Woman - Rhye
8.2

Review this album

1. Mar 16, 2013
    It´s amazing to see that reviewers are comparing Milosh´s voice a man) to Sade´s one without being amazed about it! The perfect example that shows that the concept of genders does not really exist nowadays. But, taking apart the similarities with Sade´s earlier works and her smooth ability to sing love as nobody did it until today, this project is a sort of what Sade could have done ultimately with a more organic and warm instrumentation. These guys are inspired by someone who certainly impacted them when they were teenagers, the only ex-model that really managed to have some credibility as a sensual and awesome singer. I don´t think that they´ve only reproduced what flipped them out. They are the owners of a special sound, sensual as the one that nobody managed to reach until now. Rhye exists, it´s for real and their concert for the boilery ballroom proves that they are not a counterfeit! Expand
  2. Mar 8, 2013
    Soothing vocals, you can hardly believe it's a man singing. It's a very sensual and relaxing album, but there are also catchy choruses. Without a doubt one of the best we'll hear this year!!!!
  3. Mar 7, 2013
    White boy does an amazing impression of Sade. However, every single Sade album is beautiful, whereas the longer you listen to Woman the more you want to turn off the copy and listen to the original. SO DO YOURSELF A FAVOR: listen to some Sade and make a baby tonight.
  4. Jul 26, 2013
    From the first time I saw the cover for Woman, I told myself I'm listening to this album immediately. t didn't take me long to fully fall in love with this record. It's a quick, half an hour gem that holds some of the most beautiful, potent indie pop music I've heard in quite some time. The sounds are slightly minimal, but very smooth and jazzy, while the vocals are incredibly stunning. Every tracks holds it's own ans as a full album sounds very cohesive and structured perfectly.

All In All, Rhye craft a fantastic debut record. It's refreshing and sometimes simple, yet utterly captivating. A-
  5. May 15, 2013
    The amazing opener and follow up to this album "Open" and "The Fall" are two of the best songs released so far this year. While the rest of the album pales in comparison to those two bar-setters, the beautiful, androgynous chill of the lead singer carries the songs, as the instrumentation can feel cluttered from intrusive beats and unnecessary sonic touches. Yet when the finished music is this beautiful, it's hard to complain with the results. Expand
  6. Mar 22, 2013
    A beautiful, elegant album. The attention given to Milosh's voice is well deserved; I sought confirmation from several sources upon hearing a man was performing.
  7. Mar 25, 2013
    Hip hip hip! Soulful and melodic, Rhye has done it. Probably the best R&B/Indie album yet. And a man's voice, comparing to Sade, wow! I love this guy's music. Buy it now!
  8. Mar 30, 2013
    Once and a while a new artist comes along that seems to have the soul of another established artist within him or her. Karen O. from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs has some Siouxsie in her; The Weeknd has some Michael Jackson in him; and now, we can see that Mike Milosh clearly has some Sade in him. Regardless of the comparison, this is an unbelievable debut album from thie LA-based duo. It's surprisingly mature and well-thought for a debut. Woman is a nice break from all the other newer generation music that's launching and an excellent addition to the LA sound. I wouldn't be surprised if Rhye soon becomes known as US-Sade. Expand

1. Jul 15, 2013
    While some songs are utterly slow paced, they are obscured by the strength of the aforementioned tracks as well as “The Fall” and “Last Dance.”
  2. Mar 29, 2013
    Even if this [air of refined sophistication] can occasionally make Women feel a little bloodless, you have to marvel at the exquisite execution. [May 2013, p.76]
  3. Mar 22, 2013
    Woman may struggle for consistency over the course of 35 minutes, but it's a bewitching enough listen to justify the buzz that follows its creators. [Mar-Apr 2013, p.94]