8.3

Review this album

1. Aug 21, 2012
    Those who listened to their previous albums are going to be totally familiar with the sound. Same powerful beat, same powerful choruses, same gospel in some songs, same techniques.
    Songs are not any worse and they are not any better. What we have here are the same awesomely good The Heavy in great form, simply more of them.
    And I don't think it could've been any better and that we should
    And I don't think it could've been any better and that we should ask for more. Songs are still emotionally touching, you still want to dance and clap and sing when you hear them. If you put previous album on repeat for around 3 months like I did, you're gonna love this one too, believe me.
    Very great album imo and certainly a highlight of this year.

1. Aug 21, 2012
    It builds nicely upon The Heavy's previous work and should please fans of the band's quirky take on rootsy soul-influenced music.
  2. Aug 21, 2012
    The Glorious Dead is an achingly self-aware throwback record, focusing more on the strength of each song than the album's overall structure.
  3. Aug 20, 2012
    They sometimes feel as second-hand as The Black Crowes, but The Heavy's capacity for rabble-rousing is a potent strength, which in music – if not always politics – isn't necessarily a bad thing.