This Is Happening - LCD Soundsystem
8.5

Review this album

1. Aug 6, 2011
    Along with Arcade Fire's The Suburbs and Josh Ritter's So Runs the World Away, this was my favorite album of 2010. I'd hate for this to be the last LCD Soundsystem album, but we'll always have "Home".
  2. Oct 8, 2011
    The best but last album of this great project by James Murphy gets to it's end with remarkable songs and different lyrics. Not as great as Sound Of Silver, but great at the same way, songs like "I Can Change" e "Drunk Girls" show us that mr. Murphy might be the creative genious we-ve been looking for.
  3. Sep 14, 2010
    A hip, rocking album that puts other artists to shame, "Happening" has a lot of great jams and snyth tech beats, chugging along with LCD's off-beat lyrics its a must have for this year best music.
  4. Oct 21, 2010
    I can't stop listening to this album. The Dance Yourself Clean track is addicting. Please check it out this album. I love the genuine, and positive spirit and feel to the music and lyrics, you would have to quite thick headed not to percieve and appreciate this. Love it.
  5. Apr 8, 2011
    They say it's better to quit while still on top, and this is LCD at it's best. May not be as good as the magnificent Sound of Silver but it certainly holds its own. Now LCD has released 3 great albums, enough to earn a distinguished place in music history.
  6. Apr 28, 2011
    This album is jumpin! groovy as hell. Funky electronic sounds, great beats, great drummer- he just fits with the music. Under some circumstances, it just sounds reminiscent of the 80's, but it is oh so fresh at the same time. Eclectic, cool, bright and interesting lyrics. Thick electronic bass lines, melody lines. The quality on the CD sounds amazing, well mixed and recorded, well put together with no gaps and no distortion or filler underneath, everything placed perfectly but perfectly wild for the creativity to leap out of the music. Needless to say, the songs aren't dull, this album will have bouncing. Expand
  7. j30
    Feb 1, 2012
    This Is Happening was my favorite record from 2010. The LP has more of a rock sound than previous efforts, but still shows electronic flare. LCD Soundsystem will be missed.
  8. Oct 6, 2011
    When "New York I love you" I literally cried. Great album for a great band. I had the pleasure of seeing their final concert, I will never forget it
  9. Jan 28, 2012
    The magic of the electronic LCD reached lofty levels. It's a unique feeling listening to songs like "All I Want" and "I Can Change." Wonderful album, where the limits are impossible in our hands.

1. This Is Happening suffers no shortage of really great songs. Each track is a well-executed study in the finer points of the long form, each thumping and building, wavering and shifting in the haze of its own self-contained ecosystem.
  2. While it’s certainly still working for him now—This Is Happening is, in all respects, LCD’s best album—it doesn’t take much to imagine the act becoming a tired gag a couple more albums down the line.
    What keeps Murphy from being an insufferable know-it-all is how he folds deeper emotions into his references....Older, snottier, his edge remains.