Human After All - Daft Punk
7.4

Review this album

1. Feb 16, 2014
    Seeing the yellow tinge of average surrounding the mediocre score of this album surprises me, and frankly, most of the reviewers and critics who delivered a poor score on this album probably listened to it once and disregarded it automatically. One who sees a mere 57 out of 100 rating on an album would surely give it a miss - a mistake that many have made. Simply put, this album, whileSeeing the yellow tinge of average surrounding the mediocre score of this album surprises me, and frankly, most of the reviewers and critics who delivered a poor score on this album probably listened to it once and disregarded it automatically. One who sees a mere 57 out of 100 rating on an album would surely give it a miss - a mistake that many have made. Simply put, this album, while almost half the length of their first album and considerably shorter than their second, is a gem that deserves much warmer recognition it has now gained. A track like "Robot Rock" may be tiresome to sit through for some, but that song is an anthem. It is a rewarding listen. "Steam Machine" tinges with the whisper of the eponymous track title, darkening the album's tone further; and lighter tracks "Make Love" and "Emotion" show that Daft Punk can create a song in any positive or negative tone, and any genre they see fit.
    In my opinion, then, "Human After All" is yet another flying-colours pass by the French duo.
  2. Jul 23, 2013
    When i heard this album for the first time i couldn't believe how bad it was. I felt like daft punk became lazy. Now, after listening to this for a few more times, my opinion radically changed and i actually see this as one of the best albums i've ever heard. It's not all good though; take "steam machine" for example. You've heard enough already before the beat kicks in. It's the same withWhen i heard this album for the first time i couldn't believe how bad it was. I felt like daft punk became lazy. Now, after listening to this for a few more times, my opinion radically changed and i actually see this as one of the best albums i've ever heard. It's not all good though; take "steam machine" for example. You've heard enough already before the beat kicks in. It's the same with "the brainwasher". But it's the masterpieces that make this album so great. And with masterpieces, i'm talking about song like the title track, "technologic" and "prime time of your life". They've really grown to me now. What i like as well, is that everything sounds so spontaneous. Behind all the robotic effects, it sounds more human than anything i hear on the radio right now.
    They only thing i don't like, is that it's so short. 9 tracks? Come on, i wanted more of this awesomeness!
  3. May 26, 2013
    Human After All is a piece of incomprehensible art made music; it's a classic of experimental electronic music that after being rejected at first, became one of those rare gems that people still jam, no mater how old they are. Human After All may be very far from the definition of human, but that just enlightens its dark nature, and its vast potential.
  4. Mar 13, 2013
    Humongously underrated album. I'd take this album over Homework any day. Beat and builds that rival anything the duo had put together previously and a melodic melancholy I love getting lost in.
  5. Jan 16, 2012
    Human After All is an excellent album by one of the best artists that have ever existed. Maybe is not as good as its predecessor, but in my opinion at the same place as Homework, this record shows to the world what is real electronic music. Because a lot of people thinks that this dance-pop parasites and the awful remixes of their songs are electro. Nothing as far as reality. Human AfterHuman After All is an excellent album by one of the best artists that have ever existed. Maybe is not as good as its predecessor, but in my opinion at the same place as Homework, this record shows to the world what is real electronic music. Because a lot of people thinks that this dance-pop parasites and the awful remixes of their songs are electro. Nothing as far as reality. Human After All is the perfect example of this. Beginning with a masterpiece, the title track is simply awesome, one of the best Daft Punk songs. Prime Time Of Your Life is a strange song, with a lot of industrial music, but still cool. And then, Robot Rock. Epic. How, with a single riff, create something as brilliant. The best song of the CD. Steam Machine is the same story of the second track, but this kind of songs rules and make us see that DP is a very original band. Make Love is the opposite. A calmed song, with a single riff, but that really fits with the concept of art. Absolutely great. The Brainwasher is a great song to, direct to the spirit, effective. On/Off is only an introduction for what comes next, the best song with Robot Rock, Television Rules The Nation. Describe how amazing it is is impossible. Technologic is a fun song, that improves as it progresses. And the last song, Emotion, is a calmed song with a lot of feeling. In conclusion, a great album. Maybe some parts are repetitive, but who cares. It's Daft Punk, and Human After All is one of the tops of music in the 21st century. Expand
  6. Dec 15, 2010
    Human After All is a bit of a mixed bag for me. I don't really agree with all the atrocious reviews for it, but I can understand what these critics are trying to say. Most of the tracks don't really go anywhere. It's like the chorus the whole song. Some are catchy the whole way through, others are just a bit annoying after a bit. All In All, Daft Punk's Discovery was brilliant, but HumanHuman After All is a bit of a mixed bag for me. I don't really agree with all the atrocious reviews for it, but I can understand what these critics are trying to say. Most of the tracks don't really go anywhere. It's like the chorus the whole song. Some are catchy the whole way through, others are just a bit annoying after a bit. All In All, Daft Punk's Discovery was brilliant, but Human After All could 've been so much better. C+ Expand

1. Dominated by overly repetitive, lumbering throwaways. [18 Mar 2005, p.68]
  2. Apparently knocked off in just six weeks, Daft Punk's third album sounds like it took six days. Six short days. With long lunches.
    Feels desultory and numb, verging on autistic. [Apr 2005, p.116]