Get Rich Or Die Tryin'

8.5

Review this album

1. CrystalM
    Feb 18, 2003
    50 cent is so fine a no matter what that b**** Ja Rule has to say about him I still love his fine ass!
  2. Apr 9, 2011
    Along with Marshall Matters Lp, Blueprint, Eminem Show, College Dropout, This few albums were the only classic hip hop albums released in the 2000s. 50cent took the music industry with surprise with this album but bigger thanks to Eminem and Dr Dre, i believe anyone who rides with Em and Dre cant lose. Classic !!!!!
  3. AdamJ
    Feb 9, 2005
    This isn't a bad album. But this is not the savior or rap, nor does rap really need a savior at the moment. Even dolts like this can sell 6 million copies. 50 cent wasn't a hot name for many years for a reason: He's a decent enough rapper but he's far from ever turning out anything classic, lyrically or musically. The guy just isn't a classic flow. He's spent This isn't a bad album. But this is not the savior or rap, nor does rap really need a savior at the moment. Even dolts like this can sell 6 million copies. 50 cent wasn't a hot name for many years for a reason: He's a decent enough rapper but he's far from ever turning out anything classic, lyrically or musically. The guy just isn't a classic flow. He's spent years going after Ja Rule, apparently because Ja Rule's men both shot AND stabbed him, but his public persona is "gangsta" when pretty much everyone who can remember "Boo Boo" knows better. Columbia let him go because they didn't see a future for him. His albums flopped and flopped again until his name got hooked into Eminem's and now he's riding Eminem's quickly declining star of fame. 50 will sell a couple million more here, but very quickly he's going ot become the 50 cent the public at first rejected, and for a reason: His flow sometimes falls behind any beat too challenging, his rhymes are juvenile, and as we can see with Candy Shop, he's now ripping off a formula he spent two years ridiculing (With the help of Eminem- truth be known, Eminem is the one who ripped Ja apart, not 50 cent.). All in all, a forgettable, pop rap album. Expand
  4. ronron
    May 5, 2003
    There will be a rapper who has the skills of Tupac and Biggie combined but I think that 50cent will never measure of to them because their too deep and they can rap good, my opinion. Ja rule compared to him is a better rapper.
  5. BrentP
    Feb 10, 2004
    There are only 2 good tracks on this album ("Many Men" and Don't Push Me"). First of all, Ja Rule and 50 are both alike on the fact that they are stereotypical manstreemers. The only reason guys like the album because Em and Dre are involved and the only reason girls like the album is because he is good looking. I agree that the production on the album is exeptional but 50 just There are only 2 good tracks on this album ("Many Men" and Don't Push Me"). First of all, Ja Rule and 50 are both alike on the fact that they are stereotypical manstreemers. The only reason guys like the album because Em and Dre are involved and the only reason girls like the album is because he is good looking. I agree that the production on the album is exeptional but 50 just spoils the tracks with rhymes that lack creativity. He is not even the best in G-Unit. Lloyd Banks is incredible on "Dont Push Me." If there were any justice in this world, artist like Lloyd and Canibus would be getting these lucrative contracts instead of 50 and Rule. 3/10 at best mainly because of production. Expand
  6. ChrisM
    Feb 22, 2005
    its ok. nothing great like jay-z's black albumn
  7. PhilB
    Nov 12, 2004
    horrible........hes a fake, yea you sold drugs but who in the hood dont??? i give him props for survivin gettin shot but, it takes a man to do the shootin any1 can get shot. bout time he has a good album, no1 heard his first, it was terrible, he has eminem (one of the best lyricist ever) and dr dre (best producer in hip-hop) he gets a popular album but he dont get no street credit cause horrible........hes a fake, yea you sold drugs but who in the hood dont??? i give him props for survivin gettin shot but, it takes a man to do the shootin any1 can get shot. bout time he has a good album, no1 heard his first, it was terrible, he has eminem (one of the best lyricist ever) and dr dre (best producer in hip-hop) he gets a popular album but he dont get no street credit cause all aeropstale ppl bought it Expand
  8. rubenf
    Mar 10, 2005
    for the new comer 50 cent eminiems prodege, this album is really good. the beats are bumpin and the songs are very impresive. accept for the tired shots taken at ja rule this album pretty good.
  9. MarcL
    Feb 20, 2003
    Dis cd here kicks ass so much, whoever don't have it now u have to get it.
  10. CollinetteG
    Mar 2, 2003
    50 cent displays growth and raw natural talent that can't be denied. Get rich or die tryin is a classic just like Illmatic (NAS), Reasonable Doubt(JayZ) and Ready to die(Biggie Smalls).
  11. candyw
    Mar 24, 2003
    g..g.g..g unit this cd is real u have to be a g to feel it!
  12. shayvoniar
    Mar 8, 2003
    I love 50. I was with him when he 1st came out. I love his voice. his lyrics are so real. I know eminem is so pleased he found a winner in 50 cent
  13. K.C.Summers
    Apr 3, 2003
    Get Rich or Die Tryin is the hottest album out.
  14. TimL
    May 3, 2003
    I think this cd should be rated #1 because it is so good and that 50 cent just rocks the house when he rocks
  15. ur
    May 5, 2003
    the songs sound cheap, his rapping bores me, and he's ugly as h***. I don't think he's gonna make it. Yall say he's the shit but I know that there's a better rapper out there that is waiting come out, and soon you all will be bored with 50 cent because that's all he's worth.
  16. kabaalucyber
    May 7, 2003
    This c.d is the coolest. 50 cent should get an award as as the best up coming singer and his album is the best of the year.
  17. heyhey
    Jun 15, 2003
    "Get rich or die tryin'? honestly.. what message is this sending to out children?
  18. ErnestK-H
    Jan 28, 2004
    it go hard
  19. John
    Aug 18, 2004
    durh ah'm stoopid, wow... this guy is such an illiterate fool
  20. joesmokin
    Apr 3, 2006
    vey gd 1of mi favs
  21. bucky
    Mar 3, 2007
    this cd is awsome. curtis (aka 50 cent) is the shit man i met him hes cool fuck game man he is no good for nothin man same with ja rule man i heard about the sex tape with ja rule and the game fuckin fags man ill kill both of yah
  22. JesseA
    Dec 20, 2003
    this is my favourite music CD. its great!!! the first day i got it i listened to it 3 wholes times in one day!!! it could be a little better, if it had more songs with eminem and g-unit in.
  23. stingaj
    Dec 8, 2003
    Off the hook!
  24. demid
    Feb 15, 2003
    this joint is hot as hell if u dont like it you must not be a true hip hop fan
  25. JeffD
    Feb 22, 2003
    Love it!
  26. AMANDAT
    Feb 22, 2003
    thia is the best CD!!! and my nigga 50 is fine as hell
    Feb 24, 2003
    He's gangsta as hell, too gangsta for an average joe to handle.
  28. JimmyH
    Feb 24, 2003
    #18,#5,#5,and the whole album is good
  29. YeseniaA
    Feb 25, 2003
    I gonna give dis CD a perfect 10, beacuse i loved the work 50 Cents had put in dis CD, and da way he had rapped wit other like Emimem and Dr.Dre, and G-unit. I love 50 Cents for being him.Im jus sayin dat dis album is da best out of my years.
  30. JoshD
    Feb 26, 2003
    50 Cent is the shit. His CD sounds a lot like something Tupac might release.

1. Unless you are the president of the NRA or addicted to Cops-type tales, 50 Cent's debut is strictly small change.
  2. More sonically adventurous than its mainstream look suggests.
  3. Only intermittently justifies the buzz surrounding the rapper's career.