Queen of Denmark - John Grant
8.9

Review this album

1. Apr 13, 2012
    Arguably the greatest indie album of 2011. Each track exudes sensitivity paired with a dose of black humour. Also, if you like Grant you should check Midlake, the guys who helped him make this album.
  2. Mar 16, 2013
    I am soo glad I stumbled over this artists (via the film "Weekend"). This is an amzing subtle, beautiful album with music and singing that will enter your soul just as the deep lyrics will inspire you. Thank god for John Grant.
  3. Mar 25, 2013
    Probably the best album of 2011,it received huge amount of positive reviews which unfortunately can't be seen here on Metacritic-the same thing is happening now with his new album Pale Green Ghosts,hope someone will fix this John Grant issue soon.
  4. Jun 25, 2012
    Absolutely fantastic album. Grant and Midlake have crafted a real work of art here: every track is excellent. Sounds like a folksier Bowie with great piano/symphonic backing. "I Wanna Go to Marz" is the highlight, but "JC Hates Faggots" is a masterpiece of anger and retribution.
  5. Aug 13, 2014
    I have to say of all the albums that I own and love, I haven't a single one I don't love in a way such as this. Queen of Denmark is a wise, funny, daring, sad and subtle album that though influences may be visible here and there (as of many albums there is of course), it feels like music of its own. I recommend fans of this album if they haven't done so already to buy the bonus tracks, because although they're a little different, and sometimes a little too weirdly so, there is the song What Time? which is an absolute stunner. Expand

There are no critic reviews yet.