Fever Ray - Fever Ray
8.8

Review this album

1. Sep 28, 2010
    Fever Ray's haunting, dark aesthetic is for the most part delightfully brooding and abstract. There are a few times on the album, however, that the dark nature of the album does not transcend into being hypnotic, however, an easily recommendable listen. Probably one of the best albums of 2009, given what little competition she was given.
  2. Nov 27, 2010
    It's a great album. I never heard any Knife's albums yet but I did heard some singles. You may not love this album a lot, but you have admit you like and admire those songs. Although the songs are good, the album isn't that great with them because they sound the same. You still have to love how dark and moody this album is. I hope Karin, also known as Fever Ray, would sing without the help of vocoder, because I hardly hear what is she singing. Standout tracks are "Coconut", "If I Had A Heart", "Triangle Walks" and "When I Grow Up". Expand
  3. Aug 17, 2014
    It's like Silent Shout minus Olof's synthetic tunes, plus some African tribe and Amazons feeling. Yes, it's somewhat similar to Silent Shout, but it's definitely a unique album. I like everything about it; the vocals, beats, the atmosphere; everything.

1. In lieu of an actual follow-up [to The Knife's "Silent Shout"] we get something that manages to make good on two of those three elements [of the decade’s best electronic records]. I’ll take it.
  2. She’s at her best when sticking to a palette of steel, indigo and black.
  3. This is an odd gem of a record that should be cherished in a class of its own.