• Record Label: Capitol
7.6

Review this album

1. RG.
    Oct 26, 2007
    Very disappointing. Cannot understand why the B-boys have decided to separate their hip-hop personae from their instrumental side - that combination is what made them so interesting, fresh and innovative over the past decade and a half (longer, really), and it's absence is exactly what's made the last 2 CD's so boring.
  2. arnabm
    Mar 29, 2005
    compared to hello nasty, this is a really lazily done album. they sound old and tired on this one. sorry boys.
  3. Nathan
    Jan 23, 2005
    Very disappointing. Everything up to and including Ill Communication was great. Hello Nasty was alright, but this is just boring. The B-Boys need to bring back those who helped make their previous albums so funky and innovative.
  4. garenb
    Aug 18, 2004
    wow this sucked
  5. EricC
    Aug 3, 2004
    Worst album to date. I'd take it back if I could. :(
  6. briand
    Jun 19, 2004
    Worst Beastie album ever! They over do it with there anti-Bush lyrics, and the beats sound like they were made by Michael Moore. The Beasties should go back to being rappers and get out of politics.
  7. razLdazL
    Jun 17, 2004
    the political spin is hard to swallow - 'specially from the BBoys. Stick to fun rhymes and cool tunes and you'll do better the next time out (unless you're just past your prime and there's no going back)
  8. JamesM
    Jun 16, 2004
    I am a A1 B-boys fan. This album has nothing in it to intrest any pre-"Hello Nasty" fan. I listened to it 3 times, read the lyrics and "Ch-Check it Out" is the only one that was even Ok (probably because I laughed at the Video). I waited six years for something that sounded like it was recorded at my house on the weekend. This review is all I can do to get my $10.00 back.
  9. chuckyo
    Jun 16, 2004
    It sucks. I'm tired of rap in general. It's boring.

This formula wears thin over the 15 cuts here. [#27, p.137]
  2. Like Missy Elliott, the Beasties are reimagining hip-hop--what it was, what it is, what it can be. [12 Jun 2004, p.47]
  3. The Beastie Boys have always been at their best when gleefully rhyming and stealing from a variety of sources--both musically and lyrically--and the self-imposed adherence to hip hop traditionalism here, and indeed musically on the album as a whole, rather subdues their famously free-form sonic palette. [Jul 2004, p.108]