Stronger - Kelly Clarkson
7.6

Review this album

1. Aug 30, 2013
    Continuing her progression from individual to manufactured pop artist, Clarkson sheds almost all emotion and control in her second consecutive album to eliminate her personality. Marketed best as the pop-friendly stepsister of P!nk, Stronger has elements of her previous self, sacrificed and diced into fragments of could-have-beens. Tracks such as Dark Side attempt to imitate her Breakaway/My December hybridization. While Einstein and What Doesn't Kill You follows said formula with the aforementioned, married to her debut sound on Thankful. Once again we're suffered to be alienated from Clarkson's powerful vocals, and forced to bear through shrills and shrieks that pollute the album. If this album is an allusion to Clarkson becoming Stronger, than I suspect her next album will allow zero creative control from Clarkson, and consist of more chart fodder, with lyrics akin to a Katy Perry reject. Expand
  2. Jan 26, 2013
    After listening the album I prefer to add to my play list: 1.Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) 2.You Love Me 3.Einstein 4.Hello 5.Let Me Down

Favorite track: You Love Me

Score: Fair 6/10
  3. Jun 1, 2012
    Her Smarter Album..
    Still Lacks Any Unique Sound Whatsoever
    The Singles Off The Album Are Great Though
    Her Best Album But Not Great...
  4. May 26, 2012
    This album really showcased her great voice. But some of the tracks are bland and boring. "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" and "Mr. Know It All" are the highlights of the album. A solid album of hers, overall, but its not her best.........
  5. Mar 30, 2012
    WOW! I was NOT expecting this album to be so OUTSTANDING! I really am moved with the songs that are in here and I hope there is going to be more albums out that are going to be AMAZING like this one!!!
  6. Mar 19, 2012
    Kelly returns with a mature-sounding album whilst still maintaining her fun anthemic element. The album has aspects of "classic pop rock Kelly" such as Let Me Down, mixed with amazing dance-anthems such as Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You). Highlights include the haunting and explosive Dark Side and the sassy Mr Know It All. Fans will not be disappointed! Grammy worthy and one of the best albums released in 2011. A MUST LISTEN for all. Expand
  7. Feb 25, 2012
    Kelly has outdone herself in this album. A strong comeback into the music industry. "What Doesn't Kill You (stronger)" is definitely the highlight of the album. Strongly recommended for Kelly fans or just someone trying to kill time in general.
  8. Feb 15, 2012
    Kelly solidifies her place as the power anthem queen with her 5th studio Album. She really shows off her powerhouse voice on tracks like "Honestly" and "War Is Over". It's very radio friendly without falling into the dance pop trend but the rock elements from her first 3 albums are less apparent here. This may well be her last album with RCA and it's clear she hasn't poured as much of herself into it than "My December" it will possibly be the last "POP" album she does. Expand
  9. Feb 15, 2012
    what doesn't kill u ---- best track from this album! She's getting to be more better, and she hit #1 with this awesome song AGAIN!!!!! she really rocks with the singing and i think you guys will really enjoy it if you still haven't heard it!
  10. Feb 8, 2012
    Unoriginal and unflavoured pop music. Sure, she is a good singer, but is her music good, does it inspire people? No. There's no charisma or personality.
  11. Nov 21, 2011
    What a great album, Kelly delivers vocally when she needs and i see a lot of hits in here but without losing the quality. I can't even give any highlight because all of album (including the bonus tracks) are great.
  12. Nov 17, 2011
    This album starts off great with the first two songs, Mr. Know It All and What Doesn't Kill You, but after that the album becomes very hit or miss. It's not a bad album by any means but Breakaway was a far better album than this. I'd recommend this is you are a Clarkson fan but otherwise just download the first two songs and don't bother with too many of the rest.
  13. Nov 5, 2011
    By far my favorite album from Kelly Clarkson. I completely disagree with that tin eared elitist, Pop music hater from The Independent, Andy Gill. From his description of the music contained on the album it's quite obvious that he didn't even listen to it. It's full of Pop/rock with a SLIGHT dash of R&B on 2 POP songs, not what he described as " an overlong string of standard putdown R&B and bogus emotional turmoil, the songs blitzed with generic power-ballad overkill."
    It is NOT an R&B album AT ALL and there are no power-ballads on the album. He's an ass that brought this score down and should never be allowed to rate or review any other Pop albums ever again.
  14. Nov 5, 2011
    wasn't expecting nothing more than a boring album but when i listened the whole album (including the bonus tracks) i'm really shocked for the perfection of the album, one of the best efforts this year...so far...!!! i'm still thinking that Ms. Clarkson deserve more recognition!! this is a perfect pop album, vocally she is in her best moment...seriously a great production and amazing vocally!!! her best album since Breakaway!!! Expand
  15. Nov 5, 2011
    This album has a more balanced feel than her previous albums. It has more rnb tracks than a usual Kelly Clarkson album would have but Kelly nails them because of her soulful voice. My favorites are I forgive you and you can't win make no mistake this is an album that is worth it
  16. Nov 3, 2011
    A solid fifth release from Clarkson sees her jamming to some pretty hot electro-pop-rock hybrids which hit the nail on the head. A few tunes took a while to grow on me, but that is the same with most albums. Some highlights include Dark Side, Hello and the bonus track Don't Be A Girl About It. Clarkson's voice is second to none, and her balladry is as powerful as ever. I can only recommend this release to everyone and anyone. Expand
  17. Oct 27, 2011
    Kelly Clarkson shows in this album what she has been lacking in previous albums and that is a grown-up additional. All her past albums have been to lead on the more pop side of music and this album is where she is trying to set herself apart from the other garbage we hear today.
  18. Oct 27, 2011
    Potent pop throughout, Stronger delivers variety, emotion, slick production and most of, stands as yet another testament of Kelly Clarkson's vocal chops being the best in the business.
  19. Oct 26, 2011
    Kelly Clarkson is back and with a very entertaining album. When songs start to stick in my head and I hum and sing along, I think it is a very good album. Strong lyrics, and well written, Kelly, with her very strong voice, produces hit after hit, with her witty "in your face" lyrics, like Einstein and You Can't Win. My favorite track is Honestly, deep and strong lyrics, with her awesome voice, it is going to be a big hit! Awesome album, one of my favorites! Expand
  20. Oct 25, 2011
    Kelly clarkson has a great voice, but the album is a bit boring and repetitive.It has some great hooks, but the songs just aren't there!In almost every song there's the same tonicity and it lacks the musical variety of her previous album.I was expecting a more fun and loud album, the way Breakaway was, before listening to Mr.know it all, but what's with all these ballads (seems the Adele success affected her too).My favourite-What doesn't kill you(stronger),You can't win and Don't you wanna stay(Deluxe). Expand
  21. Oct 24, 2011
    Honestly one of the best she has come out with in awhile, much better then her previous album. Congrats Kelly I hope you can get a good 80 score on here.
  22. Oct 24, 2011
    The album is good, but it's also more of the same. "I Forgive You" has the exact same percussion as "Since U Been Gone," while "Standing in Front of You" is virtually identical to "Already Gone." That being said, Kelly's voice just keeps getting better, and if the formula ain't broke, don't fix it. Still -- I think she could get away with experimenting a little more. The album doesn't feel like an advancement in any respect. Expand
  23. Oct 24, 2011
    What a boring collection of bland, generic, and sleepy pop music. There's no diversity whatsoever and the entire album sounds like one long, dragging song. Everything sounds the same. Only song that is probably tolerable is "Mr. Know It All," which also is kind of bland and typical Kelly Clarkson. Overall very disappointed. Seems like she'll never top "Breakaway"
  24. Oct 24, 2011
    Exactly what I expected and more, this is Clarkson's best to date. My personal favorite out of the gate is "Let Me Down," which seemed to fly under the radar with other fans.
  25. Oct 24, 2011
    Kelly Clarkson's new album is by far her best album to date. it is mixed between Breakaway and My December. in this album, all her song is consider singles-worthy. I LOVE KELLY CLARKSON and I LOVE THIS ALBUM!!!

1. Nov 17, 2011
    On her fifth album she mercifully avoids the monotonous dance-pop trend in favour of a timeless pop-rock sound that occasionally flirts with the dance floor.
  2. Nov 1, 2011
    The album suffers from a heavily produced electro-sheen, and ends up feeling more manufactured than magical.
  3. Oct 28, 2011
    So while Stronger has its redeeming moments, they mostly come when Clarkson does what she is renowned for doing and has already done better. It is a little too heavy on the balladry and serious tones, which are the same things that doomed her other two slightly lesser received albums.