• Record Label: Sony
  • Release Date: Nov 14, 2006
8.0

Review this album

1. Sep 14, 2010
    Man this movie sucked. There story could have been written by a 10 year old. Dough i love both Jack Black and Dave Grohl, there is no excuse for this movie. I think turned it off 3 times. I would have called Jack and asked for my money back if I didnt borrow it for free from a friend.
  2. Feb 13, 2011
    Funny movie and great music.
  3. Mar 27, 2012
    It has been said in other reviews that Tenacious D should take their music more seriously . . . I bet the guys writing those reviews are a lot of fun at parties.

Sometimes not taking yourself too seriously is the point. As far as the comments about â
  4. May 6, 2013
    This is is certainly an acquired taste but this is probably one of the funniest and just plain awesome albums I have heard in a while. Jack Black and Kyle Gass are just great in this album with excellent and funny song writing and good music to go along with it. Love this album.
  5. Nov 1, 2013
    This is an album that is genuinely funny and the songs stand out to me. It was the first album i've purchased on my phone and it's well worth it. It's not the greatest album ever made, but how it has a rating this low (52) shocked me. Watch the movie first; this is definitely worth a listen.

1. It plays like a hilarious concept album more than anything.
  2. Tenacious D insists it is the greatest band in the world, and on a couple occasions during this soundtrack to the duo's upcoming film of the same name, you kinda believe it. [18 Nov 2006]
  3. Not only are these not the greatest songs in the world, they're not even a tribute to them.