7.9

Review this album

1. Aug 30, 2012
    As R.E.M. fan I can't avoid givin' Part Lies, Part Heart, Part Truth, Part Garbage (10 also for the title!) a 10/10.
    There are all the best songs of their incredible career and two of the three new songs are very good. I love We All Go Back To Where We Belong, the last single. I would have put Harborcoat from Reckoning and Cuyahoga from Lifes Rich Pageant. Maybe Be Mine and Mine Smell Like Honey would have been good, too, but that's only my personal opinion.
    Good Bye R.E.M.!

1. Dec 22, 2011
    This two-disc set captures R.E.M. in their prime, erasing the memory of their middling final decade. [Jan 2012, p.135]
  2. Dec 12, 2011
    Pageant has aged well, with the bonus disc of Athens Demos confirming that much of the album's brilliance is down to band and producer making the most of slum resources.[Aug. 2011, p. 113]
  3. Dec 12, 2011
    The chronological sequencing, kicking off with the delightfully sloppy "Gardening At night" from the "Chronic Town" EP, charts a course from indie college jangle to pensive AOR, and tracks fro their latter days on the IRS label sparkle with eloquence and grandeur. [Jan 2012, p.96]