• Record Label: Capitol
  • Release Date: Aug 24, 2010
7.2

Review this album

1. Apr 11, 2018
    Since this album Katy became my favorite singer, it is an album in which she shows different types of contexts, the rhythms are spectacular, the videos too iconic and definitely deserved to win a grammy
  2. Jan 26, 2018
    3 pq ET é tão maravilhosa que merece, o resto é só horrível mesmo......

3. Jan 14, 2018
    This is the best of Katy Perry! This songs are original and have a huge personality
  4. Jan 9, 2018
    album que marco el pop simplemente con 5 canciones se puede notar, habla de una Katy inmadura pero apasionada y habla sobre su sueño adolescente.
  5. Dec 24, 2017
    Good pop album full of hits, not Katy's best but still good. I really like ballads.
  6. Nov 17, 2017
    Katy's best album so far. There are several songs in this album are No.1 material. This album is a great example of a pop album.
    Teenage Dream 8.5/10
    Pearl 7/10
    Hummingbird Heartbeat 7/10
    Not Like The Movies 6.5/10
  7. Nov 10, 2017
    What an immature album oh my god people actually like this hahahaha. Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad
  8. Nov 10, 2017
    Teenage Dream marked the peak of Katy Perry's ever so fast falling career. This album wasn't meant to be amazing it was meant to create big hits like California Girls and Firework. It didn't have a strong meaning it just had a fun meaning and sometimes we need those kinds of albums.
  9. Sep 24, 2017
    muito bom, amrcos o pop por varios anos e será lembrado no futuro. varios hits contagiantes e bons, alem da videografia muito boa. Gosto da maioria das musicas.
  10. Aug 8, 2017
    It's not that much quality album, BUT "Teenage Dreams" defined 2010s and pop music overall. A fact that album's 5 songs hits #1 at Billboard, tells everything. People just love this album. "Firwork" is a type of the song that will be sung 15 years from now, and "California Gurls" is ultimate summer song. Perfect pop album.
  11. Jul 18, 2017
    it was okay........................................................................................................................................................................
  12. Jun 22, 2017
    This is the ULTIMATE pop album. This is truly the definition of a pop album. It has fun catchy songs, silly lyrics and powerful messages all wrapped into 12 tracks. This truly is a genre defining album, 7 years later. Gems include Firework, Who Am I Living For, California Gurls and Teenage Dream. All these stand out tracks give Perry her name and this album shot her into success.
  13. Jun 16, 2017
    Aun no entiendo como sus fans retrasados llaman a esto "biblia del pop" cuando no tuvo nada innovador. Es el típico pop cliché, ritmos genéricos y letras simples y sin sentidos.
  14. Jun 16, 2017
    terrible. terrible.terrible.terrible.terrible.terrible.terrible.terrible.terrible.terrible.terrible.terrible.terrible.terrible.terrible.terrible.terrible.terrible.
  15. Jun 15, 2017
    The contrast between the good written ballas like Pearl, Who Am I Living For and Hummingbird Heartbeat and the dull songs like California Girls and Peacock are the chemistry that make this album so love it or hate it. But for an immature audience, this album fits very well.
  16. Jun 12, 2017
    Amoooo esse álbum, muito bom , muito bem feito, muito bem elaborado, cheio de hits, adorei mesmo, comprei e não me arrependo de jeito nenhum
    , A crítica n conhece a Katy
  17. Jun 10, 2017
    Eu amo muito esse álbum. Ele é um álbum tão alegre, tão doce que isso contagia, isso é muito divertido. Firework e The One That Got Away(acústica) são minhas faixas favoritas. É inspirador.
  18. Jun 9, 2017
    this album is pure pop perfection. it gives you joyful, youthful vibes. all the singles were so well chosen and the album is full of bops and good ballads. i mean, it sold +10 million copies wordwide for a reason. the whole teenage dream Era was iconic, since de single songs, the whole album, the videos, the tour, the visuals... oh god i was LIVING
  19. Jun 9, 2017
    Los singles fueron bien elegidos, porque las canciones que no lo fueron simplememte no estan a la talla de las que si, este álbum se merecía por mucho el Grammy a Album Pop Vocal.
  20. Jun 9, 2017
    This is actually a garbage, Katy always gave us the same plastic pop, she should to took over her musician career. Just The one the Got Away is the most passed out from them
  21. Jun 9, 2017
    If you want a great pop dance album with hits that you can sing and dance, this is the perfect to do. Iconic songs, smart lyrics and great beats. Katy knows how to make songs to a party and a hot summer.
  22. Jun 8, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pop youthful disc of the best quality. There are contained all the colors and nuances to which young people pass. The desire for first love. The disappointment of lost love. The exaltation of the libido the flower of the skin. Disco made to please mainly teens and this is not no regret, but an exaltation at such a complex age that we all pass. Expand
  23. Jun 8, 2017
    Teenage dream é o melhor album para mim,suas musicas sao cativantes e inesqueciveis, com certeza é um album que ficara para historia, amo demais e defenderei sempre.
  24. Jun 8, 2017
    Un gran álbum con buenas letras, sonidos nuevos y hits grandes. Lo mejor que le pudo haber pasado al pop. Sin duda con este álbum Katy será la futura reina del pop.
  25. Jun 8, 2017
    Time proved this is going down as a classic pop album. There's a whole pop perfection vibe to this record. You feel young listening to it. Katy's proved that mainstream pop music can be extraordinarily satisfying and the lyrics don't need to be shallow all the time.
  26. Jun 7, 2017
    La biblia del pop. Álbum lleno de hits, lleno de emoción. No por nada hizo historia en la música.
    Destaques: Firework, Teenage Dream, E.T. y California Gurls.
  27. Jun 7, 2017
    KATY É KATY NÉ MORE? PRIMEIRO QUE A BIXA ARRASA / SEGUNDO QUE A BIXA FECHA.. ACEITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MORE! SE FICAR PUTA É PIOOR. PORQUE RAINHA FAZ ASSIM
  28. Jun 7, 2017
    This album is that album that you can be sad comno for but it puts you up it leaves you joyful and radiant I love this album and it helped me a lot in the times difficult
  29. Jun 4, 2017
    I think this is the best album of our century! Katy made perfect record, great job! And i just wanna remind you, that this is the only female album that has FIVE #1 on the Hot 100! Katy gave the world wonderful songs, no comments more, just listen it.
  30. May 18, 2017
    Semejante cagada podría hacer Katy Mierdy, asco total, me vomité y se me salió la diarrea de tanta cerilla que me causó escuchar esta porquería sidosa, intento suicidarme cada vez que veo su portada cagona, mierdísima sidaty, que asco quien compre y escuche esta cagada, realmente no tienen oídos
  31. May 12, 2017
    melhor album da Katy Perry, simplesmente perfeito, não sei como os criticos ignoraram esse hinario, tem otimas musicas, melhores musicas: Hummingbird Heart, Pearl, Who I Am Living For
    Piores: Peacock, Last Firday Night
  32. Apr 18, 2017
    Is perfect ! Hit atrás de Hit ! O álbum pode ser considerado uma bíblia do pop , com grandes musicas e grandes composições . foram os 50 minutos mais ajudatados da minha vida ! "Califórnia Gurl" , "E.T" todos eles são musicas extraodinaria .
  33. Feb 15, 2017
    This album is nothing more than plastic pop full of glitter, colored ribbons, candy stuck and an irritating infantile attitude for someone who should mature.

For something Prism can be considered his "Best Work" although it is more of the same, only without pink glitter. It's not bad, but their songs are too Pop chicle and cheap just because that's what people like this album. Just

It's not bad, but their songs are too Pop chicle and cheap just because that's what people like this album. Just because it's easy to chew like a chewing gum and let's be honest. Who does not like chewing gum?
  34. Dec 26, 2016
    Best, most iconic album ever released in the last 10 years. This is the album that made Katy Perry the queen of pop. Too bad it's also one of the most snubbed albums ever. Grammys neglected this album, low critic scores for some reason, ...
    Well the 5 #1 tell us something different. Everybody know at least 3 songs from the album.
    I feel like Katy is the only artist to make a song like
    I feel like Katy is the only artist to make a song like Peacock and make it the most selling non-single released since 2010. Every song is a potential hit, like Circle The Drain and Who Am I Living For? would also be hits.

BEST TRACKS: E.T., The One That Got Away, Who Am I Living For?
    WORST TRACKS: none, I literally liked every song on this album.
  35. Dec 19, 2016
    By far, this is the best pop album ever! I mean how can it not be, it has five number ones! Who cares about art, just make the subject matter about sex, fart jokes, and such nonsense. Forget about progressive music structures, just make the most generic melodies ever. And if all else fails...just bribe major radio station companies to play your stupid songs! I recommend having loads ofBy far, this is the best pop album ever! I mean how can it not be, it has five number ones! Who cares about art, just make the subject matter about sex, fart jokes, and such nonsense. Forget about progressive music structures, just make the most generic melodies ever. And if all else fails...just bribe major radio station companies to play your stupid songs! I recommend having loads of money for that to happen, though, because it will lead you to have several number ones on Billboard. Corporate is cool.

Why be able to sing, when you can just fill your stage with candy? Why write about homelessness, AIDS, stress, or the aftermath of war when you can write about peacocks and fireworks? Why have Tom Hanks or even Charlie Sheen when you can have Rebecca Black? Why not obtain breast implants if that's how people will be attracted to your music? Why not be as stupid and anti-intellectual as possible?

Okay, but take note that Katy Perry hasn't broken any chart records in UK, Germany, France, Switzerland, etc. Other countries do not allow payola/radio airplay to be taken account in their charts.
  36. Nov 21, 2016
    A significant improvement over One Of the Boys. Including two great tracks, Teenage Dream and TOTGA, and some good ones (E.T. Wide Wake), it's a very fun record
  37. Nov 3, 2016
    Not every artist creates a masterpiece. Katy made it with only a few songs, making this album, one of the most pleasant and memorable of the decade.
    perfect sound, harmonious notes, unforgettable melodies. Apart from an impeccable production
  38. Oct 30, 2016
    Um álbum que trás felicidade, com muitos hinos, musica de superação, musica que traz realidade...
    Os #1 vieram como consequência do sucesso das faixas.
    Teenage Dream é o melhor álbum da Katy e não por ser comercial, e sim transparecer e passar emoção, fragilidade, felicidade e melancolia em suas faixas.
  39. Oct 22, 2016
    10 – Pearl 2/5
    11 – Hummingbird Heartbeat 3/5
    12 – Not Like The Movies 3/5
  40. Oct 14, 2016
    O álbum é glorioso, tem uma pegada bem pop, seus hits são bem dançantes além de ser um Album para todas as idades, e ser um dos melhores álbuns do ano!
  41. Oct 12, 2016
    Teenage Dream es un álbum perfectamente direccionado, es pop en su estado más puro, aunque digan que tienen varios cliché, la verdad es muy bueno para ser memorable por mucho tiempo, con grandes canciones como Circle the Drain (la cúal tiene un sonido algo rock, para ser un disco pop), Pearl una electrónica muy enblemática, Firework y The One That Got Away donde la artista nos da y grandesTeenage Dream es un álbum perfectamente direccionado, es pop en su estado más puro, aunque digan que tienen varios cliché, la verdad es muy bueno para ser memorable por mucho tiempo, con grandes canciones como Circle the Drain (la cúal tiene un sonido algo rock, para ser un disco pop), Pearl una electrónica muy enblemática, Firework y The One That Got Away donde la artista nos da y grandes interpretaciones vocales. y canciones divertidas y ritmicas, como California Gurls, LFN , entre otros lo hacen un disco entretenido y digno de ser escuchado. Expand
  42. Sep 5, 2016
    Nothing to say, the album with a spotlight, first and only female with that award, only shared with mj. 5 #1 hits like firework, california gurls (best summer song of all time by billboard) totga, et... 3 DIAMOND sale singles, good lyrics... the definition of WHAT POP IS. one of the bibles of pop. even the videos are good. Firework also deserved a grammy... My favourite album and itsNothing to say, the album with a spotlight, first and only female with that award, only shared with mj. 5 #1 hits like firework, california gurls (best summer song of all time by billboard) totga, et... 3 DIAMOND sale singles, good lyrics... the definition of WHAT POP IS. one of the bibles of pop. even the videos are good. Firework also deserved a grammy... My favourite album and its still on bb hot 200 even after 6 years. plus it's still the inspiration for new singers. Well done Katy. still don't get the **** score. Expand
  43. Sep 2, 2016
    Esse album é realmente muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitoo bom
  44. Jul 23, 2016
    This album may only have a 52 on Metacritic now, but just wait... in 20 years when all the retrospective reviews come out, every publication will be raving about how Teenage Dream was such a landmark album in pop history. I'll admit, even I dismissed this album as pop garbage when I first heard it (or really, when I heard the singles being played over and over again on the radio), but asThis album may only have a 52 on Metacritic now, but just wait... in 20 years when all the retrospective reviews come out, every publication will be raving about how Teenage Dream was such a landmark album in pop history. I'll admit, even I dismissed this album as pop garbage when I first heard it (or really, when I heard the singles being played over and over again on the radio), but as time wears on, I've come to realize that this album is actually pretty damn amazing. Sure, it's immature, silly, and over-the-top, but it's also ridiculously fun. It doesn't try to be anything more than a guilty pop pleasure, and that's exactly why it's one of the most nearly perfect pop albums I've ever heard.

I don't normally write track-by-track reviews, but since this album holds a special place in my heart, I'll go right ahead...

1. Teenage Dream - The perfect album opener. Simple, yet effective. It's really just an all around great song.
    2. Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) - Probably my favorite single and favorite music video from the album. It's a fun song with silly lyrics, and I love the syncopated guitar rhythms in the background.
    3. California Gurls - Another solid pop song, and definitely one of the funnest songs on the album.
    4. Firework - I feel like this song got overplayed a lot, so I'm kind of tired of hearing it, but I'll admit it's still a good song. It's empowering and emotional, and the slight change in the chord progression for the bridge sometimes makes my lower lip tremble.
    5. Peacock - The lyrics are so ridiculous and stupid that they're actually kind of amazing. This is another super fun track, and I always sing it for karaoke.
    6. Circle the Drain - An extremely underrated song, and my favorite track on the album. It's edgy and emotional, and I especially love that the chorus has kind of an unusual chord progression (for a pop song).
    7. The One That Got Away - Bittersweet and sentimental. This song can definitely bring a tear to my eye if I'm in the right mood.
    8. E.T. - This song has a different, darker sound from the other tracks, but it's cool and kind of futuristic. Another solid single.
    9. Who Am I Living For? - Certainly not the most memorable song on the album, but it's actually pretty decent. It's a slow-burner with a nice production and melody. I think the only reason this track doesn't stand out as much is because the other songs are so hook-oriented, but it's still a good song on its own and showcases a more mature side of Katy.
    10. Pearl - Another bittersweet song that's actually really pretty. This is also one of those rare songs where the verse is better than the chorus.
    11. Hummingbird Heartbeat - After five songs that are a bit darker, this is a fun, summery song that is honestly one of the best tracks on the album.
    12. Not Like The Movies - Personally, this is my least favorite track on the album, but it's still a cute ballad that sticks with the theme and wraps up the album nicely. And I will admit the drums on the second verse are a nice touch.

And just for the hell of it, I'll include the bonus tracks that were released on The Complete Confection. I know they're technically not part of the album as it appears here on Metacritic, but they're good enough that I might as well.

14. Part of Me - Yet another solid, catchy pop song. Definitely one of her better singles.
    15. Wide Awake - Again, this one has been overplayed a lot, but it's still a nice song and has a good melody.
    16. Dressin' Up - A surprisingly good song for being tucked away at the end of the reissue. It's fun and energetic, and the lyrics are actually pretty clever.

So there you have it. A fantastic album that will certainly be remembered as one of the most important pop albums ever. Every song stands well on its own and has a unique personality. It's consistent and enjoyable from start to finish, and it's no accident this album tied with Bad for most #1 singles from an album. I'll admit, Teenage Dream is not without its flaws, but it reaches such amazing heights of pop perfection that I'll give it a 9.5 and round up to a 10. And I don't give those out willy-nilly.
  45. Jul 12, 2016
    Pop music right now is pure offspring of this album. I know when Teenage Dream came out to the people, a lot of people said... She's so bad, she hasn't talent enough to be a super star. And right now she's got the eye on the fire as a tiger! I think right now the critic was so rude with Katy but nothing to do with the ignorance of others.
  46. May 10, 2016
    'Teenage Dream' is an amazing album full with hits like, "California Gurls", "Teenage Dream", "Firework", "E.T.", "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)", etc. It's a very upbeat album and different. It's an iconic era!!!
  47. May 4, 2016
    A pop record filled with danceable beats, excellent production and stunning vocals. Yet, Katy Perry has long way to go. "Wide Awake" and "Circle The Drain" are gems. You cannot take this album lightely. It has produced 5 Billboard chart toppers and its singles along with the album earned Perry seven Grammy Award nominations including Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album , and Record of the Year
  48. May 3, 2016
    é um álbum em que ela parece está mais evoluída que o anterior, adaptando-se a vários gostos por sua variedade de estilos indo de musicas mais animadas como California Gurls, Peacock e Last
    Friday Night, eletrizantes como Part of Me e E.T, inpiadoras como Firework e Teenage Dream e mais calmas como Not Like The Movies
  49. Apr 25, 2016
    MOST ICONIC POP ALBUM FROM 10's CENTURY! All the songs of this classic album made by Perrry's became a hit. Powerful lyrics and melodys, different of any other pop album!
  50. Feb 27, 2016
    3/10 - "With music as rigidly formulaic as this, no wonder the teens in her songs want to party until they blank out" - Chicago Tribune.

I like hearing Katy's singles on the radio when I'm in the car but I really don't think I could ever listen to this album from start to finish again.
  51. IGa
    Jan 30, 2016
    Again, Katy Perry presents us with another album full of fun. It is noticeable that the purpose here is not innovation and everything the album shows is a great bond with traditional pop music, no derivations. As much as many consider this as a negative point, as a traditional work, the album managed to give their best. When a singer creates an innovative and different album, it isAgain, Katy Perry presents us with another album full of fun. It is noticeable that the purpose here is not innovation and everything the album shows is a great bond with traditional pop music, no derivations. As much as many consider this as a negative point, as a traditional work, the album managed to give their best. When a singer creates an innovative and different album, it is considered original. But when all the singers have the same proposal, it's because it's a fad. And Katy Perry did not surrender to the demand for increasingly abstract albums and chose to create a simple, striking and fun album. Expand
  52. Jan 8, 2016
    I'm so suspect to talk about Teenage Dream because it's one of my favorite pop albuns ever. It isnt nothing that has revolutionized the music world, but we know It's one of the most successful records lately. A lot of people complain that it is beyond catchy, but this is all the teenage days are about. Everything hits you so hard when you're a teenager, speacially when you are at yourI'm so suspect to talk about Teenage Dream because it's one of my favorite pop albuns ever. It isnt nothing that has revolutionized the music world, but we know It's one of the most successful records lately. A lot of people complain that it is beyond catchy, but this is all the teenage days are about. Everything hits you so hard when you're a teenager, speacially when you are at your 14's, 15's like I was when this record came out, so I was able to felt everything Teenage Dream could offer me at that time, and always that I can I listen to it to remember the golden days haha. The lyrics are so intense, specially the "Imma get your heart racing, in my skin tight jeans...", she worked with the best producers she could work to make this record sensational and I'm proud it marked my teenage days. P.S: I just think there was no necessity to relaunch it back in 2012, the standard version is already enough and you should not retouch a masterpiece. But anyways, It was Katy decision. :) Expand
  53. Jan 8, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the best album I've heard in my life! I can't believe how Little Monsters try to make TEENAGE DREAM has a bad general score. I feel they're obsessed with her... Expand
  54. Dec 25, 2015
    Teenage Dream é o trabalho da Katy que eu menos gosto. Ele é ótimo, claro. Mas é meio subjetivo. O álbum foi o mais bem aproveitado da carreira da Katy, com 6 singles (mais dois da The Complete Confection). O vocal da Katy está ótimo no álbum, além das músicas serem ótimas também.

Pontos altos: The One That Got Away, Firework, Pearl Pontos baixos: Peacock, Circle The Drain, Last Friday

Pontos altos: The One That Got Away, Firework, Pearl
    Pontos baixos: Peacock, Circle The Drain, Last Friday Night
  55. Oct 30, 2015
    I've never understand why this albums score is so low. All songs in this album have a meaning even not a single ones. They say its forgettable but they forget their all 4 of July.
  56. Oct 16, 2015
    Melhores músicas: Teenage Dream, Last Friday Night, E.T., California Gurls, The One That Got Away, Peacock, Hummingbird Heartbeat, Firework, Part Of Me, Dressin' Up, Tommie Sunshine's Megasix Smash-Up
  57. Oct 6, 2015
    When will people understand that creating hits does not necessarily mean that the songs are good? I think Katy Perry is the perfect example for this statement. On this album, she creates 5 #1 hits on the Hot 100, drawing people to disrespectfully compare it to Bad by Michael Jackson. This is grown woman who is making music and has the lyric talent of a cliche little kid. If she wants toWhen will people understand that creating hits does not necessarily mean that the songs are good? I think Katy Perry is the perfect example for this statement. On this album, she creates 5 #1 hits on the Hot 100, drawing people to disrespectfully compare it to Bad by Michael Jackson. This is grown woman who is making music and has the lyric talent of a cliche little kid. If she wants to anything like Joni Mitchell, in terms of songwriting (which she has stated is her career goal), then she needs to stop singing about childish subjects and write something genuine. Switch it up boo.
    Best Songs:Circle the Drain, Teenage Dream & The One That Got Away
    2,8/10
  58. Sep 25, 2015
    IS an amazing album, the sounds employed on the disc are varied. Is sweet and real compared with the teenage life. still I do not understand how there are people who criticize Perry regarding sexual references made to disc if there are artists who also do so and applauded. I believe that removing the track peacock would give a better grade to album
  59. Aug 29, 2015
    This album definately has revolutionized pop music. This album is also a great mix: meaningful soulful songs like "Not Like The Movies" or "Wide Awake", Inspirational ones like "Firework", Catchy and party like "Teenage Dream", "Last Friday Night". Also her voice has improved in an impressive way in comparison with One of The Boys record. This can be demonstrate in "Who Am I Living For".This album definately has revolutionized pop music. This album is also a great mix: meaningful soulful songs like "Not Like The Movies" or "Wide Awake", Inspirational ones like "Firework", Catchy and party like "Teenage Dream", "Last Friday Night". Also her voice has improved in an impressive way in comparison with One of The Boys record. This can be demonstrate in "Who Am I Living For". Also she hits an A5 in the really end of "Dressin' Up". This album is simply a pop masterpiece. Expand
  60. Aug 28, 2015
    If you want to write ballads its OK, but if you're going to do this, then just return to party songs. It seems that she sings the first thing that comes from her mind and it's annoying that she just make songs to be on the top of charts and her fans think that this album is the best thing ever. One Of The Boys and PRISM are MUCH better.
  61. Aug 27, 2015
    This is probably the best pop album EVER MADE, full of smash hits that we all know just by listening to the radio. When you listen to this album, you find out that you know a lot of the songs, and that the other ones that you don't know are just as magical. Katy Perry is not only the biggest hit-maker of this century, but she is also very talented and resourceful.
  62. Aug 25, 2015
    This album is nothing but a big stinking pile of rubbish. I only gave it a 1 because Firework is an alright song, but my ears would bleed from the rest of the album's songs. This needs to stop.
  63. Aug 21, 2015
    Ok, I find most of the songs catchy I won't deny, but this album just feels so overdone, everything about it is so "plastic" and doesn't really show any true feeling, typical commercial piece.
  64. Aug 17, 2015
    This is a really amazing album. The lyrics are good enough and contains a mix of fun and creativity. The sounds are fresh for his time and the composition is excellent.
  65. Jul 25, 2015
    It is a good album with great songs and lyrics but the only thing that affects Perry and the fact in every one of his works, are the "Singles". Perhaps Perry is quite successful and full of #1, that's not what matters in a disc but its quality. Although it has songs enough good as "Circle The Drain", "Hummingbird Heartbeat" and the indomitable "Firework", Perry does not give much attentionIt is a good album with great songs and lyrics but the only thing that affects Perry and the fact in every one of his works, are the "Singles". Perhaps Perry is quite successful and full of #1, that's not what matters in a disc but its quality. Although it has songs enough good as "Circle The Drain", "Hummingbird Heartbeat" and the indomitable "Firework", Perry does not give much attention paid (except at Firework) and decides to only launch the World singles with mediocre lyrics and with the only purpose of the Charts in Billboard. Bad fact Katy Expand
  66. Jul 12, 2015
    Katy Perry (com toda sua doçura presente nestas faixas) conseguiu fazer um dos álbuns mais amados pelos admiradores de música POP, onde canções como California Gurls, ET, Firework, Last Friday Night e outras foram eternizadas na carreira da cantora e no cenário musical
  67. Jun 25, 2015
    Pode ser considerado o melhor álbum dela até o momento junto com o "PRISM", com canções como Teenage Dream, Hummingbird Heartbeat e Firework que cativam a cada ouvida.
  68. May 4, 2015
    Katy Perry bursts back onto the scene with her amazing second album that is full to the grim of the tongue-in-cheek atmosphere that got herkhkkjhjghjbnnnnn
  69. Apr 15, 2015
    Como alguém pode da uma nota amarela/Vermelha para essa BÍBLIA DO POP? Teenage Dream sem sombra de duvidas é o melhor álbum da Katy Perry, suas faixas são tão animadas e envolventes. Eu realmente me sinto muito bem cada vez que ouço esse CD.
  70. Feb 17, 2015
    Não é o melhor e nem o pior album da Perry. TD Foi bem organizado e criado pra vendas, não é a toa que resultou numa explosão de hits chicletes. Katy sempre se supera
  71. Dec 17, 2014
    Katy Perry no es una genio de la música, puede que la causa sea su excesivo uso de cliches a la hora de escribir e interpretar, pero en sí, el esfuerzo de Perry puede verse resaltado gracias a varias pistas que se convierten en cruciales para dejar un buen sabor en la boca, como lo es "Fireworks", "Part of Me" y "Teenage Dream".
  72. Dec 16, 2014
    Best album of Katy, is a fully commercial album? Yes. But she managed to make a nice commercial album to listen to, it's so much fun that you do not care if it has quality or not, just want to sing and dance along with Katy; a great album to listen to when alone.
    Highlights: Peacock and California Gurls
    Lows: Double Rainbow and Dark Horse
  73. Nov 13, 2014
    I have no idea about the critic reviews... every song in this album has its OWN style and story.
    Katy makes you feel like you're really having fun on a Friday night , beaches in California , shooting fireworks from your soul , losing someone so hurtful (with such a special beat, I mean "The One That Got Away" is a fast song ,compare to other sad songs) , finding true love with images of the green nature,birds in the sky , and ... living in a wild , crazy , perfect teenage dream.
  74. Oct 16, 2014
    Too mainstream but I think this album was made for consolidate Katy Perry's mark in the radio. Lyrics isn't good, the beats are better. Perry has a lot to grow up and I'll hope she does it.
  75. Sep 24, 2014
    I kinda enjoy the singles from the album, but the material as whole is just... Not quite as good as you would expect after listening to them.
    Despite being her worst album, it still has some good songs like ET and Pearl, so even it's no that good, it can still be enjoyable.
  76. Sep 23, 2014
    It's truly an iconic album from our generation. Thank Lorde that this blessed my ears after the suffering from Flop 2 Flop. Teenage Dream is a pop album for the ages.
  77. Sep 23, 2014
    omg what the he... is this mess? Is this generic music real music ? She should hire new personnal and try to be a real artist if she wanna ... She does payola for every single and thats so bad... so sad about the plastic perry girl....
  78. Sep 23, 2014
    A pop classic that will continue to stand the test of time. Each song depicts a story in which Katy Perry perfectly tells through her flair for unparalleled honest songwriting.
  79. Sep 14, 2014
    O álbum é mediano. Claro, ele tem ótimas canções,como The One That Got Away,California Gurls e Firework, mas em si não é tão bom. Se a música não for single,a maioria eu pulo. Claro que algumas não-singles tem seu brilho,como Circle The Drain. O álbum é mais aceitável quando é o "The Complete Confection"
  80. Sep 8, 2014
    Além do album ter muitos e muitos hits que renderam muitos recordes à Katy, cada música dele tem seu brilho próprio. Claro que tem seus pontos baixos, assim como todos os CDS, mas nada que atrapalhe muita coisa. Firework tem a melhor letra de todas as músicas do CD, há outras divetidas como Last Friday Night e California Gurls e outras em que Katy libera à sua raiva, em Circle The Drain,Além do album ter muitos e muitos hits que renderam muitos recordes à Katy, cada música dele tem seu brilho próprio. Claro que tem seus pontos baixos, assim como todos os CDS, mas nada que atrapalhe muita coisa. Firework tem a melhor letra de todas as músicas do CD, há outras divetidas como Last Friday Night e California Gurls e outras em que Katy libera à sua raiva, em Circle The Drain, que em minha opinião é a melhor do album. Expand
  81. Aug 26, 2014
    POP PERFECTION - FUTURE CLASSIC! Best songs: E.T., Hummingbird Heartbeat, Pearl
  82. Jun 20, 2014
    Um album que ainda traz um pouco da Katy do "One Of The Boys" e tem músicas legais como Peacock,Not Like The Movies e Who Am I Living For? mas que trás alguns "lixos" como Teenage Dream e Circle The Drain.
  83. Jan 3, 2014
    Basic but does the target. Clearly it is better than their previous work. His voice sounds more powerful, the theme of the album is different although it tends to be repetitive. Again the rhythm of the songs are in their favor. The deluxe edition of this album is also outstanding. Most recommended songs are "Teenage Dream", "Firework" and "The One That Got Away".
  84. Nov 29, 2013
    Teenage Dream (2010)

Teenage Dream (2010)

Pure pop perfection. It's quite the epitome of pop as I would envision it. It is no wonder that the Singles all did exceptionally well, with each of them reaching #1 on the US Billboard Hot 100, save for The One That Got Away, which would have made the feat if the album had not exhausted the listener's limits. Her labels choices of Singles were very spot-on as they represented the best that the album had to offer. Unfortunately, the album itself had a few tracks that limited the album's potential, such as and Pearl. They were badly-written, albeit playful, productions, that were possibly the cause of the claims that many critics chided as being juvenile. Like in her previous album, One Of The Boys, Katy stretches her potential here as well producing less pop-sounding tracks like E.T. and Circle The Drain. They give off a different feel that showcases her flexibility as a writer and singer. Overall, the album made a good impact on the general audience, thanks to the infectious sing-along tunes that came off her Singles, especially California Gurls and Firework that lastingly spanned over two whole years before she released an EP to it The Complete Confection. This album really made her shine in the midst of sheer competition from the mainstream pop industry, sealing her name as an act to continually look out for. It's also an album that I spin frequently, and will continue to do so for a very long time from now.

---
    Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection (2012)

Was an EP to the Teenage Dream album necessary? No.
    Was it worth the attempt? Yes.
    Definitely didn't regret picking up this album even though it wasn't much of an extension to the original album. This album elongates the success of her previous album by adding 3 new songs in, as well as remixes/acoustic versions of the prior Singles. The release of Part Of Me and Wide Awake puts a final stamp on the success of this album as a whole, and highlights her ability as a pop artiste. The additional songs do fit in well with the album, but it also questions the future success of Katy Perry's career and whether she is able to produce a record that is more mature and a better representation of her as a person. Even though the album sounds similar (standard tune and lyrical structure) throughout, it maintains the consistency of the record and is still an album worth listening to as a whole.

Standout Tracks: Teenage Dream, California Gurls, Firework, E.T.
  85. Nov 12, 2013
    A good pop album throughout. It has catchy songs and great beats that could be enjoyed by anyone. But this album is lacking in two things, great vocals and real instruments. Sure it has instruments in like 2 or 3 but it would be better if most of them had it. Also congratulations to Katy for tying the record of #1 singles off an album with MJ
  86. Nov 4, 2013
    I gave a 6/10. Teenage dream consists of 6 good singles( the one that got away, california gurls, teenage dream) and the rest are fillers for me. Katy although makes good single choices
    and that's a
  87. Oct 19, 2013
    I love this album! Firework is my favorite song, such an inspirational message. Teenage Dream is one of the most powerful pop song of all time. It's a fun album and there's no need to judge it only by one track, aka
  88. Oct 17, 2013
    Simply the best pop album I've ever had the opportunity to hear. Very teenage, yes, but very lively and well produced. Katy is on fire, and Prism could be as good as Teenage Dream.
  89. Oct 16, 2013
    Brief review:
    Lyrics: Clever, but need to be more developed. Still diversified, funny, and emotional (ex: California Gurls, Not Like The Movies, The One That Got Away) It is sometimes hard to connect with some of her songs.
    Brief review:
    Music: great pop, dance music, 80s vibe, you have a feeling that it is commercialized music, missing a bit of the “honesty” and “soul” that was present on her previous album.
    Best songs: Firework, Hummingbird Heartbeat, Last Friday Night, Teenage Dream, Pearl, The One That Got Away
  90. Oct 13, 2013
    Pesimo disco, le doy un punto por que No Like The Movies es la unica cancion buena, y Firework se salva, pero lo demas cambio mucho su estilo comprarandolo con su anterior album, sus letras llegan a ser un poco vulgares y huecas. se hubiera quedado mejor en la era One Of The Boys
  91. Sep 11, 2013
    A really good album. The ultimate summer record, It contains everything you want: Ballads, Dirty songs, Dance songs, Pop friendly songs. This album will definitely melt your Popsicles
  92. Sep 6, 2013
    Katy Perry's "Thriller" is no masterpiece of pop music. It is, however, a record enjoyable from start to finish, which delivers some pop classics and manages to have a lot of genuine fun in the process. It's so bubblegum it hurts, but the Disney-like impression makes up for a colourful experience of undeniable quality. Also, basically every song in here is a number one single anKaty Perry's "Thriller" is no masterpiece of pop music. It is, however, a record enjoyable from start to finish, which delivers some pop classics and manages to have a lot of genuine fun in the process. It's so bubblegum it hurts, but the Disney-like impression makes up for a colourful experience of undeniable quality. Also, basically every song in here is a number one single an interesting trivia per se, but a relevant fact too if we take into account the sheer cheesiness and catchyness of every melody. Expand
  93. Sep 1, 2013
    You can no doubt say that Katy Perry is one of the biggest names in Pop music, being Grammy nominated and winning many other awards. So it's no surprise that she releases a second album, "Teenage Dream" is one of the biggest releases to come out this summer, with big hits like "Teenage Dream" and "California Girls" now released, "Teenage Dream" isn't the greatest album in the world, but itYou can no doubt say that Katy Perry is one of the biggest names in Pop music, being Grammy nominated and winning many other awards. So it's no surprise that she releases a second album, "Teenage Dream" is one of the biggest releases to come out this summer, with big hits like "Teenage Dream" and "California Girls" now released, "Teenage Dream" isn't the greatest album in the world, but it is still fun and will have multiple repeats on four or five songs. The problems with "Teenage Dream" are that the ballads where she shines with her voice are very forgettable and will be skipped by some listeners, but probably the biggest problem is that there's no direction or clear story to tell, Katy Perry seems to saying that Young People today are directionless and don't know where they'll go, if that's what she's trying to say, then she may have accomplished it. After the powerful pop single "Firework" the next track is a surprisingly graphic single about sex called then after the cute "The One That Got Away" with get an alien like song about sex called "E.T" the direction for these song's is very odd. But the song's delivered here are super fun to listen to which include all the songs I mentioned, and Katy Perry is still a great songwriter and singer. The album is only 12 songs long and is about maybe 45 minutes, so it's mostly an easy listen. Overall "Teenage Dream" has flaws that might make some listeners uncomfortable, but if you're willing to listen to music that's just meant for easy fun then Perry's latest may be worth buying. Expand
  94. Aug 7, 2013
    This is an awesome album! With pop beats like and ballads like Pearl, it has something for everybody. A well constructed album with not really any errors.
  95. Jul 29, 2013
    Why such a low score? Katy Perry proofs that she's talented! I want to see more! Why such a low score? Katy Perry proofs that she's talented! I want to see more!
  96. Jun 1, 2013
    Loved this album, deserves better reviews, Katy Perry is talented and she has a pretty good voice, the songs are worth a 7,8,9 or 10 so not a bad song, my favorite is wide awake and part of me
  97. May 29, 2013
    A commercial album through and through, but that's alright albums are allowed to be commercial in my opinion. Highlights are 'California Gurls', 'Firework', 'Teenage Dream' and 'Part of Me'. Personally, I think this is the best teen-pop album in years, which is proved by its impressive six US number 1 singles. Tonnes of catchy hooks, with a sprinkle of emotion in tracks such as 'Not likeA commercial album through and through, but that's alright albums are allowed to be commercial in my opinion. Highlights are 'California Gurls', 'Firework', 'Teenage Dream' and 'Part of Me'. Personally, I think this is the best teen-pop album in years, which is proved by its impressive six US number 1 singles. Tonnes of catchy hooks, with a sprinkle of emotion in tracks such as 'Not like the Movies' and 'The One that got Away', however some songs seem soulless and devoid of Perry's normal exuberant personality, such as 'Last Friday Night'. The ultimate album for pop lovers. Expand
  98. Apr 11, 2013
    Was a very decent album. Had a lot of good songs like "The One That Got Away" "E.T." "Circle The Drain" and "California Girls" "Who Am I Living For" some very in the middle songs like "Last Friday Night" "Firework" "Hummingbird Heartbeat" and some not so great songs like "Not Like The Movies" Overall its was easy to listen to and a good follow up to her first album.
  99. Mar 31, 2013
    Teenage Dream is an amazing album! Although not as lyrically personal as One Of The Boys, its still a pop masterpiece. The highlights of the album are definatly Teenage Dream, The One That Got Away, Firework and E.T. The lows of the album would be Pearl and Cirlce The Drain, although i like those songs, there just not as great as the rest of the album. If you still haven't bought thisTeenage Dream is an amazing album! Although not as lyrically personal as One Of The Boys, its still a pop masterpiece. The highlights of the album are definatly Teenage Dream, The One That Got Away, Firework and E.T. The lows of the album would be Pearl and Cirlce The Drain, although i like those songs, there just not as great as the rest of the album. If you still haven't bought this album after 3 years, i would strongly advise you to buy it! Expand
  100. Mar 24, 2013
    Honestly This Is My Favorite Album Of All Time! I Don't Care What Critic's Say...
    It's 2013 And This Album Has Had Six #1 Hits And Two Other Songs Peaking In The Top 3!
    This Is What Pop Music Really Is! Perfect Perry

1. After some severe front-loading, the album is filled out by songs that are too dark or lifeless to work alongside the Candyland motif of the cover and sunbeamy splash of California Gurls.
  2. Teenage Dream is the kind of pool-party-pop gem that Gwen Stefani used to crank out on the regular, full of SoCal ambience and disco beats.
  3. There's none of the ABBA or Cardigans influence she claimed, nor any of the fun she seems to have in real life. For now she just sounds like another of pop's Stepford Wives.