Drastic Fantastic - KT Tunstall
7.7

Review this album

1. Aug 24, 2010
    An amazingly flawless album; although I personally didn't like the slower sounds of "Beauty of Uncertainty" and "Paper Aeroplane", they were still very good songs.
    Highlights include (but are not limited to) If Only, Funnyman, Hold On, Hopeless, I Don't Want You Now and Saving My Face. As you can tell, thats 6 songs. Half the album. The entire album is a masterpiece. It is rare that me, as
    a Metacritic user, often gets to use those words positively. Most of the album is high up on my iTunes Top 25 most played list, from my library of over 2,000. KT is a brilliantly talented singer and musician, and I'm dying to hear her 3rd album, coming out in September of this year (2010, for when 2011 comes around).
    9/10. Why? Because I just feel, ever so slightly at the back of my mind that songs like White Bird could have had an extra added layer of power. However, I only knock 1 mark off for this, because it matters so little; the songs are all still amazing. A must- have.

1. Just when you think things are getting a bit too glossy and radio-friendly, there's a reminder of the edge that makes her such a good listen.
  2. It's high-gloss folk pop, confessional in form if not in content, crafted with intelligent attention to every detail.
  3. Tunstall has never sounded better, and the Sheryl Crow riffs and mid-tempo chick rock of 'If Only' and 'Little Favours' serve her well.