Time* Sex* Love*

No user score yet- Awaiting 1 more rating

Review this album

1. KLFord
    Jul 15, 2001
    This album is great, musically and lyrically. I went to see MCC earlier this week in Vancouver. She drew heavily from the album for the show. I hadn't heard any of the songs prior to the concert, but I was captivated by the ones I heard. I bought the CD the next day, and can't get the songs out of my head (not that I want to.) I was actually moved to tears by Someone Else's This album is great, musically and lyrically. I went to see MCC earlier this week in Vancouver. She drew heavily from the album for the show. I hadn't heard any of the songs prior to the concert, but I was captivated by the ones I heard. I bought the CD the next day, and can't get the songs out of my head (not that I want to.) I was actually moved to tears by Someone Else's Prayer, and The Dreaming Road. I can't say that that's ever happened to me before at a concert! Expand

1. She's always straddled musical genres, and Time*Sex*Love boasts a clear pop streak, with the influence of the Beach Boys evident on the harmonies of "Maybe World" and the string arrangements on "What Was It Like" and "King of Love."
  2. A landmark album that is Carpenter's best effort since 1994's Stones in the Road -- and, quite possibly, her best ever.
  3. This album - musically more extravagant, lyrically just as searching - takes its place at the shoulder of 1994's Stones In The Road as her best yet.