• Record Label: Atlantic
8.6

Review this album

1. ChrisD
    Jun 4, 2003
    The energy and unique style of thier live shows can be felt here with this new CD. I am chomping at the bit to see the new show. The new bigger venue show give them a lot more freedom and room to grow.
  2. ChrisS
    May 6, 2003
    This CD rocks! I like how BMG have taken what they have learned from their stage shows and put together a new rock experience.
  3. erick
    Apr 26, 2003
    buy this cd, or I will come over to your house and beat your ass
  4. AntonA
    May 28, 2003
    WOW!!! I love this CD! It totally rocks. The lyrics enhance the Blue Man Vibe - or rather, the Blue Man vibe enhances the CD. Just pick it up. You will soon see what I mean.
  5. JoshH
    Jun 15, 2003
    I bought this album two days ago, and have listened to it about 20 times since. It's a wonderful album, and should satisfy fans of BMG's first album, Audio, while bringing in a new audience. I've read several reviews on The Complex, and disagree with a few of them - One thing this album is not is predictable. One thing that it is is genius.
  6. DrewC
    Jul 30, 2003
    Simply put, one of the best CDs in my collection.
  7. Dave
    Apr 25, 2003
    You either get the music of the Blue Man, or you don't. If you are a big fan of their shows, and if you liked Audio, then you will like this CD.
  8. JuneB
    Mar 15, 2005
    Very diverse. A very high level of harmonic flow, something you can't capture Live.

1. Very little of The Complex comes off as more than sophisticated videogame music, mainly because Blue Man Group is good at filling big spaces, but not at unearthing the small, precious pockets of stillness.
  2. There are worse things you could spend you money on, but buy one of BMG's DVD's if you want to entertained by them; pass on this forgettable CD.
  3. Fans of their live performances will appreciate its wall-to-wall rhythmic thrust and quirky textures, while aficionados and newcomers alike should welcome its surprising, seductive melodies and mature songwriting.