Manners - Passion Pit
8.7

Review this album

1. Jan 7, 2011
    Amazing drum lines, especially in the song "Little Secrets". Overall it's an awesome album. However, I do feel like the singer over strains his voice a little. Very catchy beats and great use of electronics though. A solid listen for anyone looking for happy, energetic music.
  2. Sep 10, 2011
    Passion Pit shows their astounding amount of musical creativity in their debut studio release MANNERS, as well as their ability to sing very high notes. I loved this music so much that I went to see them in concert.
  3. Nov 17, 2013
    Manners is much more than a bland electro-pop indie scene hype-fest, it is an extremely well-done and addicting album which delivers on all levels. Tasteful and fun electronica, interwoven instrumental recordings, and highly entrancing falsetto vocals all go into making this a highly thematic and enjoyable album. It rarely offers a dull moment, keeping emotions and energy high, while still ignoring empty over-popped indie hits with interesting song structure and true substance that goes past normal expectations. I've listened to this album for a long time, and it constantly maintains its position as my favorite album, a true work of art which is filled with musical expertise that you can hardly find anywhere else. I highly recommend this album. Expand

1. I could go song by song and come to the same conclusion with pretty much each one: the dedication to this carefree whimsy of youth ultimately stands as the most impressive thing about Passion Pit, and it wears thin quickly.
  2. Refreshingly free of pretensions and convolutions it's full of well-written songs with melody and fun at its big heart.
    Poptimist Michael Angelakos tried to hold onto his girlfriend with Passion Pit's first EP. That didn't work (blame the self-obsessed lyrics), but on his band's debut full-length, their squeaky indie-pop theatrics are more convincing.