7.2

Review this album

1. Mar 24, 2013
    Bruno Mars Has Proven With This Album That He Has The Writing Skills And The Voice To Make One Of The Best Albums Of 2012!
  2. Nov 11, 2013
    New reviewer reviewing my top cds of 2013 what can you say about bruno mars true brilliance, rock, r&b, etc. he has a prince feel on one song and an old school r&b feel on another rock and sting are present i think he is one of the most intiguing and brilliant artists of our century.
  3. Nov 1, 2013
    I'm no Bruno Mars fan but this album is pretty well done. Locked Out of Heaven, When I Was Your Man and Treasure are two songs that should never be left out of any top songs of 2013 list.
  4. Jun 20, 2014
    Conseguiu ser pior que o primeiro,tem 1 boa música e outras 2 medianas.
    Não sei por que inssistem e por ele num pedestal que ele realmente não merece estar.
  5. May 8, 2013
    Just listened to the entire album. I really enjoyed it. Short and sweet and to the point. Very well done. Every song is worth listening to as there are only 11 songs with such variation and there isn't one that is "skippable". Each song tells a story coherently which is something that Frank Ocean may have lacked for me.
  6. Oct 7, 2014
    Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than the first. Catchy songs, he got this control in his songs that any artist should have. Keep goind Bruno, we are with you!
  7. Mar 11, 2013
    Bruno Mars strikes back with an even better sounding album than before, fans like me should be really pleased.
  8. Jan 6, 2013
    The current king of 'sappy love songs' is back! His songs are infectious, designed to leave girls 'swooning', giving wedding singers worldwide enough material to sing until Mars' next album. His trademark vocal is back, and while it doesn't have as single as strong as his previous effort, it will still be a big hit worldwide.
  9. Dec 17, 2013
    TWO GREAT SONGS won't make a good album. I think Locked out of heaven is one of the best songs this year, and the video is amazing, very energetic and FUN. Too bad the rest of the album is cheesy and slow. Money make her smile is veeeery Michael Jackson and i really like the song, but other than that. Very bland unispired pop fillers.
  10. Jan 4, 2013
    Bruno Mars has delivered an enjoyable, nostalgia dripping sophomore effort that surpasses his first album by a mile. While he still has room to grow (he could at least try to be more original), Bruno has proven that he is a talented tribute act and has much more up his sleeve for the future.
  11. Dec 11, 2012
    After listening to this record, I can easily say that Bruno Mars is one of the best musicians we have today. Unorthdox Jukebox is a pile of diversity and is equally mind-blowing. He took a huge risk this time and it really got paid off. His voice has improved, his songs sound more mature now, he has incorporated almost every genre on this album we know would better suit his voice. BestAfter listening to this record, I can easily say that Bruno Mars is one of the best musicians we have today. Unorthdox Jukebox is a pile of diversity and is equally mind-blowing. He took a huge risk this time and it really got paid off. His voice has improved, his songs sound more mature now, he has incorporated almost every genre on this album we know would better suit his voice. Best thing about this album is that how original and fresh it sounds, every song on the record has its own powerful yet soothing melody which is very rare these days. I love almost all the songs on this record but my favorites are "Moonshine", "Gorilla", "Locked Out of Heaven", "Natalie" and "If I Knew". Every song on the record is worth listening to, and I must say that Bruno Mars has surprised me again. Expand
  12. Dec 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bruno Mars got a lot of talent, and this album show it very well. Unorthodox Jukebox is in my opinion, much better than his first album. Some songs are absolutely amazing like "Young Girls" and "Moonshine". "Gorilla" is a very good noddy song and of course, all the songs of the album show the great Bruno's voice. I was not a very big Bruno Mars fan, now i think that I started to be. Expand
  13. May 12, 2013
    This album is amazing. I have the whole album,l and I believe it's the only whole album I digitally have. He really has nice singles and puts out great music for any format, like Pop, Rhythmic, AC, HAC, and sometimes even Country (Just The Way You Are, imo). I hope he keeps on releasing music that sounds like these 2 albums because then he will have way more success than he is alreadyThis album is amazing. I have the whole album,l and I believe it's the only whole album I digitally have. He really has nice singles and puts out great music for any format, like Pop, Rhythmic, AC, HAC, and sometimes even Country (Just The Way You Are, imo). I hope he keeps on releasing music that sounds like these 2 albums because then he will have way more success than he is already having. I recommend this album. Expand
  14. Mar 30, 2013
    Talvez o CD seja muito bom, mas não como o seu CD de estreia Doo Wops & Hooligans, consegui sentir a vibe positiva contida nas letras e no ritmo quase anos 80, pra mim uma pena que Unorthodox Jukebox quase totalmente como uma balada porque músicas como Locked Out Of Heaven são muito vendiveis
  15. Dec 13, 2012
    Bruno Mars - Unorthodox Juxebox:

Bruno Mars - Unorthodox Juxebox:

1. Young Girls: Amazing start. 10/10! 2. Locked Out Of Heaven: The first single. Fast and danceable: 10/10! 3.Gorilla: I love the drums on this song 9/10! 4.Treasure: Disco-Feeling! 8/10! 5.Moonshine: I don't like this song so much. Sorry 5/10! 6.When I Was Your Man: Amazing ballad! 10/10! 7.Natalie: And the next wonderful song 10/10. 8. Show Me: Reggae!! 9/10

9.Money Make Her Smile: Not my favorite song. It sounds like Lady Gaga 4/10

10: If I Knew: Final Highlight 10/10

--> 8.5 points = 9 points. Nice work!
  16. Dec 11, 2012
    It's musically different; it's more focused on an organic style, and it does have have accompanying piano ballads that are okay. But here's the thing: the lyricism is the exact same thing as the last time, no show of development whatsoever. Same love ballads trying to appeal to crowds, same undeveloped character. Still emphasizing on what's become so mainstream. It's only good musically.It's musically different; it's more focused on an organic style, and it does have have accompanying piano ballads that are okay. But here's the thing: the lyricism is the exact same thing as the last time, no show of development whatsoever. Same love ballads trying to appeal to crowds, same undeveloped character. Still emphasizing on what's become so mainstream. It's only good musically. If it was a bunch of instrumentals or unconventional crazy lyricism, it would have been better, but it's not. Poor choices. Poor choices. It isn't bad, but it's no good. Expand
  17. Nov 3, 2013
    Bruno when he did doo wops and hooligans. After hearing I thought he had great potential. So I was pretty excited for this album. And his voice has matured definatly. This might not be the most perfect album. But it's a great step up. Songs like locked out of heaven, gorilla, and Natalie his voice really shows. And there is so much different genres. We have the poppy treasure. The ReggieBruno when he did doo wops and hooligans. After hearing I thought he had great potential. So I was pretty excited for this album. And his voice has matured definatly. This might not be the most perfect album. But it's a great step up. Songs like locked out of heaven, gorilla, and Natalie his voice really shows. And there is so much different genres. We have the poppy treasure. The Reggie show me. The slower when I was your man. And the bluesy if I knew. So in conclusion Bruno gives the best of his career Expand
  18. Jan 5, 2013
    this album is one of best albums in 2012 , he gave to me very soul , pop , r&b and awesome music in this album and very good choice to this album singles
  19. Dec 18, 2012
    The music is mediocre and the lyrics suck. I wish they would have tried something new other than the same old ballads off the last album. Something less generic and more punchy. Too bad.
  20. Dec 11, 2012
    Bruno Mars has proven with this album that he is not a one-trick-pony. If you did not like his first album, I urge you to give Unorthodox Jukebox a chance. There are so many different styles on this album, that it never becomes stale or boring. He has taken the risky path that not many choose to take with a sophmore album, but it paid off big time.
  21. Jul 24, 2013
    The music is still deliberately derivative yet fun and unshakeable, and the lyrics are still unpretentiously simple and ring with a truth that many can identify with.

With this album, Bruno Mars proves to naysayers that he is here to stay.
  22. Jan 19, 2013
    Ah, Mr. Mars' sophomore album. The instrumentation is very diverse, going from synth-pop 80s style ("Moonshine"), to reggae-rock Police-style ("Locked Out Of Heaven"), to Caribbean driven rhythms ("Show Me"). However, the subject matter is still the same: Girls. It's the same commercial stuff he's been putting out since his first album. I know he could do SO MUCH BETTER than what he'sAh, Mr. Mars' sophomore album. The instrumentation is very diverse, going from synth-pop 80s style ("Moonshine"), to reggae-rock Police-style ("Locked Out Of Heaven"), to Caribbean driven rhythms ("Show Me"). However, the subject matter is still the same: Girls. It's the same commercial stuff he's been putting out since his first album. I know he could do SO MUCH BETTER than what he's doing, although I still like the album, Bruno needs to branch out lyrics-wise, and we'll see what he can do for his third album. Expand
  23. Mar 3, 2014
    Just a really good album. The beats are awesome. My two favorite tracks: Treasure and Natalie The one I could have done without Show Me. I give this album a 9 out of 10. Thanks for reading.
  24. Dec 11, 2012
    When bruno mars first came out i swore...i found his first single a bit mediocre! i was like...mehh...couldn't care less! then i heard billionare and i found d song interesting having recognised his face as well. but then i was introduced 2 Count and me and fell in love! so i gave the guy a chance on his first record ''doo wops and hooligans"! and to my surprise i actually enjoyed it! soWhen bruno mars first came out i swore...i found his first single a bit mediocre! i was like...mehh...couldn't care less! then i heard billionare and i found d song interesting having recognised his face as well. but then i was introduced 2 Count and me and fell in love! so i gave the guy a chance on his first record ''doo wops and hooligans"! and to my surprise i actually enjoyed it! so when i heard he had a follow up i followed his every single release curiously to see if he could up the ante and deliver something even better than his breakout smash! and boy did he deliver! unorthodox is probably one of the best album i have heard this year and an addition to my favorites list! Is he original? no...u can play guess the singer he's imitating on most songs(moonshine-micheal jackson, when i was your man-elton john, etc). but man is he a good mime...making his imitations his very entertaining! Agreed that he is one of the best musicians we have in our time to give it some dignity(john mayer, adelle, frank ocean, miguel kanye west to name a few) definetly a buy....and he deserves some grammies too! Expand
  25. Dec 12, 2012
    I wish everyone would stop giving reviews that are 10s and 1s, very few things are either perfect or abysmal. The numbers 2-9 do exist. I digress.

The album is certainly different, and unique, not what his first album was, and that probably has to do with having more control over what he can and can't sing about. Locked Out of Heaven is the obvious hit, but other songs like Moonshine, When I was Your Man and Natalie are all just as good, and potential hits. It's a really good sophomore album. Where others have failed, Bruno Mars has succeeded.
  26. Dec 15, 2012
    An unbelievable Sophomore album.

An unbelievable Sophomore album.

Sophomore Struggle? Forget about it. This is a quality, cohesive album that is very clearly inspired by the generations before Mr Mars, and it's not a bad thing in any sense of the word. The album is not as poppy as the first album, but I feel he has risked relevancy in pop to create a true piece of art. Even the most uptempo songs on the album aren't very fast. It's a sharp departure from his previous work but still has the Bruno signature sounds.

I wasn't a massive fan of his when he released "Doo Wops and Hooligans" but I appreciated the album and liked the singles he released. This album has absolutely blown me away, though. There are no obvious singles on the album, for me, but I'd prefer if he didn't even release any. The current pop scene doesn't deserve such effortlessly incredible music. This album has definitely made a fan out of me, and I've had it on repeat since I first heard it.
  27. Dec 13, 2012
    Bruno Mars does no wrong!!! , Once again Bruno Mars succeeds to go above and beyond and make an outstanding album!! This is even better than his first album ( and that is tough title to beat!! ) but he did it, Im amazed!!
  28. Dec 3, 2013
    Peter Gene should pay me for listening to this album because I don't have enough money to repair all the damage that these horrible songs caused in my ears.
  29. Feb 3, 2014
    On his second album Bruno Mars displays his very conceptual and artistic side as far as the song writing goes but unfortunately when it comes to the lyrics beside some extremely catchy hooks, I wasn't completely sold on the lyrics. This defiantly doesn't cut the album short from being wonderful to me. I feel the same way about Unorthodox Jukebox the same way I feel about Thriller byOn his second album Bruno Mars displays his very conceptual and artistic side as far as the song writing goes but unfortunately when it comes to the lyrics beside some extremely catchy hooks, I wasn't completely sold on the lyrics. This defiantly doesn't cut the album short from being wonderful to me. I feel the same way about Unorthodox Jukebox the same way I feel about Thriller by Michael Jackson or Take Care by Drake. Of course nearly half of these albums have been played over and over again nearly to the point of annoyance on our local pop radio stations. Along with the youngsters that attempt to recreate these songs with grace at our local high school talent shows but simply can't measure up to the pure passion that these artist sing with. Bruno Mars really put together a polished, fantastically sung album full of groovy strong instrumentation. Don't let all of the folks who compare Bruno Mars to other pop acts fool you this guy has got a huge amount of talent and crafted a purely triumphant album in my opinion. Expand
  30. Dec 11, 2012
    this is the album i waited for well done bruno! many different styles on this album, that it never becomes boring. He has taken the risky path that not many choose to take with a sophmore album, but it paid off big time.
    Give this album a chance

1. Jan 3, 2013
    His second album is the same conventional mish-mash as his 6m-selling debut.
  2. Dec 21, 2012
    Too many of the tracks seem more like very good imitations of song types than like actual songs.
  3. Dec 18, 2012
    He's an undeniable talent, desperately searching for an identity to claim as his own.