fun and memorable hooks that made me enjoy the previous albums when I was younger, but is also bland, soulless, dull, and at worst, forgettable. Though the album does have a few moments that reflect what I had initially liked about their previous works, Night Shades is a banal and manufactured disappointment. Expand
  3. Dec 2, 2016
    Night Shades is unfortunately the band's weakest work, being bland and boring, and nowhere as fun or as enjoyable as previous works, despite having a few enjoyable moments.
  4. Sep 17, 2012
    As a whole, the album is incoherent yet repetitive. The overuse of some electronic sounds is annoying at times. Nevertheless, Night Shades has some pretty decent tracks, which are all great and suitable for club and party.

The mild vulgarity and cute arrogance put to such an innocent melody [in "Fool Like Me"] is the brand of sass for which Cobra Starship are best known. Unfortunately, these traits are desperately lacking from the rest of Night Shades.
  2. Aug 30, 2011
    Saporta can't tune out his favorite decade, adopting a silky croon on "Anything for Love," a synth-pop winner that might've been a real hit in 1986.
  3. Aug 30, 2011
    Packing so many WTFs into one ten-song record is hardly fair, a bit reckless, and ultimately (amazingly) successful.