Loud

• Release Date: Nov 16, 2010
7.0

Review this album

1. Feb 4, 2011
    "Loud" is different from the normal Rihanna. The difference is that it's much better. "Only Girl (In the World)" provides a massive, thunderous chorus that is sure to satisfy. "What's My Name?" has a lovey-dovey bridge and melody to it that will make your heart sink. "Raining Men" will make you want to dance, and "S&M" will get you in the mood. "Loud" is overall a pretty good album,"Loud" is different from the normal Rihanna. The difference is that it's much better. "Only Girl (In the World)" provides a massive, thunderous chorus that is sure to satisfy. "What's My Name?" has a lovey-dovey bridge and melody to it that will make your heart sink. "Raining Men" will make you want to dance, and "S&M" will get you in the mood. "Loud" is overall a pretty good album, despite some songs. Expand
  2. Nov 23, 2010
    An average album compared to the rest of her work. This was one of my most anticipated albums and was not pleased in the end. The tracks are quite forgettable and boring at times. Very disappointed by this album. I expected so much more. However, Rihanna has shown some growth as a vocalist, with the welcomed improvements on her vocals on songs like Complicated, California King Bed, andAn average album compared to the rest of her work. This was one of my most anticipated albums and was not pleased in the end. The tracks are quite forgettable and boring at times. Very disappointed by this album. I expected so much more. However, Rihanna has shown some growth as a vocalist, with the welcomed improvements on her vocals on songs like Complicated, California King Bed, and Love The Way You Lie (Part II). Favorite Track: 'What's My Name' (ft. Drake). Least Favorite Track: S&M. Expand
  3. Nov 19, 2010
    Rihanna's 2010 "Loud", sounds like an rushed effort after the lukewarm commercial reception of 2009's "Rated R". Tracks like "What's my name?" and "Man Down" feel like fresh standouts on the otherwise generic album. Tracks like "Cheers(Drink to That)" and "Raining Men" sound unfinished and need a lot more work. The sonically unremarkable album is filled with "copy and paste" songs fromRihanna's 2010 "Loud", sounds like an rushed effort after the lukewarm commercial reception of 2009's "Rated R". Tracks like "What's my name?" and "Man Down" feel like fresh standouts on the otherwise generic album. Tracks like "Cheers(Drink to That)" and "Raining Men" sound unfinished and need a lot more work. The sonically unremarkable album is filled with "copy and paste" songs from artists like"Alanis Morissette" and "Grace Jones". "Loud" isn't an bad album but it's not great and not great isn't good. (I'm sorry tracks like "S&M" inspired me to write that ending. Expand
  4. Nov 22, 2010
    Rihanna's 5th album proves to me that she has great vocals, and she is able to sell records. The downfalls of the album though are the tracks "Only Girl (In The World)", and "Cheers (Drink to That)". Another low on the album is "California King Bed". Corny lyrics, and vocals that prove she can sing, we know that. We get the picture. Give us something else to work with.
  5. Nov 30, 2010
    With songs like "Whats My Name?" & "Only Girl (In The World)" you would think this album would be SPECTACULAR! but... its just average. She may have nice catchy fun songs like "Raining Men" (ft. Nicki Minaj") but its nothing i haven't heard before from Rihanna. To me this album is kind of verging on "Generic POP"! I have heard better records from Rihanna.
  6. Jan 2, 2011
    Although the album isn't awful, it sure as heck isn't up to Rihanna's standards. Most of the tracks act as fillers for the occasional good song, with exceptions being Only Girl (In the World), What's My Name, and Raining Men. With these excluded, the album would just be a bland mess of white noise. An overall failure by my evaluation.
  7. Jan 4, 2011
    I was disappointed in "Loud", especially when they said Rihanna was "going back to her pop roots". I did not find too much pop in the work of the album. There are a few tracks I found myself liking and listening to more frequently, such as S&M and Raining Men; along with Only Girl. Sorry to the Drake fans, but I could not get into that track with him in it; I got a track without his verseI was disappointed in "Loud", especially when they said Rihanna was "going back to her pop roots". I did not find too much pop in the work of the album. There are a few tracks I found myself liking and listening to more frequently, such as S&M and Raining Men; along with Only Girl. Sorry to the Drake fans, but I could not get into that track with him in it; I got a track without his verse and like it way better. Overall I was not impressed and hope she does better next time. Expand
  8. Nov 21, 2011
    Loud is a commercial album. With the exception of a few songs, this is just made for selling. It's a good pop album, but I know that Rihanna can do much better. It's definitely not good enough for being the successor of Rated R, which is a work of art.
  9. Dec 12, 2010
    Me rating this album as 5 should sound strange, if you see on my Last.fm and realize that I have listen to it at least 250 times. "S&M" is Rihanna's masterpiece. One of the best (sex) songs I have ever heard. I mean, for me it's like a drug, if I listen once, I have to listen 4 times at least. There are other good songs "Only Girl" and "What's My Name" shows Rihanna and the quality of herMe rating this album as 5 should sound strange, if you see on my Last.fm and realize that I have listen to it at least 250 times. "S&M" is Rihanna's masterpiece. One of the best (sex) songs I have ever heard. I mean, for me it's like a drug, if I listen once, I have to listen 4 times at least. There are other good songs "Only Girl" and "What's My Name" shows Rihanna and the quality of her vocal skills. It's not the greatest vocal of all time, but it's good to hear. "Complicated" is a fun song, love the lyrics. But what can I say about the rest of the songs. OMG, I can even listen to them more than once. I know that some of them are grower, but it's not that good. But Rihanna shows on LOUD that she is one of the most amazing stars in the world. Expand
  10. May 26, 2011
    The album is ok, but she could have done much better - especially after "Good Girl Gone Bad" and "Rated R". Some of the tracks are good, but there is no evolution whatsoever.
  11. Jun 30, 2011
    This album is really a step backward from Rated R, but is fun, catchy, makes you feel good. Perfect music for American industry. And, as I'm not the American industry, I'm not so pleased with it. Average to OK.
  12. Apr 30, 2012
    I leave above the average for the songs are good, which there is no way to contest. However, it's just an album made â
  13. Mar 24, 2012
    To me, LOUD is Rihanna's weakest effort since she got into mainstream music (not counting "Music of the Sun" and "A Girl Like Me"). After the great album that was "Rated R" is was expecting her to maintain her level of involvement in the making of the record, but she completely step out of it instead. She just relied on the help of "Stargate" and other usual collaborators to create her theTo me, LOUD is Rihanna's weakest effort since she got into mainstream music (not counting "Music of the Sun" and "A Girl Like Me"). After the great album that was "Rated R" is was expecting her to maintain her level of involvement in the making of the record, but she completely step out of it instead. She just relied on the help of "Stargate" and other usual collaborators to create her the album obvious hits: "Only Girl (in the World)" and "S&M". She was lucky to make the extremely average song "What's my Name?" a success. The rest of the album is forgettable, except for the curious "Man Down". It is just (which is unforgivable given the medium quality of it's songs) but also rides on the success of "Love the Way You Lie" with not only one, but two versions of a "second part". It is incomprehensible to me how could this album be more successful than "Rated R" or her more recent "Talk That Talk". Publicity must really play a bigger role than I thought in her career.

Highlights: Only Girl (in the World), S&M, Man Down
  14. Apr 28, 2013
    This album is such a complete party. But I think some songs in this cd have more harmony and dancing than the singles. "Man Down" is boring, "Complicated" or "Skin" can replace this single, I think. But, in general, the album isn't so bad, I just think that a little more of work can transform this in something far better.
  15. Aug 30, 2013
    Serving as a lighthearted return to pop for Rihanna, Loud boasts salacious and provocative lyrics that offer more than gimmicks of "S-E-X". The perfection however lies in that this album was carefully calculated to the point of being front-loaded. The latter third of the album weighs down the pacing, and scrapes the bottom of the pop barrel (the same flaw with her third album, Good GirlServing as a lighthearted return to pop for Rihanna, Loud boasts salacious and provocative lyrics that offer more than gimmicks of "S-E-X". The perfection however lies in that this album was carefully calculated to the point of being front-loaded. The latter third of the album weighs down the pacing, and scrapes the bottom of the pop barrel (the same flaw with her third album, Good Girl Gone Bad.) Expand

1. Jan 13, 2011
    While each track on Loud is an audio Polaroid of past work, there's little evolution. It's evident Rihanna is working her way to the top, but she's been doing that for three albums now.
  2. Dec 13, 2010
    At a brief 47 minutes, though, it's hard to see Rihanna fans walking away from Loud thinking she's anything other than the coolest girl in her field.
  3. Nov 30, 2010
    The record's best moments aim low rather than loud, with spacious, skittery beats that let loose Rihanna's Caribbean cadence.