8.3

Review this album

1. Oct 13, 2013
    For the people who hoped this to be the Blondie's last album I am glad to say they are wrong and I'm happy about it. The Curse of Blondie is just another great album but unfortunately many people don't understand that. With a great variety of genres Blondie just continued what they started with Autoamerican. I was amazed on how great the album sounded after listening to the whole thing.For the people who hoped this to be the Blondie's last album I am glad to say they are wrong and I'm happy about it. The Curse of Blondie is just another great album but unfortunately many people don't understand that. With a great variety of genres Blondie just continued what they started with Autoamerican. I was amazed on how great the album sounded after listening to the whole thing. Debbie's voice is so great and even better in Panic of Girls and Ghosts of Download. Happy 10th anniversary to THE CURSE OF BLONDIE. Expand
  2. Sep 13, 2011
    As much as I love(d) Blondie, this is Just. Not. Good. By far their worst album, songs range from the downright awful ("Desire Brings Me Back") to the bland ("Background Melody", a o.) to the acceptable (most of them). Ever since "Autoamerican" in 1980, Blondie albums have been scattered affairs, with almost every song a genre of its own. This is no exception. But unlike the previousAs much as I love(d) Blondie, this is Just. Not. Good. By far their worst album, songs range from the downright awful ("Desire Brings Me Back") to the bland ("Background Melody", a o.) to the acceptable (most of them). Ever since "Autoamerican" in 1980, Blondie albums have been scattered affairs, with almost every song a genre of its own. This is no exception. But unlike the previous album, "No Exit", that had some bad songs but also quite a few really good ones, I can only find one real gem here, "The Tingler". As a hard core fan, I always want new music from my favorite artists, but in Blondie's case I'm sort of hoping this is the end... Expand
  3. chrisy
    Oct 7, 2005
    Shockingly good!
  4. KentB
    May 10, 2004
    This album is being extremely underrated. Blondie does more than put out generic pop/rock/punk; from every album they have ever had every song is from a different genre. With this release they have crafted very unique songs, all of which are excellent. This band should be in the rock and roll hall of fame, and this release should put them there.
  5. Eastwood
    Apr 9, 2004
    You cannot just listen to it once. After 2-3 times you fall into the hooks and leaves its curse on you. Buy and play it over and over. Anyone can like this album, it covers so many genres of music. Not many bands can still create music like this after 30 years and it deserves respect.

1. There's not quite enough to justify the addition of another album to the Blondie catalogue.
  2. A mostly solid collection of quirky dance pop and cryptic rock.
    The album is engagingly eclectic, always melodic, sometimes hard and storming, but never quite so sublime [as single "Good Boys"]. [Nov 2004, p.132]