Journal For Plague Lovers - Manic Street Preachers
9.2

Review this album

1. Nov 11, 2010
    This is my first MSP album, and I have to think it will be hard for them to top this. The first go through I didn't think much of it, decent songs but nothing memorable. Well it really catches on and I find every song has something worth hearing in it, no filler material in here.
  2. Apr 25, 2011
    This album just gets better and better the more you listen to it.
    I think this album will be considered a rock classic in years to come - a cult classic up there with the Holy Bible. The songs are so diverse and emotionally raw. Awesome album.
  3. May 20, 2011
    Well... where do I start? The 9th album by the Manics is 14 songs of rock heaven, in my opinion there best album to date with Send away the tigers in 2nd and everything must go in 3rd. The reason for this is that every song seems to have so much efffort into them, each song has great music, great singing from JDB and of course great lyrics from Richey Edwards. The Holy Bible has great lyrics from Richey Edwards but the music doesnt support them but this type the music does. ITS BRILLIANT. Expand

1. Journal for Plague Lovers winds up being The Holy Bible in reverse: every moment of despair is a reason to keep on living instead of an excuse to pack it all in.
  2. Manics mine Richey’s last words for a return to the heart of darkness.
  3. Disjointed, imperfect, tender and raw, at the final reckoning it sits as a fitting epitaph.