Meteora

8.6

Review this album

1. Aug 1, 2014
    Forward/Dont Stay (9.25) I really like this album alot as well as Hybrid Theory because I played it alot during my angry teenage phase. Even though I had alot less holes in my door than my friends. Anyway, the heavy guitar is awesome and the lyrics that deliver a angry tone really do a great job at setting the tone for the entire album.

Somewhere I Belong (9.25) This is probably one of

Somewhere I Belong (9.25) This is probably one of my favorite mainstream track on the album that Linkin Park made into a video. I really identified with this song in my early years of college and how I didn't fit in to the binge drinking crowd. I really identify with the chorus (well did) and how it really changed my psyche and thinking in a good and bad way.

Lying From You (9) The main reason a gave this song a nine was because of the awesome chorus and how it really makes the song standout. Chester does a great job on it. Near the middle end, Shinoda does a great job laying some bars down and showing Linkin Park's execptional talent in the NuMetal genre.

Hit The Floor (8.5) This song does a good job at incorporating a good blend of rock and hip hop. It doesn't stand out as much as the tracks before this but it is still good and I probably couldn't do any better.

Easier To Run (9) This is my favorite track that is not as well known. It just has a great tone overall I think and the lyrics Shinoda drops really hit home with me. The harmonic screamo elements that Chester delivers also really makes me love this song alot. I really wish Linkin Park would have made an official music video for this track because I know their are unofficial ones out there or maybe I just missed it because I just checked on YouTube.

Faint (9.25) I think this track is the heaviest on the album and hits the hardest lyrically and instrumentally. Whoever is a Linkin Park fan should listen to the Dark Ambush Remix on YouTube. I hope Linkin Park doesn't get mad at me saying that but it is a great rendition of a already great track. Like usual, the screamo is great, and fist pumping in the music is awesome as well.

Figure.09 (9) First off, I am not giving this song a 9 because 9 is in the title of the song. The chorus is the main reason. Shinoda lays down a good display of lyric ability as well. Obviously when Chester starts screaming, is when everyone punches holes in their doors and stuff like that. Overall, the song has a good little loop and mainstream guitar song along with the ending which changes the note base.

Breaking The Habit (9) I bet alot of LPUnderground will be trippin and slippin about me giving this song an 9. But I really like my habits that I have formed for myself. Since I am a computer nerd I really don't get pleasure in the outdoors for more than a hour at a time, and I really don't like the weather being above 70 degrees. I just don't connect with the lyrics that's all.

From The Inside (9) What I really like about this track is the changes in tempo which really makes it unique to me. I really like the whole line of 'I won't waste myself on you.' It doesn't take a genius to correlate this line to the song 'Lost In The Echo' on Linkin Park's Living Things album.

Nobody's Listening (8) I think it's great they give this track a oriental flair and the lyric flow is great. I hope hip hop fans don't don't take my score as me saying I don't like rap/hip hop as much as rock music. I like them equal. #YinAndYang

Session (9.25) This joint is one of my favorite portions of the album because of how Linkin Park shows off there DJing skills. That's all I really have to say but I feel obligated to write more than two lines on all of my reviews on each song.

Numb (9) This track is so powerful to me and I really can identify with it. Especially the times when I couldn't get out of bed. I couldn't even describe the feeling. The serious part was for a couple of days and I thought I was going to die. #ClinicalDepression #Suicide #Homicide
  2. Mar 16, 2014
    This album borders perfection, with a few details that I didn't personally like, but are no huge issue. Metal, nu metal, electronic, and heavy rock aspects combine to create Meteora, an album reaching out to fans of many different rock genres and aspects. I feel some of the hip hop style dropped the album down a peg, but overall, it is great. Definitely worth a buy to those that have notThis album borders perfection, with a few details that I didn't personally like, but are no huge issue. Metal, nu metal, electronic, and heavy rock aspects combine to create Meteora, an album reaching out to fans of many different rock genres and aspects. I feel some of the hip hop style dropped the album down a peg, but overall, it is great. Definitely worth a buy to those that have not yet done so. Expand
  3. Jun 24, 2014
    One of my favorite albums of all time, this is the album that made me a Linkin Park fan. Every song in this album is at the very least good, not a single bad tune. Hybrid Theory already established them as a good band, Meteora established them as one of the best nu metal bands out there. Don't Stay, Somewhere I Belong, Lying From You, Faint, Figure.09, Breaking The Habit & the best song inOne of my favorite albums of all time, this is the album that made me a Linkin Park fan. Every song in this album is at the very least good, not a single bad tune. Hybrid Theory already established them as a good band, Meteora established them as one of the best nu metal bands out there. Don't Stay, Somewhere I Belong, Lying From You, Faint, Figure.09, Breaking The Habit & the best song in the album, Numb. I highly recommend this album to anyone who is a rock fan. It is the perfect Linkin Park album. Expand
  4. Feb 21, 2014
    In my personal opinion, this is the best album that has ever been made in music history. I understand the weight of that statement but it is something that is constantly reaffirmed when I listen to the album a tenth or eleventh time around. Without a doubt, it is the most emotional Linkin Park album produced. Hybrid Theory was a good debut album for them where anger,angst, and a newIn my personal opinion, this is the best album that has ever been made in music history. I understand the weight of that statement but it is something that is constantly reaffirmed when I listen to the album a tenth or eleventh time around. Without a doubt, it is the most emotional Linkin Park album produced. Hybrid Theory was a good debut album for them where anger,angst, and a new musical energy flowed so creatively throughout it. But in their follow up album, they kept all of that and drowned it in beautiful melody. Instead of sounding like whining teenagers, the emotion came from something more and their maturity shined as a band compared to hybrid theory. Meteora spawned Don't Stay, Somewhere I Belong, Lying From You, Easier to Run, Faint, Breaking the Habit, From the Inside, Faint, Nobodys Listening, and the monster hit Numb. All songs that showcased the raw emotion of a band in their prime. I credit this album for peaking my peaking my overall interest into music and still remains the foundation of where my music taste comes from. I recommend this album to anyone and everyone. You will not be dissapointed. Expand
  5. Apr 21, 2015
    So **** dope album, second best album by them, losing to Hybrid Theory, of course. Nowadays, Linkin Park is on this electronic **** so, the rock gods predicted that and sent us this gift!!!!! Amazing album!!!!!!
  6. Oct 29, 2015
    Session: 10
    Numb: 11

All out of 10.
  7. Mar 13, 2016
    I loved it! This and Hybrid Theory are the best of Linkin Park! All songs are powerful with an amazing nu-metal sound. If you are a metal fan and you loved Hybrid Theory, then get ready for another masterpiece from Linkin Park.
  8. NancyR
    Apr 9, 2003
    I've been a long time fan of LP and I believe this CD is a perfect follow up of "Hybrid Theory" it certainly surpassed my expectations. I LOVED it the first time I bought it and just keep loving it more no matter what some critics say it's one of the best 15 some dollars I've spent. All I can say is that it's AWESOME musically and is unbelievable through it's art I've been a long time fan of LP and I believe this CD is a perfect follow up of "Hybrid Theory" it certainly surpassed my expectations. I LOVED it the first time I bought it and just keep loving it more no matter what some critics say it's one of the best 15 some dollars I've spent. All I can say is that it's AWESOME musically and is unbelievable through it's art and emotions it evokes. -Keep Up that Magic LP Expand
  9. JanaF
    May 24, 2009
    Really good album! As the others LP's albuns, meteora was perfect! Hello from Brazil.
  10. Sep 23, 2012
    While not perfect, Meteora is a really great album that I thought was even better than Hybrid Theory. One of very few albums where I actually liked every single song on the album.
  11. TommyG
    Mar 27, 2003
    nice album LP
  12. Nov 14, 2011
    Hated on so much yet its easily the best album LP has put out. Meteora is a hit from begining to end and it shows just how much you can evole from one album to the next.
  13. Apr 24, 2011
    this albums awesome but still a bit monotonous because theres not much different between Hybrid Theory and it i give it an average review because of the awsome songs and the monotony in it sure you can keep your old sound but come on the same song structures from your previous album that''s to much 6/10
  14. Jan 10, 2012
    What Rush of Blood is for Coldplay, Meteora is for Linkin Park - a second album that does not disappoint at all! Normally, I will run from screamo like it's the plague, but it's used really well here when it suits their tracks. To me it seems preposterous rap-metal could exist, but Shinoda is easily one of the best rappers in the business. His rapping style is devoid of so called 'swagger'What Rush of Blood is for Coldplay, Meteora is for Linkin Park - a second album that does not disappoint at all! Normally, I will run from screamo like it's the plague, but it's used really well here when it suits their tracks. To me it seems preposterous rap-metal could exist, but Shinoda is easily one of the best rappers in the business. His rapping style is devoid of so called 'swagger' and it talks to people and not at them. The lyrics are so relatable and meaningful and songwriters like these guys are hard to come by these days. The highlights of the album are Numb (a LP classic I might add), Breaking the Habit and Faint. Looks like I should be hanging out at Linkin Park more often! Expand
  15. Dec 12, 2013
    This is their Masterpiece
    incredible Nu-metal linkin park's era work
    i prefer this than hybrid theory, also amazing
    I've been a fan of Linkin Park, but this album still sounds great audible
  16. JosephP.
    May 6, 2008
    Their second album it continues the quality from the first, definitely a classic
  17. JohnO
    Apr 2, 2003
    this is the best LP cd ive ever heard so far. Its really awsome
  18. mElisSaliM
    Mar 13, 2004
    coOl alBuM!
  19. jg
    Mar 30, 2003
    astonishing from beggining to end
  20. TrevorH
    Jun 30, 2003
    This is an astonishing follow-up to Hybrid Theory. Although the tracks may seem short, the album itself flows so smoothly, it would have been foolish for the band to lengthen the songs and throw off the rhythm. Never before has the world of Rock and Roll been more shaken than by the release of this album. A must-listen for any music lover!
  21. DavidC
    Jun 9, 2003
    this album rocks make one just like it lp!
  22. keiths
    Aug 2, 2003
    It WAS GREAT, ESPECIALLY (FAINT)
  23. KadeeW
    Aug 5, 2003
    The new LP CD is really cool and it has even more orignality than all the others.
  24. KimR
    Feb 9, 2004
    I love everything about this album and Hybrid Theory. Linkin Park is by far my favorite!!! fyi boy bands all sing and don't play instruments duh!!!!!
  25. AaronG
    Oct 1, 2006
    This is a damn awesome album, wonderfullly made.
  26. Lamar
    Oct 7, 2007
    Quit complaining about LP sounding the same. AC/DC sounds the same on most records but nobody says anything about it..
  27. SydneyO.
    May 12, 2007
    Great album!
  28. JohnH.
    Mar 28, 2003
    I was a bit disappointed by the first single on the radio, "Somewhere I Belong," because it sounded like it belonged on Hybrid Theory. In other words, it was nothing new. But upon listening to the whole album, I can confidently say that LP have grown musically; their Reanimation project have definitely made them more eclectic and explosive.
  29. DaniD
    Apr 1, 2003
    This album is great and I think that it is as good as the first one.
  30. missy
    Apr 12, 2003
    i love this cd! i listen to it all the time when i go running and it helps me keep beat
  31. Amanda
    Apr 15, 2003
    This CD is totally awesome! I think that it is better than their last one! It has so many cool songs that I love! "From the Inside" and "Easier to Run" are my top favorites. "Somewhere I Belong gets a little old if you listen to it a lot. But this CD desreves a 10. I listen to it all of the time, like RIGHT NOW!
  32. Bineets
    Jan 28, 2006
    Not bad.
  33. CoreyM
    Apr 3, 2003
    This is an amazing album! I think Linkin Park has come a long way since their first album and will continue to progress gracefully in the music industries.
  34. AnyaT
    Apr 3, 2003
    Sticking true to the "Linkin Park sound", Meteora delivers an unfufilling dose of musical geneous showing they're not going to be had by the sophomore slump. The contrats between each song and the elements which front the power are such that the songs are still cohesive and all for the album to sing a bigger picture than represented in the individual song. The 41-page book contained Sticking true to the "Linkin Park sound", Meteora delivers an unfufilling dose of musical geneous showing they're not going to be had by the sophomore slump. The contrats between each song and the elements which front the power are such that the songs are still cohesive and all for the album to sing a bigger picture than represented in the individual song. The 41-page book contained in the CD comes off a little self-glorifying, but when you've got so much to be proud of go ahead and flaunt it. :) Expand
  35. BradB
    Jun 23, 2003
    I tohought tyhis album was awsome. whoever gave it a zero-five must not like linkin park that much nad must be fucked up.
  36. ChrisB.
    Jun 30, 2007
    Great album, well put together sonically, and a satisfying listen beginning to end.
  37. Aug 17, 2010
    Hybrid Theory was a little bit better, but Meteora is still a very good album. Although many tracks sound similar to each other, I really enjoyed almost all of the songs here.
  38. Aug 9, 2011
    Second greatest numetal album before hybrid theory of course.Agressive, meaningful lyrics and an amazing voice from chester it really deserved some grammy awards.
  39. Feb 20, 2011
    Meteora has some really great songs on it like Numb and Faint, but it has some songs that are just ok like Nobody's Listening and Don't Stay, all in all it seems like there trying to keep some of the heavier style from Hybrid Theory, while trying to make a softer side known, do to this the cd seems kind of like it doesn't know what it wants to be, and it has some less than great tracks,Meteora has some really great songs on it like Numb and Faint, but it has some songs that are just ok like Nobody's Listening and Don't Stay, all in all it seems like there trying to keep some of the heavier style from Hybrid Theory, while trying to make a softer side known, do to this the cd seems kind of like it doesn't know what it wants to be, and it has some less than great tracks, this is still a cd I would recommend if you enjoyed the first. Expand
  40. Jun 28, 2012
    A damn fine album that contines the anger and lyrical themes of Linkin Parks first album, Hybrid Theroy as well as using as little swearing as possible.
  41. Jun 23, 2012
    Omg an 8.3? more like a 12.3. This album is just as good as Hybrid Theory so as many of u (should) know, this album is flippin awsome. Linkin Park has marked themselves as one of the greatest music artist today.
  42. Oct 14, 2011
    Is there really something to say about this that isn't perfect? From the beginning, LP does it even better than Hybrid Theory. Ignore the track ''Forgotten'' at the beginning. The whole album is pure art, still, not for everyone. And yes, the album is softer than Hybrid Theory, but better than it.
  43. Dec 31, 2011
    Hybrid theory was just perfect, it was the first piece of music i ever got to own ( a casette recorded by my sister :D) and today after years its still impressive to listen to...meteora is a good album, sad that mtm and ats got to be garbage...the rap and the electro fits perfect, some of their sounds are really tight and just make your body move...but still the texts are far from "picklyHybrid theory was just perfect, it was the first piece of music i ever got to own ( a casette recorded by my sister :D) and today after years its still impressive to listen to...meteora is a good album, sad that mtm and ats got to be garbage...the rap and the electro fits perfect, some of their sounds are really tight and just make your body move...but still the texts are far from "pickly teenage crap", like the little haters with 0-rates say, there is a lot of heart in chesters texts, and his way of shouting his feelings out into the world is great and fun to listen to...a must have album in my opinion, even if it doesnt get to the strength of Hybrid Theory Expand
  44. Feb 29, 2012
    best **** linkin park album its so amazing and kick ass. if you don't like this album your like gay or something. like all the songs are **** amazing!
  45. Jan 13, 2012
    IMO its the best Linkin Park album hands down. Every track on here is great, Even the instrumental. I loved this album and it is a must listen for any new fans of LP.
  46. Jun 21, 2012
    Here and there songs, but still a very good album. There was three songs that caught me and got it its review now, and those where Numb, Faint, and Somewhere I belong, very good songs.
  47. Feb 8, 2012
    By far the best Linkin Park LP ever! I really love every song in it, but my absolute favorite is "Breaking The Habits"! Linkin Park forever...
  48. Jul 2, 2012
    Hands down my FAVORITE Linkin Park album! Their 2003 album Meteora has everything from substance, solid lyrical content, to seamless song to song transition. I can relate to every single song on this album, and whenever I listen to it I usually listen to every song in a row. Meteora isn't as heavy as Hybrid Theory, but it is more balanced which is a good thing. Hybrid Theory is secondHands down my FAVORITE Linkin Park album! Their 2003 album Meteora has everything from substance, solid lyrical content, to seamless song to song transition. I can relate to every single song on this album, and whenever I listen to it I usually listen to every song in a row. Meteora isn't as heavy as Hybrid Theory, but it is more balanced which is a good thing. Hybrid Theory is second best and Living Things comes really close at third in my opinion. Great album! Expand
  49. Jul 23, 2012
    awesome! this is the best linkin park album ever. even "figure.09" and "hit the floor" sounds poor, "faint", "numb" and "somewhere i belong" is the song you need to hear before you die.
  50. Aug 8, 2012
    I loved "Numb" and "Faint", I listened to them all the time in the past, and still do to this day, just not as often, I didn't really like "Lying from you" but the rest were sublime, and its a real shame that Linkin Park's music today is nowhere near as good as this album.
  51. Dec 3, 2012
    This album was rap metals Abbey Road, successfully combining hip hops beat with hard rock's beautifully simple guitar cords. The distorted guitars smash into the listeners ears, and leaves you in Linkin Parks version of Aesthetic Arrest. The vocals, as always, are the most noticeable part of Linkin Parks performance. Mike Shinoda, the bands MC, is the bands clear leader and connectsThis album was rap metals Abbey Road, successfully combining hip hops beat with hard rock's beautifully simple guitar cords. The distorted guitars smash into the listeners ears, and leaves you in Linkin Parks version of Aesthetic Arrest. The vocals, as always, are the most noticeable part of Linkin Parks performance. Mike Shinoda, the bands MC, is the bands clear leader and connects everything nicely. Chester Bennington, while not great at any one thing, is amazingly multitalented and can go from singing high notes to screaming two or maybe three at a time. All in all, if your into modern rock, or want to try something different, then Meteora is definitely worth a try. If you are into rap metal, you will absolutely love Meteora. Expand
  52. Sep 12, 2013
    Meteora picks up from where Hybrid Theory left off, and manages to be one of the rare albums on which every track is worth a listen. I believe that there is no problem in continuing with a previously used musical style, as long as it is good enough, and Meteora certainly is. The tracks are short and to-the-point, and the music is a stunning blend of rap and nu metal. "Numb", "Faint" andMeteora picks up from where Hybrid Theory left off, and manages to be one of the rare albums on which every track is worth a listen. I believe that there is no problem in continuing with a previously used musical style, as long as it is good enough, and Meteora certainly is. The tracks are short and to-the-point, and the music is a stunning blend of rap and nu metal. "Numb", "Faint" and "Breaking The Habit" are highlights, while "Hit The Floor" and "Don't Stay" showcase the heavier side of the band. Meteora is truly the epitome of the "Classic Linkin Park" sound. Expand
  53. Dec 23, 2013
    I love Linkin Park, and I love every song on this album. They are all amazing, the sound is superb and mysterious. They tried a lot of different things on this album, and succeeded amazingly. This album is tied for my #1 favorite album, keep on rocking Linkin Park, 10/10
  54. Dec 17, 2013
    I consider it an excellent album. it shows much more experimentation in their sound to include effects of industrial metal and electronica.

never missing the voices of Chester Bennington full of suffering and anger and mike shinoda sinister raps. I give it an 9 because there is a song that does not convince much but the rest of the album is a masterpiece compared to recent projects

I give it an 9 because there is a song that does not convince much but the rest of the album is a masterpiece compared to recent projects Linkin Park losing the original aesthetic that us fans want in the band.
  55. DME
    Jun 27, 2012
    What separates Meteora from other Nu Metal / Rap-Metal acts is it's wonderful ability of being able to survive countless listens and never becoming tired.
  56. nofearinc
    Apr 30, 2005
    I like rap-metal instrumentals, used in this album. Boys can sing better, but I don't mind some of their mistakes. After Reanimation this album makes it go better.
  57. RudyS
    Jan 28, 2006
    Lot of agression...but still average
  58. AlanB
    Mar 26, 2003
    Well, it's an awesome CD, I'm sure a lot of these songs will be radio hits, but it's only 36 minutes long. I wait around after it's over wishing there was more.
  59. Rod
    Mar 27, 2003
    Not as good as Hybrid theory, but overall this album delivers what you would expect from a band like linkin park.
  60. ??????????
    Apr 18, 2003
    It's a great cd! I love it!! Whoever gives it a 0 is a big pile of shit-aki mushrooms.
  61. BillK.
    Apr 1, 2003
    A great follow-up to Hybrid Theory. Linkin Park avoids the "sophomore curse"...this album is a work of art. Amazing.
  62. JoneO
    Apr 2, 2003
    this album kicks ass.. if your not looking for some new inventions or something
  63. CaseyJ
    Apr 2, 2003
    Chester's vocie must be raw by now. GOD YOU GUYS RULE!!!!!!
  64. Kiff-
    Apr 26, 2003
    Better than Hybrid Theory.
  65. JoshG
    Apr 2, 2003
    It is great! It is better than Hybrid Theory in my opinion. It has more rock, and the rap is still there!
  66. NseE
    Apr 28, 2003
    A brilliant cd. 'Breaking the habit' is just awesome, as are 'Numb', 'Easier to run' and everything else. Run, grab your copy now!
  67. JustinH
    Apr 5, 2003
    Awesome album! Faint is my favorite, but all of the tracks are creative and well produced.
  68. ChrisM
    Apr 7, 2003
    It rocks Out loud
  69. ChrisM
    Apr 7, 2003
    It rocks Out loud
  70. JonathanD.
    Apr 8, 2003
    When I first listened to Meteora, I thought it wasn't nearly as good as Hybrid Theory. But the new songs grow on you a whole lot, and soon rise to the same if not greater levels than those on the first CD, especially "Somewhere I Belong" and "From the Inside." Linkin Park has an awesome style that is unique yet also very familiar, and no other band can quite match it. Anyone who When I first listened to Meteora, I thought it wasn't nearly as good as Hybrid Theory. But the new songs grow on you a whole lot, and soon rise to the same if not greater levels than those on the first CD, especially "Somewhere I Belong" and "From the Inside." Linkin Park has an awesome style that is unique yet also very familiar, and no other band can quite match it. Anyone who liked Hybrid Theory should get this album immediately. Expand
  71. JoanAlabortM
    Apr 8, 2003
    It's cool
  72. LeslieMightyPoo
    Jun 24, 2003
    Its a very good cd (unless you don't like the way tey make their music...) and almost every track is good (somewhere, hit the floor , easier, faint, breaking the habit, numb) Even my mother likes Linkin Park now!! Doesn't that say something?? I you don't agree buy Hybrid Theory or Britney...
  73. ryuh
    Jun 3, 2003
    i thought it was a spectacular piece of music they put together
  74. Jenthebassgrrl
    Jun 3, 2003
    I love it to death. It rocks, it's angry (like me!) and my favorite is definitely "faint". yeah, I love you, LP!!!!!
  75. xxxkkk
    Aug 3, 2003
    It's perfect and i think that everyone who loved Hibryd Theory has to listen this album because it's GREAT!
  76. CasperRex
    Aug 7, 2003
    it is the best cd ever made and it's true it's so great
  77. RockyP
    Sep 6, 2003
    Meteora is by far the best album I ever heard in my life. Hearing it for the first time, my reaction was slightly disappointed. But after actually listening to it the second time, I loved it. Meteora is alot more inspirational, ambitous, and important then Hybrid Theory. Don't get me wrong, I love the first album with its great lyrics, melodies, and intensity. I think Meteora has Meteora is by far the best album I ever heard in my life. Hearing it for the first time, my reaction was slightly disappointed. But after actually listening to it the second time, I loved it. Meteora is alot more inspirational, ambitous, and important then Hybrid Theory. Don't get me wrong, I love the first album with its great lyrics, melodies, and intensity. I think Meteora has more of a meaning with its more incredible lyrics and better instrumentation. Even though the album is shorter then Hybrid Theory, I think it is better that way because it gives Meteora a sort of meaningful and and "work of art" vibe. Linkin Park new what they were doing with this record and did a fantastic job at it. If your down with the LP I strongly recommend you buy this album, you won't regret it. I guarantee you! Expand
  78. Candy&Pookie
    Jan 7, 2004
    Candy & Pookie thinks this record is the s**t !! Go buy it now you mofo!!!!
  79. LindaC
    Feb 10, 2004
    Great album I like it as much as Hybrid Theory!!! Linkin Park is the chiznitt
  80. leanneb
    Mar 17, 2004
    this album is great 2 listen 2
  81. Martijn
    Aug 5, 2004
    This CD is realy great...
  82. MatthewS
    Aug 7, 2004
    A brilliant cd with good extras I especially like the screensaver the only real let down is the length but maybe the shortness is a good thing.
  83. codyj
    Oct 28, 2005
    it's the best thing since cup noodles
  84. SimonoD
    Jan 5, 2005
    Linkin Park rules!! Anyone who disagrees, don't know anything about music. This is just one of those records that you're like "wow, this is great stuff!" LP Rules forever!
  85. JessicaK
    Mar 28, 2005
    If you liked the first one you'll like the second one. While not necessarily THE MOST talented musicans in the world, they can hold their own. If you are a musician you wont be very impressed by the simplicity of this band. However, if Frank Zappa's sheet music means nothing to you, go buy Meterioa and love it for all it's glory.
  86. JessB
    Mar 30, 2005
    This album offers a different style of songs but still manages to give off a rebellious vibe that keeps listeners coming back for more. I think this CD is as good, if not better than, Hybrid Theory.
  87. InsertNameHere
    Aug 4, 2007
    A great addition to any fan of Linkin Parks CD collection, but they should have just named it Hybrid Theory Part 2. Not saying thats a bad thing Linkin Park sounds great but when i listened to both CD's back-to-back i couldn't tell when one finished and the other began (only reason this didn't get a ten).
  88. Jimmy
    Sep 8, 2007
    Awesome! The production is slamming.
  89. CamillaL.
    Jan 29, 2008
    Fantastic album! It's maybe not as heavy as their first album, and more electronical. I especially like Lying From You and Figure.09. The art in the booklet is cool but the cover is not that beautiful. Still this album gets 10 points by me.
  90. whybother
    Apr 26, 2008
    an incredible blend of rap,rock and pure emotion that only bands such as "the cure" has achieved,while absolutely destroying the new album... I truly think this is the third best album ever, coming after the joshua tree and led zeppelin iv...
  91. NaveenK
    Jul 17, 2008
    Critics may not notice....But History will decide.... This is going to be one of the Greatest Metal Albums of All Time. I mean .. why 64? Whats wrong with this album.... There are 0 Bad Songs. Numb, Breaking the Habit are all great songs....what more do you need????? I cant understand you critics... Melody(Tune) first, Music second, Lyrics next, Tits at the Last... but You critics get it Critics may not notice....But History will decide.... This is going to be one of the Greatest Metal Albums of All Time. I mean .. why 64? Whats wrong with this album.... There are 0 Bad Songs. Numb, Breaking the Habit are all great songs....what more do you need????? I cant understand you critics... Melody(Tune) first, Music second, Lyrics next, Tits at the Last... but You critics get it the other way! Expand
  92. BitBurn
    Dec 30, 2003
    I really dig this record! Songs are short, powerful and straight to the point. No b******t here!! Strong melodies, some classic guitar riffs, a little rap, good sub bass, I totally love it.
  93. AshleyA
    Oct 7, 2003
    Linkin Park ia my faverite band in the whole world thay are the best and there cd meteora is with more than 10 because ut is the best you are nuts if you dont think is worth more then a ten
  94. J.Mulero
    Mar 26, 2003
    Last night I was lucky enough to score VIP tickets to their show in Hollywood last night. Both the show and this cd are amazing. Theyre exploring some different styles while maintaing their sound. The sophomore slump doesnt apply here. Buy it and love it! And see the show!
  95. JessicaM
    Mar 29, 2003
    This is tthe best cd ever made i love to listen to it
  96. KevinL
    Apr 2, 2003
    This cd is as hot as the rest, keep up the good work guys!!!
  97. IamL
    Apr 22, 2003
    It's a good album, no doubt... but is it better than Hybrid Theory? It isn't... at all. I enjoyed this album but enjoyed Hybrid Theory a whole lot more. The album also flies by incredibly fast, only 12 songs... none of them lasting much. Buy this album if you're a LP fan... or if ya wanna give 'em a try.
  98. Bob
    Apr 4, 2003
    This only has 3 good songs, one of which doesnt count since it is the beginning of track 2. the only good ones are 1,2, and 3
  99. MarkD
    Apr 9, 2003
    Keep doing what you're doing because the music is Very enjoyable
  100. Blade-master21
    May 8, 2003
    Realy good Cd. Its not as good as the first but almost.

1. Through it all, the guys stay just as tight (translation: radio-ready) as ever, offering up tracks in near-perfect three-minute doses.
  2. Coming from a group whose debut offered a glimmer of hope for the expansion of the genre's boundaries, such creative laziness is all the more disappointing.
  3. While being as well-crafted, catchy and dynamic as the first one, it leaves you feeling distinctly underwhelmed, as if the band had simply reprogrammed the Pro-Tools machine that they'd made the first album on and changed the lyrics and speed of the songs a bit.