Born This Way - Lady Gaga
7.3

Review this album

1. Aug 15, 2013
    My favorite CD from Lady Gaga. "Born This Way" is creative and different, and an icon in pop music. The best songs are "Americano", "Bloody Mary", and "Highway Unicorn (Road To Love)".
  2. May 28, 2012
    A Powerful Album!
    Unforgetable This Album Has Gotten Slammed Alot! I Have No Clue Why.. Its Simply Amazing
    Hair Should Be A Single!
  3. Aug 10, 2014
    Born This Way came out in 2011 and it's still one of the most polarizing pop records in the '10s, Lady Gaga channels her inner Bruce Springsteen on an arena rocking scale, Queen on a campy scale, and Madonna on a musical scale and, well, everywhere else -- "Born This Way" comes close to being hailed as one of the greatest remixes of "Express Yourself" to date. But although her gender-f***ing emulation might be her trademark, Lady Gaga certainly is an icon in her own right and has her own emulating pop stars to increase her impact in terms of influence in the mainstream music industry.

Notably, BTW is musically, vocally, and conceptually about whatever the hell it wants to be: Gaga sings in French, Italian, Spanish, and faux-German gibberish -- she "Doesn't speak German, but [she] can if you'd like" -- to dance-pop gloss covered in influences of EDM, country, rock 'n' roll, heavy metal, and in "Americano"'s case, mariachi, while turning sex, race, religion, immigracy, and LGBT rights into 16 of the catchiest pop songs of the early '10s, whether any of it feels natural or not. And although there are times when she takes herself way too seriously ("I'm gonna marry the night/I'm not gonna cry anymore"), Gaga is also a songwriter of epically goofy proportions, spouting some very, very memorable lines: ("Fame hooker, prostitue wrench, vomits her mind"), ("I don't speak German/But I wish I could"), and the most grandiose of them all ("I want your whiskey mouth all over my blonde south").

The highlights on BTW come from the latter end of the disc: "Heavy Metal Lovers" sure ain't metal on any musical level, but it has leather-stutted-gay-haus-dancing-in-the-dark-dirty house music down to an art; "Electric Chapel" is an ethereal electronic rock song that's more ABBA than ABBA's cover group A-Teens (who were one of my guiltiest pleasures ever, by the way); "You & I" features former Queen guitarist Brian May on the electric guitar that'll be the first and last country rock ballad dedicated to the state of Nebraska; and at last, "The Edge of Glory" is an '80s wannabe arena pop stomper that was written about the death of her grandfather in 2010, which not only shows off Mother Monster's vocal pipes, but it's also a highlight in the '00s' era of electronic music, topped by an unnecessary yet nonetheless epic saxophone solo from the late legend Clarence Clemons.

In retrospective, Born This Way very well could have worked as a successor to her most recent ARTPOP, because it's the Gaga we fell in love with during the 21st century. It's compositional pretentious never fails to rival of the heart that Gaga injects into it. It's not a masterpiece more than it is an admirably cohesive pop collection of songs that show just how inspirational top 40 music can be. It's not as if we all have to like it -- it's drained of innovation on a technical scale and we're still waiting to meet Stefani Germanotta when she's not in make-up or meat dresses. But whether it's for her commandment on the dancefloor, her wild, Bjork-esque fashion choices, or her support for the LGBT community, you got to respect on some sort of level.
  4. Mar 24, 2013
    Every Song Is Amazing And Unique In It's Own Way! Almost Every Song Off The Album Could Be A Single! This Album Does Not Suck As Many Reviewers Stated... Possibly The Best Of 2011!
  5. Mar 24, 2013
    I don't think anybody saw it coming when Lady Gaga changed her genre slightly to show of the amazing vocals that most people never thought she had in the first place. Her songwriting talent shone on this album as well. My one comment would be the use of auto tune that can be found on a few tracks. Other than that, the Grammy-nominated album was one of the best of 2011.
  6. Nov 14, 2013
    Born This Way was such a double-edged sword for Gaga. Things started out so well, with one of the biggest singles of her career and an amazing 2 million copies sold on the first day worldwide, including 1.1 million in the US alone. But then, things started going wrong. Polarising single choices, overexposure and too much weirdness all caused the album to die a slow death. By the time the tour began nearly a year after release, it was only the fans that cared anymore. Despite this, she managed to pull in a $181 million grossing world tour and had her final dates not been cancelled due to her hip injury (the icing on top of a terrible year), the tour would have been her second consecutive one to hit the $200 million mark. But the public still looks upon the album as a failure which is frankly baffling.
    So, why is the album looked upon so negatively? Because I think it's brilliant. Gaga really showed her diversity with this mesmerising body of work that has shades of light and dark, positivity and sadness. We get uplifting tracks about acceptance with Born This Way, Bad Kids, Hair, ScheiBe and Highway Unicorn. We get sexy songs like Government Hooker and Heavy Metal Lover. We get dark, spooky songs with Bloody Mary and Electric Chapel. We get religious commentary with Judas and Fashion Of His Love. We get deeply personal songs for Gaga in the form of Marry The Night, The Queen, Black Jesus/Amen Fashion and You And I. And we get the astonishing power ballad tour de force that is The Edge Of Glory. It's hard to find a pop album is deep, diverse and personal as this. It should be a pop classic but unfortunately will likely by filed under "under-rated diamond in the rough." I hope it hasn't ended Gaga's career for good because it's evident from this album that she has so much more to give.
  7. Jun 20, 2011
    The most awaited album of 2011 has arrived! Though the top tracks like "Fashion Of His Love" and "Black Jesus + Amen Fashion" were only on the Special Edition, the album itself is worthy of the title of ALBUM OF 2011. It brings back the 80s vibe and saxophones are present throughout the album. The highlights of the album are "Hair", "SheiÃ
  8. Jun 20, 2014
    O melhor album da Gaga e O MELHOR ALBUM QUE JÁ OUVI,a Gaga traz músicas sombrias,felizes e dançantes,ela consegue celebrar a aceitação de todas as formas possíveis,ela te lembra o lado negro de ser você e o lado arco-íris.
    Pena que não levou 1 Grammyzinho.
  9. May 23, 2011
    14 EARWORMS. Her music has totally evolved and the diversity of this monster provides music for everyone. It's a brave and proper step and though it is clear that this is not (yet) "album of the decade", only time will tell. Just settle yourself for the biggest pop rollercoaster ride Gaga has ever conceived. A masterpiece.
  10. Sep 23, 2014
    This album is so different of everything that Gaga did and it's awesome. She can sing Rock/Jazz/Pop. She is a singer, She is a true Artist. And I'm very proud =)
  11. May 23, 2011
    Amazing album. Other than Highway Unicorn (Road To Love) which is horrible, every track is unique and has something to offer. The album includes everything and even the ones who did not enjoy her previous work will find something they like.
    Standouts:
    Government Hooker, Judas, Marry The Night, The Edge Of Glory, You and I
  12. May 27, 2011
    ThisThis Album Is Overall Good.. Below Is A Track Listing And A Score Out Of 10-
    Marry The Night 10/10, Born This Way 10/10, Government Hooker 8/10, Judas 8/10, Americano 2/10, Hair 8/10, ScheiÃ
  13. Mar 9, 2013
    Gaga transformed every fail, every good thing in a unique album, lots of people say that is repetitive. When I listened to this for the first time, it was looking repetitive, but after I found the lyrics, and keep on listening, I treated every song different, with distinct ways.
  14. Aug 23, 2011
    They say "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." Well, imitation is the root of pop culture. Gaga has been able to mold past works and genres into a modernized pop masterpiece in the way Madonna did back in her peak. This album will be remembered not only for it's unique presence in our current mainstream scene but for the amazing visuals shes presented with the album publicly. From the alien-esque Marilyn Manson inspired prosthetics from her Born This Way music video to the Biblical imagery of her Youtube hit Judas. I'm sure the cherry on top will happen when her worldwide tour kicks off in support of this album. This album is a melting pot of new-wave, hair-metal, club beats, dance-pop, and rock'n'roll. She's come a long way from the faux-plastic pop of The Fame and if she keeps pushing her creativity I know she'll make a huge mark in music history. Expand
  15. May 24, 2011
    Pop, Electro, Dubstep, Dance, Country... This is what you'll find in Born This Way. Dance while thinking, this is what Gaga is trying to say in this album. Is it the pop album of the decade, as Akon said? Maybe... after all, the decade just started. But, it is the best pop release since Justin Timberlake's Futuresex/Lovesound. Hits? Marry The Night, Americano, Hair, The Edge Of Glory and of course, Born This Way and Judas. I feel you'll hear about Born This Way for a whole year for sure. Expand
  16. Aug 1, 2011
    This is a great album .the only thing we have to do is just to listen it . Gaga has a fabulous voice and in these months we are witnessing it in different television programs around the world France, Japan, Italy, United States.The acoustic versions are doing is showing how talented as a singer Beyonce has already said a few days ago: lady gaga is a talent west unico.kanye said Born this way deserves a note outstanding. Adele also said he loves Gaga. Be constructive and not to hate people either jealousy or something else and by that I mean the Tiny Mix Tapes criticism . Expand
  17. Apr 29, 2012
    Compare Lady Gaga's career to the Bible, 'The Fame' being Christmas (birth), 'The Fame Monster' being Easter (resurrection, but nobody died) and 'Born This Way' being The Second Coming. This album is so important, so grand, so good, so well made and so meaningful to millions it really is Biblical.
  18. Oct 8, 2013
    Amazing, Strange but very good, The lyrics and the message of the whole album is incredible, the sounds are so diferent and wear but so so amazing. I can't say anymore, it's excelent, exceptional, I can't say perfect beacuse it isn't but it comes near.
  19. May 29, 2011
    Other than "Born This Way", which is way too similar to Madonna's 1989 single "Express Yourself", every song is fantastic. "Judas" and "The Edge of Glory" are brilliant.
  20. May 24, 2011
    An exceptionally amazing album which has few flaws in it. Sure, there may be some tracks that seriously make me think that it was added just to so-called extend the timing on the record, but those tracks that were excellent were really, unforgettable. Some examples include ''Americano'', ''Scheisse'', ''Hair'', ''The Edge of Glory'', ''Born This Way'', ''Judas'' and ''Marry the Night''. The rest are all beautiful in its own way, cause Gaga makes no mistakes. It's on the right track, baby, it was made this way. Expand
  21. May 23, 2011
    I didn't think it was possible to improve on The Fame Monster, but Lady GaGa has managed to do just that. This is a brilliant album, dark, dancy and loud. This will be considered one of the greatest albums of all time.
  22. Dec 15, 2013
    Lady Gaga´s best album to date (including Artpop). Crazy production, lots of good and different songs, her best recorded vocals to date. And that so much needed 80s throwback music was needing in this era where superficial stuff sadly shines the most on radio. With this one she proved she is really above her pop peers on every front and became an albums artist, unlike her way less talented competition (Katy Perry, Rihanna, Milye Cyrus and the likes). Amazing album. A little bit over produced but kind of epic. Expand
  23. Jun 1, 2011
    thought pjharvey would have made it, but nah, BORN this WAY, is the album of the year 2011. so far... i'm absolutely in love with every song, well 2 or 3 off, but they are on the deluxe edition anyway.
    Heavy metal Lover and Passion of his Love: GREAT songS!!!!!!
  24. May 27, 2011
    Lady GaGa aka Pop Queen 2011, may have taken a giant leap away from her previous album , The Fame, towards the music of Far East Movement, she still manages to make some outstanding music. From the thumping Dance Songs 'Judas', 'Marry the Night' and 'SchieBe' to the soft delicate 'You and I' GaGa aims to please, and Succeeds.
  25. Aug 26, 2014
    One of the best albums ever. Amazing climate, instrumentals and lyrics. My favorite songs - The Edge of Glory (the best on the album), Marry The Night, Bloody Mary and Heavy Metal Lover.
  26. May 23, 2011
    Most definitely gaga's best work to date. I'm so sick of albums being hyped up to the point where they aren't enjoyable anymore. I was starting to doubt the greatness of 'Born This Way' until i actually heard it. It is truly beautiful! Very big variety while staying with Gaga's signature sound. I cannot choose any favorite(s) tracks because all songs are equally good. very consistent. I LOVE GAGA AND I WAS BORN THIS WAY. Expand
  27. Jun 11, 2011
    While not Gaga's best work, this is a great album on its own merits featuring some groovy beats and sensational (and controversial) lyrics. And probably one of the best pop albums released this year.
  28. Nov 5, 2013
    Como amo este album! es el mejor que he escuchado de Gaga, en este album fluyen muchas emociones al pasar por las canciones, sin duda un album epico que no pasa desapercibido! Good Job Gaga
  29. Oct 15, 2011
    Needless to say, awesome album. Tiny Mix Tapes is obviously unprofessional and biased to give it a zero, especially when almost every other review disagrees with it. Those who hate this album are just prejudiced against mainstream music and are very bigoted about it, or they believe those dumb rumours of Lady Gaga being Satanic when they have no hard evidence. Period.
  30. Oct 25, 2011
    Hell yes, this is an album that sould be listed among the best of this year!!!This album is totally different from her previous album, and that's what artists should do!!!Explore new ground and find new ideas that will bring you ear-orgasm, and Gaga surely delivers that at the maximum point!Every song is a highlight on its own in this album, an album that breaks music boundaries the way only Gaga can do!!! Expand
  31. May 23, 2011
    (9,0)
    Lady GaGa criou um album experimental, com musicas que vão desde a agressiva Judas à delicada Hair, mas a maior gloria de todo o albúm foi a ausencia de musicas ruins. Desde a melódica Marry The Night até a gloriosa The Edge Of Glory, GaGa nos leva à uma viagem de sons e
    composições dos mais variados tipos. Certamente, o melhor album POP dos ultimos anos. Expand
  32. Jul 18, 2011
    Compared to the previous two albums, and the hype up to this one it is a real let down. This album unlike "The Fame" (2008), and "The Fame Monster" (2009) it acutally has songs that need burned. The first album, and second realeses both saw the entire album having good really songs. This is something you won't find on "Born This Way" (2011)! Songs that should be burnt, and have not made it on the album include "Black Jesus + Amen Fashion", and "SheiBe". While it has others that are just decent like "The Queen", "Electric Chaple", "Fashion Of His Love", "Government Hooker", and more. While the standout tracks include "Born This Way", "Americano", "Bad Kids", "You And I", "The Edge Of Glory", "Hair", "Highway Unicorn (Road To Love)", "Heavy Metal Lover", and my personal favorite Lady Gaga song of all time "Judas". However it has equally good and bad moments, when it's good, it is phenominal! Expand
  33. Mar 23, 2012
    The lyric and production of the album is definitely a step up for Lady Gaga. One of the best album of 2011. Definitely worth your money. My favourite tracks are The Edge of Glory, You and I, Marry The Night and Judas. Check it out.
  34. GlM
    Sep 24, 2014
    Anthems, talent, chart toppers and genuinely good music. What more could Mother Monster deliver with her latest effort? 'Born This Way' successfully uses Rock, Pop and Dance to spread messages of self acceptance and love and further connect to fans all around the world, whilst also elevating Lady Gaga's pedestal of fame further. Hidden gems 'Bloody Mary', 'Heavy Metal Lover' and 'Scheiße' are just as brilliant as chart toppers 'Judas', 'Yoü and I' and title track 'Born This Way'. Expand
  35. Mar 11, 2013
    It seems that with every album she just grows stronger vocally, lyrically, and melodically. There's so much depth to this and her if you bother to dig past her image.
  36. Oct 13, 2013
    Lady gaga explora nuevos sonidos fuertes desde el rock, hasta pequeñas partes de opera, una verdadera artista que se dedica a revolucionarse musicalmente, a buscar sonidos extraños y arriesgarse en crear un fantastico album.
  37. May 23, 2014
    5. Political statements and complex themes run throughout this hour long magnum opus of mother monster. Her manifesto unfolds like a blurry autobiography, with pounding synths affirming her resolve - baby, we were Born This Way. This album was a risk, and especially so early in her career. But now, we realize the true triumph of the record - seventeen tracks riddled with religious and political imagery, giving birth to an undeniable gay rights anthem and a new generation of Little Monsters. Gaga's ability to craft songs of self empowerment and her usually club bangers shines here. It may be one of the most influential and important albums of the decade thus far. Expand
  38. Sep 26, 2014
    Certainly not an average pop album.
    It has soul, it has a meaning, a purpose,and damn, Gaga sings in each and every one of these songs. It might seem weird for people to actually take some time and pay attention to what a pop album has to say, but once you comprehend Born This Way and its message, you see how this is definitely a great mark on pop music.
  39. Sep 24, 2014
    Back in 2011, this album was undoubtedly one of the best album of the year. It shines between all the other generic, mediocre albums. It was a fresh breath of air.
  40. Aug 26, 2011
    This thing gets better everytime you listen to it, and already its shaping up to be one of the most underrated albums of the decade. Those panning this album are obviously unable to accept the change in style from The Fame and therefore I can only assume want their artists to keep producing the same stuff at every outing and not explore new avenues. If that's what you want; then this masterpiece isn't for you. Whereas those of us who welcome the change in style can appreciate that tracks like U&I, The Edge of Glory and Hair are the highpoint of her career. Gaga is simply brilliant, I don't give a flying **** if Katy Perry has more Grammy nominations for her much LESS remarkable Teenage Dream; I never expected this album to be fully appreciated for what it is anyway. "I just wanna be myself, and i want you to love me for who I am.." We do, Gaga...we do. Expand
  41. Apr 7, 2012
    The BEST Album of the history, Judas, Born This Way, Marry the Night, Hair, The Edge of Glory, Black Jesus, You and I, so perfect! GaGa is so perfect, my favorite album. No more questions, GaGa is the new queen.
  42. Aug 4, 2012
    An excellent album, although on the whole I feel it's a bit weaker than The Fame Monster. There are some songs that get tiring to listen to too often - Highway Unicorn and Bad Kids are almost TOO full of happy pop "be yourself" vibes, and Government Hooker's beat is so dirty that it can only be tolerated in small doses. This is more than balanced out by the absolutely incredible Marry The Night, Electric Chapel, and Scheisse - Marry The Night may be the only one of those to get any single play, but they're all beautiful examples of what Lady Gaga is capable of. The rest of the album isn't a slouch either. The sounds have more variety than The Fame Monster while still having a consistant euro-inspired feel to the dancey tracks, and a whole lot of Gaga's soul on the more emotional tracks. Expand
  43. Oct 17, 2013
    born this way is one of the best albuns ever, it´s so experimental and dark, with a good message of love, peace, it´s a fantastic invite to love yourself celebrate who you are and follow all your dreams, to make them come true, gaga shows her many ways to make good songs there are amazing tracks and fantastics productions, it´s the best album of the year
  44. Nov 10, 2013
    I love Lady Gaga, but this was not her best album. It's still really good however. I believe it's an underrated album. Because it has a lot of really good songs. I personally like them all though. I can go through all the songs and sing them all word for word. The album has a nice tone and meaning but is not quite up to par with The Fame and The Fame Monster.
    My Personal favorites: Born
    This Way, Judas, Edge of Glory, Marry The Night, Schibe, Heavy Metal Lover, and Bloody Mary. Expand
  45. Sep 26, 2014
    prometeu álbum da geração e cumpriu, rainha do pop é assim mesmo amore. não esperava menos, tem mais qualidade que toda a carreira da doceira sem grammys
  46. Jun 25, 2014
    This album is unique and perfect. Born This Way saved so many lives around the world because of your message. In short, it's an album full of responsibility!
  47. Sep 23, 2014
    A very strong effort. It goes in a lot of different directions. Gaga is clearly still trying to harness her creativity, and she's getting there slowly but surely. The sheer amount of new music here - over 70 minutes with the bonus tracks - is impressive, and there are no filler tracks. She misses the mark a couple times (Bad Kids, Hair), but she scores many more times (Marry The Night, Government Hooker, Americano, Scheibe, Electric Chapel). Highly recommend for any pop/dance music fan Expand
  48. Sep 24, 2014
    In this album Gaga shows the world that she is not only a pop singer, she can sing rock and more, she shows that she is a complete artist, THE BEST ALBUM OF THE YEAR
  49. Oct 4, 2014
    ıst so bıt hc yen hsyeha jdjhsad kjashd asdba rıaj asdjh kad asdb asjruwe kahwje hjakerwjhea jawkehjasjhdasjdaskjdhlhlreau hjwehjwqeasdwhqjeawsdsanbdabn jhdsad
  50. May 24, 2011
    "Born This Way" is AMAZING! It's pop-dance-techno-rock extravaganza! The album is a clever mix of 80 's inspired tracks + unique futuristic Gagaesque anthems. Truly, Gaga is the best thing that happened to pop music since Madonna!
  51. May 24, 2011
    When I first listened to Born This Way, I was very disappointed that it did not sound like The Fame Monster. After my second and third listens, I really started to love the album and was actually glad that it was not a The Fame or The Fame Monster remake. This is Gaga trying something new and it sounds damn good! Not different, just new. Many of the songs (like Hair, ScheiÃ
  52. Jul 12, 2011
    This is one of those albums that only die-hard lady gaga fans will talk about. What they're talking about, though, are the aspects of this album that make it pleasant, addictive, retrospective, and quite honestly, beautiful. It's not like gaga's trying to get attention. She's only trying to part her talent from the campy and repetitive "talent" circulating in every radio channel. Her songs are individually rhythmic and melodic, with novel lyrics and messages. Her tunes are catchy and jumpy, with entertaining and somewhat nostalgic beats. Overall, this album is both an accomplishment worth future accolades AND a piece of modern art. Expand
  53. Jul 27, 2011
    This album is software proof that art still lives in pop music. Lady Gaga has understood something about artistic freedom and lyrical depth. Something that seemed to be missing from the album's descendant, "The Fame Monster". Where it may not be as much as a commercial success, this album shows a much more bolder, stronger, and emotional kind of delivery. Where at points it may feel rushed, cheesy, and overworked...it makes up for the artistry in the depth of the meaning of her music. Bringing together classical music, rock, pop, dance, jazz, and techno, Lady Gaga has made a true effort into creating something that is not mediocre. The religious imagery in "Born This Way" reminds us that art, faith, and music can all co-exist once again. And maybe Lady Gaga is the person to bring the three worlds back together. Expand
  54. Sep 14, 2011
    This album is just awesome, i loved it. Bloody Mary, Scheibe, Marry the Night, Hair and The Queen are certainly the best tracks, but all musics are great. I just didn't like Highway Unicorn too much, it has a bad song but Gaga's volcals are perfect in all tracks.
  55. Dec 4, 2011
    The album features influences Heavy Metal, Disco, Glam Rock. The vocals are perfect, the lyrics are a challenge, the melody is incredible. Gaga has brought us something really good and different.
  56. Apr 21, 2014
    When Gaga is not singing her heart out in this album, she is singing beautiful, relatable poems in form of a Pop song. Born This Way is not only lenghty and Pop Fantastico, but it is also Gaga's best album yet.
    Just look at the love Gaga gives to its little monsters with this album. Songs like "Born This Way", "Hair", "Bad Kids", "You & I" and "The Edge of Glory" offer a connection with
    the artist no other pop albums out there can do. The best of the bunch are definitely "The Edge of Glory", with its 80s Nostalgia fusion of techno and pop, "Hair", with its profund lyrics, and "Bloody Mary", with its soft rythm and mesmerizing beats. The rest of the songs are also very good (Except "Heavy Metal Lover", which is avoidable). There are some similar songs that ring familiarity, like "Americano" (Alejandro) or "Judas" (A sicker "Bad Romance") but the overall experience is so gratifying. If you love Gaga, go buy this album right now. It takes everything you love about "The Fame Monster", extends it, makes it darker, more personal and more poetic, and with Gaga's signature weirdness you will not have a bad time ever. Expand
  57. Nov 3, 2013
    De verdad pienso que es uno de los discos más menospreciados de esta nueva era.
    BTW es el epítome en el momento de la globalización. Aquí se reúnen grandes sonidos y géneros al rededor del pop.
    La voz de Gaga está en su mejor momento. Es variado, lleno de momentos grandes... en ningún instante de da un respiro. Y de eso se trata, de cantar a todo volumen las letras.
    Es el album más
    emblemático de los últimos años. Expand
  58. Dec 21, 2013
    THIS is an album! I never tire of hearing him is so magical! In this era, Gaga spared no talent, performances and lives were perfect. Very proud of what she has become, how much she has matured in so little time, musically speaking. ILY!
  59. Sep 25, 2014
    The power anthem. Definitely one of Gaga' best album. You guys should really check it out. It helped me alot in my troubled times. I hope the album will do the same to you too!
  60. Sep 23, 2014
    this girl work so hard ... OMG THIS WORK IS AMAZING... Keep doin it gurl u know ull be the new Gaga... I love the way u ork keep working amazing work... You and I is the best :)
  61. Sep 30, 2014
    Incredibly, deeply-thought and catchy anthems for the bullied and abused age. Born This Way serves right for humanity, with genres spinning along like a gyroscope.
  62. May 28, 2011
    Those who criticize that we the fans give it high scores because we're fans are just ignorant, we like her music so we gave her high scores, fan or not if you like the album then you high scores, its just that simple. I have to say I have my doubts at first because I'm surprised that she actually chose to go for the artist creative album this early in her career, at first I thought it was career suicide but after I heard Born This Way... I feel stupid for even doubting her. This album will not appeal for those wishing to listen to just pure top 40 radio songs, it's not a mainstream album by any pop definition. She's an artist that wishes to experiments and grow during her career, this album is the result. It's definitely not album of the decade by any chance, but it's definitely a great pop album. It strays far from her roots and at times she is trying to hard in this album to please any fans possible, but at least she tries. Most of it were awesome, themes ranging from self-empowerment, immigrants, appreciate life and others positive theme. It definitely have a more gothic lyrics in this album, the chorus of the whole album can be repetitive at times but it's only a minor problem. If you find yourself liking this album then I think you have no problem agreeing that for an 'artist creative' album, this is one damn good pop album. Expand
  63. May 24, 2011
    Another fantastic album from Lady Gaga. I can't believe there's no filler on this album. Her hard work really shows in this album, it's definitely ambitious record.
  64. May 23, 2011
    Absolutely perfect. A beautiful and perfect album, thank you Gaga! Amazing, not boring, incredible, fantastic! The TRIUMPH of sounds! There isn't a track on this record that is a misfire.
  65. May 23, 2011
    Pop music has a bad reputation: repetition, laziness, the lack of anything by the singer. Thankfully, artists like GaGa do exist. Producing a -highly- solid (and not all radio friendly) albums with masterful songs causing 'Born This Way' to nearly burst at the seams, it stands tribute that Pop music is a genre like any other, though highly infused with rock and electronic also. Most stand out tracks for me are 'Bloody Mary', 'Heavy Metal Lovers' and 'Government Hooker'. A must buy. Expand
  66. May 24, 2011
    Lady gaga returns to the music scene with her record-breaking album BORN THIS WAY, which contains a song for everyone! Every song is different and has something special about it. Gaga has managed to marry electronic music with her glam rock influences which adds a refreshing twist to her music style. The reigning pop queen abandons the typical electronic sound which was displayed in The Fame. In my opinion, this album will make The Fame's success seem like nothing, because the effervescent tracks on this album are timeless! Expand
  67. May 24, 2011
    Is not that bad at all... from all the new pop albums this is the best, is strong and dont sounds like a remixed album (Femme Fatale for example). who says it sounds the same must be deaf there are only about 3/17 songs that sounds KINDA the same. The Tiny Mix Tapes critic is so childish, reading that review I couldn't imagine what kind of "profesional" will make it's critic based in how much they hate or love lady gaga, EVERYTHING has two sides bad and good and if you are supoused to be a profesional you should take both sides, the final result maybe is a 40 0r 30 BUT you took both sides before.... THAT'S WHAT PROFESIONAL PEOPLE DO Tiny Mix Tapes review looks like a troll review that hate Lady GaGa. it loses a lot of credibility. Expand
  68. Jun 11, 2011
    "Oops.... Lady Gaga do it again". She can sing, she can write... she can all! Although some songs sound polluted, over half the album and get over it shows the potential of voice. Is undoubtedly one of the albums of the year ... do not expect any "Fame Monster, " but here we have another great job
  69. Jun 26, 2011
    I have played this album numerous times without skipping a track.This is one of the most diverse albums with interesting lyrics and the dance beats are out of this world.Her vocals are pure without interference from auto tune which makes it very real.Each track is different,mostly 80s influence.Such diversity in an album is a rare find these days.Overall,it is better than the Fame & the Fame Monster and vocally it is her best yet. Expand
  70. Jul 5, 2011
    It's pop music at it's finest and definitely Gaga's best record to date. Standout tracks include Americano, ScheiÃ
  71. Aug 14, 2011
    Gaga gives us awesome songs in her new album. In my opinion, even though some songs are irrelevant and skipped, %80 are being listened and ADORED. Some of her songs are electronic, some are pop, some are heavy-pop, some are rock but none of them falls apart when it comes to concept and general feeling. I'm definitely not disappointed.
  72. Mar 23, 2012
    Pretentious, yes. Innovative, no. Different and unapologetic yet pushing buttons and standing on it's own platform. YES. 'Born This Way' may have been an overhyped piece of overproduced music coming with your side of gaga sounding like a preachy incomplete transformer, but it does stick to it's theme and does what only a few other albums have been able to do this year. Stray away from the trend. The album has it's gems [Marry The Night, Government Hooker, Hair, Bloody Mary] and it has it downfalls [Judas, Americano, **** Black Jesus]. All in all, it's pop music in many different forms. It's appealing to all audiences especially with it's central theme of freedom, however the message along with a lot of the music get's lost. Still one of the best pop albums of the last 5 years I must say. Expand
  73. Feb 2, 2012
    Honestly, it's a phenomenal album. Packed with self-appreciation anthems, Born This Way doesn't disappoint. Tracks like 'Americano', where Gaga is singing in Spanish and 'Scheisse' where Gaga features lyrics in German- and faux-German- while singing a feminist anthem are where Lady Gaga truly shows off her musical talents and capabilities. From the opening track 'Marry the Night' (which is about Gaga's love for her home city New York) through to the final track 'The Edge of Glory' (about her grandfathers death), the album doesn't fail to disappoint. In my opinion, the strongest tracks are 'Bloody Mary' and the weakest is 'Electric Chapel'. Collapse
  74. Mar 17, 2013
    Wow! It was easy to only put on the great songs on The Fame Monster. But here with Born This Way, Lady Gaga managed to have a full-length album with almost only monumental pop records. Unlike her previous album, here we can really feel what is the Lady Gaga style in the music and the lyrics. Born This Way is one of the greatest album in modern pop music. The only thing that it misses is a ballade and some calm and relaxing songs. Born This Way is a little bit too much energetic, it should have contained one or several breaks. Expand
  75. Jun 15, 2013
    Now I know I might be a little late to the party but better late than never. So what can I say about Born This, especially with a two year perspective now? I can tell it is one of, if not the best album I've heard in my life. From Marry the Night to The Edge of Glory the energy does not let up. Her vocals are stronger than they ever have been, and the culmination of her past experiences along with new ideas (both sonically and thematically) along with new producers breeds her most mature album to date. Some lyrics are cheesy and at times the production takes you back to a time of nostalgia, but that's what it's all about. It's inspired by the 80's for a reason, this was Gaga's childhood, her birth moments, of course an album with such a title will be inspired by the things that inspired her as a child. Fans across the globe have responded to the messages contained within these songs and have responded with strength and hope at the new found belief within themselves to accomplish anything. For many people, this is war cry album. We will not be confined to what society thinks of us, we are our own destiny. Even now, 2 years later, I can still listen to the whole thing straight through and feel that passion within me that the album lends along with it's ability to sound just as fresh as the day I got it. Don't let the negativity surrounding the comparisons made by those out of jealous and bitterness deter you from giving this album an open-minded chance. It is a beautiful collection of music, one that will certainly more appreciation in the years to come. Expand
  76. Jan 12, 2014
    Wonderful self-empowerment album!Born This Way song itself proved that even music can make you feel stronger and be more tolerant!Really amazing vocals!
  77. Sep 23, 2014
    Gaga is peeerrrrrrr-feeeect yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas gaga yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassss you sound soooooo goooooooooooooooooooood!
  78. Sep 23, 2014
    This will be the anthem of a generation. I just can't describe how perfect this album is, from the first lyric to the last beat. This makes Little Monsters proud.
  79. May 28, 2011
    Wonderfu, Awesome, amazing, can not find words to describe this cd. Great songs, deep lyrics, this album is in a higher degree, much better than her previous ones. Simply a masterpiece
  80. May 23, 2011
    The hype was worth it. Lady GaGa's Born This Way is a marvelous record. She sings her heart out in every song. Simply AMAZING! There are no stand-out tracks on the album, each and every song is great and could be a potential single. Weather she is singing about religion, love, fighting for equal rights or fighting for your own identity, she always makes sure that your going to be comfortable listening to it. Expand
  81. May 23, 2011
    Lady GaGa gave an exceptional album. It sounds so different in a good way from her previous work. The lyrics are so inspiring and themes like be yourself, betrayal, self esteem and identity is themes that are generation struggle for. The music is marvelous, it makes you dance or cry (i.e. The Edge of Glory). The GaGa phenomenon is the new type of reality and its characteristic boundless freedom. Not only album of 2011 or the decade or anything else it is the album of our generation and it is definitely part of it since MJ, Madonna, Mariah Carey described and marked their generation and continue to be, "Born This Way" is excellency and the '10s a have a good start. Congratulations! Expand
  82. Oct 28, 2011
    The best album I've ever heard! Mother Monster has totally overcome herself! THE ALBUM OF THE DECADE. is the anthem of our generation and I will always remeber I WAS BORN THIS WAY! so congratulations, Gaga you did it!
  83. May 23, 2011
    This album truly shows how Gaga really can sing her ass off. She may censor the word in her songs, but the content is all from the heart. "The Edge of Glory" might just be the best pop song of the year, and "You and I" may be her best example of versatility. "Shiesse", "Judas", "Born This Way", "Government Hooker", "Marry the Night", and "Americano" also show that she still has the ability to create a club banging hit. Overall a great album, and definitely worth the hype Expand
  84. Vic
    May 31, 2011
    This album differs from previous Gaga's albums, but it's not worse and I guess not better. It's just different. There are no stand-out songs but every song is fun, cool and easy to listen. It's a totally commercial album that was made in a highly professional style! Not a lot of musicians can actually do something like that nowadays! It's a solid album and it leaves only positive emotions!
  85. Jul 26, 2011
    This album is great from start to finish. I actually agree it is the album of the decade (2010-2011). I haven't heard an album I like more than this one, to be honest. Negative reviews for the album are completely ridiculous to me. Either the person does not like this genre of music or they have a biased opinion against Lady Gaga. Every song sounds completely different from the next with each containing the high production value and song writing you would expect from Gaga. The album's first half is more modern sounding dance tracks while the later half has more of a 80/90's and rock influence. Excellent! Expand
  86. Apr 3, 2012
    Very good album! I like it very much, especially ''Americano'', ScheiBe, ''Fashion Of His Love'' and ''You And I''. I really like it!. I can't wait for Gaga's next album!!
  87. Apr 2, 2012
    This is the most meaningfull album she has out this far. She believes in it, so do her little monsters. Broke a World record with Born This Way, fastest selling single in Itunes history, a title , she will have for a very, very long time.
  88. Dec 5, 2012
    Obviously it's not the best album of the decade, best Gaga's album but it's realoly good anyways. This is incrible because she shows hard that powerful voice. There's a similar sound in Hair/The Edge Of Glory but both are great and the meesage that this songs try bring to us
  89. Jan 16, 2013
    The best of the year 2011- 2012 is just perfect, something never seen before, something innovative, new & unique. Lady Gaga as always surprising us with music that no one would imagine could exist.
  90. Apr 10, 2013
    What a masterpiece we have into this amazing album. This album has so great musics, i can listen to this all day. And the songs are very ecletic, it has until Spanish songs lol. Bloody Mary is the best!!
  91. Nov 17, 2013
    Nada comparado ao The Fame. O álbum mais completo, complexo, profundo e segue uma ordem perfeita, aliás, o maior álbum em quesitos de estrutura e formação da Lady Gaga. Foi maravilhosamente produzido e trás faixas fortíssimas e grandes hits como a própria faixa que cedeu nome ao álbum, Born This Way. Sintetizadores, batidas eletrônicas alegres, sinos de igreja e até baladas. O álbum trás uma mensagem fortíssima em faixas como Born This Way, Hair, The Queen e a própria The Edge Of Glory, escrita pela própria Gaga para o seu avô. completamente divertido e ao mesmo tempo reflexivo, transversal e ao mesmo tempo focal. Foi o maior álbum de 2011, e um dos maiores clássicos da década, assim como prometido pela Gaga. Vendeu mais de 1,1 milhão de cópias em sua semana de estreia, totalizando ao todo, até hoje, cerca de 10 milhões de cópias mundialmente. Aliás, se não fosse o 21 da Adele, teria sido o álbum do ano pelo Grammy. Expand
  92. May 23, 2011
    Brilliant.
    I expected nothing less from Mother Monster. On my first listen, I felt that I wasn't hooked on the new, darker style that Gaga produces on this album. But by the second listen, I was hooked.
    Gaga has created a new sound for herself with 'Born This Way,' and much of the songs have strong meanings relating to Gaga and her fans. I think my favourites are 'Government Hooker,'
    (which is about the relationship between Marilyn Monroe and J.F.K., in case you were wondering) 'Judas,' 'Americano,' (which is reminiscent of Alejandro) and 'Bloody Mary,' which I feel is great and very different to anything that you have ever heard from Gaga.
    I feel that with this album, although not everything is perfect, Gaga is very close to finding herself and her perfect style.
  93. May 24, 2011
    I love this album. In my opinion, it's my own album of this decade. Even her next albums are better, I still mark this year is the year which had changed my life. All the track are very good, especially Scheisse & Bad Kids. This album is nothing like Femme Fatale, Animal, Cannibal .v..v.. It can change the world.
  94. May 23, 2011
    If you're looking for a secondary Bad Romance or Just Dance, this album is not your cup of tea. This album shows the maturity of Lady Gaga. Born This Way is her finest work to date, and it nearly lived up to the hype that Gaga made it out to be. The Album Of The Decade? Maybe. The Album Of The Year? Sure. Either way, this goes to show that Gaga is here to stay.
  95. May 23, 2011
    17 Songs, 17 great Pop Tracks... in this album you can find an amount of ideas that could be enough for 5 albums by any other pop singer. And then you have a real singer. If you have to hear talking about a record for one year and a half, that's exactly what you want to listen to.
  96. May 24, 2011
    "Born This Way" is a very great album. It sound strange but very good. It shows us another side of Lady Gaga, more powerful and better. "Blood Mary" , "The edge of glory" is the best song of this album. I love it. I love Lady Gaga.(10.0)
  97. Jun 4, 2011
    I think the sounds present in the album are much more original than those contained in "The Fame Monster. " I really appreciate the work done by Lady Gaga with this album and confirm his ability and his talent. I am italian and I can't speak english very wel, so I hope to make myself understood.
  98. Jun 29, 2011
    This is an amazing album! I think this album should win album of the year at the grammy's because it sold a million in a week ! Adele is her biggest competitor!
  99. Jun 30, 2011
    Born This Way is a moment of celebration for Pop. I cannot believe that it got a zero , well you must be crazy not to laugh at their "sophomore" - ridiculous review. But lets respect every opinion. So , to me Born This Way is huge. Its a landmark record for Gaga. It features 234 identities. She is a hooker , she is Bloody Mary , she is Mary Magdalene , she is a bad kid , a heavy metal lover. Plus her vocals havent ever been better. I wont take time to speak about each song seperatelly ,since it's clear I love them all.This album is epic. No other pop album is a bit close to its magnitude and for that reason I gave it a ten instead of a nine. Its so refreshing , and thank God , its like the saviour of pop [mainly mainstream] music. Every damn song sounds like a masterpiece. Whether certain reviewers or not like it , I for one ,will invest on it and say that it will add some more Grammy Awards to Gaga's collection .. Don't get me wrong , I always loved and still love Adele but have it not been for her voice "21" would be ,and is, mediocre and it fails to match the first good half of the album . But "21" like "Born This Way" both indicate some true ,sincere work in the pop sphere. Expand

1. Sep 25, 2014
    Lady Gaga promised her fans (perhaps a tad prematurely) that her new album would be the greatest of the decade. But even if the next nine years bring something better, we're unlikely to hear anything bigger than Born This Way.
  2. Aug 8, 2011
    Born This Way feels like the first proper Lady Gaga album. [Aug. 2011, p. 114]
  3. Jul 6, 2011
    Gaga has always been able to anchor her haughty conceptual undertakings with simple, catchy tunes, but with Born This Way, the persona and the message are starting to bleed into the songs. It's not a good look.