8.0

Review this album

1. Oct 15, 2012
    My favorite album by Gaga! I love the different genres Gaga explores in this album, flaunting her musical diversity. There's not one song from the 17 tracks on this album that I DON'T like. Give it a listen, you won't regret it!
  2. Oct 15, 2012
    I love it!! While some of the songs are not good, a lot of them are. My favorites are The Edge of Glory and Sheibe. I love this album so much!! And it brings new sounds to the scene!!
  3. Oct 29, 2012
    AMAZING album. I know all the lyrics and the choruses are really catchy. Every song has a beautiful story or a strong self-empowering message. Truly one of the best pop albums of all times!
  4. Feb 28, 2017
    The bestest album by Gaga. Almost every song is perfect. My favourites are: Marry The Night, Hair, Heavy Metal Lover, You and I and The Edge of GLory. Easily the best album of 2011 and Gaga's best album!
  5. Nov 14, 2013
    Born This Way was such a double-edged sword for Gaga. Things started out so well, with one of the biggest singles of her career and an amazing 2 million copies sold on the first day worldwide, including 1.1 million in the US alone. But then, things started going wrong. Polarising single choices, overexposure and too much weirdness all caused the album to die a slow death. By the time theBorn This Way was such a double-edged sword for Gaga. Things started out so well, with one of the biggest singles of her career and an amazing 2 million copies sold on the first day worldwide, including 1.1 million in the US alone. But then, things started going wrong. Polarising single choices, overexposure and too much weirdness all caused the album to die a slow death. By the time the tour began nearly a year after release, it was only the fans that cared anymore. Despite this, she managed to pull in a $181 million grossing world tour and had her final dates not been cancelled due to her hip injury (the icing on top of a terrible year), the tour would have been her second consecutive one to hit the $200 million mark. But the public still looks upon the album as a failure which is frankly baffling.
    So, why is the album looked upon so negatively? Because I think it's brilliant. Gaga really showed her diversity with this mesmerising body of work that has shades of light and dark, positivity and sadness. We get uplifting tracks about acceptance with Born This Way, Bad Kids, Hair, ScheiBe and Highway Unicorn. We get sexy songs like Government Hooker and Heavy Metal Lover. We get dark, spooky songs with Bloody Mary and Electric Chapel. We get religious commentary with Judas and Fashion Of His Love. We get deeply personal songs for Gaga in the form of Marry The Night, The Queen, Black Jesus/Amen Fashion and You And I. And we get the astonishing power ballad tour de force that is The Edge Of Glory. It's hard to find a pop album is deep, diverse and personal as this. It should be a pop classic but unfortunately will likely by filed under "under-rated diamond in the rough." I hope it hasn't ended Gaga's career for good because it's evident from this album that she has so much more to give.
  6. Nov 19, 2012
    An Amazing Album, for real it's her best work to date.. I heard the album for the very first time 2 weeks ago and wow I was impressed didn't expected this to be this good, well done GaGa! The Edge of Glory, Born This Way, Hair, Bloody Mary, Heavy Metal Lover, You and I and Black Jesus are my favorites, I can't wait for her next project.
  7. Jul 30, 2013
    Excellent work Gaga. So futuristic, with many messages. No, it´s not the album of the decade, but in the pop world, it´is one of the bests. This album has soul and give us an opportunity to accept that we were born this way.
  8. Jan 16, 2013
    The best of the year 2011- 2012 is just perfect, something never seen before, something innovative, new & unique. Lady Gaga as always surprising us with music that no one would imagine could exist.
  9. Jan 24, 2013
    This is an amazing album. yeah the sound is different for Lady Gaga but the songs are really really great. it does not sound like the other generic **** out there at the moment. this album may not be to ever bodies liking, especially if you LOVED her other albums, but trust me, its great just give it some time. Stand out tracks: Marry the Night, Born this Way, Scheibe, Judas, Hair, theThis is an amazing album. yeah the sound is different for Lady Gaga but the songs are really really great. it does not sound like the other generic **** out there at the moment. this album may not be to ever bodies liking, especially if you LOVED her other albums, but trust me, its great just give it some time. Stand out tracks: Marry the Night, Born this Way, Scheibe, Judas, Hair, the end of Glory, You and I, Government Hooker, Highway Unicorn, Bad Kids! such a good over all album and the concert is absolulty AMAZINGGGG! Expand
  10. Jan 30, 2013
    'Born This Way' is hands down one of the best album ever. Gaga's vocals, amazing instrumentals thanks to greats producers such as RedOne, Fernando Garibay and Paul Blair aka DJWS, all the songs are worth listening. Gaga strengthens us with Marry The Night and Born This Way, makes us dance with Government Hooker and Scheiße and takes us to darker places with Bloody Mary. Lyrics makes'Born This Way' is hands down one of the best album ever. Gaga's vocals, amazing instrumentals thanks to greats producers such as RedOne, Fernando Garibay and Paul Blair aka DJWS, all the songs are worth listening. Gaga strengthens us with Marry The Night and Born This Way, makes us dance with Government Hooker and Scheiße and takes us to darker places with Bloody Mary. Lyrics makes senses since she tackles self-confidence, "tottering" love, and even immigration. It also deals with her past and how she always tried to keep her head held high. This is real POP. Expand
  11. Mar 24, 2013
    Every Song Is Amazing And Unique In It's Own Way! Almost Every Song Off The Album Could Be A Single! This Album Does Not Suck As Many Reviewers Stated... Possibly The Best Of 2011!
  12. Apr 10, 2013
    What a masterpiece we have into this amazing album. This album has so great musics, i can listen to this all day. And the songs are very ecletic, it has until Spanish songs lol. Bloody Mary is the best!!
  13. Jun 15, 2013
    Now I know I might be a little late to the party but better late than never. So what can I say about Born This, especially with a two year perspective now? I can tell it is one of, if not the best album I've heard in my life. From Marry the Night to The Edge of Glory the energy does not let up. Her vocals are stronger than they ever have been, and the culmination of her past experiencesNow I know I might be a little late to the party but better late than never. So what can I say about Born This, especially with a two year perspective now? I can tell it is one of, if not the best album I've heard in my life. From Marry the Night to The Edge of Glory the energy does not let up. Her vocals are stronger than they ever have been, and the culmination of her past experiences along with new ideas (both sonically and thematically) along with new producers breeds her most mature album to date. Some lyrics are cheesy and at times the production takes you back to a time of nostalgia, but that's what it's all about. It's inspired by the 80's for a reason, this was Gaga's childhood, her birth moments, of course an album with such a title will be inspired by the things that inspired her as a child. Fans across the globe have responded to the messages contained within these songs and have responded with strength and hope at the new found belief within themselves to accomplish anything. For many people, this is war cry album. We will not be confined to what society thinks of us, we are our own destiny. Even now, 2 years later, I can still listen to the whole thing straight through and feel that passion within me that the album lends along with it's ability to sound just as fresh as the day I got it. Don't let the negativity surrounding the comparisons made by those out of jealous and bitterness deter you from giving this album an open-minded chance. It is a beautiful collection of music, one that will certainly more appreciation in the years to come. Expand
  14. Jul 22, 2013
    BTW is a truly underrated album. It combines many different music gernes from rock to opera and gives you the illusion that you live on another world were unicorns and electric chapels are real. Gaga 's vision is more clear than ever now. It'a a really brave move and an important chapter to pop history.
    Gaga has proved that she doesn't care about negative critisism and she dares to
    Gaga has proved that she doesn't care about negative critisism and she dares to challenge music. "In the most biblical sence I am beyond repentant, fame hooker, prostitute wench vomits her mind'' Lady Gaga Judas
  15. Aug 15, 2013
    My favorite CD from Lady Gaga. "Born This Way" is creative and different, and an icon in pop music. The best songs are "Americano", "Bloody Mary", and "Highway Unicorn (Road To Love)".
  16. Aug 26, 2014
    One of the best albums ever. Amazing climate, instrumentals and lyrics. My favorite songs - The Edge of Glory (the best on the album), Marry The Night, Bloody Mary and Heavy Metal Lover.
  17. Sep 28, 2013
    Nostalgic. Born This Way refers to religious themes, the darkest thoughts of our souls and the desperation for wanting to reach paradise, reshaped a texture that only art gaga is able to achieve. Incredible and amazing!
  18. Oct 13, 2013
    Lady gaga explora nuevos sonidos fuertes desde el rock, hasta pequeñas partes de opera, una verdadera artista que se dedica a revolucionarse musicalmente, a buscar sonidos extraños y arriesgarse en crear un fantastico album.
  19. Oct 17, 2013
    born this way is one of the best albuns ever, it´s so experimental and dark, with a good message of love, peace, it´s a fantastic invite to love yourself celebrate who you are and follow all your dreams, to make them come true, gaga shows her many ways to make good songs there are amazing tracks and fantastics productions, it´s the best album of the year
  20. Oct 20, 2013
    This album was amazing! Not only inspiring, but it was out of this world. I've never heard an album with such deep lyrics, combined with great production.
  21. Nov 3, 2013
    De verdad pienso que es uno de los discos más menospreciados de esta nueva era.
    BTW es el epítome en el momento de la globalización. Aquí se reúnen grandes sonidos y géneros al rededor del pop.
    La voz de Gaga está en su mejor momento. Es variado, lleno de momentos grandes... en ningún instante de da un respiro. Y de eso se trata, de cantar a todo volumen las letras. Es el album más
    De verdad pienso que es uno de los discos más menospreciados de esta nueva era.
    Es el album más emblemático de los últimos años.
  22. Nov 5, 2013
    Como amo este album! es el mejor que he escuchado de Gaga, en este album fluyen muchas emociones al pasar por las canciones, sin duda un album epico que no pasa desapercibido! Good Job Gaga
  23. Nov 7, 2013
    A mixture of several styles, Gaga always changing and evolving in a manner inexplicable. Born This Way and many surprises! I WAS BORN THIS WAAAAAAAAY!!
  24. Sep 26, 2014
    prometeu álbum da geração e cumpriu, rainha do pop é assim mesmo amore. não esperava menos, tem mais qualidade que toda a carreira da doceira sem grammys
  25. Nov 16, 2013
    This album revitalized Pop music and added something darker and more interesting to an otherwise boring and bright genre- and this album does exactly what needs to be done- to take pop music down a notch and get filthy with guitar riffs and crazy metal drums. The perfect rock and pop harmony occurs in a beautiful orgasm of music and it is certainly one of the best albums of the decade.This album revitalized Pop music and added something darker and more interesting to an otherwise boring and bright genre- and this album does exactly what needs to be done- to take pop music down a notch and get filthy with guitar riffs and crazy metal drums. The perfect rock and pop harmony occurs in a beautiful orgasm of music and it is certainly one of the best albums of the decade. With standout tracks like Government Hooker, Electric Chapel and the almost perfect Heavy Metal Lover- Born This Way will continue to be a beacon in the history of music. Gaga shows us yet again that she'd rather irrelevant and be herself than be like Katy Perry making boring pop music just because it sells. As for The Born This Way Ball- a masterpiece of modern showmanship that takes the average concertgoer into another dimension. Expand
  26. Oct 24, 2016
    This is Lady Gaga's best album and only gets better with time. She came up with a new and fantastic concept and is still discussed and relevant to this day. Truly an album that proved she's staying here FOREVER.
  27. Nov 17, 2013
    Nada comparado ao The Fame. O álbum mais completo, complexo, profundo e segue uma ordem perfeita, aliás, o maior álbum em quesitos de estrutura e formação da Lady Gaga. Foi maravilhosamente produzido e trás faixas fortíssimas e grandes hits como a própria faixa que cedeu nome ao álbum, Born This Way. Sintetizadores, batidas eletrônicas alegres, sinos de igreja e até baladas. O álbum trásNada comparado ao The Fame. O álbum mais completo, complexo, profundo e segue uma ordem perfeita, aliás, o maior álbum em quesitos de estrutura e formação da Lady Gaga. Foi maravilhosamente produzido e trás faixas fortíssimas e grandes hits como a própria faixa que cedeu nome ao álbum, Born This Way. Sintetizadores, batidas eletrônicas alegres, sinos de igreja e até baladas. O álbum trás uma mensagem fortíssima em faixas como Born This Way, Hair, The Queen e a própria The Edge Of Glory, escrita pela própria Gaga para o seu avô. completamente divertido e ao mesmo tempo reflexivo, transversal e ao mesmo tempo focal. Foi o maior álbum de 2011, e um dos maiores clássicos da década, assim como prometido pela Gaga. Vendeu mais de 1,1 milhão de cópias em sua semana de estreia, totalizando ao todo, até hoje, cerca de 10 milhões de cópias mundialmente. Aliás, se não fosse o 21 da Adele, teria sido o álbum do ano pelo Grammy. Expand
  28. Oct 27, 2016
    Born this Way is incredible! Not a single dull track on the cd. A bit different from her earlier all-dance tracks, but still, very upbeat, with many more dance tracks. There is more depth to these tunes, but they are all still very catchy. I purchased the album the day it was released. Other than the singles that have been released off this album, Bloody Mary, Heavy Metal Lover, andBorn this Way is incredible! Not a single dull track on the cd. A bit different from her earlier all-dance tracks, but still, very upbeat, with many more dance tracks. There is more depth to these tunes, but they are all still very catchy. I purchased the album the day it was released. Other than the singles that have been released off this album, Bloody Mary, Heavy Metal Lover, and Electric Chapel are my favorite tracks. Amazing stuff! Expand
  29. Dec 4, 2013
    Perfect dark album of pop, her songs sounds incredible black jesus is perfect
    judas is a polemic song, and the born this way have a messege super important for the people
  30. Dec 21, 2013
    THIS is an album! I never tire of hearing him is so magical! In this era, Gaga spared no talent, performances and lives were perfect. Very proud of what she has become, how much she has matured in so little time, musically speaking. ILY!
  31. May 23, 2014
    5. Political statements and complex themes run throughout this hour long magnum opus of mother monster. Her manifesto unfolds like a blurry autobiography, with pounding synths affirming her resolve - baby, we were Born This Way. This album was a risk, and especially so early in her career. But now, we realize the true triumph of the record - seventeen tracks riddled with religious and5. Political statements and complex themes run throughout this hour long magnum opus of mother monster. Her manifesto unfolds like a blurry autobiography, with pounding synths affirming her resolve - baby, we were Born This Way. This album was a risk, and especially so early in her career. But now, we realize the true triumph of the record - seventeen tracks riddled with religious and political imagery, giving birth to an undeniable gay rights anthem and a new generation of Little Monsters. Gaga's ability to craft songs of self empowerment and her usually club bangers shines here. It may be one of the most influential and important albums of the decade thus far. Expand
  32. Jan 12, 2014
    Wonderful self-empowerment album!Born This Way song itself proved that even music can make you feel stronger and be more tolerant!Really amazing vocals!
  33. Jun 20, 2014
    O melhor album da Gaga e O MELHOR ALBUM QUE JÁ OUVI,a Gaga traz músicas sombrias,felizes e dançantes,ela consegue celebrar a aceitação de todas as formas possíveis,ela te lembra o lado negro de ser você e o lado arco-íris.
    Pena que não levou 1 Grammyzinho.
  34. Jun 25, 2014
    This album is unique and perfect. Born This Way saved so many lives around the world because of your message. In short, it's an album full of responsibility!
  35. Sep 25, 2014
    The power anthem. Definitely one of Gaga' best album. You guys should really check it out. It helped me alot in my troubled times. I hope the album will do the same to you too!
  36. Sep 23, 2014
    Gaga is peeerrrrrrr-feeeect yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas gaga yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassss you sound soooooo goooooooooooooooooooood!
  37. Sep 23, 2014
    this girl work so hard ... OMG THIS WORK IS AMAZING... Keep doin it gurl u know ull be the new Gaga... I love the way u ork keep working amazing work... You and I is the best :)
  38. Sep 23, 2014
    A very strong effort. It goes in a lot of different directions. Gaga is clearly still trying to harness her creativity, and she's getting there slowly but surely. The sheer amount of new music here - over 70 minutes with the bonus tracks - is impressive, and there are no filler tracks. She misses the mark a couple times (Bad Kids, Hair), but she scores many more times (Marry The Night,A very strong effort. It goes in a lot of different directions. Gaga is clearly still trying to harness her creativity, and she's getting there slowly but surely. The sheer amount of new music here - over 70 minutes with the bonus tracks - is impressive, and there are no filler tracks. She misses the mark a couple times (Bad Kids, Hair), but she scores many more times (Marry The Night, Government Hooker, Americano, Scheibe, Electric Chapel). Highly recommend for any pop/dance music fan Expand
  39. Sep 26, 2014
    Certainly not an average pop album.
    It has soul, it has a meaning, a purpose,and damn, Gaga sings in each and every one of these songs. It might seem weird for people to actually take some time and pay attention to what a pop album has to say, but once you comprehend Born This Way and its message, you see how this is definitely a great mark on pop music.
  40. Sep 23, 2014
    This will be the anthem of a generation. I just can't describe how perfect this album is, from the first lyric to the last beat. This makes Little Monsters proud.
  41. Sep 24, 2014
    Back in 2011, this album was undoubtedly one of the best album of the year. It shines between all the other generic, mediocre albums. It was a fresh breath of air.
  42. Sep 24, 2014
    In this album Gaga shows the world that she is not only a pop singer, she can sing rock and more, she shows that she is a complete artist, THE BEST ALBUM OF THE YEAR
  43. GlM
    Sep 24, 2014
    Anthems, talent, chart toppers and genuinely good music. What more could Mother Monster deliver with her latest effort? 'Born This Way' successfully uses Rock, Pop and Dance to spread messages of self acceptance and love and further connect to fans all around the world, whilst also elevating Lady Gaga's pedestal of fame further. Hidden gems 'Bloody Mary', 'Heavy Metal Lover' and 'Scheiße'Anthems, talent, chart toppers and genuinely good music. What more could Mother Monster deliver with her latest effort? 'Born This Way' successfully uses Rock, Pop and Dance to spread messages of self acceptance and love and further connect to fans all around the world, whilst also elevating Lady Gaga's pedestal of fame further. Hidden gems 'Bloody Mary', 'Heavy Metal Lover' and 'Scheiße' are just as brilliant as chart toppers 'Judas', 'Yoü and I' and title track 'Born This Way'. Expand
  44. Oct 4, 2014
    ıst so bıt hc yen hsyeha jdjhsad kjashd asdba rıaj asdjh kad asdb asjruwe kahwje hjakerwjhea jawkehjasjhdasjdaskjdhlhlreau hjwehjwqeasdwhqjeawsdsanbdabn jhdsad
  45. Sep 1, 2015
    An amazing whirlwind of an album that's hinted with 80's dancepop and rock cheese with a true and deep connection hidden below the surface. It will take you to church, take your virginity and get you drunk all at the same time. Such an amazing album by the Queen, Lady Gaga.
  46. Dec 16, 2014
    The best of her album, all the songs are good, literally all, an album with quality and great vocals, the pop world needs more albums like this, so good I have no words to say about it.
    Highlights: Scheibe and Government Hooker
    Lows: Bloody Mary and Black Jesus Amen Fashion
  47. Jan 21, 2015
    This album is simply for everyone; From catchy hooks that are Judas, The Edge Of Glory, You and I & Born This Way, to rock/pop influences such as Heavy Metal Lover, Electric Chapel, or Bloody Mary. Overall a well structured album, a great production, and great vocals from Mother Monster. What else could we expect? Positively one of the best albums released between 2000-2011.
  48. Feb 1, 2015
    This album is her's masterpiece. Her magnum opus. Born this way has lyrics extremely well wrote and lady gaga's vocals just makes everything even better. instrumentals are great and mixed with the vocals perfectly. Lady gaga just stayed it
  49. Jun 10, 2015
    magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent
  50. Apr 12, 2015
    Four years have passed and this album remains solid. The best of Lady Gaga is found here. The perfect mix between Lady Gaga who writes pop hits of The Fame Monster and The Fame (with lyrics not necessarily interesting ~~eh eh eh eh eh stop telephonin ' meeee~~ ) and the Lady (Stefani) more introspective along with great vocals and her influences. Go from Michael Jackson to Madonna withoutFour years have passed and this album remains solid. The best of Lady Gaga is found here. The perfect mix between Lady Gaga who writes pop hits of The Fame Monster and The Fame (with lyrics not necessarily interesting ~~eh eh eh eh eh stop telephonin ' meeee~~ ) and the Lady (Stefani) more introspective along with great vocals and her influences. Go from Michael Jackson to Madonna without lose credibility, from Queen to Bruce Spreengsteen without lose her pop touch. In addition of course to send a strong message of her visions to the fans.
    Born This Way is without a doubt one of the best pop albums delivered in years, a summary of what Lady Gaga means to pop culture, to the fans and to herself. Gaga congratulations, you got it.
  51. Oct 23, 2015
    11/10 to be honest. She called it the album of the decade and it truly has become that. Right up there with 1989 and 21, this album will be looked at as Gaga's first major artistic evolution.
  52. Nov 4, 2015
    Album of the decade, right? This album and so great that in my design and one of the biggest and best albums of the decade. The album is encouraging and has a lot of bravery and consequently a lot of criticism of religion. This makes it is large, it means that taca the nail on the head of thousands of religious, encourages young people to take risks and find himself. Talk about love,Album of the decade, right? This album and so great that in my design and one of the biggest and best albums of the decade. The album is encouraging and has a lot of bravery and consequently a lot of criticism of religion. This makes it is large, it means that taca the nail on the head of thousands of religious, encourages young people to take risks and find himself. Talk about love, acceptance to seem cliché, but for this album which is far from being an ordinary album. Very personal and at the same time it goes to people feeling that millions of people go every day for, days, months, years, decades. The sound and lyrics are of an exceptional quality music with elements of the band Queen and saxophones make this more masjestoso album. This album came world almost called "classic was born." Album with various influences, the best possible, that opens the album for example is a hymn of the 90 decade in the 2000s, has music inspired by the euro pop, has electric guitar whole chills you, you punk, has religious symbolism, speaks of Latino immigrants in the US. There is no right word to name this album. Born This Way is the album of the decade when referring to Pop / Punk / Rock / Art / Feelings. Expand
  53. Dec 27, 2015
    Este álbum de Lady Gaga es muy especial tanto sus letras como sus melodías, de verdad este es el mejor álbum que escuchado de Gaga ya que todas las canciones de este álbum son muy buenas y no hay rellenos.
  54. Aug 31, 2016
  55. Jan 29, 2016
    This is an album that everybody should listen and be educated for that. The whole album is freakin' awesome and each song has a meaning and a purpose!
  56. Feb 14, 2016
    Esse é o melhor álbum da década sem sombra de dúvidas. Uma mescla de vários gêneros músicas, Pop, Rock, EDM. Com letras muito superiores a qualquer álbum dos últimos 10 anos.
  57. Oct 19, 2016
    Simplesmente perfeito. Lady Gaga vem com músicas de amor próprio e aceitação. A melodia é incrível as letras superam as expectativas. Destaque para Marry The Night, The Edge Of Glory, Born This Way e Yoü And I. Um dos melhores álbuns que já ouvi em toda minha vida.
  58. May 26, 2016
    Lady Gaga has impressed me with every single album. My favorite song on Born This Way would be Marry The Night which showcases Gaga's vocals with beautiful and inspirational lyrics. Other highlights include Heavy Metal Lover and The Edge Of Glory. This is my favorite album from Gaga so far and I love almost every song
  59. Aug 10, 2016
    This is one of the best albums I've ever heard!!!
    This is one of the best albums I've ever heard!!!
    Gaga connected a lot of kinds of music wisely and it became very great. Every lyrics has a message for your life. Gaga is a good song-writer and composer. Her voice is great to the music that she creates and it looks like she really loves it. Listening to this album we learn how to accept yourself , open your mind and live with emotions through our lives. Even though every song is different the record really can be called "masterpiece". Also it's timeless and powerful.
    I hope it will never be boring!!!!!!!!
  60. Aug 26, 2016
    Oh my god, still the best album in the world. I'm still listening to that album, it still inspires me. She has always been a great activist but Born This Way inspired a lot of people, showed people that being different was beautiful. That's why i like Gaga and Born This Way, the way she affects people. I think this is gonna be my fave forever and ever.
  61. Oct 19, 2016
    I mean this when I say this.... Born This Way is THE BEST pop album EVER released. Born This Way pushed limits, exceeded expectations, redefined pop, and also gave a voice those who didn't feel like they had a voice. This self-empowerment album is absolutely EVERYTHING. Born This Way, the title track, SHATTERED so many records, and for obvious reasons.... the song is absolutely stunning.I mean this when I say this.... Born This Way is THE BEST pop album EVER released. Born This Way pushed limits, exceeded expectations, redefined pop, and also gave a voice those who didn't feel like they had a voice. This self-empowerment album is absolutely EVERYTHING. Born This Way, the title track, SHATTERED so many records, and for obvious reasons.... the song is absolutely stunning. Other tracks worth noting include Judas, The Edge of Glory, Marry the Night, Heavy Metal Lover (a fan favorite), Bloody Mary, and Hair. This album is so amazing I could cry. No wonder it sold over 8 MILLION copies worldwide. Thank you Gaga for blessing us with this masterpiece, we will never get another album this good in our lifetimes. Expand
  62. Oct 20, 2016
    Born This Way was way ahead of its time. She released this at the peak of her career, which was as bold a move as it was genius. Standout tracks include Marry The Night, Government Hooker, Judas, Bloody Mary, Black Jesus + Amen Fashion, Heavy Metal Lover, Electric Chapel, The Queen, You And I, and The Edge of Glory.
  63. Oct 21, 2016
    The best album of the decade and maybe of our millennium. Here we have what music is truly about; Rock, Pop, Country, etc, meeting each others in the best possible way. Gaga shows by those records how unlimited are her skills, and through a powerful voice and meaningful and personal lyrics we can clearly hear that. GOD SAVE THE GAGA! x2
  64. Oct 24, 2016
    A wonderful album! A wonderful artist! Every album released, his talent and his legacy growing and most respected. This only tends to grow. Each person chooses his own Queen, Lady Gaga for me is the true queen of pop.
  65. Apr 11, 2017
    This is one of the best albums that I have heard. There are a lot of different elements in this album: Rock, Dance and so on, which is very art and classical. What's more, the lyrics are literary because they mention equal rights, some stories and so on. All in all, it is a great album of all time.
  66. Feb 4, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. este album es demasiado bueno contiene letras buenas ritmos buenos sin dudad la reina del pop
    dfjodsjfffgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
  67. Apr 11, 2017
    Não esperava menos da RAINHA DO POP NÉ MORES. Crazy dance-syth album! so fun at parties. great lyrics, even better musicality. this album combined with her high energy stage shows result in one successful artist.
  68. Jun 9, 2017
    I'll only give you 4 words and the full tracklist: HER BEST ALBUM EVER.

Marry The Night Born This Way Government Hooker Judas Americano Hair Scheibe Black Jesus (Amen Fashion) Bad Kids Highway Unicorn (on the road to love) Heavy Metal Lover Queen The Edge of Glory Electric Chapel You and I Bloody Marry Fashion of this Love (And I'll include a track from her deluxe
    I'll only give you 4 words and the full tracklist: HER BEST ALBUM EVER.

Marry The Night
    Born This Way
    Government Hooker
    Judas
    Americano
    Hair
    Scheibe
    Black Jesus (Amen Fashion)
    Bad Kids
    Highway Unicorn (on the road to love)
    Heavy Metal Lover
    Queen
    The Edge of Glory
    Electric Chapel
    You and I
    Bloody Marry
    Fashion of this Love

(And I'll include a track from her deluxe version: Born This Way (Country Version) and The jazz version from You and I (from the MTV VMA 2011 comercials))

Paws Up
  69. Jun 9, 2017
    My favourite album !!! I really enjoy this album, Gaga is art, she is the best pop artist in the world.......................................................................
  70. Jun 9, 2017
    All the people have that wild part, the part of the mind that make bad things, and with this album that part feels free, you can feel the good and wild vibes, this is one of the best pop album. All the people have to hear this.
  71. Jun 16, 2017
    Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, unafraid to reference or not reference, put it in a blender, **** on it, vomit on it, eat it, give birth to it.
  72. Jun 19, 2017
    EL MEJOR ÁLBUM POP DEL SIGLO.
    EL MEJOR ÁLBUM POP DEL SIGLO.
    Después de escuchar por completo el disco, claramente se notan las influencias rock y metal; la adpatación de estos géneros a la música pop ha sido un excelente trabajo de producción. Posee los ritmos más innovadores y con ese toque oscuro que caracterizaba a la Gaga de esa época. Vocalmente es excelente también, mezclando técnicas vocales muy complejas (p. e. You And I), pero a su vez se cuenta con autotone moderado que le otorga al álbum un toque de pop puro (p. e. Government Hooker).
  73. Aug 16, 2017
    Pop, rock y un poco de electrónica es la combinación que se utilizo para crear esta gran biblia, Gaga nos demuestra que llego para quedarse, sin duda nos demostró que ella puede superarse sin problema alguno.
  74. Sep 22, 2017
    este álbum es la viva representación de una mujer que no piensa en ella, sino en sus fans y les da el apoyo que sabe que quieren y necesitan, esto es el amor que una madre le puede dar a un hijo
  75. Dec 1, 2017
    A masterpiece of a pop album. Lyrically and vocally, one of the best pop albums ever recorded. All of the songs are different and suit Gaga's amazing vocals perfectly.
  76. Nov 17, 2017
    An amazing album! Yes, perhaps not the album of the decade, but comes close to pop album of the decade at least! the songs are so different from the other mediocre stuff that is put out. I love it!
  77. Oct 15, 2011
    Needless to say, awesome album. Tiny Mix Tapes is obviously unprofessional and biased to give it a zero, especially when almost every other review disagrees with it. Those who hate this album are just prejudiced against mainstream music and are very bigoted about it, or they believe those dumb rumours of Lady Gaga being Satanic when they have no hard evidence. Period.
  78. May 28, 2011
    Those who criticize that we the fans give it high scores because we're fans are just ignorant, we like her music so we gave her high scores, fan or not if you like the album then you high scores, its just that simple. I have to say I have my doubts at first because I'm surprised that she actually chose to go for the artist creative album this early in her career, at first I thought it wasThose who criticize that we the fans give it high scores because we're fans are just ignorant, we like her music so we gave her high scores, fan or not if you like the album then you high scores, its just that simple. I have to say I have my doubts at first because I'm surprised that she actually chose to go for the artist creative album this early in her career, at first I thought it was career suicide but after I heard Born This Way... I feel stupid for even doubting her. This album will not appeal for those wishing to listen to just pure top 40 radio songs, it's not a mainstream album by any pop definition. She's an artist that wishes to experiments and grow during her career, this album is the result. It's definitely not album of the decade by any chance, but it's definitely a great pop album. It strays far from her roots and at times she is trying to hard in this album to please any fans possible, but at least she tries. Most of it were awesome, themes ranging from self-empowerment, immigrants, appreciate life and others positive theme. It definitely have a more gothic lyrics in this album, the chorus of the whole album can be repetitive at times but it's only a minor problem. If you find yourself liking this album then I think you have no problem agreeing that for an 'artist creative' album, this is one damn good pop album. Expand
  79. May 27, 2011
    ThisThis Album Is Overall Good.. Below Is A Track Listing And A Score Out Of 10-
    Marry The Night 10/10, Born This Way 10/10, Government Hooker 8/10, Judas 8/10, Americano 2/10, Hair 8/10, ScheiÃ
  80. Dec 7, 2016
    It is and will remain one of the best and most important pop records of the decade. Apart from the odd head scratcher ('Highway Unicorn', 'The Queen', and the title track), every track is incredible in it's own way. This is pop's answer to hard-rock - taking pop and pushing it to it's ultimate limits. It didn't only confirm Lady Gaga's talent, it enhanced it.
  81. May 24, 2011
    Very interesting album, there was a wide variety of music on Born this Way. There are some songs that seem to drown out Lady Gaga's voice and some songs on the Special edition are not that interesting (lyrically and melodically). Still, the hits on the album (that you'll notice straight off) make it all worth it.
  82. May 23, 2011
    (9,0)
    (9,0)
    Lady GaGa criou um album experimental, com musicas que vão desde a agressiva Judas à delicada Hair, mas a maior gloria de todo o albúm foi a ausencia de musicas ruins. Desde a melódica Marry The Night até a gloriosa The Edge Of Glory, GaGa nos leva à uma viagem de sons e composições dos mais variados tipos. Certamente, o melhor album POP dos ultimos anos.
  83. May 24, 2011
    For her third (or second, depending how you look at it) album, it's a pretty solid affair. An electro-clash of 80's rock and 90's dance, it proves to be a journey of an LP. The detractors will no doubt comment on her fanbase of "monsters", her ego, and her fashion instead of just enjoying the music. If this was released by Britney, her fans would be up in arms about how excellent it is,For her third (or second, depending how you look at it) album, it's a pretty solid affair. An electro-clash of 80's rock and 90's dance, it proves to be a journey of an LP. The detractors will no doubt comment on her fanbase of "monsters", her ego, and her fashion instead of just enjoying the music. If this was released by Britney, her fans would be up in arms about how excellent it is, but alas, no one just enjoys the music anymore. All in all, a credible album, few filler tracks, and several worthy singles. Expand
  84. May 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I listened to the album three times before being able to give a statement. The beginning of the album may seem boring, But after the fifth song you will be teleported to another dimension, especially with: Hair, Bloody Mary, Highway and Heavy Metal Unicorn Lover. Expand
  85. May 23, 2011
    its really good aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa+
  86. May 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Solid album - songs like Scheià Expand
  87. May 23, 2011
    Born this Way is a stunning pop album that I will be listening for a long time. What's funny is after the first listen, this was not my reaction. To put it bluntly, I was underwhelmed. There were good songs, but none seemed as catchy or defining as "Just Dance" or "Bad Romance." The album also felt kind of jumbled and random. After several more listens, not only did every song grow on meBorn this Way is a stunning pop album that I will be listening for a long time. What's funny is after the first listen, this was not my reaction. To put it bluntly, I was underwhelmed. There were good songs, but none seemed as catchy or defining as "Just Dance" or "Bad Romance." The album also felt kind of jumbled and random. After several more listens, not only did every song grow on me but the songs also felt more connected. Sometimes it takes a little bit of time to realize what Gaga is actually trying to say or do. Basically this album is part reflective and part self empowerment for her fans. Gaga is basically looking at her life, what she rejoices (religion... Judas, Black Jesus + Amen Fashion... plus plenty more have more subtle undertones of religion.) and what she has learned. At first it was almost jarring how much Gaga has changed. Wasn't this the artist whose debut album was a sexy commentary on Fame and it's consequences? Listen closely, and you'll realize she is still commenting on fame, but she is extending her message further. The more I think about it, the more impressed I am with her. Still, the album isn't perfect. "Judas" while catchy is a pretty weak and generic song (though it does have an interesting message... nothing groundbreaking though.) I've warmed up to "Hair" but it's still not the greatest. "Born this way" grew on me in a big way, but I wish the lyrics would have been more like the sexy, juicy and more subtle lyrics from "The Fame." These are not songs I hate, I don't think I hate any of Gaga's songs, she is just capable of better as evidenced by the rest of her album. "Government Hooker," "Schiebe" "Bloody Mary," "Americano," "Electric Chapel," "You and I," and "The Edge of Glory" are the stand out tracks from this album ("Black Jesus + Amen Fashion" is my favorite of the three additional tracks from the deluxe version, though all are good.) All and all this is a darker and weirder turn for Gaga, and I appreciate the effort. I'm tired of all this fluffy pop crap on the radio. If you are a dance music fan... you will love this album! Expand
  88. May 29, 2011
    Other than "Born This Way", which is way too similar to Madonna's 1989 single "Express Yourself", every song is fantastic. "Judas" and "The Edge of Glory" are brilliant.
  89. May 24, 2011
    When I first listened to Born This Way, I was very disappointed that it did not sound like The Fame Monster. After my second and third listens, I really started to love the album and was actually glad that it was not a The Fame or The Fame Monster remake. This is Gaga trying something new and it sounds damn good! Not different, just new. Many of the songs (like Hair, ScheiÃ
  90. Vic
    May 31, 2011
    This album differs from previous Gaga's albums, but it's not worse and I guess not better. It's just different. There are no stand-out songs but every song is fun, cool and easy to listen. It's a totally commercial album that was made in a highly professional style! Not a lot of musicians can actually do something like that nowadays! It's a solid album and it leaves only positive emotions!
  91. Feb 25, 2015
    Gaga is an easy target for haters. She is an outspoken woman who sticks up for a community whom many in this country would deem worthy of nothing. She has no problem telling you that she is a talented musician and that she makes good music, so she can come across as full of herself. And yes, she does take much influence from pop icons of the past, especially Madonna. All of these factorsGaga is an easy target for haters. She is an outspoken woman who sticks up for a community whom many in this country would deem worthy of nothing. She has no problem telling you that she is a talented musician and that she makes good music, so she can come across as full of herself. And yes, she does take much influence from pop icons of the past, especially Madonna. All of these factors cause many to just dismiss her all together, and the hype that the media and Gaga herself have generated leading up to the release of "Born This Way" may have actually caused a backlash against her more than anything else. So why I am discussing all of these things instead of the music itself? Mainly to point out all of the things that have come in the way of the music itself, which, in the case of "Born This Way," is almost uniformly fabulous. Gaga took several decades of popular music, filtered it through her unique point of view, and made her magnum opus. I believe it is the exact album she wanted to make, and that type of artistic integrity is hard to find in pop music today. "Marry the Night" gets the album off to a rocking, rousing start, building up to its climatic ending which is pure dance-pop nirvana. "Born This Way," the hit first single, does indeed take major influence from Madonna's recordings of the late 80s/early 90s. Its like she took "Express Yourself" and "Vogue," compressed them, and then shot them out of a laser gun. Its a thrilling sound with beautiful lyrics, totally deserving of its six-week reign on top of the U.S. charts. "Judas" takes large influence from both "Poker Face" and "Bad Romance," and while I don't personally think its up to the level of those two hits, its still very memorable with its biblically-based lyrics. "Hair" is one of my personal favorites; its a beautiful, heart-wrenching dance-rock ballad, kissed with a saxophone, for anyone and everyone who feels less than "normal." "The Edge of Glory" sounds in a similar vein, cranking up everything to a euphoric explosion. Its pure cheese, but its very tasty. Expand
  92. May 26, 2011
    Lady Gaga is a phenomenon and she is the first artist to bring dance to the pop charts. With "Born This Way", Gaga really is pushing herself musically. This isn't a part 3 to the Fame and Fame Monster. "Born This Way", in its entirety, is a pop/dance record that takes influences from the 70s-90s. These eras produced Gaga's musical inspirations and she has molded her love for music, herLady Gaga is a phenomenon and she is the first artist to bring dance to the pop charts. With "Born This Way", Gaga really is pushing herself musically. This isn't a part 3 to the Fame and Fame Monster. "Born This Way", in its entirety, is a pop/dance record that takes influences from the 70s-90s. These eras produced Gaga's musical inspirations and she has molded her love for music, her fans and everything she stands for into a record that may not be the best album of the decade but it certainly solidifies Gaga as an artist who is on the right track. I've listened to the record quite a few times now and the effort put into the songs really does show and shine on most of the tracks. As a "Little Monster", I bought the special edition. My favorite songs are "Government Hooker", "Americano" (I didn't love it at first but it grew on me), "Scheià Expand
  93. May 27, 2011
    Born This Way is an amazing record full of meaning, quality and variety. If you wanna raise your self-esteem you should listen this album. The songs are not as catchy as the previous ones but they will grown on you after every time you listen to them.

Songs review: Marry The Night: 10/10 Born This Way: 10/10 Government Hooker: 7/10 Judas: 9/10 Americano: 6/10 Hair: 8/10

Songs review:

Electric Chapel: 10/10
    Yoü & I: 10/10
    The Edge Of Glory: 10/10
  94. May 27, 2011
    Overall, I enjoyed the journey through the album. I think 'Marry the Night' and 'The Edge of Glory' were the perfect songs to begin and end it, respectively. In between the two, there were definitely more standout tracks than there were forgettable ones. A few songs from the album including, 'Black Jesus + Amen Fashion' and 'Fashion of His Love' probably could have been left out of theOverall, I enjoyed the journey through the album. I think 'Marry the Night' and 'The Edge of Glory' were the perfect songs to begin and end it, respectively. In between the two, there were definitely more standout tracks than there were forgettable ones. A few songs from the album including, 'Black Jesus + Amen Fashion' and 'Fashion of His Love' probably could have been left out of the bonus track version without losing the integrity of the album. But that being said, her vocals soared in multiple songs, whether it be operatic, disco, or Eighties sounding.

Lyrically, it was refreshing to not hear about being in a club, getting drunk, or partying of which the Billboard Hot 100 has a lot (not putting a negative connotation on them of course, just saying). They were empowering, personal, and personable lyrics. Sure, there were some weak tracks, but the journey through the album is something that contemporary pop albums lack sometimes.
  95. May 29, 2011
    TFM left Gaga with a very hard act to follow, not to mention she did kinda blow her own trumpet stating this album was going to be the greatest pop record of the decade (!)

BTW is having a fairly rough time with critics (and may I just say, typically the older ones finding it a little harder to grasp), IMO unfairly so. Reading many reviews, it almost seems like there is a fear of how much influence and power Gaga is getting, so some are coming down hard in an attempt to burst her bubble.

The album is genuinely catchy, intoxicatingly so even! Its very rare for me to actually listen to an album through and honestly not wish a track or two didnt exist, I absolutely love every single track on BTW!

Also Id like to note that many reviewers feel obliged to point out the similarities of the title track and some point blank calling Gaga a fake and a rip off. If you watch the video to the track, about 20 seconds from the end she stares into the camera with the iconic Madge teeth - it all seems very deliberate to me! Even the some of the most harshest critics dont deny Gaga has talent, so why on earth would she resort to plagiarism after 1 album! The track BTW clearly has its similarities to Express yourself, as far as I can see it was a very obvious nod to Madonna - not an attempt to rip anything off.

BTW will get many many plays, honestly not been as taken with an album in a very very long time. Congrats Gaga
  96. Jun 4, 2011
    This is very good pop album, with variety of melodies. Lady Gaga menage to stay in focus and to remain on the top of pop musicians in the world. It is darker than her previous albums, but it is at the same time a little better.
  97. Jun 11, 2011
    "Oops.... Lady Gaga do it again". She can sing, she can write... she can all! Although some songs sound polluted, over half the album and get over it shows the potential of voice. Is undoubtedly one of the albums of the year ... do not expect any "Fame Monster, " but here we have another great job
  98. Jun 26, 2011
    I have played this album numerous times without skipping a track.This is one of the most diverse albums with interesting lyrics and the dance beats are out of this world.Her vocals are pure without interference from auto tune which makes it very real.Each track is different,mostly 80s influence.Such diversity in an album is a rare find these days.Overall,it is better than the Fame & theI have played this album numerous times without skipping a track.This is one of the most diverse albums with interesting lyrics and the dance beats are out of this world.Her vocals are pure without interference from auto tune which makes it very real.Each track is different,mostly 80s influence.Such diversity in an album is a rare find these days.Overall,it is better than the Fame & the Fame Monster and vocally it is her best yet. Expand
  99. Sep 29, 2011
    Lady Gaga proves again why she is the next Madonna and the biggest thing around. Her talent, versatility, memorable voice and memorable lyrics attribute to the greatness of this album.
  100. Jul 12, 2011
    This is one of those albums that only die-hard lady gaga fans will talk about. What they're talking about, though, are the aspects of this album that make it pleasant, addictive, retrospective, and quite honestly, beautiful. It's not like gaga's trying to get attention. She's only trying to part her talent from the campy and repetitive "talent" circulating in every radio channel. Her songsThis is one of those albums that only die-hard lady gaga fans will talk about. What they're talking about, though, are the aspects of this album that make it pleasant, addictive, retrospective, and quite honestly, beautiful. It's not like gaga's trying to get attention. She's only trying to part her talent from the campy and repetitive "talent" circulating in every radio channel. Her songs are individually rhythmic and melodic, with novel lyrics and messages. Her tunes are catchy and jumpy, with entertaining and somewhat nostalgic beats. Overall, this album is both an accomplishment worth future accolades AND a piece of modern art. Expand

1. Sep 25, 2014
    Lady Gaga promised her fans (perhaps a tad prematurely) that her new album would be the greatest of the decade. But even if the next nine years bring something better, we're unlikely to hear anything bigger than Born This Way.
  2. Q Magazine
    Aug 8, 2011
    Born This Way feels like the first proper Lady Gaga album. [Aug. 2011, p. 114]
  3. Jul 6, 2011
    Gaga has always been able to anchor her haughty conceptual undertakings with simple, catchy tunes, but with Born This Way, the persona and the message are starting to bleed into the songs. It's not a good look.