Meteora - Linkin Park
8.5

Review this album

1. Sep 23, 2012
    While not perfect, Meteora is a really great album that I thought was even better than Hybrid Theory. One of very few albums where I actually liked every single song on the album.
  2. Nov 14, 2011
    Hated on so much yet its easily the best album LP has put out. Meteora is a hit from begining to end and it shows just how much you can evole from one album to the next.
  3. Feb 20, 2011
    Meteora has some really great songs on it like Numb and Faint, but it has some songs that are just ok like Nobody's Listening and Don't Stay, all in all it seems like there trying to keep some of the heavier style from Hybrid Theory, while trying to make a softer side known, do to this the cd seems kind of like it doesn't know what it wants to be, and it has some less than great tracks, this is still a cd I would recommend if you enjoyed the first. Expand
  4. CRL
    Sep 12, 2011
    This is an album of singles, radio-ready, three minute songs that, while most are enjoyable for fans of the genre, blend together a bit and can leave you wanting something more. Still, there are some that stand out; particularly Numb (simply amazing in every possible way), Easier to Run (great blend of rap and rock), and Breaking the Habit (in my opinion the best song Linkin Park has ever made), and make Meteora special. Expand
  5. Jan 10, 2012
    What Rush of Blood is for Coldplay, Meteora is for Linkin Park - a second album that does not disappoint at all! Normally, I will run from screamo like it's the plague, but it's used really well here when it suits their tracks. To me it seems preposterous rap-metal could exist, but Shinoda is easily one of the best rappers in the business. His rapping style is devoid of so called 'swagger' and it talks to people and not at them. The lyrics are so relatable and meaningful and songwriters like these guys are hard to come by these days. The highlights of the album are Numb (a LP classic I might add), Breaking the Habit and Faint. Looks like I should be hanging out at Linkin Park more often! Expand
  6. Jun 29, 2012
    The album has few good tracks that are Somewhere i belong, Numb and Breaking The Habit rest all the album is just a considerable squeal to Hybrid Theory which to me came as mixed record..............they are now being considered a band of fame...................Living Things is Better
  7. Dec 31, 2011
    Hybrid theory was just perfect, it was the first piece of music i ever got to own ( a casette recorded by my sister :D) and today after years its still impressive to listen to...meteora is a good album, sad that mtm and ats got to be garbage...the rap and the electro fits perfect, some of their sounds are really tight and just make your body move...but still the texts are far from "pickly teenage crap", like the little haters with 0-rates say, there is a lot of heart in chesters texts, and his way of shouting his feelings out into the world is great and fun to listen to...a must have album in my opinion, even if it doesnt get to the strength of Hybrid Theory Expand
  8. Dec 12, 2013
    This is their Masterpiece
    incredible Nu-metal linkin park's era work
    i prefer this than hybrid theory, also amazing
    I've been a fan of Linkin Park, but this album still sounds great audible
  9. DME
    Jun 27, 2012
    What separates Meteora from other Nu Metal / Rap-Metal acts is it's wonderful ability of being able to survive countless listens and never becoming tired.
  10. Aug 17, 2010
    Hybrid Theory was a little bit better, but Meteora is still a very good album. Although many tracks sound similar to each other, I really enjoyed almost all of the songs here.
  11. Aug 9, 2011
    Second greatest numetal album before hybrid theory of course.Agressive, meaningful lyrics and an amazing voice from chester it really deserved some grammy awards.
  12. Apr 24, 2011
    this albums awesome but still a bit monotonous because theres not much different between Hybrid Theory and it i give it an average review because of the awsome songs and the monotony in it sure you can keep your old sound but come on the same song structures from your previous album that''s to much 6/10
  13. Jun 28, 2012
    A damn fine album that contines the anger and lyrical themes of Linkin Parks first album, Hybrid Theroy as well as using as little swearing as possible.
  14. Aug 14, 2011
    Linkin park is my favorite band and a great rock band, this is their best album. I've listened to this album around 15 times and it's one of my favorite music albums.
  15. Jun 23, 2012
    Omg an 8.3? more like a 12.3. This album is just as good as Hybrid Theory so as many of u (should) know, this album is flippin awsome. Linkin Park has marked themselves as one of the greatest music artist today.
  16. Oct 14, 2011
    Is there really something to say about this that isn't perfect? From the beginning, LP does it even better than Hybrid Theory. Ignore the track ''Forgotten'' at the beginning. The whole album is pure art, still, not for everyone. And yes, the album is softer than Hybrid Theory, but better than it.
  17. Feb 29, 2012
    best **** linkin park album its so amazing and kick ass. if you don't like this album your like gay or something. like all the songs are **** amazing!
  18. Jan 13, 2012
    IMO its the best Linkin Park album hands down. Every track on here is great, Even the instrumental. I loved this album and it is a must listen for any new fans of LP.
  19. Jun 21, 2012
    Here and there songs, but still a very good album. There was three songs that caught me and got it its review now, and those where Numb, Faint, and Somewhere I belong, very good songs.
  20. Feb 8, 2012
    By far the best Linkin Park LP ever! I really love every song in it, but my absolute favorite is "Breaking The Habits"! Linkin Park forever...
  21. Jul 2, 2012
    Hands down my FAVORITE Linkin Park album! Their 2003 album Meteora has everything from substance, solid lyrical content, to seamless song to song transition. I can relate to every single song on this album, and whenever I listen to it I usually listen to every song in a row. Meteora isn't as heavy as Hybrid Theory, but it is more balanced which is a good thing. Hybrid Theory is second best and Living Things comes really close at third in my opinion. Great album! Expand
  22. Jul 23, 2012
    awesome! this is the best linkin park album ever. even "figure.09" and "hit the floor" sounds poor, "faint", "numb" and "somewhere i belong" is the song you need to hear before you die.
  23. Aug 12, 2013
    In my opinion, Meteora is just as indifferent as its predecessor and Linkin Park’s debut album, Hybrid Theory. Not only because both albums received the exact same average when I rated each song separately, but because their style didn’t change at all between those two albums. They put out some catchy and well-written singles that are also the best parts of the album, but re-used too many of the things they’ve already sung about on their first record. It’s mostly fun to listen to Meteora once or twice and maybe play songs like Numb or Breaking the Habit some times more, but the band didn’t provide enough new or unique things too persuade me into liking them. I’m not touched by the aggressive and emotional lyrics because, luckily, I’m neither addicted to drugs, nor was I ever bullied, nor was I ever abused. And if you’re looking for different themes than those on Meteora, you’ll have a bad time. As I’ve said in my review for Hybrid Theory, their style is better than practically every other nu metal band, however, nu metal is a genre and Linkin Park couldn’t make me enjoy it either. Mike Shinoda can’t rap really well and Chester Bennington isn’t especially good in the screamo parts and therefore, I depreciate Meteora just as much as Hybrid Theory. Expand
  24. Aug 8, 2012
    I loved "Numb" and "Faint", I listened to them all the time in the past, and still do to this day, just not as often, I didn't really like "Lying from you" but the rest were sublime, and its a real shame that Linkin Park's music today is nowhere near as good as this album.
  25. Mar 8, 2013
    Better than Hybrid Theory, but it's not enough. There are good songs (Numb, From The Inside, Breaking The Habit, Somewhere I Belong), but also bad tracks (Hit The Floor, Lying from You, Session) and Foreword that is absolutely useless. The others are OK.
  26. Aug 5, 2014
    This album talks about very many subjects with the power of fusing different musoc genres. The lyrics are agressive with a attitiude to it. And the style is so distinct. But in some of the songs the vocals are "melodic". But the sounds and structures make it unconventional in not a good way but they do have some nice inspiration music genre "layered" on the songs. The rock instrumentals are really cool though. Expand
  27. Dec 3, 2012
    This album was rap metals Abbey Road, successfully combining hip hops beat with hard rock's beautifully simple guitar cords. The distorted guitars smash into the listeners ears, and leaves you in Linkin Parks version of Aesthetic Arrest. The vocals, as always, are the most noticeable part of Linkin Parks performance. Mike Shinoda, the bands MC, is the bands clear leader and connects everything nicely. Chester Bennington, while not great at any one thing, is amazingly multitalented and can go from singing high notes to screaming two or maybe three at a time. All in all, if your into modern rock, or want to try something different, then Meteora is definitely worth a try. If you are into rap metal, you will absolutely love Meteora. Expand
  28. Sep 12, 2013
    Meteora picks up from where Hybrid Theory left off, and manages to be one of the rare albums on which every track is worth a listen. I believe that there is no problem in continuing with a previously used musical style, as long as it is good enough, and Meteora certainly is. The tracks are short and to-the-point, and the music is a stunning blend of rap and nu metal. "Numb", "Faint" and "Breaking The Habit" are highlights, while "Hit The Floor" and "Don't Stay" showcase the heavier side of the band. Meteora is truly the epitome of the "Classic Linkin Park" sound. Expand
  29. Dec 23, 2013
    I love Linkin Park, and I love every song on this album. They are all amazing, the sound is superb and mysterious. They tried a lot of different things on this album, and succeeded amazingly. This album is tied for my #1 favorite album, keep on rocking Linkin Park, 10/10
  30. Dec 17, 2013
    I consider it an excellent album. it shows much more experimentation in their sound to include effects of industrial metal and electronica.

never missing the voices of Chester Bennington full of suffering and anger and mike shinoda sinister raps.

I give it an 9 because there is a song that does not convince much but the rest of the album is a masterpiece compared to recent projects
    Linkin Park losing the original aesthetic that us fans want in the band. Expand
  31. Aug 1, 2014
    Forward/Dont Stay (9.25) I really like this album alot as well as Hybrid Theory because I played it alot during my angry teenage phase. Even though I had alot less holes in my door than my friends. Anyway, the heavy guitar is awesome and the lyrics that deliver a angry tone really do a great job at setting the tone for the entire album.

Somewhere I Belong (9.25) This is probably one of
    my favorite mainstream track on the album that Linkin Park made into a video. I really identified with this song in my early years of college and how I didn't fit in to the binge drinking crowd. I really identify with the chorus (well did) and how it really changed my psyche and thinking in a good and bad way.

Lying From You (9) The main reason a gave this song a nine was because of the awesome chorus and how it really makes the song standout. Chester does a great job on it. Near the middle end, Shinoda does a great job laying some bars down and showing Linkin Park's execptional talent in the NuMetal genre.

Hit The Floor (8.5) This song does a good job at incorporating a good blend of rock and hip hop. It doesn't stand out as much as the tracks before this but it is still good and I probably couldn't do any better.

Easier To Run (9) This is my favorite track that is not as well known. It just has a great tone overall I think and the lyrics Shinoda drops really hit home with me. The harmonic screamo elements that Chester delivers also really makes me love this song alot. I really wish Linkin Park would have made an official music video for this track because I know their are unofficial ones out there or maybe I just missed it because I just checked on YouTube.

Faint (9.25) I think this track is the heaviest on the album and hits the hardest lyrically and instrumentally. Whoever is a Linkin Park fan should listen to the Dark Ambush Remix on YouTube. I hope Linkin Park doesn't get mad at me saying that but it is a great rendition of a already great track. Like usual, the screamo is great, and fist pumping in the music is awesome as well.

Figure.09 (9) First off, I am not giving this song a 9 because 9 is in the title of the song. The chorus is the main reason. Shinoda lays down a good display of lyric ability as well. Obviously when Chester starts screaming, is when everyone punches holes in their doors and stuff like that. Overall, the song has a good little loop and mainstream guitar song along with the ending which changes the note base.

Breaking The Habit (9) I bet alot of LPUnderground will be trippin and slippin about me giving this song an 9. But I really like my habits that I have formed for myself. Since I am a computer nerd I really don't get pleasure in the outdoors for more than a hour at a time, and I really don't like the weather being above 70 degrees. I just don't connect with the lyrics that's all.

From The Inside (9) What I really like about this track is the changes in tempo which really makes it unique to me. I really like the whole line of 'I won't waste myself on you.' It doesn't take a genius to correlate this line to the song 'Lost In The Echo' on Linkin Park's Living Things album.

Nobody's Listening (8) I think it's great they give this track a oriental flair and the lyric flow is great. I hope hip hop fans don't don't take my score as me saying I don't like rap/hip hop as much as rock music. I like them equal. #YinAndYang

Session (9.25) This joint is one of my favorite portions of the album because of how Linkin Park shows off there DJing skills. That's all I really have to say but I feel obligated to write more than two lines on all of my reviews on each song.

Numb (9) This track is so powerful to me and I really can identify with it. Especially the times when I couldn't get out of bed. I couldn't even describe the feeling. The serious part was for a couple of days and I thought I was going to die. #ClinicalDepression #Suicide #Homicide
  32. Mar 16, 2014
    This album borders perfection, with a few details that I didn't personally like, but are no huge issue. Metal, nu metal, electronic, and heavy rock aspects combine to create Meteora, an album reaching out to fans of many different rock genres and aspects. I feel some of the hip hop style dropped the album down a peg, but overall, it is great. Definitely worth a buy to those that have not yet done so. Expand
  33. Jun 24, 2014
    One of my favorite albums of all time, this is the album that made me a Linkin Park fan. Every song in this album is at the very least good, not a single bad tune. Hybrid Theory already established them as a good band, Meteora established them as one of the best nu metal bands out there. Don't Stay, Somewhere I Belong, Lying From You, Faint, Figure.09, Breaking The Habit & the best song in the album, Numb. I highly recommend this album to anyone who is a rock fan. It is the perfect Linkin Park album. Expand
  34. Feb 21, 2014
    In my personal opinion, this is the best album that has ever been made in music history. I understand the weight of that statement but it is something that is constantly reaffirmed when I listen to the album a tenth or eleventh time around. Without a doubt, it is the most emotional Linkin Park album produced. Hybrid Theory was a good debut album for them where anger,angst, and a new musical energy flowed so creatively throughout it. But in their follow up album, they kept all of that and drowned it in beautiful melody. Instead of sounding like whining teenagers, the emotion came from something more and their maturity shined as a band compared to hybrid theory. Meteora spawned Don't Stay, Somewhere I Belong, Lying From You, Easier to Run, Faint, Breaking the Habit, From the Inside, Faint, Nobodys Listening, and the monster hit Numb. All songs that showcased the raw emotion of a band in their prime. I credit this album for peaking my peaking my overall interest into music and still remains the foundation of where my music taste comes from. I recommend this album to anyone and everyone. You will not be dissapointed. Expand
  35. Aug 10, 2014
    A true masterpiece. Maybe even better than Hybrid Theory. There is not one bad track on the entire album. The best tracks for me are Breaking the Habit, Somewhere I Belong and Easier to Run. Hear it and enjoy it is my final advice.

1. Through it all, the guys stay just as tight (translation: radio-ready) as ever, offering up tracks in near-perfect three-minute doses.
  2. Coming from a group whose debut offered a glimmer of hope for the expansion of the genre's boundaries, such creative laziness is all the more disappointing.
  3. While being as well-crafted, catchy and dynamic as the first one, it leaves you feeling distinctly underwhelmed, as if the band had simply reprogrammed the Pro-Tools machine that they'd made the first album on and changed the lyrics and speed of the songs a bit.