- Summary: Bayonetta is a stylish and cinematic action game directed by creator Hideki Kamiya. A member of an ancient witch clan and possessing powers beyond the comprehension of mere mortals, Bayonetta faces-off against countless ethereal enemies, many reaching epic proportions, in a game of 100%Bayonetta is a stylish and cinematic action game directed by creator Hideki Kamiya. A member of an ancient witch clan and possessing powers beyond the comprehension of mere mortals, Bayonetta faces-off against countless ethereal enemies, many reaching epic proportions, in a game of 100% pure, unadulterated all-out action. Outlandish finishing moves are performed with balletic grace as Bayonetta flows from one fight to another. With over-the-top action taking place in stages that are a veritable theme park of exciting attractions, Bayonetta pushes the limits of the action genre, bringing to life its fast-paced, dynamic climax combat. [Sega]… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Bayonetta - PC Launch Trailer
Pelit (Finland)A positively over-the-top beat 'em up -adventure. The battles are simply stunning - sexy, bloody, brutal and above all: fun. [Jan 2010]
An action game fan’s wet dream. Despite a derivative structure and a few technical stumbles—like occasional slowdown and frequent screen tearing—Bayonetta takes everything that’s good about every other combo-heavy action game, cranks up the intensity, fine tunes the combat, and bundles it in a single, sexy, “au naturel” package.
Bayonetta on the PS3 is a rather bad version of a pretty good fighting game. The graphics are both slower and less crisp than its Xbox 360 counterpart, but the worst thing of all is the incredibly long loading times between levels, between cut scenes, while entering menus - and even whilst picking up objects.
SavannahH.Jan 10, 2010i really enjoyed playing through this and i am soo happy i finished it. i love the variety of moves and enemies so it never gets boring. when i really enjoyed playing through this and i am soo happy i finished it. i love the variety of moves and enemies so it never gets boring. when i heard it was by the same makers of Devil May Cry i believed they would not be able to top Devil May Cry. I have it on the PS3 and the Loading times were not as annoying as everyone said they were but it does make me a little upset that they got lazy when converting it to the PS3. the bosses were crazy but awesome and i would recommend this for anyone. i will defiantly play this game again and try and get all the trophies.… Expand
RomuloD.Jan 10, 2010Bayonetta is sexy and stylish. I never thought I would like a game so much.
Feb 5, 2017Even though it is not as good as Devil May Cry -just to mention one possible competitor-, BAYONETTA is still a great action game that any fanEven though it is not as good as Devil May Cry -just to mention one possible competitor-, BAYONETTA is still a great action game that any fan of these games ought to play.
The game is probably a conjunction of strengths (intense and direct gameplay, the design, the BSO...) and weaknesses (mainly some technical issues). However, as a whole, I consider it doubtlessly worth playing. I ended up enjoying it very much.
In terms of entertainment, i am convinced it is a solid 9.… Expand
May 11, 2015I played this through three times consecutively; on Normal, Easy and Hard. Normal is a good challenge, Easy is far too easy (where the gameI played this through three times consecutively; on Normal, Easy and Hard. Normal is a good challenge, Easy is far too easy (where the game practically plays itself regardless of what button you press) and Hard is as hard as a bag of nails.
Anyway, Bayonetta is a wonderfully OTT button masher, gameplay is similar to the Devil May Cry and God of War games. I thought the tone was hysterical; a mash-up of camp, cheesecake and Japanese weirdness. I loved the bossfights, music and combat especially, however the game has a few problems: loading times are awful, reloading a failed section takes far too long, it even takes an unreasonable amount of time to open a menu or even for item descriptions to appear on pickup. There is an install option, but never tried it so can't report how much that improves things. The camera is a not great, never seems to be where its needed and often obscures enemy movements when it's damn essential you get the timing 100% right. Also will game-over the player upon failing a QTE, I f**king hate QTEs.
Loved the game anyway. "I should have been a pole-dancer!!"… Expand
Jun 13, 2014A very good hack and slash game, the story is alright, but tends to get abit akward at times, the characters are however good and i felt thatA very good hack and slash game, the story is alright, but tends to get abit akward at times, the characters are however good and i felt that Bayonetta was a real bad ass lead, and that Luka was a really good supporting character.
The game holds a really cool combo system which and im sure any hack and slash fan will find it interesting.
I however felt that the game had to many endings. Don't get me wrong, there is just one ending, but there where at least 3-4 four times i believed that the game was over and that i've finally beaten it, just to show that there is another boss awaiting just after the cut scene, the game can be quiet unforgiving even at the "Normal" setting, but anyone who likes a challenge should be up for it.… Expand
Sep 5, 2015I rate this game based on DMC3 & DMC4, so maybe it is not fair, and it is just personal.
- Combo System. I just don't like it. You get yourI rate this game based on DMC3 & DMC4, so maybe it is not fair, and it is just personal.
- Combo System. I just don't like it. You get your combos by mixing triangle and circle, and the rhythm of input. Yeah I hate it 'cause I suck at it. I just cannot get the right rhythm, so I feel frustrated when I can't control the action.
- Enemy Super Armor. Nearly every enemy has super armor, it is so hard to control them. Yes you can cancel an animation with dodge and trigger witch time, I just feel unresponsive when fighting lots of super armor guys who are immune to normal attacks.
- Enemy Combo. Yes enemies have combos and are very deadly, take half of your life with one combo. It is like fighting two DT Virgil at the same time.
- Mana. You lost your mana when you get hit... Hell if I lost mana in DMC I will lost my mind.
- Fall damage. This is an action game, let me focus on fighting instead of jumping like super Mario.
- Item Price. I hardly bought anything with one playthrough.
- QTE. Damn it, I hate QTE when fighting bosses! Especially when you miss one, the boss regain health... what the hell.
- Last two bosses. They try to give these two bosses epic ending, but when you fail, you just die for no good reason, Jesus...
- The SHOOTING chapter. Oh come on, it maybe fun when you first play it, but I was expecting a game I can play dozens of times, this chapter is horrible to me. As an action game, you shouldn't design for fun, you design it short and clean so we can repeatedly play.
- Skip the cutscene is a pain in the ass
- Climax. Another reason I don't want to challenge this game repeatedly. I just prefer neat action games.
Everything I complained about this game, you might love about it. So if it is offensive to you, I am sorry.… Expand
Sep 20, 2014bayonetta puo essere tranquillamente il nuovo sinonimo di sopravvalutato è un titolo mediocre spacciato per capolavoro con una tramabayonetta puo essere tranquillamente il nuovo sinonimo di sopravvalutato è un titolo mediocre spacciato per capolavoro con una trama inesistente e una protagonista ODIOSA e stupida meglio dedicarsi ad altro.… Expand