8.3

Review this album

1. Nov 5, 2013
    This album is just for real Eminem fans. If you compare to Marshall Mathers LP you wii say this is wack but is a very good album.
    Better album than Relapse and Recovery.
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    This is one of my best albums so far and you better RESPECT THAT! I'm back and here to stay, and hell on I'm not retiring after this. I'ma slapping anyone asking me that again.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    I'm a massive Eminem fan since 2002 when The Eminem Show came out. It's my favorite album of him by far with Encore close second. MMLP and SSLP are classic albums but they never really hit my heart. Relapse was average and Recovery was great at first but it got old too soon.
    I was waiting for MMLP2 to drop out and didn't know what to expect. The result is better than i would ever imagined. Before I start, I want to say, that I have the Deluxe version of MMLP2.

The album starts with BAD GUY which is the sequel of "Stan" and the first 4 minutes are decent. But when the beat changes, Eminem drops probably his most powerful verse of all time which makes this song an instant classic. (10/10)
    PARKING LOT is the only skit on the album, which is great because, well, we got more songs!
    Then we got RHYME OR REASON which samples "Time of the Season" by The Zombies. The song has references to his father he never met. (8/10)
    SO MUCH BETTER is some kind of revisit to "Kill You" from MMLP1 with a heavy beat. It seems to be one of the worse songs of the album. (6/10)
    We got SURVIVAL next. Powerful guitars and angry Eminem. The chorus is weaker and got overplayed soon. (7/10)
    LEGACY is one of the second gem of the album. Eminem escalates throughout the album and tells a story which will serve as a motivation for people. (10/10)
    **** can't keep up the pace of Legacy and is one of the few skippable songs. (6/10)
    We all know BERZERK pretty well. It's crazy and unique but serves as the "first funny single" and MMLP2 has better songs. (7/10)
    RAP GOD is a work by a Rap God. 100 words in 16 seconds? I don't have to say more. The beat is a little bit repetitive but the song is awesome! (9/10)
    BRAINLESS is not that great for the first listen but I found it really interesting. The lyrics are great and Eminem spits them in his typical rapid speed. (9/10)
    When I first heard the STRONGER THAN I WAS it left me completely speechless. Eminem isn't a great singer but the emotion make it up. Awesome!!! (10/10)
    THE MONSTER is similar to "Love the Way You Lie" but it's not that repetitive and it will have a huge success in radio. (8/10)
    SO FAR... is a unique song with a rock beat and Eminem makes fun of technology he doesn't understand. I've never heard anything like that from him before and I like it. (9/10)
    Everybody was waiting for LOVE GAME because it features the prince of hip-hop Kendrick Lamar. The song is a surpise because Eminem and K.Dot didn't battle for a #1 MC in the world but enjoyed a work together and the result is good. (8/10)
    HEADLIGHTS is probably the because surprise because Eminem tries to settle the relationship with his mother. The most emotional song on the album. Nate Ruess doesn't ruin it as much as I expected but I would have done it without him. (8/10)
    EVIL TWIN is a pure hip-hop. The style of this song reminds me "Underground" or "Soldier". Great lyrics but not a big fan of the beat. (8/10)

Bonus tracks:

BABY (6/10)
    DESPERATION (8/10)
    GROUNDHOG DAY (6/10)
    Then there is BEAUTIFUL PAIN which is one of the three best song on MMLP2. Love the chorus by Sia and Eminem's verses are even better. Should have been on the normal version. (10/10)
    WICKED WAYS is a great closing to a great album. Eminem drops one of the best verses here and then there is the return of Ken Kaniff at the end. (9/10)

Overall the album is awesome! I expected a good work but it exceeded my expectations. The final chapter of a saga is a return to a top form and for me it's better than the original because he matured.
  4. Nov 11, 2013
    I have to admit I'd pretty much given up on Em after his last few albums, but this album really represents a return to form. Makes me realise how much I've missed 'good' music. When Eminem does it well he does it better than anybody in my opinion, and this is an incredibly strong record, with expert rhyming, brilliant production and lots of raw honesty and emotion, basically everythingI have to admit I'd pretty much given up on Em after his last few albums, but this album really represents a return to form. Makes me realise how much I've missed 'good' music. When Eminem does it well he does it better than anybody in my opinion, and this is an incredibly strong record, with expert rhyming, brilliant production and lots of raw honesty and emotion, basically everything that made Eminem big in the first place. Being such a huge fan of his so I'm delighted to say the least, This may be his strongest album so far and that's saying something. Christmas is here early! Expand
  5. Nov 9, 2013
    Best Eminem album since TES. Bad Guy: 10/10 Rhyme or Reason: 9/10 So Much Better: 9/10 Survival: 7.5/10 Legacy: 9/10 7.5/10 Berzerk: 8.5/10 Rap God: 9/10 Brainless 8.5/10 Stronger than i was: 8/10 The Monster: 7:10 So Far: 8.5/10 Love Game: 8.5/10 Headlights 9.5/10 Evil Twin: 9/10. Bonus Tracks: Baby: 7.5/10 Desperation: 8/10 Groundhog Day: 9/10 Beautiful Pain: 9.5/10 WickedBest Eminem album since TES. Bad Guy: 10/10 Rhyme or Reason: 9/10 So Much Better: 9/10 Survival: 7.5/10 Legacy: 9/10 7.5/10 Berzerk: 8.5/10 Rap God: 9/10 Brainless 8.5/10 Stronger than i was: 8/10 The Monster: 7:10 So Far: 8.5/10 Love Game: 8.5/10 Headlights 9.5/10 Evil Twin: 9/10. Bonus Tracks: Baby: 7.5/10 Desperation: 8/10 Groundhog Day: 9/10 Beautiful Pain: 9.5/10 Wicked Ways: 8.5/10 Expand
  6. Nov 5, 2013
    This is another level of awesome achieved by Eminem. He proves again why he is considered one of the best. Complex rhyme schemes, a bit more mature a bit more wiser. Listen to both concurrently and you'll see the difference but also the similar tones. He's still atop of his game here.
  7. Nov 5, 2013
    Long time Eminem fan here. I was in the 10th grade when his 1st studio album dropped and I've been following him ever since. I have to admit that on my 1st playthrough of the album I was mildly disappointed because I wasn't expecting the album to sound so unique. Eminem is a "rappers rapper" on this album... he goes absolutely ballistic with his rhyme structures and use of syllables. ILong time Eminem fan here. I was in the 10th grade when his 1st studio album dropped and I've been following him ever since. I have to admit that on my 1st playthrough of the album I was mildly disappointed because I wasn't expecting the album to sound so unique. Eminem is a "rappers rapper" on this album... he goes absolutely ballistic with his rhyme structures and use of syllables. I know a lot of people won't like this album simply because of how different it is, but personally I love this album and feel like Eminem really did take it to the next level. Expand
  8. Nov 5, 2013
    great come back from Eminem,he's still on top of this rap game and this album is pure talent,happy to see him going back to the good old days..the album is a must buy..
  9. Jan 19, 2014
    Loved this album! Just superb! Bad Guy is amazing , Headlights is one of the best songs i've ever heard by Em. However , my favorite song from this album is Beautiful Pain. :D
  10. Nov 5, 2013
    Great album! I love how he can slow it down on some songs, and be intensely violent and ferocious on other. It is completely fair to give this one a 10/10. The real Slim Shady is back!
  11. Nov 5, 2013
    I can't believe he actually made an album as good as the original MMLP, but he sure did. From beginning to end Eminem once again takes you on an emotional journey from awe, laughter, sadness, excitement and elation. The true musical genius of our times.
  12. Nov 7, 2013
    awesome album i've been listening to this track all day for last 2 days Eminem Rap God, i don't really follow the mainstream news so i was really surprised when i heard about his album, i don't think it will ever be as good as the 2000-2004 songs but for what we're getting this days in terms of music, this album is 20/10
  13. Nov 5, 2013
    MMLP2 exceeded my expectations. It's a masterpiece that everyone should take the time to listen to. It's amazing how one album made me change emotions so quickly. Songs like "so much better" and "love game" made me laugh so hard, songs like "bad guy", "rap god" and survival" got me pumped up, and songs like "legacy" and "headlights" make me very emotional. No album (especially a rap album)MMLP2 exceeded my expectations. It's a masterpiece that everyone should take the time to listen to. It's amazing how one album made me change emotions so quickly. Songs like "so much better" and "love game" made me laugh so hard, songs like "bad guy", "rap god" and survival" got me pumped up, and songs like "legacy" and "headlights" make me very emotional. No album (especially a rap album) has been able to do that to me. Perfect 10/10 for me. Expand
  14. Nov 25, 2013
    Soo much nostalgia...this is a treat for those who grew up listening to eminem in the early 2000s when we were introduced to this white boys angry rhymes. There are a lot of references to his old hits heck some songs sound like the beats from his LP album...which were IMHO, eminems best. Great album!
  15. Nov 5, 2013
    Eminem shows why he is regarded as one of the greatest rappers of all time in this absolutely jaw dropping album. It has a mix of classic hip hop and modern hip hop and rap. In this album the infamous slim shady makes a reappearance and tears down songs with Eminem in songs such as ''Evil Twin''. Eminem, also makes a lot of references to the prequel of this album MMLP1 in which he makes aEminem shows why he is regarded as one of the greatest rappers of all time in this absolutely jaw dropping album. It has a mix of classic hip hop and modern hip hop and rap. In this album the infamous slim shady makes a reappearance and tears down songs with Eminem in songs such as ''Evil Twin''. Eminem, also makes a lot of references to the prequel of this album MMLP1 in which he makes a sequel to the famous song ''Stan'', called Bad Guy in this album, where he raps as Mathew Mitchells who was Stan's little brother in the song Stan, the final verse is one of the greatest verses in modern day rapping. Eminem shows he's genius in this album and when the curtain truly calls the music industry will miss this legend. Expand
  16. Nov 5, 2013
    absolutly highclass, awesome lyrics, very deep, top3 Eminem Records

im a fan since Marshall Mathers LP 1 and this record is on par with MMlp1 and The Eminem Show
  17. Nov 5, 2013
    A masterpiece! Eminem at his best I just can't stop listening to it. Every song is awesome in its own way my favorite being headlights and berserk. Way better than recovery and encore imo. Fans of eminem would do well to pick up this album because Eminem is back and better than ever!
  18. Nov 5, 2013
    This album really shows how far his lyrical ability has come to. my favorite song on this album that will truly be remembered in my opinion is Bad Guy (In my opinion) Eminem does what no one expected from a title of a song called "Bad Guy" this is actually the sequel to Stan I won't spoil anymore) but the ending is where I was just amazed on how amazing this song truly is. I literallyThis album really shows how far his lyrical ability has come to. my favorite song on this album that will truly be remembered in my opinion is Bad Guy (In my opinion) Eminem does what no one expected from a title of a song called "Bad Guy" this is actually the sequel to Stan I won't spoil anymore) but the ending is where I was just amazed on how amazing this song truly is. I literally cried at the ending (you'll find out why) I have also hear the entire album and it's such an amazing work of art. PLEASE PLEASE don't go thinking is going to be exactly like TMMLP because it's not. It's more of a throw back to the album showing respect to what is arguably his greatest album in his library. This album gets a 10/10 from me just because of how well he just puts lyrics together and the unique production that went into this and also because of all the throwbacks on this album that brought me back to 2000's. Thank you Eminem Expand
  19. Nov 30, 2013
    Oh yeah! Guess who's back? Eminem: true Slim Shady for the first time since 2002. This album undoubtedly lives up to its name. The last verse of Bad Guy hooks you.
  20. Nov 5, 2013
    Eminem is back! I was a massive fan of MMLP, SSLP and TES. I was disappointed with Encore, Relapse and Recovery but when this album came out, I was so relieved! There was so much nostalgia listening to this album! I would have liked to hear production by Dr Dre but the album is still amazing tracks like "so far" and "bad guy" are my favourites. I would recommend the deluxe edition as theEminem is back! I was a massive fan of MMLP, SSLP and TES. I was disappointed with Encore, Relapse and Recovery but when this album came out, I was so relieved! There was so much nostalgia listening to this album! I would have liked to hear production by Dr Dre but the album is still amazing tracks like "so far" and "bad guy" are my favourites. I would recommend the deluxe edition as the bonus tracks are amazing! Expand
  21. Nov 5, 2013
    I wasn't sure at first, but it's grown on me with every listen! Production is slightly disappointing but much better than Relapse and Recovery, lyrics are as always brilliant. This really is the perfect last album if it is to be his last.
  22. Nov 5, 2013
    The production was on point throughout the whole of the album. Eminem's lyrical ability is absolutely amazing and his storytelling in Bad Guy is legendary. He was experimental with his use of rock but it does somehow work. The whole of the album is also cohesive! I recommend anyone to buy this album as this beats all the other contenders to album of the year.
  23. Nov 5, 2013
    Best album Eminem has done since TES. This album has it all, references to the first MMLP, serious songs, funny/sarcastic songs, more commercial and radio-friendly songs that the 5 deluxe edition songs MORE than make up for. 10/10
  24. Nov 10, 2013
    Quite Simply Stunning, His best work to date. Been following his story since the very beginning, Rap-God? Yes, Rap-God on the verge of creating a whole new Genre.
  25. Nov 6, 2013
    My favorite Eminem album of all time...hes better then before.. seriously..
    his flow has grown tenfold it seriously blows my mind. If recovery got album of the year this deserves rap album of the decade. i would say favorite song so at the moment is Groundhogs Day but it changes every week :D please buy this album.. don't pirate it he really deserves it you can tell he put his soul into this one.
  26. Nov 5, 2013
    Finally, Eminem is back. This is the album that tells the rap industry to step the hell up. Em found his clarity somewhere along the line and is setting the bar as high as he set it in 2000 with the original MMLP. There hasn't been a rap album like this in years.
  27. Nov 5, 2013
    Eminem is my favorite rapper. After hearing the album the real slim shady I was hooked on him. Then the first part of the Marshall mathers was so successful and everybody loved it so he of course made a second part! Now this is the best album since the Eminem show. It was a step up from recovery. Recovery was a little ok just because it was his emotional album were here shared his personalEminem is my favorite rapper. After hearing the album the real slim shady I was hooked on him. Then the first part of the Marshall mathers was so successful and everybody loved it so he of course made a second part! Now this is the best album since the Eminem show. It was a step up from recovery. Recovery was a little ok just because it was his emotional album were here shared his personal feelings more seriously. But yeah this album has a lot of good songs and a lot of funny but serious songs at the same time. Beserk is a song that I really liked its not the best but its a pretty good song. Survival was a little mainstream. And he is almost yelling. Rap god was amazing some clever lyrics, and around the 4 minute mark it shows his real potential. I loved bad guy and I loved headlights. Overall great album Expand
  28. Nov 5, 2013
    This is great album and shows how Eminem has grown as person. He is not bashing his wife/mother doesn't mean it is not good hip-hop album. Lyrically this is one of the finest album. He also understands and addresses hate towards him in the songs like He shows his rap skills in "Rap god".
    Best storytelling in "Bad guy". other songs are also very great. Overall this is great album
  29. Nov 5, 2013
    There is at least a million complex rhyme schemes in mmlp2...not to mention, the subject matter..rap mostly seems to be about proving u a re the sickest..and with songs like brainless, rap god and eminem tells us why he is the illest.mmlp2 rekindles my love for hip hop....
  30. Nov 7, 2013

1. Jan 7, 2014
    Even though his wit and word patterns still dazzle, they need a livelier canvas if the Eminem nostalgia experience is to be the thrilling one it should be. [Jan 2014, p.122]
  2. Dec 18, 2013
    The music is almost secondary, his production' often leaden beats a mere sideshow to mind-bending internal rhyme pyrotechnics that jab hard at the surreal dial. [Jan 2014, p.92]
  3. Nov 21, 2013
    Eminem might not be making “shock rap with Doc” like he used to be, but The Marshall Mathers LP 2 takes turns as equally bold and unpredictable as anything in his discography.