Battle Born - The Killers
7.7

Review this album

1. Sep 18, 2012
    well you should know before hear this album:it's the perfect combination of all the other 3 albums toghether and we can take from this that this it's a masterpiece!! the whole album its something very pleasure to be hear the sound of guitar the brilliant vocal os brandon flowers..and plus i can image the band playing Flesh and Bone in the shows:it's going to be amazing congratulations for this brilliant album Expand
  2. Dec 19, 2012
    Deep, immersive, simply brilliant. The best album of The Killers for the moment. Brandon's vocals became much better. Songs sound more complicated than in the previous albums. The album gave me unforgettable pleasure.
  3. Jun 4, 2013
    Fulfilled expectations! The huge anthem "Flesh and Bone" combined with hit single "Runaways" and the fan favorite "The Way It Was" are only the beginning of a magical trip through the deserts of Nevada. The third single "Here With Me" (with a music video directed by Tim Burton) paints The Killers with slow ballads like never before. "Matter of Time", the weakest here, begins great but kind of loses control in the middle and then gets it all together to finish with class. "Deadlines and Commitments", another one of the fan favorites, is filled with synthesizers and brilliant drumming by Ronnie Vannucci. The epic "Miss Atomic Bomb", a partner to the band's hit single "Mr. Brightside" from 2004's "Hot Fuss", is a strong track that remembers U2's "The Joshua Tree" days, resembling "Where the Streets Have No Name" and "With or Without You". Great work by guitarist Dave Keuning here. "The Rising Tide", a track The Killers produced, is a strong rock 'n' roll song with synthesizers and strong vocals, not the highlight of the album, but a great track. "Heart of Girl" shows Mark Stoermer at his best while playing his bass guitar while the lyrics flow greatly with the story. "From Here On Out", an almost-country song has a slide guitar memorably performed by Keuning. "Be Still"is a track that deserves attention as it present us Brandon Flowers' best vocal performance ever. Excellence is written all over this album with tracks like this and the last one, the title track, one of the highlights of the album, together with "The Way It Was", one of The Killers' best tracks. Please, also make sure to check out the deluxe edition tracks, specially "Carry Me Home", an excellent work by the band. To conclude, this is a killer album and is worth your time. Expand
  4. Feb 26, 2013
    The Killer's newest project Battle Born truly is a masterful album with powerful lyrics in all the songs while keeping a Killer's vibe the whole time. This album stands out to me because of the strong emotion in Brandon Flowers voice and the beauty of the guitar, bass, and drums to construct this album into what I think is their all time best.
  5. Nov 15, 2012
    A consistent album with great tracks. Almost filler-free. Runaways and Flesh & Bone are amazing anthemic tracks while Be Still is simply beautiful and Here With Me feels close and personal.
  6. Sep 18, 2012
    This is definitely The Killers at their best. Ive been a real fan since Hot Fuss, and unlike the mainstream fans, i believe they have gotten progressively better with each album. 4 years has been worth the wait, a track or two takes an extra listen, but definitely worth the extra listen, buy this album, you will not be disappointed. Plenty of memorable vocal. drum. guitar and bass parts
  7. Sep 20, 2012
    This is blood, sweat, and tears rock n' roll. It begs to be put on repeat in your car and as loud as your **** little stereo can handle. Four albums in ( five if you count the b-sides collection Sawdust) This is unlikely to win The Killers any new support ( unless your a certain Republican front-runner) and the detractors will have a heyday with the rehash of 80's mechanics and Flowers fondness of using every cliche he can get his hands on, but if you drank the kool-aid as I did back when Hot Fuss was released you will find a big, innocent, boot stomping sing-a-long that is a cohesive combination of all their previous efforts, and that is what makes Battle Born the best rock album of 2012 thus far.

Stand out tracks: Flesh and Bone, Miss Atomic Bomb, From Here on Out
  8. Sep 23, 2012
    This album was amazing! I heard a bit of Sam's Town and Brandon's solo album Flamingo in here, which wasn't bad because I really loved Sam's Town being my favorite out of everything they released.
  9. Apr 10, 2013
    "Battle Born" is all there is quality in the middle of ALTERNATIVE ROCK. "The Killers" came back with everything! Vocals perfect. Compositions excellent. Clips and performances that take our breath away. Ie "Battle Born" is the best album of alternative rock today. That is fact!
  10. Aug 19, 2013
    A fantastic album, The Killers simply couldn't have done better with this album, every song has a unique and very good beat to it. Songs like the rising tide, miss atomic bomb, and runaways go down as some of the very best from them. A thoroughly enjoyable album, I would certainly recommend buying this.
  11. Oct 25, 2013
    Wonderful album. Would love to hear this live. The Killers again combine magnificent rock with meaningful lyrics. Every song on the album is great--no need skip any tracks!
  12. Sep 26, 2012
    In the past, Brandon Flowers has been accused of sounding bored, unenthusiastic, and going through the motions. I'll tell ya right now I can't think of a time where he's sung his heart out with more, well, heart. It's a little early to tell even after listening to it 20 times, but I think I can go ahead and say this is their best since Hot Fuss. The first thought that came to me when I popped the CD in and spun it up was, "Now THIS is the Killers I've grown to love!" The only nick I can really give it is that on one or two songs the lyrics are a little cheesy and disjointed, but otherwise this is one you will sing to at the top of your lungs in your car and not care who's watching. They are firing on all cylinders here people, make no mistake about it. I'm glad we still have bands like The Killers around. They make it a lot easier to put up with all the cookie cutter candy pop stinking up the musical landscape. It's rare that I can say that I've heard two instant classic albums in one year, but Battle Born and Rush's Clockwork Angels stand atop as kings of the hill and torchbearers for rock n' roll. They are both going in my "desert island" collection. A big WELCOME BACK to Brandon and company. We missed you guys! Expand
  13. Sep 19, 2012
    From the moment I first heard the majestic lead single "Runaways," I was instantly excited for this album. Battle Born combines elements of all three of The Killers' previous studio albums: from the New Wave and post-punk of Hot Fuss, to the Springsteen-esque heartland rock of Sam's Town, to the synthpop of Day & Age. It's definitely a step up from their previous album, which I felt was somewhat lacking compared to the band's first two albums. A few songs don't particularly stand out, but aside from that minor complaint, Battle Born is an excellent and heartfelt album. Expand
  14. Oct 19, 2012
    Eu comecei a escutar o novo álbum da banda The Killers com o pensamento de "vamos ver o que tem para hoje?" e quando terminou estava praticamente jogado no chão gritando: "obrigado, meu Deus!".

Do segundo que começou a primeira faixa do álbum até o seu final fui transportado para outra era. Uma era relativamente não muito longe em tempo
    "real", mas longe em tempo "artístico": os anos oitenta. Todos sabem da grande influência que a década tem sobre o grupo de Las Vegas, mas em Battle Born eles levam tudo para outro nível. Você pode encontrar desde toques de Eurythmics até Bruce Springsteen durante todo o CD. Não apenas nas influências, mas como em toda a atmosfera sonora. Como disse antes, durante toda a duração de Battle Born me senti transportado para um trailer no meio dos Estados Unidos no final de 1987 como um adolescente ouvindo música e sonhando com o futuro. O grupo usa um bom time de colaboradores para criar grandes, contagiantes, poderosas hinos rock para fazer tocar em estádios lotados onde todos cantam usando toda a força dos pulmões. Cada música é uma produção mais grandiosa que a outra mostra um trabalho de instrumentalização simplesmente genial. Um dos melhores que eu ouvi desde que o blog foi criado. Brandon Flowers está no melhor momento de sua carreira como cantor entregando performances magistrais principalmente nas baladas o ajudando a ficar no topo dos vocalistas da atualidade. Em relação as composições, o álbum é uma ode ao amor de maneira mais oitentista possível: brega, sentimental, cool e cativante. Trabalhos maravilhosos que tem como os maiores destaques a linda Runaways (resenha a seguir), a delicada The Way It Was e a linda de bonita Here With Me. O álbum ainda tem a dark Deadlines And Commitments, a grandiosa Be Still e a super divertida Prize Fighter. Em primeiro lugar no meu coração está Miss Atomic Bomb. É impossível não comparar a canção com as grandes baladas da década de '80 onde a composição era uma história e não apenas frases soltas. Enfrentando crítícas bastante divergentes entre uma e outra, onde de lado há pessoas que amam e outras que odeiam, Battle Born se torna um clássico moderno baseado em uma outra era. Expand

1. Dec 4, 2012
    They too often edge into Meat Loaf/Jim Steinman territory, where every detail becomes a cause for operatic exaggeration and any clunky line or cliche sounds ridiculous. [No. 93, p.56]
  2. Oct 22, 2012
    This ends up as a thrilling victory of an album because at its heart it has the same great swirling mass of melancholic energy that drove their debut. [Nov 2012, p.88]
  3. Oct 4, 2012
    Naturally there some moments where having too producers and visions hurts them, but for the most part, the band sticks to the formula that's worked in the past.