• Record Label: Maverick
6.1

Review this album

1. matta
    Jul 26, 2005
    Proof that Alanis Morissette never had any real talent to begin with.
  2. KatieP
    Jul 26, 2005
    I love this CD. Unlike everyone else, Jagged Little Pill isn't my favourite CD. However, I found myself LOVING the acoustic versions. Some are bad (Right Through You where she sounds like she's yodelling), but others are utterly brilliant (such as the new version of Your House with music added). She sounds great, definitely worth the $20.
  3. AA
    Jul 26, 2005
    Alanis has a great voice and this album showcases it. F_ck all that "we miss the rage" stuff - she has mellowed out. Deal.
  4. D
    Jul 27, 2005
    Not as fresh or inventive as it could have been, but great nonetheless. The songs were great to begin with.
  5. Drub
    Jul 27, 2005
    wow, not good.
  6. PatrickK
    Jul 28, 2005
    Everyone is on here saying "oh, Alanis lost her edge", but that isn't the point, it is acoustic, it is calm, and it is showcasing the music and the past.
  7. DougPop
    Jul 28, 2005
    At first, like many, I thought that Morissette was just releasing this CD to make a quick buck and I thought this would just be a rushed POS....boy was I W-R-O-N-G!!!!! What a freakin' masterpiece! Her vocals on this CD are simply amazing, and while a few cuts are slightly "worse" than the original, this CD has given most of her hit tracks a whole new life. A MUST BUY FOR SURE!!!! At first, like many, I thought that Morissette was just releasing this CD to make a quick buck and I thought this would just be a rushed POS....boy was I W-R-O-N-G!!!!! What a freakin' masterpiece! Her vocals on this CD are simply amazing, and while a few cuts are slightly "worse" than the original, this CD has given most of her hit tracks a whole new life. A MUST BUY FOR SURE!!!! You will NOT regret it one bit. Expand
  8. ShelbyT
    Jul 29, 2005
    Some people need to cut their losses and move on.
  9. LS
    Aug 3, 2005
    This is a great acoustic version of one of the best albums of the 1990's.
  10. Launce
    Aug 3, 2005
    I have to admit I was never a fan of the original version, judging it a bit too whiny and adolescent for my taste. But the remake takes inferior material and makes it completely colorless. I usually like acoustic treatments, but in this case run, run, run as fast as you can.
  11. Fab
    Aug 3, 2005
    Why did anyone ever care?
  12. LloydO
    Aug 12, 2005
    While her original masterpiece may have shocked the world, this album is special in its own way. It will never compare to the original, but it does prove that Alanis has a tremendous voice and that her voice has matured immensely over the last 10 years. Let's hope that we have more original songs coming from this genius in the future. It would be sad if we didn't get at least While her original masterpiece may have shocked the world, this album is special in its own way. It will never compare to the original, but it does prove that Alanis has a tremendous voice and that her voice has matured immensely over the last 10 years. Let's hope that we have more original songs coming from this genius in the future. It would be sad if we didn't get at least one more groundbreaking album, like the first Jagged Little Pill, from this marvellous talent. And I believe she still has it in her. Expand
  13. MatthewS
    Aug 12, 2005
    This cd is stunning. Her vocals are much more prjective and powerfully wrung with raw emotion, clarity ans beauty 10 years later. I was 14, when the original was released. To go back and re-visit the lyrical content is amazing, as I relate to many of the universal and encompassing compositions. The y are stark and tender, now and full of grace, in this simple yet effective edition. I This cd is stunning. Her vocals are much more prjective and powerfully wrung with raw emotion, clarity ans beauty 10 years later. I was 14, when the original was released. To go back and re-visit the lyrical content is amazing, as I relate to many of the universal and encompassing compositions. The y are stark and tender, now and full of grace, in this simple yet effective edition. I prefer this to the original, as it's just better. At first I iddn't but this is in my player non stop. Oh, and on 'Forgiven' she no longer sings like Axl Rose, which is great in itself. Expand
  14. ChrisJ
    Aug 17, 2005
    Alanis has gone on to accept and beautifully transcend the words and themes from her original recording. Not only have her vocals matured in a most respectable manner, so has she.
  15. salomey
    Sep 3, 2005
    i am giving this 3 points because something interesting might have happened after i fell asleep while listening to this album, so i might have missed it 3 points is already more than the number of good points alanis has for recording and even releasing this
  16. AleksC.
    Sep 4, 2005
    While it is nice to hear "Jagged Little Pill" acousticly, I kinda figured out that Alanis was over it about half a decade ago.
  17. KingInk
    Sep 14, 2005
    Why did I listen to this utter drivel? It intrigues me that people give Alanis any credit for anything at all - ever - given that fantastic artists such as PJ Harvey and Kim Gordon, let alone Marianne Faithful, were doing everything this whinger tries to do but does not even come close to doing. All of her albums are crap and boring, and now she's added a new one to her list.
  18. Bna
    Sep 16, 2005
    I was a HUGE Alanis fan of "Jagged Little Pill". I love Alanis' easy to relate to music and her bitter, angry edge. I wasn't overly impressed with the acoustic version at first. Right when she would hit an edgy part, she would almost immediatly soften it. Her voice has matured, as she has, and you can appreciate her wanting to show that.....But why touch a classic??? The I was a HUGE Alanis fan of "Jagged Little Pill". I love Alanis' easy to relate to music and her bitter, angry edge. I wasn't overly impressed with the acoustic version at first. Right when she would hit an edgy part, she would almost immediatly soften it. Her voice has matured, as she has, and you can appreciate her wanting to show that.....But why touch a classic??? The original will remain in my cd player. Expand
  19. rauljulia
    Sep 27, 2005
    It was derivitive & pathetic the first time around and even worse now.
  20. ArendvanE
    Oct 4, 2005
    Ha, ha, ha, ha, ...aaaaaah
  21. PhilH
    Oct 17, 2005
    Almost totally devoid of charm or substance. The best thing about this version of Jagged Little Pill is that it makes me want to listen to the original. I think the term is "creatively bankrupt"
  22. NathanC
    Oct 17, 2005
    The world could have gone without this one. A voice and a guitar would have been nice. The lyrics are still great but the arrangements are awful, and I hate the vocals.
  23. PeterPaul
    Oct 19, 2005
    She sounds like she's whining out her arse. Save it for someone who cares, Alanis. Now get over it! Love hurts, yeah we know. What a bitch love is, yeah we know. Guys are assholes, yeah-sometimes. Women can be worse & Alanis proves it with each and every release.
  24. Spriggangirl
    Oct 22, 2005
    What the fuck was Alanis thinking?Is she druged or is she confessing too much?
  25. mark
    Oct 27, 2005
    A classic.
  26. ScottyS
    Oct 27, 2005
    Sigh, when struggling musicians have lost their edge and appeal and delude themselves with an "it sounded like a good idea at the time" project, you get Jagged Little Pill Acoustic. And a rating of 34, the bottom of the barrel. Well I guess she needs to try to pay the rent somehow. Personally I suggest getting a job as a waitress. It would save the rest of us the trouble of writing bad reviews.
  27. mr.Rotten
    Oct 28, 2005
    Ever get the feeling you've been chea-ted?
  28. DamianM
    Oct 30, 2005
    No, Alanis is great. Buy the album. She is an amazing and gifted and HONEST artist.
  29. Wolfii
    Nov 3, 2005
    Great work and I believe every word - but why are you getting so sad, Alanis... :(
  30. RageEnraged
    Nov 16, 2005
    The album sucks, it's a debasment....i'd give a 10 to the critics for giving their correct judment...yuck....
  31. Ino
    Nov 16, 2005
    Raise up) take stand, Alanis One more pill?...ok) why not thru chemisytry to better life
  32. Morph
    Mar 23, 2006
    If the first pill was so jagged... why in the world would she want to swallow another one... and to top that, why in the world would she try to make us swallow another??? Wretched!
  33. JuanPabloCebollònH
    Apr 17, 2006
    I think that the record is not the best but it shows the other side of alanis's vocal evolution and her voice is wonderful and amazing but some tracks from jagged little pill acoustic are a little boring.
  34. IzatA
    Jun 5, 2006
    don't believe the critics... they're deaf....seriously! the album is very heartfelt n touches ur heart with tracks like Perfect, You Oughta Know. Buy Buy Buy!
  35. Apr 4, 2012
    Jagged Litte Pill was a fantastic album and this stripped down acoustic version just shows how excellent the songs on the original are, a great take on a classic album

1. For a woman who once used lyrics to shock listeners, there's nothing terribly shocking about this new CD.
    Despite scattered flashes of uncharacteristic lightness, she rarely tempers the fury that drove the originals with the more accepting perspective that's guided her subsequent efforts. [Jul 2005, p.119]
  3. Though pretty, the stripped-down treatment... is mostly free of innovation, softening rather than sharpening the originals' enjoyably jagged edges. [17 June 2005, p.79]