Loud - Rihanna
6.9

Review this album

1. Nov 17, 2010
  2. Nov 16, 2010
    Kinda good album... but definitively won't be in my top five 2010 albums, but probably in my top ten. Sometimes the album seems like it needs more work. Loud starts with a song called S&M, lyrically, this song is not that great : "I may be bad but I'm perfectly good at it/ Sex in the air, I don't care I love this melody" ; but I can't deny, this can be a huge success, especially for the clubs. I'm looking forward to see S&M as a single (at least in the Top 10). Cheers (Drink To That), a good song to sing with friends a Friday night, actually not bad, I can't really tell if this song will be a success, but definitively will excite the crowd during Rihanna's next tour.
    California King Bed is my personal favorite song on Loud! Very touching ballad. Rihanna's vocals are great. Lyrics seems so real. I hope this song will get noticed and hit a #1!
    Man Down is a Reggae song. In my opinion, it's the weakest link of the chain. But i can't deny that the beat is awesome and that the lyrics may be some kind of a wanna be honor to Bob Marley.
    Raining Men: full of beat song. Very good beat! You probably even won't notice the lyrics. I can tell you that I really love the bridge and Nicki Minaj's part. If you love Rihanna in her debuts (Music Of The Sun) you will worship this song.
    Love The Way You Lie (Part II) is a song with strong lyrics. A great choice to conclude this 11-track album. Her vocals are good, but the Chorus should have stayed the same. Best part without any doubt: Eminem's rap.

A great album in general. For me, Loud isn't as good as Rated R and Good Girl Gone Bad (Rated R being the best she made for me). If you love Rihanna you should love this album.
  3. Nov 18, 2010
    Who cares about this negative user reviews? They are just jealous for this amazing record!
    LOUD is so far the best album of 2010, Rihanna is the QUEEN!
  4. Nov 19, 2010
    I must say, before I start that this album is FULL of surprises and great sounds...Her mixing of different genres and her great vocal is probably the reason why she's so successful in today's music industry.
    About Loud:
    I think it's great album but, honestly, I expected a little more great hit songs. I mean... it's gonna finish like Rated R... Only Girl made a big smash.... and also S&M
    will do the same.... maybe Cheers take on some charts but the rest is just gonna fade and there will be many nice songs that are gonna get forgotten because she didn't make a good balance between those slow jams and those smashes....
    But still, it's a great album.... My favorites are Cheers, Skin, Only Girl & What's My Name... The weakest link is, at my opinion Complicated (she sang it very good but it has something that doesn't fit in this whole concept)....
  5. Nov 17, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A very good album!!!!I like that every song is different and great at the same time!Definitely one of the best Pop albums this year!!!Favorites:only girl,what's my name,cheers,love the way you lie(part II),raining men, california king bed(great vocals),fading,man down,skin,complicated!!!oh,oh!Did i mentioned them all?yep,because every song worth a listen!!!And maybe,who knows,maybe every single song in this album be a top 10 hit, because every song is different and very "radio-friendly"!!! Expand
  6. Nov 26, 2010
    Rihanna's Loud is probably a combination of her albums. The Caribbean music is present in some songs. The dance-hall/club music is the main element of each songs. R&B music is present in her ballads. Lastly, Love the Way You Lie (Part II) is a 'Rated R' song. I conclude that Rihanna combine all her album into one to produce an artistic and commercial success CD.
  7. Dec 18, 2010
    This album is amazing!!! I like it! This is her second best album after Good Girl Gone Bad! S&M, Only Girl, What's My Name?, Skin and California King Bed are the best songs on Loud!
    The best album in 2010. Catchy songs and beautiful ballads.
  8. Mar 2, 2011
    this this this this this this
    is is is is is is is is is is is
    so so so so so so so so so
    Amaizing amiazing amiazing!
    i buy i buy i buy i buy i buy i buy this this this this this this this this
    Album album album album album
  9. Mar 6, 2011
    Hmm...Rihanna did a pretty (not bad) job this time. Loud is 1 of her best album that contain great tracks like Only Girl(in the world), what's my name, s&m, fading and california king bed, but others are not gd at all!! Especially Cheers (drink to that), and Raining Men. These 2 are like "terrible", this album attracted me to listen to Rihanna, Keep Going, Rihanna!!
  10. Nov 14, 2011
    I love this album, this is Rihanna the way that I've grown to love and appreciate her, this album showed a different side of her, despite her lack of envolvement with songwriting and production, she makes up for it when you hear the final product and she delivers vocal perfomance better than she have in the past showing that she is truly improving as a vocalist. This was by far, my favorite album of 2010 and still listened to it throught 2011. Expand
  11. Mar 24, 2013
    One Of The Best Album Of All Time! Every Single Song Is Perfection Beyond!
  12. Dec 3, 2010
    This album is really good i like the lyrics of the song and it has also got a nice beat suiting the lyrics of the song. This is definitely going to be in my top 10 for this month where as i preferd her last album a lot better.
  13. Dec 3, 2010
    Loud is my best Rihanna album so far, is definitely puts her back into her comfort zone, doing great dance music, S&M is naughtily fun, Cheers (Drink To That) is a drinking anthem, Only Girl is a fantastic dance track and Complicated is a high powered dance ballad, however California King Bed is the ballad that don't really do it for me...it's too blah! but the stand out track for me the Man Down, the reggae influenced track, I love it! 10/10 deserved Expand
  14. Feb 4, 2012
    Overall (In My Opinion) Rihanna's Best Album!
    Love You And Ur Music!
  15. Jul 4, 2011
    Even though almost 8 months have passed since Loud saw the light in late 2010, I believe Loud is one of the albums that truly stand out, I could say is one of the albums of this decade that makes it worth commenting and reviewing. Almost every single track is club worthy and chart worthy, except for Raining Men with Nicki Minaj, this album is great to listen to. No wonder Only Girl (In the World), What's My Name? with Drake and S&M made it on the Hot 100, hopefully Man Down and California King Bed make it on the top spot or in the Top 3. Let's wait and see if it's true if she re-releases Loud this fall. Expand
  16. Jul 22, 2011
    From the dance floor born "S&M", to the hormone injected "Skin", this album is a potential hit from start to finish. From the club inspired tracks like "S&M", and "Only Girl (In The World)" to the hip hop "What's My Name?", and "Cheers (Drink To That)", to the island themed "Man Down", to the rock ballad "California King Bed" to the other rock, infuesed with hip hop song, "Skin", to the hip hop infuesed ballad "Fading", to the pop ballad "Complicated, to the rap/hip hop song "Raining Men" (with an excellent performence by Nicki Minaj), this album jumps from genre to genre flawlessly. It doesn't once feel like she's ripping of anyone, and you people have to realize something! Do you all know how long music's been out? It may not be on purpose, but every album is going to at least accidently copy off someone. When you find an album out in the last five years that is completly 100% original then let me know! Expand
  17. Nov 25, 2011
    A good album with lots of hits and has shown to be extremely successful so far selling 6 million copies , making Rihanna one of the most successful pop stars out there today
  18. Nov 23, 2011
    Even though the album was a bit rushed, it provided many types of music. Reggae, Pop, R&b, and even a bit of dance. It takes her back to the Caribbean roots she also had, and gains attention with the radio through her pop songs. All in all the album was AMAZING, very radio friendly.
  19. Dec 16, 2011
    This album is probably one of my favorites of the year. It's super catchy, and there are a variety of songs in it. It isn't repetitive like most albums and what I love is how Rihanna can always keep it fresh and with time she's becoming better and better. DIVA!!!
  20. May 31, 2012
    This Is What Pop Music Is!
    Real Vocals Real Music.. No Auto Tune Crap..
    Love This Album One Of The Best Albums Of All Time!
    Best Song: S&M
    Worst Song: None
  21. Nov 19, 2012
    Her best effort to date ! From S&M until Love the Way You Lie (Part II), the album is a complete masterpiece. One song that bothers me is Raining Men with the awful Nicki Minaj. Apart of that it's awesome!
  22. Feb 5, 2013
    This is one of Rihanna's shorter albums but it also happens to be one of her best as I felt it delievred the best singles. All the songs bring their own little something to the album and it even has Rihanna's own take on the Enimem smash 'Love The Way You Lie'.
  23. Jul 6, 2013
    Although "Good Girl Gone Bad" is album that Rihanna is best known for, it was "Loud" that established her as a pop and R&B diva and one of the biggest hit-makers on the world (and my favourite singer). Singles like "Only Girl (In The World)", "What's My Name" and "S&M" became the biggest hits of both 2010 and 2011. Reggae inspired "Man Down", vulnerable rock ballad "California King Bed" (smash hits in Europe) and sensual 5 minutes of heaven called "Skin" are some of the best songs Rihanna have ever made. She also improved her vocal abilities on songs lik "Complicated" or "Love The Way You Lie II". During the promotion of the album she collaborated with some of the biggest names in the music industry like: Guetta, Drake, Eminem, Minaj and even the pop princess Britney Spears. It truly deserves this rating.

24. Mar 23, 2014
    Rihanna's best album, and one of my favorite albums ever. Every song is amazing, and she made up for her 4th album, "Rated R". The best song is "S&M."
  25. Nov 1, 2013
    I must admit, I receive this album as the most commercial among all of her CDs. It means nothing, because it is still brilliant. Commercialism made by Riri is diffrent than stuff from Pitbull. My faves are "Cheers", "California King Bed" and probably the most influenced by Euro-dance "Complicated". I adore image of Riri while promoting this great album. She is just a lioness RAW:D
  26. Nov 6, 2013
    Her best album, DEFINITELY. The chorus are explosive, and she mixed many rhythms together, and they're all good. After Rated R, I think she put in a record multiple hits. Congratulations, Riri!

1. Jan 13, 2011
    While each track on Loud is an audio Polaroid of past work, there's little evolution. It's evident Rihanna is working her way to the top, but she's been doing that for three albums now.
  2. Dec 13, 2010
    At a brief 47 minutes, though, it's hard to see Rihanna fans walking away from Loud thinking she's anything other than the coolest girl in her field.
  3. Nov 30, 2010
    The record's best moments aim low rather than loud, with spacious, skittery beats that let loose Rihanna's Caribbean cadence.