8.2

Review this album

1. Sep 30, 2013
    This album is so amazing, Lorde explored a new sound, different from other Indie artists, and the result is Pure Heroine, all the songs are catchy, I do not get tired of hearing.
  2. Oct 11, 2013
    There shouldn't have to be reviews written for this album. Ella Yelich O'Connor, better known as Lorde, cranks out 10 masterpieces that show no weakness and will please the ears of pop music listeners. Her appeal is wide-ranging and intriguing.

The overall theme of the album is minimalist, and the catchy alt-pop and tremendous songwriting displayed on the record is indicative of the potential Joel Little and Lorde have working together. Lorde's lyrics are thoughtful, mature, pleasing, and clever. Little's production fits the themes of the songs very well, and though he isn't Stargate when it comes to the beats department, he isn't DJ Mustard either. His production is good across the board.

Every track stands out in its own way, but if I had to pick a few to listen to:

Royals
    Team
    Tennis Court
    Bravado
    Ribs

Yeah, I would have to pick half the album.

I've already talked about the songwriting, but Lorde's voice is gold. She cruises through songs smoothly while displaying an impressive lower range that's both comforting and haunting at the same time.

100% a must buy. The fact that she's 16 is just the icing on one of the sweetest cakes of 2013.
  3. Oct 8, 2013
    This album is so refreshing amongst all the other pop albums out today. Lorde adds so much depth to already unique beats through her lyrics. It is easy to listen to the album multiple times.
  4. Dec 21, 2013
    Pure Heroine is a display of 10 beautifully written and performed tracks; it is an artistic showcase of pure talent that you would not expect from a 16 year old. It is almost like as if Lorde invented a new sound, which is a major stand-out from other mainstream artists. Stand-outs are Royals (undoubtedly) and Tennis Court. Massive congratulations to Lorde for her recent success.
  5. Oct 11, 2013
    I agree almost word for word with the pitchfork review, but I think they left out one important fact...it is absolutely impossible to stop listening to this album. My favorite albums of the last five years are "This is happening" and "It's Blitz." I don't think Lorde has quite yet achieved the sophistication of James Murphey's lyrics and production, but man, for pure addictive music, "PureI agree almost word for word with the pitchfork review, but I think they left out one important fact...it is absolutely impossible to stop listening to this album. My favorite albums of the last five years are "This is happening" and "It's Blitz." I don't think Lorde has quite yet achieved the sophistication of James Murphey's lyrics and production, but man, for pure addictive music, "Pure Heroine" is absolutely unmatched. Expand
  6. Oct 11, 2013
    truly a tremendous album! every song is so well produced and catchy and the lyrics are amazing. no reason not to buy this absolute gem. all 10 songs are awesome.
  7. Oct 18, 2013
    This album is so good it is scary. From her anti-prom queen and anti-mainstream agendas to the simple yet very effective production this album is a masterpiece. Just by listening to it I feel like I know her, I can picture her town the characters in her lyrics very easily. And last but not least her vocals and very catchy choruses. This album shall be on a loop for a very longtime.
  8. Dec 7, 2013
    Really really good....Almost surpassed my expectations.My friend suggested this album to me and I am grateful to him for it. The song 'Royals' is the most catchy song of the whole album. The other songs are also very good. Hats off to Lorde!!!
  9. Dec 8, 2013
    A really, really new sound on the global music industry, Lorde is bringing us a really new level to alternative music (it's not pretty beat-y). The minimalistic sound that the album had may be a great choice for relaxing your minds. Especially per tracks:

'Tennis Court' Pretty much pop and pretty much skater swag. '400 Lux' Unusual 'Royals' Only beats, bass, and Lorde 'Ribs'

'Tennis Court' Pretty much pop and pretty much skater swag.
    '400 Lux' Unusual
    'Royals' Only beats, bass, and Lorde
    'Ribs' Sweet night techno-minimal.
    'Buzzcut Season' A perfect firefly pop.
    'Team' Kinda ironic, because the songs uses handclaps and the lyrics contain "anti-handclap'
    'Glory and Gore' Mini-rock.
    'Still Sane' Lana Del Rey
    'White Teeth Teens' Reminds me of Spain and Jake Bugg.
    'A World Alone' Next potential single.

for the next chapter, it's pretty sweet if Lorde and Joel Little collaborate again.
  10. May 31, 2014
    "Pure Heroine" by Lorde is just a fantastic album. Every song on this album is very relatable and songs that you can sing-along to, and Lorde's voice is just captivating.
  11. Oct 1, 2013
    This album is probably the best of the year. Lorde is in a genre of her own and I don't think that she can be compared to any other artist out there today.
  12. Jan 11, 2014
    I can't believe i didn't hear this album until today.

Very smart lyrics. The minimalist music gives room for Lorde to showcase her singing, which is a pleasure to the ears. Not to mention that, in its own right, the music itself is pretty gorgeous.

Of course, some tracks are forgettable. But the majority here is amazing tracks. This is easily one of the best albums released in 2013.
  13. Dec 29, 2013
    Very limit number of instruments, yet. The albums is amazing! The vocals are great, all tracks are good as well. Definitely, Lorde is the future of music!
  14. Dec 21, 2013
    Simply a precious masterpiece.
    Every song grips in it's uniqueness and does not let go for a long time.
    A triumph for a newly discovered talent.
    All my hopes for Lorde to keep the level.
  15. Oct 11, 2013
    Easily the best album of the year, I found Lorde half a year ago when I listened to 'Royals' and got hooked instantly. Incredible artist, incredible music. A+
  16. Mar 29, 2014
    Pure Heroine is the best record of the year, period. Each song, each rhythm, each lyric, an absolute masterpiece, and to think that Lorde is only 17 years old. Beyond the mainstream hits like Royals and Team, which are excellent songs by the way, the album contains subtler songs like A World Alone, which I think is the anthem for today's youth, and White Teeth Teens, which talks aboutPure Heroine is the best record of the year, period. Each song, each rhythm, each lyric, an absolute masterpiece, and to think that Lorde is only 17 years old. Beyond the mainstream hits like Royals and Team, which are excellent songs by the way, the album contains subtler songs like A World Alone, which I think is the anthem for today's youth, and White Teeth Teens, which talks about today's adolescents. A must listen to anyone who loves Pop or Alternative music. Let's see what Lorde comes up with next, and I'll be waiting at the edge of my seat. Expand
  17. Feb 2, 2014
    This album is definitely one of the best albums I've heard in a while.The reason why I like this album so much is because it is so different than any other album that has come out in a while.What amazes me is Lorde's age.Her vocals are great and the production on the album is definitely on point.I would highly suggest purchasing this album and give it a try.It's pretty d*mn good.
  18. Feb 28, 2014
    Nada sobre fim de relacionamentos ou vida de um adolescente, em Pure Heroine, seu álbum de estréia, Lorde veio para falar sobre os adolescentes de dentes brancos e sobre o fato de nunca pertencer á realeza.

No meio de tanta música ruim hoje em dia, Lorde se destaca com suas letras inteligentes e qualidade musical entre esses artistas teen de hoje, que só sabem falar sobre uma coisa em suas músicas: O quanto estão apaixonados. Com faixas incríveis que simplesmente te viciam, "Pure Heroine" é, de longe, um dos melhores (para não dizer O melhor) álbuns de 2013. Não é atoa que a neozelandesa Lorde conseguiu 2 grammys em um ano de carreira, vencendo de artistas como P!nk, Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry e Bruno Mars. Mal posso esperar pelo seu novo disco e espero que tenha o dobro de qualidade que "Pure Heroine".

Melhores do álbum: Tennis Court, Royals, Buzzcut Season, Team e Glory and Gore
  19. Apr 29, 2014
    Pure Heroine is sparse, minimal and uncanny. Not only does Lorde push forward an album that offers up an embarrassment of the pop songs available now, but she has sculpted an impressive debut that draws a perfect line between the areas of accessibility and intelligence. It is delightful to see someone of that age to write all her songs but at the same time have them be lyrically relevantPure Heroine is sparse, minimal and uncanny. Not only does Lorde push forward an album that offers up an embarrassment of the pop songs available now, but she has sculpted an impressive debut that draws a perfect line between the areas of accessibility and intelligence. It is delightful to see someone of that age to write all her songs but at the same time have them be lyrically relevant and relatable. Pure Heroine may not exactly be multi-faceted, but it can at times be complex. The thing that caught my attention over time was the aspect of production in Lorde's debut. The dazzling album may have been recorded in a modestly sized studio in Auckland, but Pure Heroine sizzles with a effervescent, pure and almost exposed production. Drums are often used, snares, and dark- brooding bursts of snares. Lyrically it is thought provoking and highly mature, and is extremely refreshing to see an established artist stray away from the mainstream agenda, who generally sing about unrelatable topics such as wealth, cars, drugs, money, alcohol, mansions, jewellery etc. It makes me happy to see someone challenging such an ideal that has been idolised and established within the music industry-- Track wise, Pure Heroine is very catchy and its very obvious to see much of Lorde's song writing is derived from smart observations about society and her life in general. The best tracks in the album lay dispersed throughout the short album. It opens with the jagged, punchy 'Tennis Court' which flows onto songs like 400 lux and Royals, but the best track comes 4th. Ribs delights with its ambient, atmospheric opening which lasts just over 40 seconds. Lyrically its the most intelligent, and by far the most distinct(excluding Glory and Gore of course) It has a fast paced beat, which slows during the pre choruses. Ribs may be the best song that Lorde has created. The only can we say bad song on the album, comes just over mid way. Glory and Gore definitely strays away from the albums distinct nature of minimalism. I would of liked for it to be excluded, and maybe put the Love Club there instead. Overall Lorde has moulded a fantastic debut, which sure will be hard to beat for her next album, which I'm sure looking forward to. Expand
  20. Apr 6, 2014
    This album is my first review on Metacritic. The composition of this album is clever and clear. Her voice cuts through the instrumentals and electronics. I thoroughly enjoyed this CD from start to finish. One of those albums to close your eyes and shut out the world or put in the car and roll the windows down. Most of these songs are very catchy and you will find yourself singing orThis album is my first review on Metacritic. The composition of this album is clever and clear. Her voice cuts through the instrumentals and electronics. I thoroughly enjoyed this CD from start to finish. One of those albums to close your eyes and shut out the world or put in the car and roll the windows down. Most of these songs are very catchy and you will find yourself singing or humming one or two of them. There isn't a song on the album that I didn't enjoy.

That being said it's not perfect. There are times where the bass punches a bit too much for my taste. Also, her voice may not appeal to all comers. She has a breathy and airy quality to her voice which has been heard before. Some lyrics flow better than others and at times if you listen carefully you can notice that they echo that she still is just a teenager.

For a debut album this is a strong release. I look forward to hearing what comes next from Lorde. If you are on the fence based on what you've heard on the radio, she is definitely worth a listen the entire album through.
  21. Apr 12, 2014
    This album is very surprising at how excellent it is compared to other "Pop" artists today.

When first hearing Royals, I thought that Lorde was another person who had one hit and slowly lost their popularity. But as more singles came out, I knew that she was different and unique. So I took a chance and bought this album. Boy, did I make a good decision. The theme of this album is

The theme of this album is actually about going AGAINST the pop machine and artists who are popular because of their looks. The songs in this album are addicting, some highlights are Ribs, White Teeth Teens, and The Love Club.

If you like alternative music or anything like that, this album is a must for you. I am excited to see what Lorde puts out next.
  22. Jun 16, 2014
    A suburban teenagers dream. Perfectly written, incomparable melodies and amazing fluidity.

Ella Marija Lani Yellich O'Connor's (Lorde) debut album is amazing. There isn't a weak song in the 10 superb ones on the record. Her and Joel Little create magic!
  23. Oct 5, 2014
    Listening to this album, I noticed how nowadays people often create music that attempts to dictate how young people should be living their lives. Partying, socializing, and having fun. But the reality is that none of it is true. Lorde talks about the truth behind teenhood. Boredom, friendship, and fear. For some, this album may be hard to relate to. If you cant, the only you'll find hereListening to this album, I noticed how nowadays people often create music that attempts to dictate how young people should be living their lives. Partying, socializing, and having fun. But the reality is that none of it is true. Lorde talks about the truth behind teenhood. Boredom, friendship, and fear. For some, this album may be hard to relate to. If you cant, the only you'll find here is a nice voice with minimalist instrumentals. But there is so much more here than that. If you are very young, hold this off for a little while before listening to it. But for people who spent (or still spending) their teen years being bored, working, or worrying about the future, this is something that everyone should listen to. Expand
  24. May 4, 2014
    ELA ESCREVE MUITO BEM, ELA E UM GÊNIO... CONSEGUI SE EXPRESSAR EM ÁLBUM COMPLETO E CHEIO DE HITS, NÃO QUE EU GOSTE DA SUA PERSONALIDADE... MAS ELA É UMA ÓTIMA ESCRITORA.
  25. Nov 18, 2013
    I seriously cannot believe that a teenage girl has such a mature and strong personality and attitude in front of the world. In a stream full of "performers", nonsense songs and viral videos that reach thousands of millions of views in few days, Lorde is not afraid to say that she doesn't want to belong to that world. And she really do mean it, that's the best part. Her songs contain suchI seriously cannot believe that a teenage girl has such a mature and strong personality and attitude in front of the world. In a stream full of "performers", nonsense songs and viral videos that reach thousands of millions of views in few days, Lorde is not afraid to say that she doesn't want to belong to that world. And she really do mean it, that's the best part. Her songs contain such incredibly rough and realistic meanings, combined with minimal and precise music that makes everything smoothier and calmer. Her voice is so out of this world, as well as her variations. This is talent. This is an artist. This is Lorde: (hope to be) the next new true legend of music! Expand
  26. Jun 20, 2014
    Esse album é maravilhoso,o segundo melhor de 2013(só perde pra ARTPOP) que o sucessor de Pure Heroine seja igualmente maravilhoso e Lorde/Ella não me descepcione.
  27. Dec 16, 2014
    Best indie album for me, Lord is a great artist and still has much to show us, and this debut album was a great start, is not a tedious album and all the songs have quality.
    Highlights: Tennis Court and Bravado
    Lows: Bitind Down and Swigin Party
  28. Nov 26, 2013
    At just 16 years old, Lorde has all the credibility Lana Del Rey wished one day or spend. No need to dress with vintage image and scream desperate for his men in their tracks. Lorde slaps in the face of the music industry in ''Royals'' and sports in rhyming ''Tennis Court''. Definitely, Lorde is the future of music.
  29. Oct 2, 2013
    Lorde is still very young, and so, yes, there are some oversights, but I am so incredibly impressed by the imagery and the mood she lays down so easily. Disturbed suburbia, too-good-to-be-true bland teenage years. What a specific thing, but it's such a triumph. Buzzcut Season is my favourite.
  30. Jun 30, 2014
    This album is great. All (except two) songs on this album are flawless. Lorde has explored a new side of pop music and I'm a fan. I could listen to this all day - and I do.
    The best songs are : Ribs, White Teeth Teens, Buzzcut Season, Bravado and Royals.
    I love Lorde :)
  31. Oct 4, 2014
    Amazing album! Deep and dark songs! I absolutely love her voice! It's so hard to imagine how a 17 year old made this! So excited for her next album! One of the best albums I've ever heard.
  32. Dec 3, 2014
    It's amazing to know that she was only 16 years old when she wrote this album, he's wonderful. Melodies that enchant, songs that could never be discarded. Album of the Decade, that's all.
  33. Dec 17, 2014
    BEST ALBUM EVER. Lorde could show us what is really music. I loved this album since 2013 and until today I never feel tired listenin it. Simplely incredible. Everybody needs more albuns like that. Everybody should make Lorde a mirror for yourselfs.
  34. Oct 27, 2013
    I should put a little disclaimer here: this review is gonna be a bit positively biased, because as annoyed as I am by it basically becoming a selling point for her, she's 16. And considering both that I'm her age and that I'm an aspiring musician myself, I can't help but be particularly happy about her sudden success. And aside from that, her mainstream breakthrough single Royals isI should put a little disclaimer here: this review is gonna be a bit positively biased, because as annoyed as I am by it basically becoming a selling point for her, she's 16. And considering both that I'm her age and that I'm an aspiring musician myself, I can't help but be particularly happy about her sudden success. And aside from that, her mainstream breakthrough single Royals is easily one of my favorite pop hits of 2013. It basically talks about being sick of the annoyingly recurring themes of excess & wealth that have plagued a lot of pop & hip hop music on the radio over the last decade or so. But one other thing I appreciate about it is how this sentiment is handled. This song could've easily been nothing but preachy & obnoxious pseudo-hipster drivel. But weaved within this bashing of music lacking substance & relatability is an admission that she'd love to be able to live that kind of lifestyle, but is just annoyed by these people feeling the need to brag about their possessions in the music they're selling to the masses. And now we have her debut album Pure Heroine, which could be one of my top albums of 2013 by year's end.

Royals combines a lot of Pure Heroine's best traits. One interesting thing going on consistently musically is how sparse the production is. On a good majority of the album there's nothing in the instrumental mix but an electronic beat, an atmospheric synth & occasionally some self-backing vocals with great harmonies. I get how on paper for some people this might result in an album that's boring, monotonous & void of variety. Fortunately though, things are kept interesting by incredibly catchy melodies & various tempo changes from song to song. If anything this kind of minimalist approach helps to emphasize the album's main appeal, the vocals & lyrics. But again that's not to say there's nothing interesting in what's surrounding it. Ribs has a very creative structure, starting with an ambient minute-long intro before going into a back-and-forth switching between speeds Lorde sings some of the verses in, which helps bring out a mix of emotions in the lyrics being repeated. The thing to pull it all together is Lorde's great voice, which manages to gets the ideas being expressed across effectively without the need for obnoxious belting or showing off, which are common crimes in a lot of music where the voice is the main attraction. Not only that, but nothing here is forgettable, and there's never a filler moment in this concise, 10-track, 37-minute listen.

Lyrically the main 2 themes being portrayed are biting social commentary & vivid thought processes in dealing with newfound fame. With the former, it's tackled from a few different angles. Aside from Royals & the similarly themed Team, there's tracks like Buzzcut Season and Glory And Gore, which talk about the mainstream news media's 2 opposite problems: covering pop culture & celebrity gossip instead of the real problems in the world, and exaggerating & exploiting these problems to the point where people watching either become paranoid pessimists or don't take these issues as seriously as they should. They're messages that contradict each other on the surface but make sense when you really think about it. On the more personal side of things you have tracks like Tennis Court, Still Sane & A World Alone, which detail Lorde coming to terms with her seemingly out-of-nowhere popularity. Now in most cases for me this would be questionable, since how can you talk about your big-time success on your debut album? But you have to think about the context; in New Zealand Royals was already #1 back in March, making her a very big deal in her home country by the time this album was being written. There's talk of getting on planes to tour, dealing with the pressures of scrutiny & criticism, and fearing that she'll end up just another trashy egotistical pop star. One other track worth specifically mentioning is White Teeth Teens, which details O'Connor's disinterest with being one of the perfect popular kids. Fortunately though, like “Royals”, it avoids the typical pitfalls of that kind of message. It doesn't portray these people as one-dimensional villains, but as just a different class she tried to & later gave up being a part of. And all of these themes get the messages across clear while never resorting to illiterate spoon-feeding.

I can really say nothing negative about this album. It keeps a consistent & distinct sound while never letting tracks bleed together, the lyrics are sincere, on-point & relatable, and the best part is that her song is #1, which is just another sign, if not the defining one, of balance finally being restored on the pop charts in terms of quality. If you're into these traits & have an appreciation for great pop music with some electronic influences, listen to this ASAP.

Top 5 tracks: Royals, Tennis Court, Still Sane, A World Alone, Ribs
    Score: 94/100
  35. Oct 10, 2013
    The very simple and minimalistic beats mix extremely well with her voice. Its good to see someone singing from the heart and not conforming to the mainstream. Good to see pop is headed in a good direction.
  36. Dec 1, 2013
    Lorde's debut album "Pure Heroine" serves much more delighting messages than having sex and doing drugs and partying all the time. The one most impressive (from countless positive messages) is being yourself and don't hope for much than you have it could turn against you, like her most successful song that grabbed most of the critics and people "Royals". "Royals" was called as racy,Lorde's debut album "Pure Heroine" serves much more delighting messages than having sex and doing drugs and partying all the time. The one most impressive (from countless positive messages) is being yourself and don't hope for much than you have it could turn against you, like her most successful song that grabbed most of the critics and people "Royals". "Royals" was called as racy, stupid, weird, dumb. NO. It is actually very unique in style and rich on content. Not all of Lord's songs are perfect but they are either rated as "Really Good" "Different (in a good way)" or all of the above plus "Perfect". Pure Heroine is rather the album of the year. Expand
  37. Oct 25, 2013
    Very interesting, very likable, Lorde makes her mark with this album. Very mature and serious, these songs are nice to listen to if you want a relaxing time. These songs have a deeper meaning to them than most of what is released these days. In a world full of hits and misses, this album is definitely a hit.
  38. Mar 19, 2015
    Pure Heroine is by far a perfect mix of sounds, not only for Royals, which is just a demonstration of what she could do. It's incredible how a 16 year-old girl could have such a vision about things and life. Masterpiece.
  39. May 18, 2014
    It's the album that the music industry as required for a long time...while it's musically not all that impressive, it's definitely the image and views of Lorde which put the majority of the music industry to shame with the lack of talent and creativity which has been spread like wildfire for the last fifteen to twenty years. Lorde is the Marilyn Manson of the new age, just not with theIt's the album that the music industry as required for a long time...while it's musically not all that impressive, it's definitely the image and views of Lorde which put the majority of the music industry to shame with the lack of talent and creativity which has been spread like wildfire for the last fifteen to twenty years. Lorde is the Marilyn Manson of the new age, just not with the attempts of offensiveness. Expand
  40. Nov 9, 2013
    Uno de los mejores albums que he escuchado este año, sin duda Lorde se lució, es un disco con 10 canciones que no aburren, lleno de magia pura que soprende con sus sonidos que cautivan y a la vez llenan.
  41. Nov 16, 2013
    I love her so much and this is a fantastic album!! Some songs sound the same but it's ok!! I love the raspiness that she brings out in her voice. She has a bright future ahead of her
  42. Nov 13, 2013
    Probably the best album of 2013. Lorde's sound can not be matched as she proves at 16 she is a true original. Download: Glory and Gore, Team, Tennis Court, 400 Lux.
  43. Mar 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After hearing Royals, and with all the hype surrounding this release, I had to give it a listen. And I can proudly say it is now one of my favourite albums of all time. From the awe-inducing minimalist hip-hop production and her bold vocals to the catchy and captivating lyrics this album is full off and the fact that Lorde is still only a teenager really left me completely dumbstruck. The only thing I can say about this album is LISTEN TO IT! Expand
  44. Dec 26, 2013
    "Pure Heroine" has a skip-able has a song which is "Biting Down" in my opinion, overall this is one of the best records I've listen to this year since Phillip Phillips debut "The World from the Side of the Moon". Basically, the album features great songs such as "Tennis Court", "Ribs", "Team", "A World Alone", "Glory And Gore", and the quadruple-platinum hit "Royals". In my opinion, my"Pure Heroine" has a skip-able has a song which is "Biting Down" in my opinion, overall this is one of the best records I've listen to this year since Phillip Phillips debut "The World from the Side of the Moon". Basically, the album features great songs such as "Tennis Court", "Ribs", "Team", "A World Alone", "Glory And Gore", and the quadruple-platinum hit "Royals". In my opinion, my highlights of this album is "Team", "Glory And Gore", "Ribs", "A World Alone" "Royals" and "The Love Club". I love her voice, I just love it, and I feel like her vocals are inspired by Nelly Furtado on some songs. I gave it a ten due to the Lyrical content. production and because of Lorde's direction. She is a very good person based on the songs she have wrote, I hope she doesn't turn out like Avril Lavigne whose career is dying due to her signing to a rapidly declining label. Expand
  45. Feb 28, 2014
    I love this album. Lorde is definitely one of my favorite musicians. Her voice is very relaxing and distinct and her songwriting is very expressive, although it may take some time to realize what she is talking about in her songs.
  46. May 9, 2014
    I love his voice very skillful, very good songs and a good pace, very good to be still very young Lyrics, Est album is great Although you name two ways, and very simple cover a little more effort would have been improved.
  47. Jun 20, 2014
    I have only just managed to ween myself off from listening to Pure Heroine on repeat since it was released late September 2013. Became a fan of Lorde and her music after hearing her Love Club EP over a year ago. It boggles my mind to think this teen wrote the lyrics to all the songs on Pure Heroine bar Swinging Party when she was only 15. Over the last 8 or so months I keep changing myI have only just managed to ween myself off from listening to Pure Heroine on repeat since it was released late September 2013. Became a fan of Lorde and her music after hearing her Love Club EP over a year ago. It boggles my mind to think this teen wrote the lyrics to all the songs on Pure Heroine bar Swinging Party when she was only 15. Over the last 8 or so months I keep changing my favorite song from the album...songs I liked the least slowly made their way to the top of my fav list the more I listened to each track. I've since discovered other crazy talented new artists since however, Pure Heroine is still my No.1 album for 2013/204 - no doubt will go on to become a classic. Expand
  48. Oct 27, 2014
    Lorde made her debut with the critically-acclaimed number one hit "Royals" and had impacted, and simultaneously challenged the pop mainstream culture with her work that is not only amazing sonically, but also lyrically, at a very young age. This platinum-selling and Grammy-award winning record depicts Lorde and her friends's life in New Zealand, her criticism, and thoughts of pop culture,Lorde made her debut with the critically-acclaimed number one hit "Royals" and had impacted, and simultaneously challenged the pop mainstream culture with her work that is not only amazing sonically, but also lyrically, at a very young age. This platinum-selling and Grammy-award winning record depicts Lorde and her friends's life in New Zealand, her criticism, and thoughts of pop culture, which shows honesty rarely seen before in this era, and therefore, is reaching a new plateau for the pop world.
  49. Feb 6, 2015
    Lorde é um gênio. O fato é que ela escreveu essas músicas com 15/16, e mostrou mais maturidade que muitos compositores 10 ou 15 anos mais velhos que ela. As metáforas, o jeito nada meloso ou clichê de retratar o amor, mostra o quão madura ela é. Tudo isso faz desse disco uma obra prima. Joel Little como produtor se mostrou magnífico e espero que eles continuem trabalhando juntos. E umaLorde é um gênio. O fato é que ela escreveu essas músicas com 15/16, e mostrou mais maturidade que muitos compositores 10 ou 15 anos mais velhos que ela. As metáforas, o jeito nada meloso ou clichê de retratar o amor, mostra o quão madura ela é. Tudo isso faz desse disco uma obra prima. Joel Little como produtor se mostrou magnífico e espero que eles continuem trabalhando juntos. E uma coisa que poucos percebem é que o disco começa com a frase "Você não acha chato o jeito que essas pessoas falam?" e a última frase dita, na última canção, é: "Deixe que falem." É tudo muito inteligente. Um trabalho impecável! Expand
  50. Aug 26, 2014
    This is so good, i can't believe she's so young. She deserves all the success of the world. I can't stop listening to her. Pure heroine equals to pure and obviously amazing music.
  51. Sep 8, 2014
    Lorde is an amazing artist. She will a have a great and big future. She is THE new voice of the new generation. It's crazy how much she is intelligent and mature in her creations.
  52. Sep 22, 2014
    Perfeito, é o que eu posso dizer sobre Pure Heroine, belas composições e bela sonoridade. É íncrivel como Ella e Joel Little produziram todo esse trabalho sozinhos, e ainda compuseram. É com certeza um dos melhores de 2013, espero que Lorde continue assim.
  53. May 2, 2015
    This álbum é maravilhoso socorro rainha arrasou pisou na alana could never quem é essa one hit da lana? pelo menos você é a rainha voê adora pisar na lana vaca rey né? te adoro em convida para um café com o lú te adoro beijo de broa de fubá
  54. May 4, 2015
    ocalists in popular music, but Lorde is easily the most vocally striking and lyrically thought-provoking. Pure Heroine is honest and addictive. amoooooo

1. Feb 4, 2014
    It’s the music here, not the sharp-toothed lyricism, which sets the record so far apart from the rest of the field.
  2. Nov 22, 2013
    It isn't perfect but it adds up to an intimidatingly assured opening shot from a major new talent. [Dec 2013, p.108]
  3. Nov 1, 2013
    Whilst Lorde’s world creates its own incredibly distinctive atmosphere, it feels accessible and open to maturing.