Beyoncé

• Release Date: Dec 13, 2013
8.2

Review this album

1. Dec 15, 2013
    For a long time, i thought that Beyoncé was old news.

Big mistake. Not only is this a terrific album, It is her most powerful and mature to date. This will probably be recognized as her magnum opus in years to come. The lyrics, her voice, her awesome vocal work, the music and production, all work together to create a mood that i actually can't find a word for. I don't think
    For a long time, i thought that Beyoncé was old news.

Big mistake.

The lyrics, her voice, her awesome vocal work, the music and production, all work together to create a mood that i actually can't find a word for. I don't think "Beautiful" does any justice for this amazing work of art. I'm saying all that and i haven't even watched any of the videos yet.

The significance of the album is derived from many reasons. Not only because it's spectacular, but because it's spectacular in a time when albums are looked upon as anything but. At a time when they are looked upon as an unnecessary idea from a bygone era.

Over the years, many female artists appeared and achieved great success over the years, whether in rap, r&b, or pop. But Beyoncé has, without a doubt, cemented her place as their queen.
  2. Feb 22, 2014
    though the visual side to the album offers some background to each song, the album alone, without the videos is touching and enjoyable enough. There is an awful lot of language in there that might perhaps need some over-looking but otherwise Beyonce seems to have messages to deliver in her songs and they make the songs feel more vital and enjoyable. Beyonce has redefined her music, and shethough the visual side to the album offers some background to each song, the album alone, without the videos is touching and enjoyable enough. There is an awful lot of language in there that might perhaps need some over-looking but otherwise Beyonce seems to have messages to deliver in her songs and they make the songs feel more vital and enjoyable. Beyonce has redefined her music, and she has created without doubt the greatest album of her entire career in the music business. Expand
  3. May 30, 2015
    Beyonce is Beyonce's best album to date, not only because it contains some of the best songs she has recorded in her career, but also because this is her first album where she shows a great deal of artistry (I guess Kanye West was right then...) She has always been a great vocalist, but she has never showed this much artistry on anything she has ever done before. This artistry lies in theBeyonce is Beyonce's best album to date, not only because it contains some of the best songs she has recorded in her career, but also because this is her first album where she shows a great deal of artistry (I guess Kanye West was right then...) She has always been a great vocalist, but she has never showed this much artistry on anything she has ever done before. This artistry lies in the combination between the often meaningful lyrics, great production, and the fact that she decided to make a video for each song (even though I didn't watch all of them). Now, to break down each individual element of the album. This album finds Beyonce at her most explicit lyrically - and usually does a great job of this. Some of the lyrics get repetitive sometimes, but the varying topics, ranging from the struggle of wanting to be pretty every day to showing off how flawless she is to loving Blue. And although sometimes she may prove to be very similar to other R&B artists, she solidifies her place as a very special diva and vocalist on this album. What really got me into this album, though, is the ambient production Beyonce uses on a great deal of the album. The often trendy, but still very interesting and original production, is one of the main reasons I gave this album an 8. If she had kept her production styles from her previous albums I probably would have given this a 7. And this is definitely an imperfect album with a few shining weak sports, but this doesn't stop it from being Beyonce's best and an album that shows the artistry of a vocalist. Grade: B+/A-. Highlights: "Drunk in Love", "Partition", "Jealous", "Mine", the "Flawless" portion of "Flawless". Worst song: "Superpower" Expand
  4. Jan 18, 2015
    Beyoncé has at last experimented with the themes she’s continuously half-explored throughout her decade(+)-long career—feminism, sexual expression, self-empowerment—and overall, she has created her most erotic, overtly feminist, and sonically experimental record to date. The intros and interludes of audio snippets seeming to act out Knowles’ childhood experiences and the segments ofBeyoncé has at last experimented with the themes she’s continuously half-explored throughout her decade(+)-long career—feminism, sexual expression, self-empowerment—and overall, she has created her most erotic, overtly feminist, and sonically experimental record to date. The intros and interludes of audio snippets seeming to act out Knowles’ childhood experiences and the segments of speeches discussing society’s expectations of women (“***Flawless”) and why women can openly love sex (“Partition”), it’s a concept album through and through. Besides its accompanying visual experience, the dark, moody production trails PBR&B, electronic, and even ambient influences and its large array of producers—Ammo, Boots, Detail, Hit-Boy, Timbaland, etc.—and featured artists—Drake, Frank Ocean, and, of course, hubby Jay-Z—help her achieve her musical ambitions. The monumental “Drunk in Love”, the sultry “Partition”, the urban confidence of “***Flawless” featuring an insert from Nigerian novelist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Beyoncé’s self-titled fifth studio albums further certifies her status as one of pop music’s most dominant divas and if her overnight release date without any prior promotion or singles isn’t evidence of that, let her musicianship and vocal capabilities speak for her themselves. Expand
  5. Jan 1, 2014
    Beyonce shocked us all when she released her self-titled album without any sort of promotion or any indication she was working on her new record. This album is less commercial than her previous efforts but channels more soul and depth than a lot of her pop/r&b contemporaries.
  6. Dec 16, 2014
    (Already counting on the Platinum Edition) I can not understand all this love that people have for this album, it really is a good album, but not the best of Beyoncé, many his songs make me sleep and I can not hear whole, the lucky for you there are great songs that save the album.
    Highlights: Partition and Drunk In Love
    Lows: Superpower and No Angel
  7. May 4, 2015
    her best effort as of yet. Sonically this album is a masterpiece and visually stunning. It emotes so much emotion it's almost tangible. In closing Beyoncé has proved yet again why she
  8. Apr 5, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Eu adorei esse álbum, chuto que é o melhor da carreira superando o 4, não deixou nada a desejar, vocais, clipes, sonoridade ( o que acho mais forte no álbum ) é tudo muito impecável. Haunted é uma obra de arte a melhor do álbum com certeza, Beyoncé se supera a cada álbum. Expand
  9. Dec 19, 2013
    She can cause many feelings here, sadness, love, happiness, aggression. And in all cases, in the highest and best way possible.
    Do not say it is the best cd I've ever heard, or even that it is the best of the year, but after that cd, Beyoncé showed he can do a little of everything, and what a pop star really is.
  10. Jun 4, 2015
    Sinceramente, porque a crítica e as pessoas aclamam tanto Beyoncé? Sério, ela está longe de ser dona da indústria, eu ouvi esse albúm e pensei tipo "Pra quê tanta babação?" as letras de Beyoncé são horríveis, a unica que se salva é Pretty Hurts que passa uma mensagem bonita, mas nem tudo que é aclamado é realmente bom, Beyoncé é a prova disso.
  11. Sep 6, 2014
    O álbum BEYONCÉ foi uma surpresa para todos, quando foi lançado de surpresa no iTunes, e ele surpreendeu a muitos. Depois de ouvi-lo, formulei uma opinião própria: é um album mediano. Não que seja ruim. BEYONCÉ é um álbum com músicas lentas em sua maioria e também são muito compridas. Dangerously, I Am... Sasha Fierce e 4, em minha opinião, são bem melhores do que esse álbum.
  12. Mar 15, 2014
    Her best yet. It is most certainly, most determined to be only about the music. It abandoned inspiring messages, marketing, and everything else to be able to make an album so perfectly woven together, it's simply a masterpiece. The crown jewel is Ghost, which uses such ambient and soft sounds, so quiet yet it speaks louder than any of her R&B songs. Good job, Queen Bee. Good job.
  13. Jun 20, 2014
    Mais uma prova de que nem tudo que a crítica aclama,é bom.
    Talvez esse 85 no Metacritc sejam pelas vendas,que sim,foram altas,mas não compraram a qualidade desse album.
    Continuo achando que I Am...Sasha Fierce é seu único bom album.
  14. Dec 16, 2013
    Ratings! It's not the male bashing/women empowering stuff we are used to hearing from Beyonce. Very good album. My only criticism is that certain songs like Superpower featuring Frank Ocean and Mine featuring Drake sound like the featured artists written works respectively and Beyonce just lends her vocals for the songs, puts it on the album and calls it her own.
  15. Dec 17, 2014
    Cabe resaltar que Beyoncé ha sido capaz de hacer ver un album meramente experimental para su estilo como si desde el inicio de su carrera fuese una artista madura y una genio del R&B de la nueva era.
  16. Oct 11, 2014
    Experimental and Artistic, Personal and Sexual. BEYONCÉ sounds like that or even more. Lyrically, Queen B puts her emotions and she's not afraid, Instrumentally sometimes falls but still great.
  17. Feb 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this is the most amazing work of Beyoncé , she is already a historical icon , and then this masterpiece she still deserves more recognition ( if that is possible) then I found the amazing and wonderful all the work and I believe that will please everyone who will listen ... Expand
  18. Jun 15, 2015
    Foxes é maravilhosa. Eu amo tudo o que ela faz, tudo bem feito, impecável. Coisa de artista de verdade, é uma pena ver que não tem o reconhecimento merecido.
  19. Dec 13, 2013
    She may just be the only pop female that cares about making great albums as a whole. 'Beyoncé' is a gorgeous, sexy voice, with amazing production and the usual brilliant vocals from the King. Recommended.
  20. Dec 17, 2013
    Although half of the songs will only entertain people who adored Beyonce's music for a long time, this self-titled album is her best (and maybe the best this year) she ever made in her career with its theme about female sexuality and self-empowerment being delivered successfully.

Highlights: Pretty Hurts, Ghost, Blow, Younce, Partition, Jealous, Rocket, Mine, Xo, ***Flawless, Heaven and Blue
    Potential Singles After the Album's Release: Pretty Hurts, Blow, Younce, Partition, Jealous, Xo(which is actually the lead single right now) and ***Flawless
    Personal Favorites: Pretty Hurts, Blow, Yonce, Partition, Xo, ***Flawless and Blue

(Personal note: Although I am not quite a big fan of hers, I do love her music. Right now, Beyonce is a genius. Releasing this album without dropping any clues prior is brilliant. And to make every song have a music video attached is even more brilliant. I just hope my favorite artists would follow Beyonce's footsteps in making every song on their album have a music video, but that's if they want to.)
  21. Jun 16, 2014
    Love álbum, Love so so so manch beyoncé arrasou pisou com força nazinimigax adireo o álbum perfeito lindo otimo realmente uma obra de arte maravilhoso parabéns beyoncé
  22. Jun 7, 2015
    A voz de Beyoncé está maravilhosa no álbum, alguns elementos nas músicas são ótimos, cada palavra, cada batida é perfeitamente sincronizada, cada segundo de cada música são segundos ótimos, repletos de batidas suaves.
  23. Aug 25, 2014
    Beyoncé (album) states that not only Beyoncé (singer) can surely master the art of audiovisual creativity, but can unite power, consistency and, of course, a beautifully placed voice in one single piece of heaven. With songs that go from a desperate perfection-addiction to an acute case of nymphomania, there's no need to doubt why she is called Queen B. She's earned the crown anyway, hands down.
  24. Sep 19, 2014
    Sem dúvida o melhor album de 2013. Bey surpreendeu a todos, com uma majestosa surpresa. "BEYONCE" mescla um pop/r&b, com pegadas hip-hop. Destaque para BOOTS, um dos melhores produtores desse album.
  25. Sep 10, 2014
    Beyonce's new album Beyonce is just as bad as the rest of her manufactured corporate garbage. Beyonce does not write her own lyrics. Each of her songs are written by 2 to 7 different writers. She is listed as a co-writer even though she didn't do anything to give the song "credibility". This is the way it is with all pop artists. They are always credited as one of the writers even thoughBeyonce's new album Beyonce is just as bad as the rest of her manufactured corporate garbage. Beyonce does not write her own lyrics. Each of her songs are written by 2 to 7 different writers. She is listed as a co-writer even though she didn't do anything to give the song "credibility". This is the way it is with all pop artists. They are always credited as one of the writers even though they didn't anything. Beyonce's latest album is another prime example of label manufactured garbage. The record label executives made all the creative decisions. All Beyonce did was show up in the studio for 2 days to record songs written and composed for her by other people. That is all the effort she put in this album. I don't review albums based on the record label's contribution. I base my reviews on the artist's contribution. Beyonce didn't do anything. She is just as lazy as her sellout husband Jay Z. Jay Z and Beyonce represent everything wrong with today's music. People who enjoy this album have never heard music outside of billboard top 40 hits. There is a lot of good music out there but not on this album. Expand
  26. Jan 6, 2014
    Not impressed by this album at all. Every song is boring and unoriginal. I don't see a single hit song on this album. The only song I did like was "BLOW" which can't be played on the radio.
  27. Jan 9, 2014
    I just love it. This is the Beyonce that I like, it is such a good album, love the R&B mixed with Pop and Hip-Hop, it's incredible. Beyonce knew how to make this albums, it has a good variety and the lyrics shows the amazing artist that Beyonce is, a lot of songs that are excellent like "Pretty Hurts", "Partition", "Drunk in Love", "XO", and others; I like the message that she wants toI just love it. This is the Beyonce that I like, it is such a good album, love the R&B mixed with Pop and Hip-Hop, it's incredible. Beyonce knew how to make this albums, it has a good variety and the lyrics shows the amazing artist that Beyonce is, a lot of songs that are excellent like "Pretty Hurts", "Partition", "Drunk in Love", "XO", and others; I like the message that she wants to shows with the album, it's really good music. Expand
  28. Dec 21, 2013
    In the end, it's just another Beyonce album. Produced without flaws, sung without issues. It's perfectly boring and completely uninspiring; there were far better pieces of music released this year, but then again, none of them were by Beyonce.
  29. May 11, 2014
    Out of the few female R&B artists of note, Beyonce is the best going round & this album stamps her authority.
    Standout Tracks: Drunk in Love, Partition, Blue, Heaven, Superpower.
  30. Feb 23, 2014
    A horrible album. I did not like any songs. The only decent song in this album was 'Drunk in Love', even then, it is average at best. Not a good album. This album fell below my expectations. Boo you, Beyonce.
  31. Sep 10, 2014
    Gosto muito da Beyoncé,mas esse álbum não me agradou. O álbum foi um estouro na época,já que foi lançado de surpresa,então achei que seria um ótimo álbum,mas ele é apenas mediano. Existem músicas muito boas,como Pretty Hurts e XO,mas a maior parte do álbum não é boa. A Bey consegue ser melhor que isso.
  32. Apr 22, 2014
    Beyonce seems to be going in the right direction. The album is not a masterpiece by any means, but it sounds more experimental than ever coming from her. One of Beyonce´s main problem as a recording artist is her lack of creativity (well, her writers lack of creativity) and she seems to be getting better on that front. Her voice keeps being in a good state (no Whitney Houston but you know,Beyonce seems to be going in the right direction. The album is not a masterpiece by any means, but it sounds more experimental than ever coming from her. One of Beyonce´s main problem as a recording artist is her lack of creativity (well, her writers lack of creativity) and she seems to be getting better on that front. Her voice keeps being in a good state (no Whitney Houston but you know, good for nowadays low standards). There is still an over abundance of raunchy songs, which have always been the main structure of her career. The best part of the album is the last, where all that disappears. Expand
  33. Mar 18, 2014
    Beyoncé surprises the world with her secret 5th studio album entitled Beyoncé but fails to win me over like she did on her previous attempts.

I have been a fan of her's since i first heard Crazy in Love but really came on board with B-day and I am... Sasha Fierce which really impressed me with her ability to sing and write some of the best songs of the past decade. However she dipped with 4, in my opinion. I found that the album was mediocre at best (apart from Run the world, I was here & Best thing i never had). Then with Beyoncé she has failed to get back on top. Don't get me wrong its a very good album but isn't up to her standard.

Songs such as Partition, Mine, Blue & Heaven are all 5/5's are are the real highlights of this album. They are all amazing! Heaven particularly reminiscent of her I am work in particular Halo. However, Drunk in love, Rocket, Superpower, Yoncé & Flawless all prove to be rubbish! They sound very bad and are nothing like what this woman can make!! Flawless & Drunk in love are mediocre but ultimately are hyped up songs that end up adding to nothing more than average at best.

Overall, it's a good album with some brilliant songs but it has its 'flaws' and is certainly not as good as her previous work.
  34. Mar 11, 2015
    This is a flawless piece of R&B and pop. I was initially weary of this album, but after several listens, I enjoyed the Queen's fifth album. While it doesn't have an original title (what is the deal for artists naming their fifth or first albums after themselves?), it boasts out enough blunt sexuality and honest truths of marriage and motherhood and relationships to show that Beyonce can beThis is a flawless piece of R&B and pop. I was initially weary of this album, but after several listens, I enjoyed the Queen's fifth album. While it doesn't have an original title (what is the deal for artists naming their fifth or first albums after themselves?), it boasts out enough blunt sexuality and honest truths of marriage and motherhood and relationships to show that Beyonce can be one of those artists - the ones that truly stand out in a crowd. However, there were some songs ("Rocket" and Drake's rap "Mine") that seemed unnecessary, but this is still a pretty flawless piece. Expand
  35. Dec 14, 2013
    Beyonnce did it again what a woman inspiration True artist!! album is perfect from start to finish. Visual album just kills me, every video is so amazing.. Other artists just falls down. We needed this album so much
  36. Dec 13, 2013
    Really stunning. All the music videos are cinematic and tell a fascinating story. In order to name your album "Beyonce," you have to reveal what it means. In this case, that is being confident, sexy, loving, considerate, and a mother. XO is easily one of the best songs of the year, and this is one of the best albums of the year. Excellent.
  37. Aug 30, 2014
    O que esperar de uma artista com 17 Grammys e tantos marcos na carreira? Que ela se acomode. Mas Beyoncé faz o contrário, prova o seu valor cada vez mais e mostra que não tem a mínima pretensão de deixar os holofotes da indústria. Tem 1 Grammy pra cada ano de carreira e se depender desse álbum, terá mais um para cada próximo ano que virá.
  38. Dec 17, 2013
    Her best album so far due to a different style of production. Other artists and pass albums influenced the great experimental production, the lyrics, and the concept of this album; for example, "The Black Album" by Jay-Z and "Voodoo" by D'Angelo. This is the singer's most impressive album to date and one of the best critical acclaim albums of 2013.
  39. Dec 15, 2013
    Aside from the use of the element of surprise, "BEYONCE" is a true musical experience from beginning to end. She sounds extremely confident, yet at the same time very vulnerable on the music presented on this album. Her beautiful vocals and the nearly perfectly executed production on the album makes it a very welcome surprise at the end of 2013. R&B lovers should definitely be here forAside from the use of the element of surprise, "BEYONCE" is a true musical experience from beginning to end. She sounds extremely confident, yet at the same time very vulnerable on the music presented on this album. Her beautiful vocals and the nearly perfectly executed production on the album makes it a very welcome surprise at the end of 2013. R&B lovers should definitely be here for this well composed record. Queen Beyonce might just have released her best project... so far Expand
  40. May 30, 2014
    The album, while it was enjoyable, I didn't see it as the masterpiece everyone is making it out to be. The songs were catchy and unforgettable, but it wasn't different from any other Beyonce album that I've heard.
  41. Dec 14, 2013
    Este o seu melhor álbum, incrível como ela vem evoluindo musicalmente, eu temia o lançamento desse álbum, pois pensava que após o fracasso comercial dos singles do álbum anterior ela viria com algo mais comercial e decepcionante como fez com o I Am..Sasha Fierce que apesar de um bom álbum e de grande êxito comercial, o álbum mais fraco de sua carreira, ouso a dizer que genérico eEste o seu melhor álbum, incrível como ela vem evoluindo musicalmente, eu temia o lançamento desse álbum, pois pensava que após o fracasso comercial dos singles do álbum anterior ela viria com algo mais comercial e decepcionante como fez com o I Am..Sasha Fierce que apesar de um bom álbum e de grande êxito comercial, o álbum mais fraco de sua carreira, ouso a dizer que genérico e enjoativo. Porém com "BEYONCÉ", Beyoncé mostrou mais uma vez o motivo pelo qual a maior representante do R&B no século XXI. Não bom simplesmente por ser um álbum visual (eu mal vi os clipes), mas musicalmente perfeito, impecável. Queen B is back! Este o seu melhor álbum! Expand
  42. Jul 7, 2014
    In my personal opinion, this is Beyoncé's 2nd best album, to I Am...Sasha Fierce. However I believe the overall messages of the songs are more powerful and emotive. The opening track, 'Pretty Hurts', discusses the importance of self confidence, and how trying to be beautiful and fit in to society's standards of beauty is so dangerous and harmful to us. The songs 'XO' and 'Blue' are alsoIn my personal opinion, this is Beyoncé's 2nd best album, to I Am...Sasha Fierce. However I believe the overall messages of the songs are more powerful and emotive. The opening track, 'Pretty Hurts', discusses the importance of self confidence, and how trying to be beautiful and fit in to society's standards of beauty is so dangerous and harmful to us. The songs 'XO' and 'Blue' are also personal, emotional ballads, to her husband and the latter to her daughter. In contrast, songs like '***Flawless', 'Partition' and 'Blow' still have powerful messages, yet use more upbeat dance production. An array of beats with the same recurring message. The only thing that stops it receiving a perfect 10 is the mashup of tracks like Yoncé & Partition or Ghost & Haunted. A process which I never found appealing. Still strongly recommend. Expand
  43. Dec 19, 2014
    I have only one word to say about this album: FLAWLESS, Beyonce will always be Beyonce, for she got the style, voice, looks, lyrics EVERYTHING. I can predict that this album will be a success
  44. Dec 23, 2013
    I have to say that as a big Beyonce fan, I am a little miffed at this album. I always knew Beyonce was capable of greatness but I had no idea that she was capable of such greatness as is this. This album eclipses all of the previous ones as Beyonce's most frank, candid and honest body of work throughout her entire career. What I love most about Beyonce is the experimental nature of theI have to say that as a big Beyonce fan, I am a little miffed at this album. I always knew Beyonce was capable of greatness but I had no idea that she was capable of such greatness as is this. This album eclipses all of the previous ones as Beyonce's most frank, candid and honest body of work throughout her entire career. What I love most about Beyonce is the experimental nature of the production and her voice. Though not as vociferous as its predecessor, 4, BEYONCE is Beyonce's most dynamic vocal performance. Her voice is light and airy on tracks like Ghost, powerful on the amazing Pretty Hurts, evocative on tracks like Heaven and No Angel and soulful like gems Rocket and Superpower. With an all star list of collaborators, perhaps the most heartfelt belongs to her own daughter, Blue Ivy Carter. The track, Blue, is an airy pop ballad that showcases Beyonce in a more delicate light than the one we're used to with her dynamic stage persona. Essentially, this is perhaps my favorite release of 2013 and I'm excited to see where Beyonce's artistry will take her next. Expand
  45. Dec 21, 2013
    I was literally just complaining about how long this album was taking, then "surprise" Beyoncé releases the entire thing without warning. I've been listening to the entire thing all night and I have to say it was so worth the wait. The songs are reminiscent of early Destiny's Child tracks but still very forward. The undertones of female empowerment and solidarity are amazing but evenI was literally just complaining about how long this album was taking, then "surprise" Beyoncé releases the entire thing without warning. I've been listening to the entire thing all night and I have to say it was so worth the wait. The songs are reminiscent of early Destiny's Child tracks but still very forward. The undertones of female empowerment and solidarity are amazing but even greater is the vulnerability displayed in the song penned for her daughter Blue Ivy and the child she miscarried. The sensuality, the beauty, the rawness all of it combined can only be described as "Beyoncé" a fitting title for a groundbreaking work of art. Beyonce responds to criticism of her feminism by sampling Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's TED talk, she celebrates her body and the bodies of all women, the agency women have over their careers, marriages, and relationships. This album is the best effort from Beyonce and I believe will be considered her magnum opus. Not only was the release brilliant, but it's reception and critical success also breaks new ground for Mrs. Knowles-Carter, the entire music industry will need to change the way it works now. Expand
  46. Dec 13, 2013
    Completely unexpected, but wonderfully perfect. Beyonce somehow was able to keep this project a secret and it totally paid off. Surprising critics and fans once more, this album will just add to her ever-growing legacy.
  47. Dec 14, 2013
    OH MY GOSH i was like what the f***? Beyconcé is amazeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeng i really liked the album and the videos are so..BEYONCÉ haha she saved this year's music.
  48. Dec 22, 2013
    This surprise self-titled release by Beyonce is arguably her best work. Beyonce has a voice that of her own signature connotation and no one can really impersonate her. She uses this to her advantage in this latest problem, exploring matters such as her baby daughter in soft drumming rhythms and crooning voice and lyrics. One of the best albums of the year, and an R&B venture that is aThis surprise self-titled release by Beyonce is arguably her best work. Beyonce has a voice that of her own signature connotation and no one can really impersonate her. She uses this to her advantage in this latest problem, exploring matters such as her baby daughter in soft drumming rhythms and crooning voice and lyrics. One of the best albums of the year, and an R&B venture that is a cut above the rest. Expand
  49. Dec 15, 2013
    Black queen is back showing to rihanna how to make a good album
    lerarn rihanna
    ----------------------------------------------------------BEY RAINHA RIHANNA NADINHA----------------------------------------------------------
  50. Jan 31, 2014
    I was told to listen to it because ITS SOOO GOOOD apparently, no beyonce album has bored me like this one, overrated crap imo. Everyone has become complacent towards her and its obvious
  51. Mar 21, 2015
    Probably,Beyonce's the best album.No traditional R&B like in previous albums.A lot of genres in album-R&B,pop,dubstep,soul,hip-hop,chillwave,trap...Supports her title "R&B-diva".
  52. Dec 28, 2013
    "BEYONCE" name itself is synonymous to PERFECTION The album is flawless... all the 14 tracks speak in unison for the entire record!!!! "Blow", "Jealous", "No Angel.... in short, all the tracks are master pieces...! "No Angel" is favorite (mine!!) off the record...! *BOW DOWN* its SLAYONCé
  53. Jan 4, 2014
    Intresting way to promote a production but lets be honest, we can not say the same about music. Just repetitive black-female power with hi-cost production from Beyoncé, nothing revolutionary or even well-writtened. Mainstream can do incredible stuff, but not when your resource for doing it is your previous musical failures merchandasing succes for having a fenomenal production. I reallyIntresting way to promote a production but lets be honest, we can not say the same about music. Just repetitive black-female power with hi-cost production from Beyoncé, nothing revolutionary or even well-writtened. Mainstream can do incredible stuff, but not when your resource for doing it is your previous musical failures merchandasing succes for having a fenomenal production. I really think Beyoncé biggest participation in this LP is her name at the cover. (sorry for ortography, im mexican) Expand
  54. Jul 11, 2014
    I think this is the best album of Beyoncé. She can go from calm and lovely song even more powerful song, taking his impeccable voice without losing control of your tunes.
  55. Dec 14, 2013
    Beyonce is definitely a woman who truly knows who she is and is not afraid to take charge. Her self titled "Visionary Album" "Beyonce" is an instant masterpiece, showcasing her divine talent and vocal prowess. She needs no gimmick and a whole team of publicity, all she needed is to put her name and everyone take notice. The album is simple with so much soul and passion.
  56. Feb 27, 2014
    THIS IS THE WORSE ALBUM OF BEYONCÉ, WITHOUT THE WOOOOOOOOOOW THAT "4" AND I AM SACHA FIRCE SHOWS THIS ALBUNS SHOW A BEYONCE MORE VULNERABLE AND BORING
  57. May 23, 2014
    6 months after the release, I am still charmed by it.
    experimental sounds are mesmerizing!
    this record is the least commercial of her, ba a large margin and I lvoe it!
    well done bey!
  58. Mar 4, 2014
    Welcome back " Queen B " Beyonce has really brought out honesty and boldness in this album, expressing her music in a very experimental way. You rock !!!
  59. Jun 3, 2014
    Great album! The videos, the songs, the surprise release ... I like the simplicity of the songs. Here Beyoncé sings about personal things like relationship between mother and child, death, sex (in a romantic way), relationship problems, etc..

Highlights: Jealous, Pretty Hurts, XO, Flawless and Blow.
  60. Jun 15, 2014
    Ich hätte von beyonce ein besseres Album erwartet statt dieser Mainstream Electro-RnB, und Pop album......vorallem verstehe ich nicht wieso sie jetzt so viel Sex in dem Album hat, und einfach einen Feministischen vorwand dafür benutzt, sie hat es nicht nötig ihren Körper so billig zu präsentieren, sie ist nicht Miley, Rihanna oder Lady Gaga. Beyonce hat so viel mehr talent als die dreiIch hätte von beyonce ein besseres Album erwartet statt dieser Mainstream Electro-RnB, und Pop album......vorallem verstehe ich nicht wieso sie jetzt so viel Sex in dem Album hat, und einfach einen Feministischen vorwand dafür benutzt, sie hat es nicht nötig ihren Körper so billig zu präsentieren, sie ist nicht Miley, Rihanna oder Lady Gaga. Beyonce hat so viel mehr talent als die drei zusammen....aber sie hat anscheinend gemerkt das sich ihre alben nicht mehr so gut verkaufen, aber dan gleich auf Sexsells zu setzten???.......auch wenn einige Lieder gut produziert sind, so enttäuscht sie mich mit ihrem Album, das ist leider das bisher schlechteste von ihren 5 alben Expand
  61. Nov 30, 2014
    The self-titled album from R&B/Pop Superstar Beyoncé is a terrific effort. Each song is perfectly crafted and lyrically fenomenal. With songs like "Pretty Hurts," "Heaven," and "Blue," Beyoncé really delivers her vocal talent. Beyoncé also dabbles in some urban style on songs like "Flawless," "No Angel," and "Drunk in Love." The visuals on this album are an added bonus. The album itselfThe self-titled album from R&B/Pop Superstar Beyoncé is a terrific effort. Each song is perfectly crafted and lyrically fenomenal. With songs like "Pretty Hurts," "Heaven," and "Blue," Beyoncé really delivers her vocal talent. Beyoncé also dabbles in some urban style on songs like "Flawless," "No Angel," and "Drunk in Love." The visuals on this album are an added bonus. The album itself could have stood alone without the videos, and it would have done just as great. 10/10. This album is great in every way. Expand
  62. Feb 2, 2015
    A completely overrated album, few good songs, nothing impressive or good at all I think this is her most overrated album of all time, actually beyonce have better ones.
  63. Aug 22, 2015
    Melhor Álbum Pop de 2013 / 2014 Rainha é assim Mesmo Pisa na Rihanna e Humilha o Unapologetic viu
    Espero um Sucessor a Altura , Desse Hinario #1 Na Billboard
  64. Dec 15, 2013
    "Beyoncé" isn't perfect, but its imperfection is what makes it special. This is very much different from everything Beyoncé has done before, although B'Day comes in as the closest body of work. However, the matureness and musical independence that Beyoncé shows in her fifth album is thrilling and embracing. In short words, "Beyoncé" is, definitely, Beyoncé's equivalent to Frank Ocean's"Beyoncé" isn't perfect, but its imperfection is what makes it special. This is very much different from everything Beyoncé has done before, although B'Day comes in as the closest body of work. However, the matureness and musical independence that Beyoncé shows in her fifth album is thrilling and embracing. In short words, "Beyoncé" is, definitely, Beyoncé's equivalent to Frank Ocean's "Channel Orange". Hands down, thumbs up for Queen Bey. Expand
  65. Dec 13, 2013
    She has truly outdone every prior album with this work. Her work flows so effortlessly and the visual accompaniments add so much value to the work as a whole, nothing looks or feels forced. I hope everyone looks past their personal biases about Beyonce and let the MUSIC speak for itself.
  66. Mar 20, 2014
    Average album. I only like Pretty Hurts, Drunk In Love, Yonce and Blue. To be serious, other songs made me bored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  67. Dec 15, 2013
    I never used to listen to Bey like that before, she didn't appeal to me that much. But with the hype surrounding this album and an attempt to broaden my horizons, I decided to give her a try with an open mind and see what happens.

I was surprised. Very surprised. This album's DOPE. I never expected something like this, she's really got her experimental hat on but at the same time not going so far out there as to alienate the fanbase I am completely aware she has. A truly brilliant album.
  68. Dec 24, 2013
    If someone had told you in 2011 that the next Beyoncé release would be the most "independent" album of 2013, would you ever have believed them? I readily admit, such a comment would have elicited little more than a scoff from myself. Yet, a down-to-the-buzzer contender for album of the year, BEYONCE seems to rely more on DIY aesthetic than any other major release seen this year. Singles?If someone had told you in 2011 that the next Beyoncé release would be the most "independent" album of 2013, would you ever have believed them? I readily admit, such a comment would have elicited little more than a scoff from myself. Yet, a down-to-the-buzzer contender for album of the year, BEYONCE seems to rely more on DIY aesthetic than any other major release seen this year. Singles? Nope. Months-long promotional gimmicks? No press at all (lookin' at you, Yeezus/Reflektor/Shaking the Habitual). Touring? BEFORE the release of the album? Hell, yes ("I don't trust these record labels I'm touring", she sings on "Haunted"). BEYONCE is a vital assertion of individuality and artistic integrity from an ARTIST (and by this point, she has inexorably earned that title) whose royal status intrinsically invites stagnation.
    A decidedly experimental album, unconventionalities of pop music abound: extended intros, outros, spoken word interludes, movements, and any other indulgences present are earned over and over again. And despite a seemingly sudden awareness of her own illustrious status, the album is also her most emotionally frank, putting herself in a particularly vulnerable position. It's altogether a risk of gargantuan proportions and it pays off beautifully, somehow endearing Mrs. Carter-Knowles to her audience more than she already is.
    Though you probably won't find many of these songs with much radio time, the album displays an even broader range of styles and themes that we've come to expect from a typical Beyoncé album. Within BEYONCE, you'll find: explorations of her marriage (with Jay Z, who quests on "Drunk in Love"), both ups ("Blow", "Partition") and downs ("Jealous"), criticism of body image attitudes ("Pretty Hurts"), statements of supremacy ("***Flawless") and self-awareness ("No Angel), heartfelt farewells to lost loved ones ("Heaven"), odes to motherhood ("Blue"), and, of course, one big group-hug sing-along anthem that you swear could solve every major world problem ("XO"). And despite its grandiosity, it culminates with a general air of restraint (hear how spare that production is) and control (check how exclusive that guest list of producers and guest vocals is) with few exceptions, a feat no one other than the Queen Bey herself could carry out. Bow down, indeed.
  69. Dec 13, 2013
    This is by far Beyoncé's best album. It is amazing, the production is so clean and top notch, and the lyrics and melodies are genius. Partition is my favorite song! So good! You MUST buy this album!
  70. Dec 14, 2013
    Melhor álbum de Beyoncé maduro e inovador, diferente de tudo que ela já fez ao longo da carreira,
    Beyoncé se mostra verdadeiramente uma "Grown Woman" nesse novo trabalho, que sabe o poder de sedução que tem e está disposta a usá-lo.
    Agora sentar e aguardar os Grammys!
  71. Dec 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sem dúvidas ela a melhor!! Ela foi uma Naughty Girl e aos poucos foi se tornando uma Grown Woman, esse album concluiu que não existe nenhum artista mais completo que Beyoncé!! Ela quase tão boa e revolucionária quanto Michael Jackson, PARABÉNS Beyoncé Knowles, realmente, entre todos os "artistas" atuais, você a UNICA que merece o prêmio de artista do milênio!! Expand
  72. Dec 19, 2013
    this album has been vastly overhyped in every possible way.she used a really clever market strategy to sell this product ..kudos 4 this she has a great team behind her..About the music she's experimenting a little more than her usual standards here but the fact that this record has a media of 85/100 on here is totally laughable ..with all the new alternative R&B movement coming out( thethis album has been vastly overhyped in every possible way.she used a really clever market strategy to sell this product ..kudos 4 this she has a great team behind her..About the music she's experimenting a little more than her usual standards here but the fact that this record has a media of 85/100 on here is totally laughable ..with all the new alternative R&B movement coming out( the weeknd, frank ocean, miguel, janelle monae, etc) beyonce wanted to keep up with the new trends( miguel and ocean actually wrote some tracks in this album)but at the same time she wanted to sell to the rihanna's and miley's markets.The result is a mediocre record with an over sexualized beyonce talking about blow jobs and about having sex with her husband in every possible way for at least 8 songs in the project ,all expressed with DREADFUL lyrics..like everyone could write those lyrics..really terrible! and her fake feminist ANTHEM inserted here, the sequel of indepedent women and single ladies is actually worse than the previous attempts.. that bow down verse inserted in a song with an actual speech made by a real feminist makes everything worse..( actually that verse was the original part of the song the speech was added later because she received a lot of criticism so she decided to insert a real feminist speech to try to make the track sound more feminist and improve it but it didn't happen) Expand
  73. Jul 17, 2014
    OMG, this album sucks, is the same freaking kind of R&B, nothing change about influences or beats, it's all the same. Is so easy make money like this.
  74. Jul 13, 2015
    Some songs are very good, others are boring . I love tour Mrs Carter, who was antecedent to this album , however this album promo tour with her husband of the singer, Jay Z , was a bore !
  75. Jan 7, 2014
    I have always appreciated Beyonce as an artist, however, honestly I never looked to her for intellectually stimulating organic music. I figured we only had Janelle Monae achieving any greatness in the R&B/electronic realm. With this record I stand corrected. It is a beautifully expressive piece of work. It's not perfect, but hey it's pop at it's finest. This album will be rememberedI have always appreciated Beyonce as an artist, however, honestly I never looked to her for intellectually stimulating organic music. I figured we only had Janelle Monae achieving any greatness in the R&B/electronic realm. With this record I stand corrected. It is a beautifully expressive piece of work. It's not perfect, but hey it's pop at it's finest. This album will be remembered years after any of us are around. I really hope she continues to experiment because we need more artists willing to do more than make an extra dollar. Expand
  76. Dec 13, 2013
    No announcement. No single. No hype. No nothing. Just her name, her talent, her vision, her music, her voice. Today will be seen as an historic day, mark my words.
    Back to this project. Incredible productions, amazing vocals, "Beyoncé" is such a great record. And on top of that, you can actually SEE what the artist meant and wanted to share. Double experience.
    I always wonder "how can
    I always wonder "how can Beyoncé top her previous effort?" and she always, ALWAYS, comes through, surprise her, and redefine music.
  77. Dec 18, 2013
    This album is something completely unexpected from Beyoncé. You can see that she's really musically evolved with this album and it's refreshing to see. Whilst there may not be any obvious 'smash hits' on the album, I think it flows beautifully and is very well constructed. I absolutely adore it and definitely recommend it.
  78. Dec 15, 2013
    All I can say is wow. Beyonce really brought it with this album without hype of promo! Every single song is special in its own way. I really cannot fault anything on this album.
  79. Dec 13, 2013
    The album keeps a lot of the simplistic yet cleverly engineered beats from her previous album 4, yet the production quality and tunes improve significantly, making it a much better effort. The best songs on the album are 'Haunted', 'Drunk In Love', 'Blow', 'Partition', 'XO' and 'Flawless'. Still, the real way in which BEYONCÉ outdoes itself is innovation: from the secret, non-promotedThe album keeps a lot of the simplistic yet cleverly engineered beats from her previous album 4, yet the production quality and tunes improve significantly, making it a much better effort. The best songs on the album are 'Haunted', 'Drunk In Love', 'Blow', 'Partition', 'XO' and 'Flawless'. Still, the real way in which BEYONCÉ outdoes itself is innovation: from the secret, non-promoted surprise release to the 'Visual album' concept to the fiercely bold lyrics and experimental craft, which is almost always enjoyable. Expand
  80. Dec 14, 2013
    I've been a loyal Beyoncé fan since '03. First off, I could have never fathomed this level of cohesion or creativity. Clearly, self-management has amped her quality of music and her extension of her artistry. The album as a whole is nothing like anything in her catalogue.
    The material is daring, both lyrically and sonically. Staying true to her R&B roots, songs like 'Pretty Hurts', 'Blow', 'XO' and 'Drunk in Love' stand out immediately. The former, which features her hit-making husband Jay-Z, is mind-blowing and delivers the hype and execution that always comes along with a Bey&J collaboration.
    Released as a visual album, the album includes 17 videos, one for each of the songs and an extra three for 'Ghost', 'Yoncé' and immediate fan-favorite, 'Bow Down'. The level of execution and the vision that develops throughout the collection of videos is immediately reminiscent of Michael Jackson's 'Thriller'. The amount of creativity it may have taken Queen B and her team to successfully seam such an incredible visual is without a doubt unparalleled by her Pop peers.
    Likewise, the lack of notification and promotion aid the excitement of the new material from the Pop Queen. It's clear that NEW RULES have been established in the music industry by way of Kanye's 'one month' notification of 'YEEZSUS', Jay-Z's 'two week' notification of 'Magna Carta: Holy Grail' and now Beyonce's 'BEYONCÉ'. Move over music executives! Music royalty seems to be overtaking the industry and doing things with NEW RULES!
  81. Dec 14, 2013
    Its a good album. but of course with every album they are the letdowns or the songs that provide a poultry deliverance..But i love this album the songs,pretty hurts,XO,partitions,Mine,Drunk On Love,Flawless,Heaven,Haunted and Jealous are really good... so Queen B, just put the middle finger to all the haters well done
  82. Dec 14, 2013
    The beats are harder than before, the songs are sexy than before and it is still just as soulful as the Beyonce we know and love. It has everything you could want. Simply ***Flawless.
  83. Dec 13, 2013
    Beyoncé proves again that she is unpredictable, that's something that makes her bigger than other artists. She's always showing something new and this surprise album is one of the best things that happened this year.
  84. Jan 21, 2014
    B put her foot into this one. This is all I am listening to right now. Videos are beautiful, she is beautiful, her baby is beautiful. I was just a regular fan before she dropped this album but I am now a full blown stan. Best album of the year!!
  85. Dec 13, 2013
    After a lot of buzz, Beysus has surpresed the world releasing a surprising maste piece of an album. More than just music, the avant-garde project propose to bring together one video for each music. The result was a intense frenesi and aclamation. This is the most consistent material in her hole career,
  86. Dec 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Beyoncé foi simplesmente espetacular nos mínimos detalhes, trazendo para 2013 um álbum que realmente vale a pena perder horas e horas apenas curtindo a vida e ouvindo este som tão bom Expand
  87. Dec 14, 2013
    The most urban album of Beyoncé's career. The biggest surprise of the year. The most incredible music videos of B are here. An evolution in your music, style and attitude.
  88. Dec 14, 2013
    Beyonce' fans all over the world have been waiting for her fifth album, and it doesn't disappoint. The theme of equality is apparent throughout the album. Beyonce' has one of the best voices in music, and uses it in many different ways. This is a true Hip-Hop/R&B album.
  89. Feb 12, 2015
    Brilliant album! Not only did the Queen defy the tradition and shatter records, this album is a visual and artistic masterpiece! She truly understands that music is a whole experience, for the ears and the eyes!
  90. Dec 16, 2013
    Only someone who has a really great feel for their work can release it with ZERO fanfare and such confidence and that comes from a lot of passion and hard work which is very evident here. My first Beyonce album but so totally worth it!!!
  91. Jan 4, 2014
    Esperava um álbum muito melhor da Beyoncé, e ela lança este comprimido para dormir. Senti falta de músicas dançantes, há algumas músicas boas mas o resto não se aproveita. A melhor coisa do álbum mesmo o conceito.
  92. Jan 5, 2014
    as a surprise album with no promotion it could've gone either two ways, which it ironically did, as breaking records in America and barely reaching the same chart position as her lowest charting album in the UK. However this is a valiant effort for someone hailed the queen when really people have had better success than her. the uptempo (blow, drunk in love, xo, partition) are great butas a surprise album with no promotion it could've gone either two ways, which it ironically did, as breaking records in America and barely reaching the same chart position as her lowest charting album in the UK. However this is a valiant effort for someone hailed the queen when really people have had better success than her. the uptempo (blow, drunk in love, xo, partition) are great but the down tempo songs leave me wanting something more to happen, and sometimes it feels like two songs have been stuck together with the awkward pauses, nevertheless a valiant effort, but maybe pushing the boundaries too far, i doubt the singles will chart high without promotion and videos already out there Expand
  93. Jan 8, 2014
    sensuality, mature, sexuality, strenght, fierce, emotion, honesty... a wonderful album for mrs carter, the best of her career for me, i still listening this 2/3 times by day
  94. Mar 4, 2014
    Beyoncé's voice is good, it's indisputable... Bút I tried much to listen the full album. It's so hard to feel such tunes. I hope she will return to her before style "single ladies"
  95. Apr 15, 2015
    Not only did Beyoncé’s new album already break multiple records, including being the fastest-selling digital album of all time, but it also has changed the way artists will release music in the future. With absolutely no announcement or promotion ‘BEYONCÉ’ was unleashed to the public exclusively on iTunes, equipped with 14 songs and 17 music videos. What makes this ‘visual album’ so muchNot only did Beyoncé’s new album already break multiple records, including being the fastest-selling digital album of all time, but it also has changed the way artists will release music in the future. With absolutely no announcement or promotion ‘BEYONCÉ’ was unleashed to the public exclusively on iTunes, equipped with 14 songs and 17 music videos. What makes this ‘visual album’ so much more respectable is the fact that all this was created while Beyoncé travelled around the world on a sold-out world tour.
    With this revoluntionary release strategy, Beyoncé has shown other artists that they can take control of their work and don’t have to hype it up in order to sell. Word gets around fast on the internet, so releasing something digitally means that everyone will know about it soon enough. There is no longer any need to announce an album 5 months before its release, because it doesn’t take that long for consumers to catch on anymore.There is also the inevitable burden of “hype”. We have so many artists these days who advertise the hell out of their product and act as if it’s going to be amazing. So much hype just ends up creating too many expectations which hurts the artist in the long run. The same can be said for companies in other industries as well.
    And it’s not only Beyoncé’s release strategy that’s amazing, the music is great as well. The R&B diva who has always held it together finally lets go on this album and shows us emotion we’ve never seen before. On “Pretty Hurts”, the first song on the album, Beyoncé tells the story of a pageant queen hopeful who is faced with the burden of having to be big-chested and skinny. She sings, “Vogue says thinner is better,” on the Sia-penned track. And while the song was written by the same woman who brought us so many pop hits in the last few years, including Rihanna’s “Diamonds”, Beyoncé makes the song her own and doesn’t end up sounding like a Sia imitator as some others have.
    Beyoncé also gives us some blunt honesty on the record. We see this clearly on “Ghost”, a song Beyoncé wrote about being fed up with record labels and the same old game. “I’m climbing up the walls ‘cause all this **** I hear is boring,” Beyoncé states in the song before expressing, “I don’t trust these record labels, I’m touring.” Later in the song we hear Beyoncé telling us that she doesn’t expect to make a lot of money off this album, a sarcastic and ironic statement in that ‘BEYONCÉ’ has already sold over 800k copies worldwide after only three days of being released.
    It isn’t all political, however, as the album covers such a wide variety of topics and genres that its almost hard to digest properly on first listen. But with writing help from Miguel, Justin Timberlake, Pharrell, and even Chairlift’s Caroline Polacheck, what was there to expect. There’s signs of funk, R&B, trap, alternative rock, and so many other genres throughout the album. This results in a body of work with so much mass appeal that it’s insane to say it won’t crossover to multiple formats. The only other influential Pop album I can think of that changed the game and was so appealing to different audiences was ‘Thriller’, and we all know how that turned out.
    Unfortunately, with such a strong statement of an album, there will be negative feedback. I’ve noticed some critics who’ve praised the album but ended up giving it a not so favorable score. It’s interesting that these publications are the same ones who give mediocre indie and rock albums 10s across the board. The problem with a lot of these critics is that they have a biased view on music and see Pop as inferior, so even if, just for example, Nicki Minaj came out with a better album than Muse, the latter would still get the higher rating just because it’s considered rock. Just because it’s a Pop artist doesn’t mean it’s inferior though, and Beyoncé has clearly earned that respect. Hopefully, as it all sinks in and people realize the brilliance, creativity, and hard work put into this project, some more traditional views will start to change.
  96. Nov 27, 2014
    As a seasoned R&B veteran who has long earned her stripes, Beyonce's fifth studio offering is disappointing in its lack of growth from previous albums and its unoriginal rehashing of tried and tested R&B tropes. Ms Knowles would do well to remember that sexier does not always equal better and hard work does not always deliver when the content is abysmally thought out to begin with. WhileAs a seasoned R&B veteran who has long earned her stripes, Beyonce's fifth studio offering is disappointing in its lack of growth from previous albums and its unoriginal rehashing of tried and tested R&B tropes. Ms Knowles would do well to remember that sexier does not always equal better and hard work does not always deliver when the content is abysmally thought out to begin with. While others laud her vocal technique and attention to detail, the lack of depth in this album makes it evident that Ms Knowles lacks basic understanding of music genres other than R&B and variations of pop. It is disheartening to know that this incomprehension does not matter when you have a fantastic production team, incredibly marketing savvy and a solid fanbase who will swear blind that pink is blue, just so that their 'Queen' may continue to reign. Expand
  97. Dec 13, 2014
    BEYONCE shows so much artistic growth. It's a truly stunning album.
    Rocket, Drunk In Love and ***Flawless have to be some of the best songs of all time!
  98. Jan 13, 2015
    The most memorable and the most musically rich album to date. Bey is the queen and will always remain. My favorite songs are: Haunted, XO, Heaven, Blow and Jealous.
  99. Apr 18, 2015
    It is simply brilliant, just like Beyonce's other albums. She's a star, a powerful, confident woman and those qualities are shown in this masterpiece. The songs are great like always.
  100. Dec 18, 2013
    at the beginning i really though that was all about her strategy, but i was surprised by this album, which is definitely her best. it's different, more mature

1. Feb 14, 2014
    At its dizzying zenith, Beyoncé is a loaded fusion of generosity and self-empowerment. or perhaps, more accurately, it finds self-empowerment in generosity.
  2. Feb 11, 2014
    It's this continued need to feed her multi-platinum beast that stops the album from being the post-modern wheeze it could have been. [Mar 2014, p.94]
  3. Jan 23, 2014
    Though there are a million details about BEYONCÉ to examine--from the release strategy to the visual aspect and more--the strongest ideas are still found solely in the music. She addresses topics like beauty, body image, miscarriages, jealousy, sexuality, marriage, motherhood and self-worth.