7.2

Review this album

1. Sep 22, 2010
    Since I (mostly) enjoyed Manson's 2007 album Eat Me, Drink Me I bought The High End of Low on a whim without sampling it beforehand and was not disappointed. While still no where near as good lyrically as Antichrist Superstar The album is mostly enjoyable for the entirety of it's fifteen tracks. Starting off with Devour a track the starts soft and acoustic before building to up toSince I (mostly) enjoyed Manson's 2007 album Eat Me, Drink Me I bought The High End of Low on a whim without sampling it beforehand and was not disappointed. While still no where near as good lyrically as Antichrist Superstar The album is mostly enjoyable for the entirety of it's fifteen tracks. Starting off with Devour a track the starts soft and acoustic before building to up to aggressive gold. From there on the listener is treated to richly layered guitars and even the use of strings (a first for a Manson album). Halfway through your hit with an great acoustic number called Running To The Edge Of The World before continuing on. There are a few tracks that are obviously weaker, namely WOW and We're From America. But after listening to the albums high points like like Four Rusted Horses, Wight Spider, and Leave A Scar they're easier to forgive.

For those that purchase the deluxe edition your treated to a bonus disc that features acoustic versions of several of the albums better tracks, all of which work exceptionally well. I would imagine that an unplugged tour, while unpopular with most of his fan base, would actually warrant a live cd worth buying.

If you used to be a Manson fan but haven't picked up an album since Holy Wood you might want to give this one a try. While different from his earlier releases he seems to have found a new musical direction that actually works for him. The High End of Low is an enjoyable album that has rekindled my interest in Marilyn Manson as an artist and just may do the same for you.
  2. Feb 3, 2015
    This album was an interesting one. It stands out from the rest completely. It has a sadder, more serious tone to it than Manson's other work. At first, this album disappointed me, as it was not what I expected from Manson, but after another listen, the album grew on me. I began to look at it from a much different angle. This in my opinion is one of Manson's best works. So much emotion wasThis album was an interesting one. It stands out from the rest completely. It has a sadder, more serious tone to it than Manson's other work. At first, this album disappointed me, as it was not what I expected from Manson, but after another listen, the album grew on me. I began to look at it from a much different angle. This in my opinion is one of Manson's best works. So much emotion was put into this album, and it winded up being an enjoyable one. I feel like it was unjustly criticized.
    Top 5 songs from this Album:
    1.We're from America
    2. Arma-godd**m-motherf**king-geddon
    3. Devour
    4. I Have to Look Up Just to See hell
    5. Four Rusted Horses
  3. Aug 6, 2013
    Excelente! Um Album Romântico De MM Mas Claro Que Não Falta Rock E Metal.
    Top The High End Of Low
    1-We're From America
    2-Leave A Scar
    3-Unkillable Monster
    4-Blank And White
    5-Devour

1. Perhaps the only interesting thing about Manson's latest record is the couple of anomalies hidden within.
  2. Assuming they haven’t all grown up by now, Manson fans will adore every dark, juvenile flourish. For the rest of us, The High End Of Low serves as a cautionary tale of artistic regression.
  3. Manson the man at least seems re-energised here....The same cannot always be said for his band; their limp glam metal consistently threatens to undermine the performance. [Jul 2009, p.127]