Yours, Mine & Ours

8.7

Review this album

1. Joe
    Jun 5, 2003
    Less sweeping, more intimate then "The World Won't End." I'm starting to believe that the Pernice Brothers might write the prettiest pop songs right now.
  2. christophern
    Jun 10, 2003
    Probably the best indie-pop album of the past 5 years, definitely one of the best of 2003.
  3. LJ
    Mar 30, 2007
    Another brilliant album by the Pernice Brothers and it's probably there best work to date!
  4. KevinO.
    Jun 10, 2003
    The best yet in a line of stand-outs, extremely consistent. Get "Overcome by happiness" too. Now.
  5. RussellF
    Jun 12, 2003
    Another great album from Joe Pernice and company. I feel sorry for all those people who have not yet had the pleasure of hearing this truly great singer/songwriter.
  6. JimR
    Jun 5, 2003
    Best CD released so far this year.
  7. matta
    May 27, 2005
    I rarley give a 10, but there really is not a single bad track on here. I feel bad for Joe Pernice though, because every cd that he puts out is incredible and he can only decide a few singles (although every song is worthy) for each one. Can't wait for his next one.
  8. AC
    Mar 30, 2007
    Once again, Joe & Company prove why there one of the most reliable bands around. And there 3rd LP "Yours, Mine & Ours" proves my point. No wonder this has a 88 on metacritc, it's a beauiful record & joy to listen to. Joe Pernice has to be one of the best song writers in the music industry, right now. I don't know if "Yours, Mine & Ours" is not my favorite of their's, Once again, Joe & Company prove why there one of the most reliable bands around. And there 3rd LP "Yours, Mine & Ours" proves my point. No wonder this has a 88 on metacritc, it's a beauiful record & joy to listen to. Joe Pernice has to be one of the best song writers in the music industry, right now. I don't know if "Yours, Mine & Ours" is not my favorite of their's, it's probably "Discover A Lovelier You" but YMO isn't too far behind, I don't there both probably neck & neck for first. Anway, this album has tons & tons gems, for example-- One Foot in the Grave, Baby in Two, Blinded by the Stars, The Weakest Shade of Blue & Sometimes I Remember. Overall, great album and one of the best of 05. Expand
  9. TrekB
    Mar 30, 2007
    A pop masterpiece. I can listen to this over and over again. Very few albums have that effect on me. Pernice Brothers are the most underrated band in the world.
  10. MikeJ
    Apr 11, 2007
    Some of the the most genuine, uplifing and feel good music I've heard in years! Thank you guys for this wonderful album!
  11. ChrisS
    Jul 15, 2003
    No single track dominates like "Crestfallen" or "Monkey Suit" did on Overcome By Happiness; or "Let That Show" or "Working Girls (Sunlight Shines)" on The World Won't End. But the record is *extremely* consistent that demands a listen front-to-back. Pernice is one of the greatest songwriters out there today. Great record.
  12. RocoB
    Apr 21, 2007
    One of my all-time favorite albums.

A monumental record from a towering talent. [#59, p.103]
  2. Yours, Mine, and Ours is a fantastic album. In fact, it's one of the best things I've heard so far this year. On the other hand, I can count at least three other albums that bear the Joe Pernice stamp that are better than this.
  3. The 10 tracks are hands down the most irresistible pop music you'll hear this year.