Discovery - Daft Punk
9.3

Review this album

1. May 23, 2013
    As Discovery, is a fine album. But as being the soundtrack of Interstella 5555, is an awesome album, one of the best albums of the decade
  2. Jul 11, 2011
    This is the album that made me realize I like dance music. Nearly every track is fun, inventive, and unique in the way it sounds. My personal favorites are the first and last tracks, "One More Time" and "Too Long". When I first listened to this album I didn't care for it that much, but it only took me one more listen to fall in love with the music. This is Daft Punk's best album, and should be in the library of everyone who enjoys music. Expand
  3. Feb 23, 2012
    I LOVE this album!! It is realy realy amazing!!
  4. May 26, 2013
    I've listened to this album so many times in my car. I can never get sick of it. Amazing amazing amazing. I even got my friends hooked to them. Particularly face to face is their jam.
  5. Apr 9, 2012
    Very underrated by conventional critics, this album is one of Daft Punk's finest and my personal favorite album of all time. Every single track is excellent and enthralling to listen to. If you loved it be sure to complement your experience by watching Interstella 5555.
  6. Dec 15, 2010
    I'm not a fan of the house or electronica genre but Daft Punk is an exception as they completely take their unique style to a new level with this album. Probably one of the most involving and captivating albums I have heard since Dark Side of the Moon. Yes, DARK SIDE. I actually compared this with Dark Side. Why? Because they are both concepts that I completely got immersed into. Discovery has an endless variety of surprises, undeniable charm and neverending emotions. A must buy. Expand
  7. Aug 22, 2011
    The many intricate and complex songs of Daft Punk's masterpiece "Discovery" are extraordinary. Full of catchy, melodic hooks such as that in "One More Time" and "Verdis Quo". Even "Too Long" is actually too short. Futuristic, ahead-of-its-time, innovative classic.
  8. Nov 19, 2010
    To me this is one of the great albums of all time, on par with the Beatles' albums. The movie is also stunningly creative, a real gem for the entertainment industry.
  9. Dec 12, 2010
    "Discovery" is such a refreshing and innovative album. Their is so much creativity in it. It sounds completely different from their first album "Homework". "Aerodynamic" has one of the greatest guitar solos I've ever heard, "One More Time" makes you wanna get up and just dance, and "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" is just a magnificent song. But then other songs such as "Nightvisions" is basically looking at Daft Punk at another angle, so to speak. It shows another side of them that were not used to from their first album. And that's definitely a good thing. All In All, "Discovery" by Daft Punk is an innovative and original album that I can proudly say is one of my favorites. A- Expand
  10. Jun 2, 2011
    Es un buen disco, con canciones muy buenas y la musica esta muy bien. La letra de las canciones aunque en español suenen ridiculas en ingles suenan muy bien.
    Solo tengo un palabra para este disco: Perfecto.
  11. May 8, 2012
    Sincerely, this is a great, great album. I don't listen this type of music, I like rock and metal, but this album it's so... powerful. This album introduced me into the house music, and deserves a 10.
  12. Nov 6, 2011
    An amazing album. Really great dance music, but you can still listen to it casually. The album may feel just a little repetitive, but honestly, I don't think you'll mind.
  13. May 16, 2012
    One of the greatest electronic album's of all time and will be remembered as such. Perfectly captures the emotion and tone of childhood and youth, my first experience with Electronic music and I feel unbelievably lucky to have lived through such an amazing piece of Art.
  14. Feb 3, 2012
    This, my friends, is musical perfection. Everything about this album is perfect. The individual tracks are amazing, and what makes Discovery even greater is that every track has its place. This makes it especially great to listen to the album as a whole. You need to have heard this album. Trust me when I say it doesn't get much better than this.
  15. Jun 21, 2012
    Fantastic Album and magnificent movie (Interstella 5555), I recommend them to everyone, even if you don't like electronic music!
    In the album there are many catchy songs and even touching ones, a really good album overall!
  16. Mar 5, 2012
    An absolutely outstanding album , the best electronic artists of all time.Cosmic , happy and beautiful , you cant not like this album.Possibly the best album of the 21st century
  17. Dec 8, 2012
    Amazing, Best dance album ever! Completly fresh and pioneers of the french house genre of music, and does not sound cheesy or bloated at any point.

Highly recommended for any fan of electronic music, or anybody who loves good music in general
  18. Apr 21, 2012
    This album is amazing! It is the best of Daft Punk. All tracks are awesome, especially Aerodynamic, Harder Better Faster Stronger, and Digital Love. Absolutely buy it!
  19. Aug 25, 2012
    Discovery is one of the previous decade's best albums and it definitely doesn't disappoint.

An action packed and exciting experience for anyone to enjoy.
  20. May 18, 2012
    My favourite album of all time. It's magical. I highly recommend watching the interstella 5555 movie. This album made them known as the French robotic electronica gods that they are. Most tracks are so dynamic: it starts with a fresh intro, then comes the main beat followed by an epic twist halfway through the song and ending with more beauty. Listen to Aerodynamic, Harder Better Faster Stronger, Digital Love, Face to Face, Veridis Quo or Voyager and you'll know what I mean Expand
  21. Jun 29, 2012
    Probably one of the best dance albums of all time, the album starts and ends with the same vocalists and really shows his vocal ability (the first song features an extensive use of autotune whilst the final track has a beautiful acoustic voice with backing vocals by the two band members). Every song is beautifully crafted and produced which shows how much emotion was put into the album. Daft Punk's first album Homework was meant to be one of the most influential dance albums ever, but I think Discovery tops that. Expand
  22. Aug 4, 2013
    Especially in the genre of electronic music, there’s a lot of individual taste that affects your approach to different DJs and therefore it’s completely okay with me, if you disagree on what I’m saying here. But I still think that this is the best electronic music album ever made. Every single song has good stuff about it, but in general these are the most important things to be said about Discovery: Bangalter and De Homem-Christo’s talent in creating music is undeniable and they are able to let instrumental music speak on its own. Their music, mostly without or with very simple lyrics, brings emotions with them that some musicians of other genres aren’t able to deliver with five verses. And when the duo includes the lyrics, they are outstandingly good, and not only in regards to the other lyrics in this genre. The words aren’t hazy at all, in fact, you as the listener are addressed very directly and clearly. And by that, Daft Punk shows us that you don’t need complicated or incomprehensible lyrics to be considered good by critics or audiences; you just have to include good and touching phrasing. In some parts, i.e. the album’s final song, the ironically titled 10-minute-dance-track Too Long, the two French hommes simply bank on sing-along mantras like “Can you feel it?” and it works! Each and every one of the 14 tracks included has something unique about it that should make every die-hard fan of other music genres quickly convert to house. If you think that this type of music is monotonous and boring, Daft Punk proves you wrong. They manage to create so many different layers of electronic music in one album while still staying relatively cohesive (they even made an utterly impressive movie to this album, entitled Interstellar 5555). The first six songs are purely amazing, the other eight are still awesome and your interest won’t get lost at any point in this one-hour-long CD, I promise. Daft Punk had sparked my interest with their 1997 debut Homework, but after this release, I became an absolute fan of their purely revolutionizing work. Discovery isn’t only fantastic to dance to, it is also one of the most important albums in the history of electronic music. Expand
  23. Aug 7, 2012
    Even better with Interstella 5555.
  24. Aug 13, 2014
    Thos album is so cool. The sounds are steady and neat with some off-beats. The backgrounds are really sick(in a good way). This album though is sometimes included with a lot of auto-tunes that are compressed which may makes the beats repetitive but it does keep up with the rythm. And the styles are ranged with different genres.
  25. Dec 4, 2012
    Beautiful music, and that's the only thing that really matters. Every song of this album is a unique piece of art, the joyful and dance-able "One More Time", "Voyager" with a driving in the sunset feeling or "Aerodynamic" with a face melting guitar solo, this album is art.
  26. Mar 15, 2013
    Beautiful album, definitely one of the best in the history of music.
    There is so much that can be said of this amazing album, but instead of talking about it, you better hear what you really are going to marvel at this beautiful and unique album.
  27. Jun 5, 2013
    I've been to different genres in the music industry and I must say, Discovery was my discovery of House music. The best I've heard in my life and it is capable of making me enjoy most minutes of some boring days.
  28. Apr 28, 2013
    In honor of the upcoming release of the bands highly anticipated 4th Album, "Random Access Memories", I thought I'd go back and review what really made Daft Punk, Daft Punk. "Discovery" was the bands breakthrough release, and is a sparkling, shiny LP that will make you want to immediately stop whatever you're doing and start moving along to the groove. It's tracks like "Digital Love" and "One More Time" that make the album so dance-like, but at the same time, so magical. 9/10 Expand
  29. May 19, 2013
    This entangled me. Especially with the integration of the anime film "Interstella 5555". A lot of songs were very catchy and I could dance to them, but some got boring after.... overall, pretty cool album.
  30. Sep 19, 2014
    Though many could consider Homework or Random Access Memories their milestones—Homework for contributing to modern electronic music (and simply because it's their debut album) and RAM for its commercial breakthrough and refinement to an era of EDM where everyone wants to be David Guetta—Discovery is truly where it all began, in my opinion. Not just the beginning of Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem Christo's robotic alter egos—caused by a September 9th, 1999 accident in their studio, ahem. But the beginning of an era where electronic music began again. Discovery could be considered a main highlight in the early noughties, with "One More Time" being noteworthy as one of the greatest singles of the decade and "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" being sampled by Kanye West then remixed into their Alive tour, however, it's just a work of art in its own right, disregarding Pitchfork and all that praised it in their year-end lists.

Technically speaking—if I spoke from my own fangirl alter ego, I'd simply say "This album is **** amazing" and nothing else—Discovery has a polished production that's almost insulting for the simple fact that it's samples layered upon samples, which would later end up being sampled by other artists. And yet it's all original in its own right, especially considering the obscurity of the samples chosen. It's obviously not a concept album, but to recommend single songs off of the album seems impossible, considering it'd strip the mood from when you listen to it on continuous play. From the sappy, feel-good vibes in its lead single and "Digital Love" to the funky, chill vibes in "Something About Us", it's astonishing how cohesive a dance album can actually be. To sum it all up, it's amazing, there.
  31. Jul 21, 2013
    Pure, electronic glory. The majority of the tracks are extremely iconic and practically timeless. This album basically set the industry standard for how good dance music is created.
  32. Aug 3, 2013
    One of my fave dance albums I've heard in a long day.

33. Aug 14, 2013
    one of my favorites albums.............................................................................................................................................................
  34. Sep 4, 2013
    A masterpiece that lives on largely unappreciated these days I think. Recorded just before the explosion of social media and the age of internet-hype and subsequent let-downs (cough cough, random access, cough), This album seems to me to be aging very well. It was overshadowed by "One more time", which is genuinely a great song, but not as good as the head-y, ahead-of-it's-time, glitch-y "Face to Face", or the ten-minute, four to the flour, soul-lifting finale, "Too Long". I see this album as a true testament to the way music used to be recorded, as a journey, an emotional roller coaster from it's bigger than life start to it's finish, which brings a true, fulfilling sense of closure, helped in no small part by the anime it was made in conjunction with, Intersteller 5555 (if you haven't seen it all the way through, you don't have a complete perspective, watch it, I implore you). On a side note, I hadn't even heard "Harder, Better..." until after Kanye's (the hip hop clown) garbage had already tainted it for me, which is truly too bad because it's a fantastic little piece of space-funk. Discovery as a whole is daring, exciting, dynamic, beautiful, and above all, fun. Expand
  35. Jan 4, 2014
    One of the greatest dance albums of all time, an absolute classic. Fans of house and dance music will enjoy it, as will fans of pop. It's also one of the greatest feel good albums, alongside "since I left you" by The Avalanches. As perfect an album as possible. It's that good.
  36. Aug 10, 2014
    As Discovery, is a fine album,But some songs are great like one more time ,hard better faster stronger and face to face. The songs that should not in this album are high life and crescendolls
  37. Jun 23, 2014
    Still my favorite album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand

1. Apr 3, 2013
    Daft Punk are such stellar, meticulous producers that they make any sound work, even superficially dated ones like spastic early-'80s electro/R&B ("Short Circuit") or faux-orchestral synthesizer baroque ("Veridis Quo").
    Matching Homework in quirkiness, buoyancy, and club-ready freak-beats, Discovery combines the best of what Daft Punk has to offer: mid-'80s synth-pop ("Digital Love"), sleazy euro-funk ("Harder Better Faster Stronger"), shake-your-booty electro-metal with spacey guitar effects ("Aerodynamic" -- Basement Jaxx meets Eddie Van Halen), and minimal, big-beat tunes that Underworld wishes it would have thought of first ("Superheroes").
  3. Not enough of this album delivers on the promise of [lead single] "One More Time."