7.9

Review this album

1. Nov 17, 2012
    Without this soundtrack, the game wouldn't have been the same thing, It's nerve-racking, exciting, and intense. Every time i listen to one of the songs i imagine myself infiltrating in a bank, Amon Tobin totally nailed it.
  2. Mar 25, 2011
    I've only listened to a little of Tobin's music, but I wasn't particularly fond of. However, I adored Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory's soundtrack. This album is great, but it's major flaw is that it doesn't include all of the music found in the game, and Jesper Kyd's contribution is no where to be found. What's more, each track is a condensed mixture of the three versions associated with eachI've only listened to a little of Tobin's music, but I wasn't particularly fond of. However, I adored Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory's soundtrack. This album is great, but it's major flaw is that it doesn't include all of the music found in the game, and Jesper Kyd's contribution is no where to be found. What's more, each track is a condensed mixture of the three versions associated with each level of alertness (standard, suspicious, and detected). Despite this, it still makes for a good standalone album and an even more fantastic soundtrack to be heard whilst playing a magnificent stealth game. Expand

1. As the accompaniment to game play, Chaos Theory is a standout in its field; just don't expect it to be as memorable as the typical Amon Tobin effort.
  2. In the end, it doesn't really matter that it's the soundtrack to a video game that I'll never play. It's a new Amon Tobin album (and a good one at that), and that's all I need.
  3. Spins a web of eerie jazz-junglist percussion. [22 Jan 2005, p.51]