One Of The Boys - Katy Perry
6.0

Review this album

1. Sep 23, 2014
    This is my favourite album by Katy, but I think she can do way better than this. My favourite songs by her are unreleased gems like Wish You The Worst, Simple, Diamond. It's such a shame that she had to repress her artistry to pursue commercial success.
  2. Aug 26, 2014
    Great pop-rock debut album. Favorite songs: Lost, Im Still Breathing, If You Can Afford Me
  3. Aug 26, 2014
    Desafinar, se escorar no Dr. Luke, pagar jabá, plagiar, comprar composições da Bonnie McKee e ser falsa, são os grandes talentos da pseudo cantora Katy Perry. Ainda foi pouco. Ur So Gay é a única faixa que presta e é totalmente esquecível, depois de ouvir 10 vezes você cansa. Este segundo álbum dela não trás nada de novo e de relevante para o mundo da música. Katy Hudson fracasso de todas as formas e One Of The Boys seguiu o mesmo caminho. Do que adianta ter muitos #1's se a própria não consegue cantar nenhum? Expand
  4. Jun 20, 2014
    Um ótimo album,pop o suficiente,criativo e divertido e sarcástico.
    Ainda é e pelo jeito sempre será o melhor trabalho da Katy "nada princesa ou rainha" Perry.
  5. Jan 3, 2014
    It's a very cheerful album, most of her songs are fresh and well-developed lyric. Surely her voice is not a strong point but she tried to supplement it with the harmony of rhythm and lyrics. Most recommended songs are "I Kissed A Girl", "Waking Up In Vegas", "Thinking Of You" and "Hot N Cold".
  6. Nov 11, 2013
    LGBT-offenders I Kissed a Girl and Ur So Gay might have promised an album that may at least be musically catchy, ONE OF THE BOYS Strives so hard to be good controversial pop, but it winds down to a forgettable set of songs.
  7. Oct 17, 2013
    This is the worst album of Katy, but does not make it bad, not nearly. We have songs really tiring, but I Kissed A Girl, Hot N Cold, Thinking Of You and Waking Up In Vegas are classic and even in his first album, the best pop hitmaker managed to stick her name in the history of music.
  8. Oct 13, 2013
    Buen álbum, este estilo enfocándose al Rock era la verdadera esencia de Perry, no se porque cambio tanto en su segundo album, los sonidos que maneja One Of The Boys son realmente buenos.
  9. Aug 26, 2013
    An unfortunately underrated pop album, Perry's One of the Boys features some of the freshest, best-written pop/rock songs of the late 2000s. Borrowing from P!nk, Avril Lavigne, and even The Beach Boys, Katy's mainstream debut is a All-American, All-Californian, even at times retro-sounding record that features powerful vocals from Perry and appealing, suburban high-school, girl-next-door, tom-boy anthems that are both catchy and exceptionally written. Highlights include "One of the Boys," "Waking Up in Vegas," "Thinking of You," "Mannequin," "If You Can Afford Me," and "Fingerprints." Expand
  10. Aug 26, 2013
    It's good. Not the best album of 2008, but it's definitely close. The only bad thing on the album is some of the songs would be better for other singers.
  11. Mar 31, 2013
    Great album really shows Katys lyricall and vocal talent. From One Of The Boys to Fingerprints the album is very catchy and enjoyable. Listen to it with an open mind and you'll love it. The genre is more rock/pop than anything. The lead single was a great choice to attract and audience so with the other singles. The albm highlights are definatly If You Can Afford Me, Hot n' Cold and Thinking Of You. I really love Mannequin, Lost, I Kissed A Girl, Lost and Fingerprints to. Overall a enjoyable, amazing album and i give it a 9/10 and i would advise you to buy it now! but if you haven't heard some songs from it yet, listen to it first its really not for everyone, Enjoy! Expand
  12. Mar 24, 2013
    One Of The Best Debut's In Along Time!
  13. Mar 24, 2013
    Katy Perry did fairly well on her debut album as a pop artist. Tracks "I Kissed A Girl" and "Waking Up In Vegas" are home runs.
  14. Nov 21, 2012
    The only thing anyone should listen to an album like this for is escape, which the music of Katy Perry's debut provides with some catchy pop bass lines and a contagious enthusiastic spirit, but the lyrics are so rooted in frustration that it's hard to grab on. But as individual songs, guess what? Not bad. Not bad at all, Miss Perry.
  15. Nov 12, 2012
    Rather than being hot and cold, Katy Perry's One of the Boys is just cold.
  16. Oct 22, 2012
    A good exception to all the other stupid pop stuff on the radio! Katy Perry has got a really nice voice and the sound is much more rocking than the usual (also you probably won't expect when you only heard the songs that got airplay). But there are many mistakes: She really overdoes the high- and low-singing and some songs aren't even catchy after hearing them three times. But still the album is a well-made and diversified Pop CD. Expand
  17. Sep 30, 2012
    One of the Boys is a decent debut album filled with catchy pop tunes and some addictive songs, though the songs really heavily on mainstream cliches and lack creativity. Overall, Over of the Boys is a fun pop album for people who are fans of today's mainstream music.
  18. Jun 15, 2012
    Not as so powerful as 'Teenage Dream', the album still manages to have its pack punches with hits including 'I Kissed a Girl', 'Hot n Cold' and 'Waking Up in Vegas'. And the whole atmosphere of fashion and style in this album is fine, its just the lyrics and vocal style in some songs (for example 'Fingerprints') manage to be abit off. Overall, 'One Of the Boys' is a good teen record to have.
  19. May 28, 2012
    A Great Debut Album!
    I Think Katy's Real Self Didnt Seem To Shine In This Album Sadly Though... Still A Breathtaking Album..
    I Dont Like That Some Song's Were Seen As "Rock"
    Still Amazing!
    Giving This Album Above A 8 Would Be Too Nice!
  20. May 25, 2012
    I've decided to lower my rating a bit for this album. I still think it's enjoyable and fun, and it's refreshing to listen to pop music that isn't the same kind of electronic dance pop that is so common now.
  21. Apr 26, 2012
    Not a huge Katy Perry fan. Her singing isn't anything spectacular, her songs are monotonous, but it's a nice attempt. Not sure why she is so famous, or what the hype about her is all about. Pass.
  22. Mar 27, 2012
    Still my favorite Katy Perry album. It more personal than Teenage Dream, and has an rock edge to it. I'm still breathing remains my favorite song of all time. I hope to seem more material like this in her upcoming album.
  23. Mar 25, 2012
    "One of the Boys" is Perry's sophomore effort after her horrendous christian debut album "Katy Hudson". This one is clearly her attempt (and success) into making her a place in the mainstream pop world. "One of the Boys" is an album with character, displaying Perry as a pin-up pop-rock-ish girl that writes her own songs. Back in 2008 she was quite fresh for the pop scene, even if the album was not that good. "I Kissed a Girl" and "Hot 'n' Cold" were the obvious hits she needed to achieve success but, even if the album has some other great songs in it, it is quite irregular and unfortunately doesn't maintain it's good level all through. Nonetheless I feel she could've been a great pop-rock artist, if she didn't transform her sound into the extreme bubblegum pop that her next effort ("Teenage Dream") is.

Highlights: Thinking of You, Waking Up in Vegas, Lost, Fingerprints
  24. Mar 25, 2012
    Good album! Funny and simply! Love the way she sings with a guitar........... I prefer "Teenage Dream" but this is good, too. ( sorry for my English )
  25. Oct 13, 2011
    Simply amazing. This is the real Katy Perry! Well she still can't sing that well, and she's quite terrible live - but this album represents her. Not purely commercial Teenage Dream.
  26. Aug 12, 2011
    I'd recommend it, but it's your choice. Katy Perry, with this album, creates a solid start to the beginning of her career--at least breaking away from Christian rock music. There are only a few songs, on the other hand, that you actually need on ONE OF THE BOYS, which are "I Kissed a Girl", "Waking Up in Vegas", and "Hot N Cold".
  27. Jul 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of The Boys is not a ordinary album.Is original,stronger and fun.One Of The Boys it's the perfect started.I Kissed a Girl it's the best song of the album.Waking Up In Vegas is good but not enough.Thinking Of U is the best ever ballad i hear.Mannequin it;s stronger and contagious.Ur So Gay is A Guilty Pleasure.You don't stop to listen the song cuz u sing:Ur so gay but you don't like the boys.Hot N Cold it's cool and fresh but not so original.A mix between I Kissed A Girl and Ur So Gay.If U Can Afford Me:One of the best song.Lost a perfect ballad but not good position in the track list.Self Inflicted:It's a normal song i can't remember nothing about the lyrics or instrumental after ten listen.I'm Still Breathing A Perfect Ballad.Fingerprints:Fun and contagious.Conclusion:Super Cd Expand
  28. Jul 22, 2011
    From "One Of The Boys" to "Fingerprint" to the bonus tracks like "I Think I'm Ready", "Cup Of Coffee", "Electric Feel", and "Black & Gold" every track on this album is flawless. I really like the billboard review. At that time it had been a minute since an album was full of so many potential hits. I honestly had to pick my jaw off the ground when i saw the low 6.0 user rating on here!
  29. May 26, 2011
    While "Hot & Cold" and "I Kissed a Girl" are excellent tracks, most of the other songs are average. Her second LP, Teenage Dream, is much more enjoyable.
  30. May 24, 2011
    The songs are decent enough - Though there all a bit samey with only a few standing out. Katy Perry has the attitude, looks and charisma to pull it off - She just needs to music now.
  31. Feb 28, 2011
    Katy Perry Is One Of The Best Artists For Young Adults Because Of Her Style Of Singing.. This Album Features 11 Of Her Best Songs, Including Waking Up In Vegas, Hot N Cold, One Of The Boys, And Others...
    This Album Show's Her Creative Side Of Singing, And Experience In The Music World...
    This CD Would Be Great For A Katy Perry Fan!
  32. Dec 1, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This first album of Katy Perry has everything that a reader of Billboard Magazine wanted and hoped. But it stops here. The huge and classical hits "I Kissed a Girl" and "Hot N' Cold" are there to make you think a lot when you wish to throw out this CD, besides "Waking Up In Vegas" that can be considered the best produced song here. You will enjoy yourself with "U R So Gay" another song that can save this album and get involved with the sweet "Lost" that might deceive you with Perry's screams that surely is the climax of the song. But the reasons to buy it finish here. "One of The Boys", "Mannequin" and "If You Can Afford Me" are hearable music and it is the maximum adjective that I can give to them. You won't need to listen to the last three songs because you will think you wasted your money. Expand
  33. Nov 27, 2010
    I love the album's concept, the classic rock feel. I love how Katy Perry solely writes her song like "Thinking of You", "One of the Boys" and "Mannequin." I also love her singles which are danceable and fun. But some songs are same sounding and kinda boring. But at least, I see the artistic value in the album.
  34. Aug 22, 2010
    I expected something better from katy cuz i really liked her singles but the new songs are too slow and a bit boring,too. In a week her new album will be released ... let's hope 4 something more lively!!!

1. The problem is not with Katy's gender-bending, it's that her heart isn't in it; she's just using it to get her places, so she sinks to crass, craven depths that turn One of the Boys into a grotesque emblem of all the wretched excesses of this decade.
  2. Yes, Perry has a heart, but it sounds like her bustier's too tight for her to use it.
  3. 'Mannequin' features some cleverly written lyrics, but Perry doesn't possess the grit or vocal prowess to follow through, and the title track is like No Doubt's 'Just a Girl' sans personality and conviction.