Trespassing - Adam Lambert
7.7

Review this album

1. May 15, 2012
    This album is everything I hoped it would be. The dance tracks make me want to shake my ass and the ballads make me want to weep. Perfect blend of emotion and delivery and Adam's voice is out of this world as usual. best album I've purchased all year.
  2. May 15, 2012
    Hands down the best pop album to emerge since The Fame. Like Gaga, Lambert shows that he not only possesses a killer instrument in his voice but also has the musicianship and musical know-how to turn out really intelligent pop and make this album a cut above. The combination of grinding, funky, dirty club beats, fresh, vibrant dance-your-ass off tunes and heart wrenching ballads thatHands down the best pop album to emerge since The Fame. Like Gaga, Lambert shows that he not only possesses a killer instrument in his voice but also has the musicianship and musical know-how to turn out really intelligent pop and make this album a cut above. The combination of grinding, funky, dirty club beats, fresh, vibrant dance-your-ass off tunes and heart wrenching ballads that strike a knowing blow to your heart somehow flow together as seamlessly as you could hope for. A welcome return to form for N.E.R.D's Pharrell Williams on title track Trespassing. Best track: Shady. Chic's Nile Rodgers lends a helping hand to make this Lambert and Sam Sparro penned track the stand-out on an album of, for the most part, superbly crafted tracks. Expand
  3. May 15, 2012
    Extremely strong, hella enjoyable album. It's front loaded with a raucous assortment of dance party ready tracks that run the gamut from strutting stomp clap anthems, down and dirty funk and pure pop candy. Midway the album takes a turn to the dark side, delving into some driving industrial sounds along with a couple heartwrenching emotional tracks. And despite the high quality and minuteExtremely strong, hella enjoyable album. It's front loaded with a raucous assortment of dance party ready tracks that run the gamut from strutting stomp clap anthems, down and dirty funk and pure pop candy. Midway the album takes a turn to the dark side, delving into some driving industrial sounds along with a couple heartwrenching emotional tracks. And despite the high quality and minute attention to detail in the production choices that is obvious throughout the entire run of songs, Adam Lambert's stunning vocals are the true star. His voice soars into the stratosphere, drops back down to a more earthy tone where you can practically hear him smiling with the pure joy of singing, then lowers to tender whisper. The whole album flows incredibly well from beginning to end, something quite rare in a pop record these days, taking the listener on a captivating journey.

Highly recommend this album.
  4. May 15, 2012
    This album is a true work of love and artistry. The pop banger's on the front half are dance party tunes, and the back half is loaded with ballads , some will grab your heart and make you cry, you can feel the pain. There is something for everyone on this album. It's fresh and current, and let's you hear Adams vocals upfront. There is no other artist like him in music right now.This album is a true work of love and artistry. The pop banger's on the front half are dance party tunes, and the back half is loaded with ballads , some will grab your heart and make you cry, you can feel the pain. There is something for everyone on this album. It's fresh and current, and let's you hear Adams vocals upfront. There is no other artist like him in music right now. The album is totally cohesive and takes you on a journey to trespass into his soul. Expand
  5. May 15, 2012
    This album does an amazing job of balancing retro style that are favorites to many and current pop sensibilities. Tracks to check out: Shady, Cuckoo, Broken English, Underneath, and Runnin'
  6. May 15, 2012
    This album makes me want to break out a thesaurus so I can use all the words to describe how much I love it. Yeah, that sounds over the top but it's true. I literally do not need to skip a single track which is very rare with any album. What's even rarer? Me going to a brick and mortar store to purchase an actual cd. And I did because that's how much I enjoy a pop album from someone whoThis album makes me want to break out a thesaurus so I can use all the words to describe how much I love it. Yeah, that sounds over the top but it's true. I literally do not need to skip a single track which is very rare with any album. What's even rarer? Me going to a brick and mortar store to purchase an actual cd. And I did because that's how much I enjoy a pop album from someone who can actually sing and not rely on computerized wizardry. It definitely reminds me of a time when pop artists had actual talent to rely on. The songs are solid, full of catchy hooks, insane vocals, attitude and a nice mix of substance and emotion with a nice dose of freak flag waving. Definitely be jammin to this for a long time. I hope everyone who likes mainstream pop music with a funky twist and almost indie like influences can check your preconceived notions at the door and give this album a try. Expand
  7. May 15, 2012
    Well done album. Better than I expected and I expected it to to be good. The fast songs lead into the slower side of the album effortless. The regular album ends on a very moving note with Outlaws of Love, and the deluxe album has the perfect encores. A lot of the songs on Trespassing are going to be my summer jams.
  8. May 15, 2012
    Not since Jackson's "Thriller" in the '80's have I heard such a superb pop/rock/dance delight! "Trespassing" has edge, soul,funky dance fever, grit, angst,swag, and finally, acceptance (In Nirvana, the closing track) If this album is ignored by radio at all.....there will be tough questions for PDs and DJs to answer, after spinning so much pop drivel all day as they do now. Like a fineNot since Jackson's "Thriller" in the '80's have I heard such a superb pop/rock/dance delight! "Trespassing" has edge, soul,funky dance fever, grit, angst,swag, and finally, acceptance (In Nirvana, the closing track) If this album is ignored by radio at all.....there will be tough questions for PDs and DJs to answer, after spinning so much pop drivel all day as they do now. Like a fine wine..this album deserves to be savored, tested and tasted before finally diving in for the unavoidable hedonistic pleasures that await.You may awake with a hangover but it will have been worth it. Expand
  9. May 15, 2012
    Flawlessly funky and full of dance inducing beats, there's plenty of emotion here too. Has me dancing, singing and crying in turn. Outlaws of Love will pull on your heart strings, while Shady is classic funk updated in the best possible way. A must have for pop/funk/dance fans everywhere.
  10. May 15, 2012
    The album is pure joy. Everything I love in a performer. First and foremost, the vocals. Adam's vocal ability is rare. He's done what your average pop star just can't do and he's managed to make everything current. I can't sit still when I listen to the first half of the album. The beats are so contagious and the production throughout is perfection. The second half really captures theThe album is pure joy. Everything I love in a performer. First and foremost, the vocals. Adam's vocal ability is rare. He's done what your average pop star just can't do and he's managed to make everything current. I can't sit still when I listen to the first half of the album. The beats are so contagious and the production throughout is perfection. The second half really captures the brilliance of his voice. It stirs emotions and tears at the heart, in the best possible way. He really makes me feel the lyrics. It feels so personal.
    It's cohesive, balanced and so enjoyable. It makes me happy. The album is more than I dreamed an album could ever be. At last.......
  11. May 15, 2012
    This album is what For Your Entertainment wanted to be when it grew up and probably SAdam, when he grew up as an artist.

There is not one tract on it I have skipped past. There are several standout tracks such as 'Shady' ft Nile Rogers and Sam Sparro, 'Trespassing', 'Cuckoo', 'Never Close Our Eyes', 'Chokehold' and I could go on. However...'Underneath' is perfection and heartbreak in the

There is not one tract on it I have skipped past.

There are several standout tracks such as 'Shady' ft Nile Rogers and Sam Sparro, 'Trespassing', 'Cuckoo', 'Never Close Our Eyes', 'Chokehold' and I could go on. However...'Underneath' is perfection and heartbreak in the form of a song.

In closing... Well played, sir...well played
  12. May 15, 2012
    Favorite Pop album since Gaga's 2008 The Fame! With songs like Pop That Lock, Naked Love, Cuckoo, and Kickin In it has the fun of a Gaga album. Then the lyrical content of Chokehold, Broken English, Runnin, & Underneath adds the sophistication of a P!NK album! And oh the funk of Shady! All tied together with that amazing voice! Wow!
  13. May 15, 2012
    Trespassing has far exceeded my expectations, without a doubt the hottest thing to happen to pop music in many years. Every single track is flawlessly produced and they all flow so well together. The first half of the album is full of fun, funky and upbeat songs that are sure to get you out of your seat and dancing. The second half is filled with mellow, moody and sometimes dark tracksTrespassing has far exceeded my expectations, without a doubt the hottest thing to happen to pop music in many years. Every single track is flawlessly produced and they all flow so well together. The first half of the album is full of fun, funky and upbeat songs that are sure to get you out of your seat and dancing. The second half is filled with mellow, moody and sometimes dark tracks that I think every single one of us can relate to in one way or another. There is not one song on this album that I would say I don't like, amazing from start to finish. Expand
  14. May 15, 2012
    This is a brilliant album from start to finish. Each track highlights Adam's vocals in its own special way. From funky to fabulous, from partying to the slower, softer ballads, this album is the work of an amazing artist.
  15. May 15, 2012
    This album is the best I have heard this year. The vocals are superb. The dance numbers are engaging & make me get up and dance. The ballads are so beautifully performed that they bring the listener into the very heart of the emotion of the songs. The mixture of songs is artfully balanced. The CD has been on repeat in my home since it was purchased. Can't get enough of it.
  16. May 15, 2012
    This album exceeded my expectations. From the fun upbeat songs; Shady, Cuckoo, Kickin In and Naked Love to the emotional ballads: Underneath and Outlaws of Love and everything in between there is amazing cohesion that is sometimes lacking when you have so many great songs on one CD. There is no one song I don't like. And as always his voice is spectacular.
  17. May 15, 2012
    Lambert simply has the finest voice in pop music today. And he has the intelligence and skill to present it in mesmerizing performances. "Trespassing" is a truly great album - irresistible.
  18. May 15, 2012
    Fantastic pop album with male vocals unheard of in this genre. Great contrast between upbeat dance/funk first half that flows beautifully into the darker introspective second half. An added surprise are the 3 bonus tracks found on the deluxe edition. This one is a must buy.
  19. May 15, 2012
    This CD has been expertly produced. The songs are relevant, the voice is immaculate, the beat is irresistible, and the emotion goes straight to your heart. Set to be a world wide success, better get your copy now before they get sold out.
  20. May 15, 2012
    Very few albums I like on first spin. Sometimes I have to hear the songs several times before they grow on me or they never do at all. Three albums over the past few years I have liked at first spin Lady GaGa's Monster, Adele's 21 and Adam Lambert's Trespassing. The songs on this album have great hooks in them and I find they are stuck in my head.
  21. May 15, 2012
    This is one outstanding Pop album and truly has me wanting to listen over and over. It takes you from a great funk, dance spectacle through a journey into heart grabbing ballads which are stunning. Adam's vocals shine, are flawless and his range phenomenal. Best album I've purchased this year.
  22. May 15, 2012
    Trespassing has far exceeded any expectations I may have had. It is stellar! Each song is a superb escape. Adam Lambert has emerged as a true artist with this album. Executive producer, singer, song-writer. Best music I have purchased in a long time. This album will be on repeat for a long time. My standout tracks are Runnin', Kickin In, Pop That Lock, Shady, Trespassing. Seriously, itsTrespassing has far exceeded any expectations I may have had. It is stellar! Each song is a superb escape. Adam Lambert has emerged as a true artist with this album. Executive producer, singer, song-writer. Best music I have purchased in a long time. This album will be on repeat for a long time. My standout tracks are Runnin', Kickin In, Pop That Lock, Shady, Trespassing. Seriously, its that good. Great job Adam! Expand
  23. May 15, 2012
    At first listen loved 12 of the 15 songs, by third listen loved them all. Keep changing my mind but think Underneath is No 1, very special! All dance tunes are fine, Adam has put his finger on today's pop dance scene while still showcasing his wonderful versatile voice. He listened to us fans who said "too much electronics" and has incorporated just the right amount to soundAt first listen loved 12 of the 15 songs, by third listen loved them all. Keep changing my mind but think Underneath is No 1, very special! All dance tunes are fine, Adam has put his finger on today's pop dance scene while still showcasing his wonderful versatile voice. He listened to us fans who said "too much electronics" and has incorporated just the right amount to sound contemporary. Many songs tug at the heartstrings as well. The production team is superb also. Expand
  24. May 15, 2012
    I loved the funky songs on this album. The first half just wants to make you dance. The second half is very reflective and his voice just soars. One of the few albums I have purchases this year and most certainly the best. POP with breathtaking vocals, one of a kind.
  25. May 15, 2012
    It's a rare thing to like every song on an album, and even more rare to find a cohesive framework and well polished sound throughout. Trespassing is one of those rare finds. The album's first half of funky fierce fun dance tracks is balanced by the dynamic and angsty second half, leaving you eager to go back and listen all over again.
  26. May 16, 2012
    I am so floored by this album! Some of the songs already feel like old friends and others are so new and full of hidden depths. Adam has taken for his subject nothing less than one long overwhelming late-night confession of fear and love. And he has succeeded wildly.

Trespassing is simplicity at its finest with no filler. There is genuine beauty to every urgent line of this record, and it sounds so glorious it is impossible not to feel buoyant when listening to it.

Most importantly Adam has found his voice. The title track, Trespassing, opens the album with a declaration of muscular resolve. No dream seems unrealistic and no amount of bravado seems out of place. This is the kind of song that shelters your fears and makes you stronger. It sets the tempo for a rare and wondrous adventure.

The sway and drive of this music fills you with yearning and hope, from humor-laced, hedonistic escapes like "Shady" and "Kickin In" to devastating epics like "Outlaws of Love." In between are party anthems like "Cuckoo," "Naked Love," and "Never Close Our Eyes," the bombast and swagger of "Pop That Lock," and intensely emotional songs like "Better Than I Know Myself," "Broken English," "Chokehold," and all three bonus tracks.

Ultimately, though, Trespassing is defined by one lyric, "Welcome to my world of truth." "Underneath" speaks of what happens when you are brought up to be full of love and the world doesn't love you back. Do you become jaded and cynical? Or do you find redemptive power? Because even here, flowing beneath the heart-breaking "red river of screams" there are glimmers of hope ("such a beautiful release / you inside of me").

With Trespassing, Adam has taken the stand that anything is possible if we are not too terrified to let our emotions flow forth. He has left nothing on the field. Trespassing is an emotional inferno that leaves you with fire in your heart and tears in your eyes.
  27. Jun 24, 2012
    An interesting and beautiful album, until now, one of the best albums of the year, good in the vocals, good lyrics and correct edition. I'm so proud of Adam, a good movement in the good direction. Congratulations...!!!!!!
  28. Jun 30, 2012
    The new album by Adam Lambert is what one would hear the sound going up in the car, the music issue! There is nothing beautiful Trespassing, but I must give credit to the team behind the album of Lambert. Those ui loved For Your Entertaiment will love and others forget it.
  29. May 15, 2012
    Amazing, fun, pop album, with just the right balance of emotion, Executive Produced by Lambert himself. Flawless production makes for fantastic beats that still allow the incredible vocals to be showcased. From liberating dance anthems to personal ballads, Trespassing proves that not only can Adam sing, he also knows music.
  30. May 15, 2012
    This album exceeded my expectations, and they were sky-high. I love the new funky direction Adam has taken, and the songs really showcase his voice while still sounding fresh and modern. The darker side of the album is emotionally raw, and his vocals are unmatched. Superb production throughout.

1. Jul 27, 2012
    Trespassing is magnificent is its competence, but sadly, it doesn't appear to have an actual beating heart in it anywhere. [Aug 2012, p.102]
  2. Jul 6, 2012
    If few of the songs are classics, his octave-leaping voice is often a showstopper.
    Trespassing isn't a totally cogent statement. Lambert suffers from a lack of restraint, while the second half of the album lags. But you have to admire Lambert's ability to go over the top and then ratchet higher still.