Amnesiac

8.8

Review this album

1. noway
    Jul 12, 2006
    "It is obvious that reviewers listening to "a record of B sides" have little comprehension of what is truely interesting and intuitive music." HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. that review is the funniest thing i've read all day; it reminds me of why i hate 85% of radiohead's fans. you know, the ones who write intense, poorly articulated arguments putting down everyone who doesn't think that "It is obvious that reviewers listening to "a record of B sides" have little comprehension of what is truely interesting and intuitive music." HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. that review is the funniest thing i've read all day; it reminds me of why i hate 85% of radiohead's fans. you know, the ones who write intense, poorly articulated arguments putting down everyone who doesn't think that everything thom & the band puts out is pure genius (sans 'pablo honey', of course). having said that, amnesiac is the weakest link in radiohead's otherwise impressive catalog. Expand
    Aug 2, 2005
    I dont know why every liked this album so much. I've tried and tried and tried to find its saving grace, but I just can't. There are maybe one or two songs that I enjoy, but other than that, I can't seem to find any others.
  3. NormanCupidChapstick
    Aug 24, 2001
    The worst album ever. 'No-one has made an album like this before' - and now you know why - cos it sucks. I'm not a guitar only music listner either - I have lots of material my electronic bands like Salaryman etc who make fine music but this dire. Pyramid song is ok and Knives out is slightly memorable but the rest stinks of shit. Radiohead have lost it -they should be The worst album ever. 'No-one has made an album like this before' - and now you know why - cos it sucks. I'm not a guitar only music listner either - I have lots of material my electronic bands like Salaryman etc who make fine music but this dire. Pyramid song is ok and Knives out is slightly memorable but the rest stinks of shit. Radiohead have lost it -they should be ashamed of this tosh. Expand

1. "Amnesiac" deepens the mystery that Radiohead began with its curious, largely electronic 2000 release, "Kid A," and certainly won't satiate those awaiting the lauded band's supposed return to guitar-heavy epics.
  2. Either Yorke’s lyrics are better this time, or the comparative voluptuousness of the vocal performances make it easier to tune in, or we’ve finally grasped what he’s been getting at since abandoning OK Computer’s more straightforward man-vs-society musings.
  3. Entertainment Weekly
    By the sound of it, Radiohead have strayed off into the same territory Yes did over a quarter century ago -- and two pieces of marginalia in a row don't bode well for the outcome. [8 June 2001, p.72]