Fall Be Kind [EP] - Animal Collective
6.7

Review this album

1. Oct 6, 2010
    One of my least favorite releases by one of my favorite bands. While certain moments border on greatness, most of it feels disjointed and uninspired. The second track is really the only thing on the album worth hearing, even Panda Bear's contribution, I Think I Can, sounds sour and bland to me.
  2. Aug 16, 2010
    I love reading peoples reviews, they make me laugh. I can see why some people don't like Animal Collective, it isn't conventional or typical of American music of this time, and sometimes, I admit, hard to listen to. But I love it. It's so creative and unique and passionate. Graze, What Would I Want? Sky, and I Think I Can are all great songs in my opinion. Some of my favorite Animal Collective songs. It may take some getting used to when you first start listening to them, but once you get to appreciate it, it is so good. Expand
  3. Nov 2, 2010
    The track "I Think I Can" is actually one of the best things AC has ever done during their career. The whole album is just oh, so so great. And guess what? "What Would I Want Sky" only makes this album impossibly better. Somehow.
  4. Sep 1, 2012
    this for me is the best body of work theyve ever done, so open and exciting and bonkers and brilliant. couple of darker tracks. it sounds better than merriweather which for me was quite screechy in parts.
  5. Apr 30, 2011
    It didn't take long for me to start wishing for more material after the release of the very-fantastic-and-rather-entertaining Merriweather Post Pavilion. Luckily, this EP delivers quite nicely with material pretty close in quality to Merriweather. I applaud them for taking this EP in two different directions- the first half being upbeat and poppy, the second being darker and more abstract. In the middle lies "Bleed", a hypnotic track which reminds me of floating inside a human heart. Expand
  6. Oct 10, 2012
    Best EP ever recorded. I could listen to this record all day long. Graze is the most majestic song you will ever hear in your life. The pan flute makes you want to be a kid again and do crazy drugs at the same time. What Would I Want? Sky is equally as compelling and one of the best songs I've ever head. Bleed is a somber middle piece that fits well between WWIW?S On A Highway, a breezy song about longing for a home. I Think I Can, the closing track, is one of Panda Bear's greatest contributions. 10/10 A+ 100% Buy this now. Expand

1. This is Animal Collective at their finest folks, inviting everyone in to see them at their peak and loving the freedom that comes with being on top of the world.
  2. Far from the emperor with no summertime clothes, the five songs on Fall Be Kind--a mixture of holdovers from the MPP sessions and new material recorded this year--retain the electronics, but add some samples and head in a darker thematic direction.
  3. Fall Be Kind doesn’t exactly break past the barriers set by this year’s "Merriweather Post Pavilion," but it is an excellent extension of the ethos captured by that particular record.