Queens of the Stone Age [Reissue] - Queens of the Stone Age
8.9

Review this album

1. May 27, 2011
    I fire up Slave I, pop in this album, rollup a dutch, light it and collect bounties in a galaxy far, far away.

Regular John and Mexicola are my favorite songs on this record, although when I caught Han Solo trying to pull the ol 'float away with the garbage trick', I was listening to How To Handle A Rope... so now I'm partial to that when I need to get sh*t done.
  2. j30
    Sep 4, 2011
    One of the most important hard rock bands from the late 90's early 00's re-releasing their brilliant debut LP. A near perfect album.
  3. Feb 6, 2014
    While Songs for the Deaf just about edges it, this is my second favourite album of all time. Includes a lot of my favourite QOTSA songs and is just an all round brilliant album. Has a great tone that's half way between Kyuss and QOTSA's later records and (probably) includes my favourite ending song of any QOTSA album. Just buy it.
  4. Nov 27, 2014
    Simply put, this album is gritty as **** and I love it. The dirty fuzz in the instrumentation give it a nice, uncut and rough edge that really caps off the overall vibe of the album. It's untamed, it's loud, and it's superb. Excellent riffing and heavy everything, not to mention the almost southern drawl delivery from Hommes that makes Queens of the Stone Age who they are.

1. Apr 20, 2011
    Now reissued and remastered, those principals are still sound: classic riffs and also more toothsome and unswinging structures, what ch are nice, especially when they stop. [Apr 2011, p.94]
  2. Apr 20, 2011
    Homme has gone on to make sexier records, but for sheer creepy sensuality QOTSA is the definitive article. [Apr 2011, p.112]
  3. Apr 14, 2011
    The newly remastered version is also bolstered by three additional track as reclaimed from the vaults. [Apr 2011, p.114]