Get Behind Me Satan - The White Stripes
8.3

Review this album

1. Oct 20, 2011
    The White Stripes, like The Strokes are a band who can completely change their sound for one record and it will be just as good as their other work. It's a strangely relaxing album and is a breath of fresh air from 21st century ****
  2. Nov 21, 2010
    While the White Stripes are certainly not the most innovative rock band in history, they are still heads-and-shoulders above almost every other rock band from the last decade or so. While many of us have shared the thought that rock has died, this band has added an asterisk to the end of that thought. Red Rain, Blue Orchid, and Doorbell alone make this album worth a listen.
  3. Jan 29, 2011
    Get Behind Me Satan will divide fans, and it sure has divided me. I loved White Blood Cells and Elephant. But Get Behind Me Satan does not sound like a White Stripes album at all. This album has some good ideas, but ultimately it just doesn't have that feel the previous two albums have. The first three songs are great, so I was feeling hopeful about it, but it really falls flat after that. All In All, I love that they're trying new sounds, but The White Stripes need to stick to their basics. C Expand
  4. j30
    Sep 22, 2011
    An average follow-up to their classic album Elephant. It's like they're trying to pull a Kid A on us and it nearly works. Some of their best songs to date are a product of the record, which include Blue Orchard, Denial Twist, and My Doorbell.
  5. Oct 31, 2011
    There is a reason why in 2005 The White Stripes received a Grammy nomination for Best Pop Vocal Performance by a Duo or Group instead of Best Rock Vocal Performance or Best Rock Song. The opening Blue Orchid may not suggest it but Get Behind Me Satan is the bandâ
  6. Jun 29, 2012
    Really strong follow up to their mulitple hit spawning Elephant record. This album see's the White Stripes try some new tricks, being experimental while at the same time retaining their blues rock core. Although it doesn't have as many catchy numbers as it's predecessors and it may not always be as consistent as we're used to hearing from them, it's got some of their finest moments on it. Red Rain, Take Take Take, Blue Orchid and The Denial Twist would all walk onto any rock album out there. To compliment those tracks you've got the more peculiar ones like The Nurse and Little Ghost. Much better than it's follow up Icky Thump. Expand
  7. Apr 26, 2012
    Very nicely done! I just adore The White Stripes. Jack White is so amazing, and the songs on this album just do not disappoint. It was very sad to see them break up, but I'm glad that we still have albums like this around.

1. It's an album so strong and so unexpected that it may change the way people hear all its predecessors. And that's just a start. Listen long enough, and this album might change the way you hear lots of other bands, too.
  2. A very strange album, which shreds the old White Stripes rulebook (no bass, just guitar and drums) and pushes into territories way beyond the blues and rock of their previous four records.
  3. A sidestep that’s as easy to admire as it is hard to love.