Hefty Fine - Bloodhound Gang
6.4

Review this album

1. Aug 30, 2013
    This album is different from the others, but I like the direction they're going in. Obviously Jimmy Pop is being more influenced from the techno/electronic scene in Europe and given he's always been a Depeche Mode fan, we should've seen this coming. Love all their songs and albums, but this one is one of my favorites. They are by far the laziest band in the world. Hooray for Groupies probably won't be out for another 5 years and it'll be another 10 before we see a new album lol. But true BHG fans will wait it out. The lyrics are genius and hilarious, the music is great and for those that think it sucks, obviously you don't have a sense of humor. Expand

1. Hefty Fine finds the Bloodhound Gang in a Catch-22 -- they've never wanted to be anything other than a dumb, silly hard rock band, but their shtick is getting tired, yet they're trapped by the confines of what they want to be.
  2. No, kids, it's not that scatological jokes aren't funny, just that these scatological jokes aren't funny.
    The nu-metal and new wave sendups are too conventional to work as either comedy or music--and the nonstop woman-bashing becomes repugnant fast. [Nov 2005, p.131]