• Record Label: Def Jam
7.3

Review this album

1. MrCharisma
    Jan 10, 2003
    jay-z has some skill, but this album is rushed and too much like the original *blueprint
  2. dontezg
    Sep 17, 2004
    i liked the album alot matter of fact i liked every album by jay-z cuase he's my favorite rapper.
  3. DarrenR
    Nov 26, 2002
    there are some songs that get your attention but there are songs that you have to listen to 2 really understand
  4. DonC
    Dec 6, 2002
    This album is the sh*t no one can hold Jigga thats the truth and when I come out aint no one gonna hold me Holla!
  5. BdezzyLewis
    Jan 9, 2003
    Stay 100% hater proff da albumb is hard and yall niggaz know it!!
  6. KamalJ
    May 8, 2003
    This album is hott as hell. It may not be as good as Blueprint, but I say give credit where credit is due.
  7. trevorm
    Mar 13, 2004
    good album a few unsoulfull songs
  8. alexf
    Jan 26, 2007
    jiggas lp was hot but nas album was hotter nas 4 ever: stillmatic >>>> blueprint 2
  9. BrandonE
    Nov 26, 2002
    If you thought the original Blueprint was tight, you better check this one out. Jay-Z still rollin and writin'.
  10. matswan
    Nov 26, 2002
    at least 19 good tunes, thats very good for any album! but wud be better as 1 disc. the other songs r o.k., but the more Jigga tha better is what i say!
  11. mikes
    Nov 27, 2002
    Brilliant! Jay-Z goes everywhere and if you read the various reviews, someone is always pleased. He experimented and it worked. But you cannot please everyone, therefore, one's diamond is another's coal. It's aaight Jay, I love it all.
  12. JohnD
    Dec 5, 2002
    It's a very good slbum just like his other albums, and Nas ain't got nothing on him.
  13. ErikD
    Jan 14, 2003
    This is his best by far
  14. NigelF
    Jan 2, 2003
    That nigga jay-z done did it again, this alnum is outa this world, theres something for everyone, the greatest flows i've eva heard. he has always been the king, and he will always be. nas is Sh@t compared to jigga. HOVA 4 EVA BABY, YEAH, JAMAICAN'S SAY DAT.
  15. BobC
    Feb 21, 2006
    H O V A I got my mojo back baby oh behave
  16. JohnMurrayHill
    Apr 9, 2008
    When this came out - for Jay-Z fans - it was the bomb. Listening to it now, some of the tracks aren't great. That said, the second CD - the darker CD - is damn good. There are a lot of gems on here. Fans of Jay-Z will definitely find some good stuff here. Some nice Kanye West productions too.
  17. glik
    Nov 23, 2002
    i like the styles on this album, nice flow. discreet but safe. mostly sik some shit.
  18. Jared
    Nov 23, 2002
    I enjoyed this album. Listen to the lyrics don't skim through the music.
  19. AdairW
    Nov 25, 2002
    Definitely not Jay's best...he said so himself, see LA Times Calendar article - 11/24/02 The production is tight as always but Jay has too much on his mind these days as he's blowing up all over the place with Rocawear sales and now Vodka merchandising.
  20. derekp
    Nov 27, 2002
    this album is off the hook and jigga can't be fazed!
  21. TarikT
    Dec 3, 2002
    Another rushed album by one of the shames of Hip Hop. Senseless rap sucks. The 3 main sensless rappers are: Jay-Z, Ja-rule, and nelly. Please guys come up with something original, Jay-Z isnt a an eighth of the man he used to be five years ago. POP SUKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  22. AHink
    Dec 7, 2002
    People are always hatin on jigga but he doesn't make horrible music at all he is on another level but y'all aint feelin' him
  23. rob
    Mar 28, 2003
    Why do artists have double cd's....Jay-Z tried it with this and flopped......Should stick with the one album every year.....
  24. Andrew
    Nov 21, 2002
    So frustrating! Roughly one listenable song for every 2 horrible ones. If he would have cut a bunch of the crap and put this on just one disc, you'd have a solid album. Not enough party tunes for my taste, and thats what I look for from Jigga.
  25. BrianN
    Nov 21, 2002
    the reviewers dont know what theyre talking about. a 6? Not a classic like Blueprint or Reasonable Doubt but EXTREMELY solid LP.
  26. rico
    Nov 26, 2002
    This album is absolute genius. One of his best since Reasonable Doubt. From dance tracks(the Bounce), to hype tracks(You Don't Know 2), to deep tracks(Meet The Parents,Ballad For The Fallen Soldiers). Those who don't think so dont know great music.
  27. KyleA
    Nov 27, 2002
    Rap sucks! No talent whatsoever. I'd give it a ten for sucking.
  28. MoisesB
    Nov 28, 2002
    Is great MUSIC ABOUT TIME!!! Something that's different into another level...
  29. TBut
    Dec 23, 2002
    Amazing simply amazing.... How incredible....from "some people hate" to "bluprint2" an overall great album
  30. Aug 17, 2010
    Are u kidding. This album is no good. I gave the 1 because of Hov's other music such as classics like the black album and reasonable doubt. This in my opinion is pop garbage

We've heard too much of this before. [Jan 2003, p.119]
  2. If The Blueprint proved that coming back is easy, The Blueprint 2 proves it’s difficult to stay on top.
  3. What a curse Jay-Z's ideas represent: Nearly everything about The Blueprint 2 sounds like a retread, including its title.