6.2

Review this album

1. Nov 21, 2011
    Rihanna's sixth album in six years. Impressive! And she still has that something. With this album, she will surely confirm her spot in the top of the music industry. As for the album, it has a similar "Loud" concept, with a few club bangers, heartbreaking ballads and R&B songs.
    The strongest songs are, in my opinion Where Have You Been, a song that is definitely going to be a bigger
    success than We Found Love and maybe, but just maybe, Umbrella. Another very good song is Drunk On Love, a great mid-tempo song that shows the power of her vocal. As for the singles, I think that she could've chosen another song to be second single, but the choice was obvious, trying to repeat the success of What's my Name. Of course, there are some shockers, that are no shockers when we hear them on Rihanna album. Song **** is, I must say, one of the weakest from the album. Another very playful and dirty "song" is Birthday Cake, which would've been great for a urban single if it wasn't long for less than 80 seconds. Overall, it's a good album that will keep your attention until she releases a new one, and that could be very, very soon. Expand
  2. Nov 21, 2011
    After last year's disappointing Loud, my hopes for this album weren't very high. But this has a lot of catchy and great pop tunes - even if some of them sound like retreads of earlier hits. Not as good as Rated R, but still impressive.
  3. Nov 21, 2011
    i love Rihanna seriously but her new album seems unfinished and unoriginal!! a very bad production with poor lyrics, a few tracks are good like Drunk On Love, You Da One and maybe Farewell (it's too basic)! unnecessary album!!! this is so disappointing! but i still love her!
  4. Nov 21, 2011
    There is no Doubt that she rushed this album, having her world tour and all, made the outcome of it her worst album out of the six. with little if any originality to it , Think of this album as a ''Rated R Part 2 '' :/ ''Loud'' and ''Good girl gone bad'' will always be the best :)
  5. Dec 3, 2011
    The album is flawless. Perfect pop in a climate when singles artists can't deliver a solid album. While Keri Hilson, Ciara, and Beyonce struggle, Rihanna delivers great singles and amazing album tracks for her fans. The album is easily her best
  6. Nov 21, 2011
    Talk That Talk just shows how Rihanna has matured over her music career . She seems to have more control to her voice and that something special that keeps her fans coming back for more . This is WAY more better than LOUD as it is more consistent and not all over the place . It kind of picks up from Rated R but is raunchier and louder . There are loads of hits on this album such as Where Have You Been , Talk That Talk and Roc Me Out . The ballads are beautiful , especially 'Farewell' which has this smokiness quality about it which you just cant explain! There is really not much to hate about this album and it is really a big improvement from LOUD. I really recommend this album and the deluxe version too which has probably one of her best songs done 'Fool In Love'. Expand
  7. Nov 21, 2011
    I Listened to this album with no expectations whatsoever and i was actually surprised. The album might be dirty and all but it also has a soft side , the ballads were beautiful songs , especially 'We All Want Love' & 'Farewell'. It was also nice to see that she did not have a lot of collaborations this time and decided to sing on her own but for the collabs she definitely picked the best going with Jay-z , his verse on 'Talk That Talk' is sick!
    Probably best pop album of the year.
  8. Nov 22, 2011
    The new Queen of Pop Music (at the moment) seems to be repeating herself. When Rihanna showed her darker side on Good Girl Gone Bad, Rated R, and Loud, it was genuinely intriguing and captivating. This was where the superstar in her always lay. Those three albums were very enjoyable with Rihanna really maturing and knowing how to make every single track sound like a hit. Talk That Talk on the other hand, seems rushed and unfinished and most of all, repetitive. Sure you got the occasional shocks like "Suck my **** and lick my persuasion" (pronounced puss-asion) but nothing as gripping as "Man Down" or "S&M". Highlights exist (the return to classic Rihanna title track and "We All Want Love") but nothing that is certified hit status. Instead of an album made with effort yet still balancing pop sensibilities, fans get probably her weakest record. Being a prolific artist isn't everything if efficiency does not equate to consistency. Maybe the Queen needs a little vacation. Expand
  9. Dec 3, 2011
    The Album Is A Stone Winner. A Flawless Smash. Start To Finish All the Songs Are Cohesive and Brilliant. Unlike Her Contemporaries, Rihanna Is In The Legendary Lane! Can't Wait For The Next Album!
  10. Nov 21, 2011
    I love this album, sounds like its was really what she wanted to make and not what asomeone was tellin her to do, I love the album, Rih, love every Track.
  11. Nov 21, 2011
    I love this album. Next to Adele with my fav. Pop albums of the year. The standout tracks are "You Da One", "Cockiness (Love It)", "Birthday Cake", "We All Want Love" and "Watch n Learn"
  12. Nov 21, 2011
    talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk talk that talk Expand
  13. Dec 3, 2011
    This album is one of Rihanna's best. It has so many genres it explodes in your face. TALK THAT TALK BABY. It's a great cd from start to finish. Lots of uptempos and slow songs. Great great great!
  14. Nov 21, 2011
    Loud was one of my favourite albums of 2010. It had alot of catchy songs, great beats and had very high production values. Not a perfect album, but it was alot of fun. Now just a mere one year later after Loud came out, Rihanna was desperately trying to recreate the success of her last album, but pretty much it failed on many counts. Talk That Talk has taking out alot of the fun from Loud and simply just throwed it out the window with alot of terrible repetitive lyrics and recycled material from her previous releases, you can't help but feel that this album is nothing more than a rushed, cashed-in product. While Loud did had sexual lyrics, I didn't really mind it on that album and it's offensive in a fun way but Talk That Talk is simply offensive. The sexual tone is forced, the lyrics are repetitive on alot of the songs, and it sounds too similar to her previous releases. There are still some good songs on the album believe it or not. My favourites are the self-titled track with Jay-Z, We All Want Love, Drunk on Love, Do Ya Thang, and Calvin Harris Extended Mix of We Found Love. You Da One, Where Have You Been and We Found Love (Original) are alright but nothing special. Rihanna's vocal performance is a hit and miss affair. Some songs she gives really good vocals but on other songs on the album I felt like she wasn't even trying. The worst songs on the album are the ones that are either offensive, boring or forgettable. **** (I Love It), Birthday Cake, Watch n' Learn and Red Lipstick are just sex songs that'll make you feel dirty just by listening to them, Roc Me Out sounds too much like Rude Boy, and Farewell and Fool in Love are the emotional songs that you have heard from her so many times before and its now gone old. Overall Talk That Talk is a mixed bag. While there are still some highlights, the album is a huge downgrade compare to her previous albums. I wouldn't be surprised if she does another album next year. I know this sounds cheesy but I'm gonna say it anyway: She can't really "Talk the Talk", so she mind as well "Walk the Walk". 2.5 stars out of 5 Expand
  15. Nov 21, 2011
    One of my most anticipated pop albums of this year... Unfortunately I was left disappointed. There's no artistic growth. The songs sound unfinished and rushed. There's no song that blow you away... Really disappointed with this!
  16. Nov 21, 2011
    "Talk That Talk" seems like it is an EP rather than an album. It's too short and it sounds very unfinished. It's a very safe record by Rihanna with the same tired Euro dance formula and her emotionless, bland ballads.... One of the most sentimental tracks "Farewell," wants to be good, but she fail to produce the emotion to make it great. Overall a very terrible album.
  17. Dec 4, 2011
    I really liked GGGB and Loud, but this was a huge disappointment. It was rushed, derivative and lazily produced and written. It should have been called Good Girl Gone Bad 2: Rated NC-17 since it adds so little to Rihanna's tableau. So many of Rihanna's vocals are auto-tuned and many songs sound unfinished including **** (Love It) and Birthday Cake, which was half a song! The sound is the same David Guetta sound that is being done to death on the radio, and many of the slang song titles sound like she's trying to be cool. Highlights are there though, including Where Have You Been, We Found Love, We All Want Love and Drunk on Love. This album is undoubtedly rushed and a dip in standards from GGGB and Loud. Perhaps Rihanna should take a break for two or three years and take time with her next album. Expand
  18. Nov 21, 2011
    The songs on this album mix incredible lyrics with hit instrumentals, it's the perfect combination. Even better that Adele's 21, that keep in only one theme the all album. In Talk That Talk Rihanna explores a thousand of themes, a lot of feelings that the listeners can to identify with. My opinion is that no one did so perfect combination in only one album like she did. What is most unbelieveble i that this album was made in less than a year HOW COULD SHE? Simply beautiful, provocative, sexy and lovely album. Expand
  19. Apr 1, 2012
    After the masterpiece she delivered with Rated R, and a not-that-bad follow up called Loud, I tought Talk That Talk may be good... It is not. She seems to explore deeper the sound she devellopped in Loud, but lost the panache it had. Some songs sound like drafts (Birthday Cake). Well, I guess I'll have to wait another year to see if she understood that it is better to release a meaningful and deep album than danceable crap. Collapse
  20. Nov 21, 2011
    Rihanna is that kind of artist that goes with whatever's hot at the moment. There's no music artistry, no connection to the (awful) lyrics. Don't waste your time with this.
  21. Nov 21, 2011
    The critics are a little harsh on this one - I didn't expect them to be able to handle such strong sexual themes on a mainstream album.

The production in Talk That Talk is definitely second to none, in fact, the list of credited producers for 'Talk That Talk' possibly combine to create some star studded album credits like never seen before - from Rihanna's trademark Stargate & Ester Dean,
    to the sugary production of Dr. Luke, to the RnB staples of The Dream, to the indie productions of Alex Da Kid. As well as this, 'Talk That Talk' - in contrast to last year's Loud - is remarkably coherent. In terms of sound, Rihanna has returned to themes most prevalent on 'Good Girl Gone Bad'. It is definitely most like that album; and the resemblance is mainly due to the overload of sassy RnB Pop. Elements of Loud/Rated R do appear here though, albeit with a progressed sound (shown respectively in the Calvin Harris tracks of 'We Found Love' and 'Where Have You Been' for Loud, and on songs like 'Drunk On Love' and 'Red Lipstick' resembling the darker, understated Rated R - with production from Chase and Status, as well as genius samples from The XX). On the album's title track, the integration of Jay-Z's characteristic verse with Rihanna's infectious hooks remind us why 'Umbrella' was such a hit. Exploration into true urban sounds heard in **** (Love It)' are surprisingly successful and would surely be brilliantly received by Urban radio. And even at a length of only 1:18, 'Birthday Cake' is the sort of audacious interlude that only Rihanna could pull off.

This album may not push the boundaries of Rihanna's artistry, but it marks a brilliant return to the trademark sounds which suit her best. For sure we will be hearing releases from this LP on the radio throughout 2012.
  22. Nov 21, 2011
    I Loooove this album Cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake
  23. Nov 21, 2011
    This is her sixth album of her and not best of her. It's disappointing album. Not as good as Rated R and Loud. A few impressive but I still love Ri-Ri .. Majah!!!
  24. May 20, 2012
    If I have to review this album with 2 adjectives: cheap & overproduced. The production of "Talk that talk" has been clearly rushed since Rihanna had her world tour to accomplish. The lyrics are poor (90% per cent of the tracks talk about sex)
    The quality standard definitely went down since her last album "Loud", and musically speaking Rihanna adds up nothing original. "Where Have You Been"
    could be a disco hit but clearly has nothing to do with the rest of the album, since it's a dancehall- electronic song, while the rest has an R&B/ Reggae print.
    I admire Rihanna and her career, but this has been her worst album.
  25. Nov 21, 2011
    I was hoping for more. Maybe it will grow on me. Either way i like this album alot more than Loud. Loud was too generic to me. I think if Rihanna Grows more she will begin to mature and maybe put her all into her music. I know she worked hard on this; However, i beleive there is more room for improvement.
  26. Nov 21, 2011
    We Found Love and Farewell are really good songs, but it's all.
    It seems like you are listening to the same song again and again. The lyrics are totally fail, no feeling.
    Loud is much better.
  27. Dec 1, 2011
    Talk That Talk see's the return of Rihanna, (Cmon its only been a year since she released big hit record, Loud) Anyway, Rihanna is determined to keep shooting hits and records from her ass, so no one gets tired or bored of her. Talk That Talk isnt much the 'If you can Talk The Talk you can Walk The Walk' type the cover art gives off (although the title track does kinda give that impression.) We must say that Talk That Talk is the nastiest record from Rihanna yet, with lyrics such as 'I love it, I love it, When you eat it, Ë Expand
  28. Nov 21, 2011
    I think this one is really a STEP BACK from her other albums! You Tha One 3/5 (like it until the chorus, by the second one, i have to change the song. Whats My Name b-side) Where Have U Been 4.5/5 (the flaw: after the chorus seems like a david guetta song, rip-off of LMFAO, although the acoustic guitar save it for me) We Found Love 5/5 (mehh at first, pretty cool right now, 5 for her standards, not a 5 at all in comparison with other songs) Talk That Talk 1.5/5 (????? a jay-z track? my **** GOD. what the hell is this **** (love it) 3/5 (there's something about this song that's not right, but the guy's freaky sounds, AMAZING. catchy, but a litlle bit boring as well) Birthday Cake 1/5 (cause i can't give 0/5! and they want this **** in full. for what? to hear cake for more 2 minutes???) not edgy riri, just ****! We All Want Love 2.5/5 ( cute kinda-ballad (mid-tempo) but feel a little too dated. it seems like a song that could be in rated R. not bad, not groundbreaking, just mehh) Drunk On Love 2.5/5 (the recycled Te Amo beat with vocals with a little bit more atittude. just that. the chorus is really weak. the thing about this song, are the chants in the background of the track and that kinda bamboo-blings) Roc Me Out 3/5 (here we have another recycled beat. it's like Rude Boy and Rock Star had a child that it's cousin to Te Amo. The triple tread Rihanna, Stargate and Ester Dean, are too over-used by rihanna. this is the song that aproxes the most to S&M vocally speaking!) Watch n Learn 1.5/5 (here we go again with the island flavoured song that's 1st degree cousin to whats my name. and we've had enough of that song for the past year and a bit of this one. bad song! Farewell 4.5/5 (although u can see the similarities between this one, love the way you lie, fire bomb and another bunch of ballads of rihanna's Rated R. this one is really good, even though farewell hasnt the same strength vocally as California King Bed, it could surpace the success of the last. after a few listens it may become too flat.

Review!!! The thing is that i think Talk That Talk is the worst album by Rihanna (i'm not counting the first 2 albuns) It doesnt has the single material as Good Girl Gone Bad; "edginess" and fragility of rated r; neither the sound and yelling as Loud... and by that it's not a body of work, we can totally see that the album was made on the top of the knees, with not too much time, too much work, and storys, just a bunch of good producers. where Good Girl Gone Bad was epicness, Rated R "showed the things that she was going through"; and Loud take her to the top of the charts with songs that catapulted her to the clubs, Talk That Talk just TALKs about sex, and sex and sex and i don't know if she need desperately a man or one thousand... but u can see that this was going to be a Loud re-release, that then after plans scrapped, they try to build it around Loud with glimpses of Rated R. Certainly, Rihanna doesn't want us to forget, what sex is about and how to make it!!
  29. Nov 21, 2011
    Amazing album. There's a lot of tracks with potential to be big hits, such as Talk That Talk and Where Have You Been. Still think Rated R is her best album, but this one is great.
  30. Nov 22, 2011
    For a 6th album Talk That Talk is a solid record . It does not deserve to be getting these crappy reviews . What was it did you guys like from LOUD exactly ? The songs like 'Fade away' 'Complicated' which sounded exactly the same , or the worst collab she has ever done 'Raining Men'?

In Talk That Talk Rihanna mixes GGGB & RR to provide us with decent hits & an album with Variety from the
    uptempo 'Where Have You Been' to her soft side in 'Farewell' to her home town roots in 'Watch N' Learn' . Saying this is her worst album yet is just stupid. Expand

1. Musically, this is pop without shame‑-her hookiest and most dance-targeted album.
  2. Nov 30, 2011
    It's sure to sell on brand recognition alone, but I doubt a series of mannered and soulless hooks are going to find much life outside of the European remix circuit.
  3. Nov 29, 2011
    It's easy to criticise Talk That Talk but it's actually a fun and enjoyable record.